Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: which parent/guardian gives you a harder time about your preference?
mother 68 25.95%
father 38 14.50%
stepmother 2 0.76%
stepfather 1 0.38%
other - someone else who raised you 2 0.76%
all guardians give you a hard time equally 31 11.83%
no guardian gives you a hard time 120 45.80%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #176
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
No one in my family accepts it. None of my friends accept it. You guys here are pretty cool, but that's about it.

It use to mean a lot to me what people think. But I realize that nobody really has my best interest in mind, and they all piss me off most of the time. I shouldn't let anybody control my life, and I really should start seeking out relationships that will make me happy, instead of finding relationships to make someone else happy.

completely agree with you man! and remember true freinds would WANT you to be happy.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #177
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

People in my family would most likely not mind or care at all. Although chances of bringing anyone to my home will be a big question mark, since my mother is one of those "Jesus fanatics".

On the other hand, my friends are the only ones that will most likely give me a rough time about it.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #178
velia
unabashedly obese

velia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by natepogue View Post
So yes, I do plan on bringing big gals around, but I'm not ever going to say I'm an FA or that I enjoy SSBBW too. Showing is far better than telling.
Exactly! Why make a big verbal deal about it? If you make a big deal about it, you set the tone that it is, indeed, a big deal. If you say nothing and show up with your fat girlfriend and act like it's not a big deal (because it's not), your parents may be less likely to react poorly. Even if they fulfill all your greatest fears, at least you didn't set the stage for it being a big freaking catastrophe, and you can handle it from there.

I've always been far more attracted to fat people, and I've treated all parental encounters with my significant others just this way. Thankfully for my parents, they haven't ever said anything about it. Not only would it be hypocritical (they're both fat), but they know my stance on fat acceptance and they know they'd get a big factual lecture from me for being rude.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #179
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

Know? Nobody knows in my family and frankly I'm fine with that.

Hell, my mom even gave me the "gay talk" (that's what I call it) because I don't express any preference AT ALL around my family so there's a heavy assumption that I'm gay (I'M NOT).

That being said, I wouldn't really think it's anyone's business but my own whom I like, date, and/or sleep with.

I couldn't give a damn who my mother, sister, father, whomever sleeps with.
That is nobodies business but the parties involved and it frankly, really annoys me why people should care who I am dating and even if it is a guy, girl, or someone of transgender.

Whether they will disapprove or approve I couldn't care less.
It's not their life it is mine, if they don't approve they can go take a hike.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #180
luvbigfellas
Has lips like morphine

luvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this board

I don't discuss these sorts of things with my parents. I'm sure my mom probably knows it, since BHMs are pretty much the only guys I've brought home to meet her. But, as long as the man treats me right (y'know, manners, respect and the like), I don't think she gives a crap.

But, I'm one of the smaller people in my family, so that might have something to do with the size acceptance. Most of my relatives are bigger people. (I'm adopted.)
Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #181
StaySafeTonight
Awesome-Sauce.

StaySafeTonight is a member of the 500 clubStaySafeTonight is a member of the 500 clubStaySafeTonight is a member of the 500 clubStaySafeTonight is a member of the 500 clubStaySafeTonight is a member of the 500 clubStaySafeTonight is a member of the 500 club

If I got flack from anyone, it was from my friends- who only insulted an ex of mine because we for a few years and she turned out to be... well- a dangerously unstable sociopath. So I don't think that really counts :x

But really, I never got ANY flack from parents, or any relatives- and when things were going well my friends were extremely supportive. They all know my preferences anyway- it's anything but a secret.

In fact- the girls I've dated have gotten more flack for dating such a thin fellow than I've had for dating a fat woman!
StaySafeTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #182
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

My dad would disapprove of anyone I'm with. My mum doesn't care.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #183
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My mother shares my preference for tall, dark haired, slightly underweight men.

My biological father, who fits all of the family criteria, always thinks my sisters and I should be with Arnold types and gives us shit about liking "girly boys."

He wonders why we don't visit more often.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #184
svenmad2164
On Timeout

svenmad2164 has said some nice things
Default my mom disappoved of my pefrence

When i came out of the fat closet to my mom,she said to me I needed the Lord and Jesus and I tried to tell people in my preference but they all laughed at me and I began to not trust people at all and i wish the internet came out in the mid
80s then i would not feel so alone back then like i do now,because i lost a good friend and lover 10 years ago and she was 360 and I miss her alot,and the other bbw was 369 but i was not physically attracted to her it is this strange for a FA?
Sven
svenmad2164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #185
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Honestly, I am too old to worry about it. We all have to be happy and find love.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #186
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
This made me laugh I would have said "Are you planning on hitting on my wife dad?"
OMG This is so funny!