Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 05-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #26
cammy
bellyphile

cammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm good with the addiitonal "F" for denoting "female."
.:* .:*
cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #27
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

I prefer FA. There's a strong sense of "FFA" being "someone who likes BHM", and that's not true for some women. I don't have a problem with people using FFA (and I definitely see why some prefer it, particularly in your case, Melian), but I would prefer the general term be FA and I do think it would be easier if the forums were organized as "BHMs and those that love them" and "BBWs and those that love them". I was so confused when I first found this board as to what FA/FFA meant, and then once I had that down, I was confused as to why there was a board for FA/FFAs and then another one for BHM/FFAs... Ah well, I worked it out eventually, right?
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #28
Brooklyn Red Leg
Anarcho-Capitalism FTW!

Brooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Looking at some of the recent polls when many people use the Acronym FA they are defiantly not including FFAs. I like seeing FFA used because then I know they are included in the topic.
Yea, I agree completely. Maybe someday that will change, but for now it does not and I think it would be a disservice to stop its usage. It would be confusing.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #29
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Red Leg View Post
Yea, I agree completely. Maybe someday that will change, but for now it does not and I think it would be a disservice to stop its usage. It would be confusing.
hmm.. at this point in time you have 333 posts. I think this means you are half evil!
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #30
zanza

zanza has said some nice things

i can see the whole removal of the 'f' out of 'ffa' (although i am not sure if i should be the one to say anything on this, since i am guy)

but in reality i guess with constant changes of the dynamics of the community, i can still see it become more or less something that might be a person to person choice to be identified as such, although as a broad spectrum labeling it may be time for it to be transitioned out in favor of a more 'neutral' term, if that means using only FA or not, i am not sure, maybe we need to come with some other super cool acronym for the desire of all thing large and lovely no matter the gender

i still think it is not fair for 'chubby chaser' to be confined only to gay males or at least on the net, i feel FA all over the net need to take it back

who is with me?

I really don't know, I am sorta lost here.

No seriously, who am I?
zanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #31
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Nein. I still don't like the term "Chubby chaser," regardless of the connotations. But I respect that you or anyone may like it. I feel no need to recapture it personally.

Granted, however: FA isn't perfect, but I accept it. Then again, I don't use it around many people because some think it applies to me , it's confusing, and we already know what it implies too.

As for the topic at hand: I'm neutral. I agree that it implies exclusive/non-exclusive BHM love, which isn't always true (GO CORS AND MER!! *Dances* lol), and if we continued to just use FA it would add a little neutrality element, but I still think for now there would be confusion. I often am just gender neutral about it though (I.e. "Whatever he/she likes about him/her" ), because depending on what conversation I am in, I may use FA/FFA or XY that likes ZA.

This does make me think though. Terms aren't really a big deal in my book. So if y'all what chubby chaser, then take it. I'll become "The undefined."

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 AM   #32
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi

I think that Bear and Chub are great descriptors for Fat Men, Kudos to the Gay Community for grabbing them first

So I will stick with calling myself a big guy.

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanza View Post
i can see the whole removal of the 'f' out of 'ffa' (although i am not sure if i should be the one to say anything on this, since i am guy)

but in reality i guess with constant changes of the dynamics of the community, i can still see it become more or less something that might be a person to person choice to be identified as such, although as a broad spectrum labeling it may be time for it to be transitioned out in favor of a more 'neutral' term, if that means using only FA or not, i am not sure, maybe we need to come with some other super cool acronym for the desire of all thing large and lovely no matter the gender

i still think it is not fair for 'chubby chaser' to be confined only to gay males or at least on the net, i feel FA all over the net need to take it back

who is with me?
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #33
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I dont like the term 'chubby chaser' cause i like to be the one who is chased!
Though i guess i could be on board with 'chubby non runner away from' though its maby not quite so catchy.
Oh actually, that sounds bad.. erm..'chubby chased'?
Oh i dunno..what about just 'i love fatties!!'
Old 05-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #34
zanza

oh well

i never really cared either way about the term used, i just though it would be funny to see if any one would go with me on it

to be honest, i suppose i end up just saying 'i perfer larger women' in the end and that is generally how a feel

No seriously, who am I?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #35
mergirl

Quote:
oh well

i never really cared either way about the term used, i just though it would be funny to see if any one would go with me on it

to be honest, i suppose i end up just saying 'i perfer larger women' in the end and that is generally how a feel
Hey, You should reclaim 'chubby chaser' if you want!! Though, if you say you are a chubby chaser you may get some bears commin on to you. Its a sweet term i guess. I HAVE actually heard it being used in a non gay way a few times. Actually people have called me a chubby chaser before..which actually i prefer to Fa. It makes me seem less sinister..then i can catch people off guard n get em!! muwahahahahaha!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #36
zanza

*shrug*

i really don't care much, i just thought that is weird that such a 'mainstream' term for FA got snagged up by the gay community, since i guess it sorta has been floating around as a describer of FA's preferences in pop culture for a while, and i guess got grabbed up for exclusivity during the net age

the whole reclaiming thing was sorta a play off a Clerks 2 reference in a way, but meh ^^;

No seriously, who am I?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #37
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
I dont like the term 'chubby chaser' cause i like to be the one who is chased!
Though i guess i could be on board with 'chubby non runner away from' though its maby not quite so catchy.
Oh actually, that sounds bad.. erm..'chubby chased'?
Oh i dunno..what about just 'i love fatties!!'
I don't like the term chubby chaser.
Because I am attracted to fat women not to chubby one.

i love fatties sounds well.
Good idea for a tattoo
Old 05-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #38
Brooklyn Red Leg
Anarcho-Capitalism FTW!

Brooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Talking

Quote:
Hi

I think that Bear and Chub are great descriptors for Fat Men, Kudos to the Gay Community for grabbing them first

So I will stick with calling myself a big guy.

William
See, thats why I think Teddy Bear is a great descriptor for us. We're snuggly.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #39
mergirl

Quote:
*shrug*

i really don't care much, i just thought that is weird that such a 'mainstream' term for FA got snagged up by the gay community, since i guess it sorta has been floating around as a describer of FA's preferences in pop culture for a while, and i guess got grabbed up for exclusivity during the net age

the whole reclaiming thing was sorta a play off a Clerks 2 reference in a way, but meh ^^;
Well the Gay male community have always been more open about their preference for fat men. You will find 'bear and chaser' nights in most gay clubs and All gay guys know about this preference and it is just seen as a part (and a big one too *scuse pun*) of the gay scene. When was the last time you saw an Fa night in a regular jo's bar? I imagine per head there are more hetro Fa's than Homo ones so you would think these kinna nights would be a big hit.. obviously you would have to do a 'bbw's drink for free' promo or something..but still. Most of the Fat events seem to be geared around the BBW and not the Fa.. the Fa's are an after thought almost whereas in the gay community chasers are definatly an outspoken and visable group.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #40
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockierer View Post
I don't like the term chubby chaser.
Because I am attracted to fat women not to chubby one.

i love fatties sounds well.
Good idea for a tattoo
Ok.. lol.. 'fatty chaser' is JUST as good!!
Maby you hetro guys can claim that before the gays take it!!
You are all going to have to collectively piss over the term,,, THEN it shall be yours!!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #41
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

*Some don't think it applies to me*

Persnickety es muy persnickety. lol

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #42
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipmixgirl View Post
thank you for the correction! i joined in late March 2006 with the 8 forums... i was indeed aware that the new board came on the scene on October? November 2005.
Helloo.... *waves* yeah the new boards did come online mid '00s, but DIMS online and it's web boards - certainly the weight board - have been around since at least 2001, if not earlier (I just checked an old post in my archives it dates to then... my handle on here was Fidgreen back then)... you're right though, things have really changed and diversified around here since then... I like it!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #43
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi

I dated a lady that called me Pumpkin.

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Red Leg View Post
See, thats why I think Teddy Bear is a great descriptor for us. We're snuggly.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #44
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Hi

Looking at some of the recent polls when many people use the Acronym FA they are defiantly not including FFAs. I like seeing FFA used because then I know they are included in the topic.

William
This.
I think there's a tendency on the boards to "forget" to include the ladies-who-love-fat-folks and for now at least I think the FFA thing functions as a little prod to the memory... which is good, right?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #45
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
To be honest i'm not all that comfortable with the term 'fa' .. when people ask me 'oh whats that'.. i'm like.. "oh. arm..erm.. well Fat admirer.. but i dont really like that term". Whereas if i say "I love/prefer Fat women" It just totally rolls of my tounge without any hesitation or cringy feeling.
I think this is because to me, it feels it encompasses the 'women' as well as the 'fat'. Fat admirer, seems fetishistic and slightly too shallow and athstetic for my liking somehow.
Yes! This!

Unlike Peter Griffin in "that" episode of Family Guy (lolz) I'm not getting my jollys with a big plastic bag full of fat! - I adore cute fat chicks - a whole actual human-person-being!

And in RL I normally just say that - including the cute!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:21 AM   #46
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
Yes! This!

Unlike Peter Griffin in "that" episode of Family Guy (lolz) I'm not getting my jollys with a big plastic bag full of fat! - I adore cute fat chicks - a whole actual human-person-being!

And in RL I normally just say that - including the cute!
lmao. yeah, i'm with you on the not being into 'bag of fat lovin' though i thought fat lois was sexy! Actually, i was watching Family guy live and the woman who does the voice of lois is kinna chubby and a wee bit hot too..
I think Fa is more of an internet thing really, well at least to me. I think from now on if people ask me about my preference i will just say i love big women as opposed to saying "i am an Fa".. its like something you would say crying to a circle of people.. sniff.. my name is mer and i'm a Fataholic"!! Then they would all clap and you would have crap cookies and tea.
Plus most times i have said i'm an Fa, people have said to me "What like in that documentary where the guy feeds the women until they can't walk" ..and then i have to get into a whole conversation about the difference between Fa's and feeders.. and half the time i can't be bothered so just say "Yes, just like that, except i feed them to death and then eat them"..
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #47
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

I agree that ffa should be removed. FA covers the grounds quite sufficiently, but yes "EFFAY" is harsh sounding. I have no problem saying Fat Admirer, but maybe for some FA is more of a undertoned way of expressing their feelings. I know it is an abbreviation, but sometimes it can be easier to say I'm an FA, because its more laid back. Fat Admirer is very straight forward, well at least in my opinion.
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #48
anybodys

anybodys can now change their title

I don't see the extra F as offensive or demeaning, but it is rather unneccessary-- male FA's, after all, aren't referred to as MFAs. I think everybody at Dimensions is fully aware that FAs come in both genders and all orientations. While the world at large tends to think of "chubby chasers" (the term I most commonly hear used) as male, whether straight or gay, the world at large also doesn't use the terms FA or FFA anyway. So the people who would need clarification (the world at large) wouldn't know what FFA meant anyway (or would think you were talking about the Future Farmers of America) and the people who do use the term FFA don't really need the clarification. Also, knowing somebody's gender doesn't tell you everything-- an FFA could be straight, gay, bi, or something else entirely, so seeing the extra F doesn't automatically tell you if she is into BHM, BBW, or both.
This has gotten a bit rambly, but what I mean to say is that while the extra F doesn't particularly bother me, I don't see any need for it.
anybodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #49
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodys View Post
I don't see the extra F as offensive or demeaning, but it is rather unneccessary-- male FA's, after all, aren't referred to as MFAs. I think everybody at Dimensions is fully aware that FAs come in both genders and all orientations. While the world at large tends to think of "chubby chasers" (the term I most commonly hear used) as male, whether straight or gay, the world at large also doesn't use the terms FA or FFA anyway. So the people who would need clarification (the world at large) wouldn't know what FFA meant anyway (or would think you were talking about the Future Farmers of America) and the people who do use the term FFA don't really need the clarification. Also, knowing somebody's gender doesn't tell you everything-- an FFA could be straight, gay, bi, or something else entirely, so seeing the extra F doesn't automatically tell you if she is into BHM, BBW, or both.
This has gotten a bit rambly, but what I mean to say is that while the extra F doesn't particularly bother me, I don't see any need for it.
I have been referred to as a "M'F'A" in the real world, but not by people who were calling me a "Male Fat Admirer"! Lolz!

And why do I have a mental image of the Future Farmers of America all togged out as superheroes in spandex and capes?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #50
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
lmao. yeah, i'm with you on the not being into 'bag of fat lovin' though i thought fat lois was sexy! Actually, i was watching Family guy live and the woman who does the voice of lois is kinna chubby and a wee bit hot too..
I think Fa is more of an internet thing really, well at least to me. I think from now on if people ask me about my preference i will just say i love big women as opposed to saying "i am an Fa".. its like something you would say crying to a circle of people.. sniff.. my name is mer and i'm a Fataholic"!! Then they would all clap and you would have crap cookies and tea.
Plus most times i have said i'm an Fa, people have said to me "What like in that documentary where the guy feeds the women until they can't walk" ..and then i have to get into a whole conversation about the difference between Fa's and feeders.. and half the time i can't be bothered so just say "Yes, just like that, except i feed them to death and then eat them"..
Is it just me or is Lois' voice hella sexy? I know that accent is meant to be grating but... I kinda dig it..

Aaaarrgh! not that C4 documentary! goddamnit! How much of a pain in the arse has that been? WTF that this the only impression the "normals" seem to have of FAs / feeders...

How does your confession of homicidal feeder cannibalism go down? heads exploding??