Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: What geographic region do you currently reside in?
Northeast (US) 124 23.57%
Southeast(US) 69 13.12%
Midwest(US) 77 14.64%
Southwest(US) 28 5.32%
Mountain States(US) 15 2.85%
Pacific States(US) 68 12.93%
Other US Territories 1 0.19%
Outside US 144 27.38%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default FA/FFA Where Do you Live?

What geographic region do you currently reside in?
The Regional breakdowns in the above poll are as follows. I used the breakdowns that were listed in either Wikipedia or the Census -but, again these things do vary....

United States

Northeast:
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut; New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,Delaware and Maryland.

Southeast:
Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama, North Carolina, Virginia , West Virginia, Washington DC, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky.

Midwest:
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Southwest:
Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma,Texas

Mountain States:
Montana, Wyoming,Colorado,New Mexico,Idaho,Utah,Arizona, Nevada

Pacific States:
Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Hawaii

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Other US Territories (Guam, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico,Northern Mariana Islands)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside US (Canada,Mexico,Europe, Latin America,Asia,Africa,Middle East,Far East etc.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What are some of the positives of living in your area?
2. What are some of the negatives?

Last edited by tonynyc; 04-13-2009 at 04:15 PM.
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ohio. Specifically western Ohio. No one on Dims is near here except Rebecca who is in Cincy. Tons and tons of people in and around northwest Ohio, though.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Region: Northeast (NYC)

Pluses: Diversity (both in people and food choices) - for the most part people do leave you alone.

Minuses: Not the most Fat Friendly City. You have to walk everywhere to most things. Also, City Supermarkets tend to be tiny when compared to Suburban areas.
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I live in London, England.

Positives: Great place to explore, huge variety of food, most people are gay-friendly and generally open-minded.

Negatives: Extremely fat-unfriendly, high cost of living.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
The Fat Man
Fat Don Draper

The Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticed

Texas here.

1. What are some of the positives of living in your area? One of the "fattest" states in the country. Lots of really great local cuisines from the best bar-b-que in the world to insanely tasty authentic Mexican food and everything in between.
2. What are some of the negatives? Humidity, heat, mosquitoes during the summer, lots of Christian conservative types. Not saying that last one is a bad thing, I'm just a raving liberal so to me.. yeah, anyway. Texas isn't as staunchly republican as a lot of the South Eastern states. 45% of Texans voted on the democratic ticket in the election, some analysts are actually saying Texas could be a swing state in the next election. Woot.

Well, that spun off into a little tangent, didn't it, sorry. Heh.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Southwest for now.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
SoliloquyOfaSiren

SoliloquyOfaSiren can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSoliloquyOfaSiren can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
Ohio. Specifically western Ohio. No one on Dims is near here except Rebecca who is in Cincy. Tons and tons of people in and around northwest Ohio, though.
Haha I'm representing the A-Kay ROWDY.... (Akron, Ohio) :P

and really?? everyone to me seems to be in Michigan :/

So shall we recap this pathetic life?
I'll role the clip, you'll hold the knife.
Rewind back to when you cared,
then fast-forward to the scars we bare.
And we'll open our eyes to find everything's fading.
Reckon it's fatal, but just look at the ratings.
Because the populace indulges through TV screens,
TiVo the laughter and mute the screams.
Thus we bottle all our tears inside,
repress the pain till our hearts collide...
SoliloquyOfaSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
SoliloquyOfaSiren

SoliloquyOfaSiren can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSoliloquyOfaSiren can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Man View Post
Texas here.

1. What are some of the positives of living in your area? One of the "fattest" states in the country. Lots of really great local cuisines from the best bar-b-que in the world to insanely tasty authentic Mexican food and everything in between.
2. What are some of the negatives? Humidity, heat, mosquitoes during the summer, lots of Christian conservative types. Not saying that last one is a bad thing, I'm just a raving liberal so to me.. yeah, anyway. Texas isn't as staunchly republican as a lot of the South Eastern states. 45% of Texans voted on the democratic ticket in the election, some analysts are actually saying Texas could be a swing state in the next election. Woot.

Well, that spun off into a little tangent, didn't it, sorry. Heh.
Lol I grew up in Keller, TX.....its north of Dallas.... and Texas is one of those weird states where if you are bouncing from city to city....its either all caucasion or entirely hispanic....just something I noticed.

I do miss texas plus one of the sexiest BHM resides there, Andie...I'm sure some of you here know him....hes a teen gainer....waiting for him to turn 18 dammit!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
blackghost75
Smiley is my nickname :)

blackghost75 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
What geographic region do you currently reside in?
The Regional breakdowns in the above poll are as follows. I used the breakdowns that were listed in either Wikipedia or the Census -but, again these things do vary....

United States

Northeast:
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut; New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,Delaware and Maryland.

Southeast:
Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama, North Carolina, Virginia , West Virginia, Washington DC, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky.

Midwest:
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Southwest:
Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma,Texas

Mountain States:
Montana, Wyoming,Colorado,New Mexico,Idaho,Utah,Arizona, Nevada

Pacific States:
Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Hawaii

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Other US Territories (Guam, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico,Northern Mariana Islands)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside US (Canada,Mexico,Europe, Latin America,Asia,Africa,Middle East,Far East etc.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What are some of the positives of living in your area?
2. What are some of the negatives?
I live in Maryland which is a southern state since it's below the Mason and Dixon Line.

1. Positives in my area are that there is a great deal of bbw's and ssbbw's and that there is some racial diversity.

2. The negatives that I find in my area are-There is not much interracial dating, There is no plus-size scene as far as events. The area isn't fat friendly.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
Dism4l
Skewed Perspective

Dism4l can now change their title

Representing Colorado here!
Unfortunately it's one of the leanest of our 50 states
But being closer to Denver seems to offset that statistic!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

FAs- come to Australia! nomnomnom
Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #12
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm about half an hour to 40 minutes outside of philly.

Cheesesteaks, HELLO.

Downside? Eh, i'm not sure. we have a lot of fatties round these parts.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #13
VVET

VVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default FA - Illinois

Chicago Bang Bang
VVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #14
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Southern California
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #15
KnottyOne
Ready For A Broken Heart?

KnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Philly represent

Pros: Sports

Cons: Faaaaaaaar to many to list

The past and future, is in us or nowhere. The external world is the shadow world, casting its shadows into the world of light. Now it seems to us so dark within, so lonely and chaotic. But how different it will seem to us when this eclipse is past and the shadow is removed. We will enjoy ourselves more than ever, for our spirit has suffered such deprivation.
KnottyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #16
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Vancouver, BC Canada

Pros: Gorgeous, gorgeous. Mountains AND ocean at your doorstep. Diverse/multicultural. Pro-gay marriage. Pretty pot-friendly. HOCKEY! Go Giants, Go Canucks!

Cons: Not very fat-friendly. Increasing crime. Bad traffic. High cost of living.

Last edited by Surlysomething; 04-13-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #17
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

living in Portland, Oregon...studying for a post-grad certification.

I've been here 8 months and will most likely be here for 6 more? Its crazy how time has flown!

I'm originally from the UK, but don't really know if I shall return, continue to study, or get lucky and find employment here in the US?

Portland Pros: Super-beautiful natural landscapes, advanced attitudes towards environmental preservation and social sustainability, warm friendly city and people, similar to a European city in many ways (familiarity can be good)...

Portland Cons: The weather reminds me of home, similar to a European city in many ways (familiarity also makes the adventure less of a new cultural experience)
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #18
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Kansas the state not the city.

Positives: There are lots of bbws/ssbbws here in a good race/cultural mix, size friendly in businesses moreso than in many other places I've been and seen.

Negatives: Weather that changes by the minute, Very blue law dominant, and given the size of the nearby metro areas, there is very little to no size related night life or gatherings without driving for many hours from where I actually live within the state that I am aware of.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #19
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

New Zealand.....WAY better than Old Zealand!
ladle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #20
SoliloquyOfaSiren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladle View Post
New Zealand.....WAY better than Old Zealand!
Lmao....I had a friend who moved there.

hmmm Akron/Cleveland....

Pros: Decent dining, awesome metal scene, I'm getting a full ride to college here , and we have some pretty amazing people here.

Cons: Our sports with the exception of the Cavs fail epically, Jeffrey Dahmer went to my high school and his house is five minutes from mine, lack of fat men , and our weather...... its sickening

Old 04-14-2009, 04:02 AM   #21
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hope he didn't move to Old Zealand...he'd have been very disappointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoliloquyOfaSiren View Post
Lmao....I had a friend who moved there.

hmmm Akron/Cleveland....

Pros: Decent dining, awesome metal scene, I'm getting a full ride to college here , and we have some pretty amazing people here.

Cons: Our sports with the exception of the Cavs fail epically, Jeffrey Dahmer went to my high school and his house is five minutes from mine, lack of fat men , and our weather...... its sickening
ladle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #22
CCC

CCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized rep

I'll be in school for two more years. After that... well, my future isn't decided.

Hanover, NH (school):
Pros:
-quaint village, population 12,000
-good restaurants
-safe environment
Cons:
-quaint village, population 12,000
-nothing to do besides going to the Wal-Mart 10 miles away
-NO big girls at all

Nyack, NY (home):
Pros:
-progressive, liberal town
-easy access to NYC (40 minutes by car)
-great shops and restaurants
Cons:
-uh...no big girls that I can date, anyway, because I'm always at school? no serious cons, really.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 AM   #23
the hanging belly

the hanging belly has said some nice things

I'm an Aussie
the hanging belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #24
marlowegarp
I wanna meet that dad

marlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
living in Portland, Oregon...studying for a post-grad certification.

I've been here 8 months and will most likely be here for 6 more? Its crazy how time has flown!

I'm originally from the UK, but don't really know if I shall return, continue to study, or get lucky and find employment here in the US?

Portland Pros: Super-beautiful natural landscapes, advanced attitudes towards environmental preservation and social sustainability, warm friendly city and people, similar to a European city in many ways (familiarity can be good)...

Portland Cons: The weather reminds me of home, similar to a European city in many ways (familiarity also makes the adventure less of a new cultural experience)
Yeah. I love living in Portland, as compared with living in western MA. I also simply enjoy it on its own merits. The weather is perfect for me. A lot of what I like is just aimless wandering and it is seldom too bitter out for that but I also like drinking dark beer and watching movies and the cloudy weather suits that well.

In terms of fatty power, I am confused by the statistics. We are supposed to be one of the smaller cities, but I see a fair amount of chub. I mean, we all drink beer and there's tons of vegetarians and vegans who eat tons of carbs, so maybe it is just guts. Which works for me.

Anyway, it can be tough to find an SSBBW friendly date spot at times if you don't want to eat at a chain restaurant. There are tons of great independent movie theaters and restaurants, but they all seem to have ridiculously small seats and accommodations. Small, as in I'm 5'11, 195 and I feel large and awkward. Walking and biking are also super-ingrained in the culture, so the notion that one's lady doesn't want to do those can be looked upon kind of quizzically, but it isn't usually hostile.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #25
JoeFA
Aspiring young genius....

JoeFA can now change their title

I live in England, Kent specifically, near London more specifically

Positive: It's a nice place to live
Negative: There's fuck all to do here!

http://home.datacomm.ch/gertau/image...s/charlieb.gif
JoeFA is offline   Reply With Quote