Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: What geographic region do you currently reside in?
Northeast (US) 124 23.53%
Southeast(US) 69 13.09%
Midwest(US) 77 14.61%
Southwest(US) 28 5.31%
Mountain States(US) 15 2.85%
Pacific States(US) 68 12.90%
Other US Territories 1 0.19%
Outside US 145 27.51%
Voters: 527. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #26
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I live in Southern Ontario, a couple hours from Toronto.

1. What are some of the positives of living in your area?
It's a gay-friendly, interracial dating-friendly area. As for fat... I really haven't had much experience one way or the other, so I'd say it seems neutral, which is better than unfriendly. Also, this area is quite friendly toward the recreational use of marijuana :P

2. What are some of the negatives?
High unemployment rate in my particular area, high rate of hard drug use as well.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #27
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I live in Ottawa, Canada.

Positives: There is a lot here for a city this size (many museums, some good cultural institutions, decent night life, pro hockey team, but the whole urban area is probably something like 1.25 million people), lots of outdoors stuff near the city, quite multicultural and accepting, decent public schools, quite safe, good bike trail/lane network, the core of the city is quite walkable....the place really is a pretty decent spot to live.

Negatives: Some times you really do remember how small a city it is, in that there is only one or two places that sell something, or major musical acts don't bring their tours here, or there just aren't so many options of things to do so that it seems everyone is doing the same things. Not so many fat folk here compared to many other places, and no size acceptance culture that I'm aware of. Excessively white collar town, limiting opportunities for people who aren't into desk jobs. The only bigger place within day trip distance is Montreal, and even flights to almost anywhere go through Montreal or Toronto, making it a bit harder and more expensive to get away from here.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #28
Dism4l
Skewed Perspective

Dism4l can now change their title

Haha wow I feel pretty lonely being the only guy from the mountain states...
Old 04-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #29
Catkin

Catkin can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
Cons:
-quaint village, population 12,000
Woah, 12,000 people is a village? I grew up in a town of 14,000...there were villages near me with only a couple of hundred people living there

Anyway, I'm in England. Newcastle for now.

Pros: It's not where I grew up, but it's home geordies are generally really friendly!
Good (and cheap!) local music scene.
Good (and cheap!) bars / pubs etc...it's such a studenty city!
Really pretty area of the country.

Cons: It takes forever to get back home to see my family. They're way down south.
The wind, oh dear lord the wind! It often comes over from the east...so, Scandinavia. Brr!
Catkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #30
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Catonsville, MD BBW Lover Here!

Pros: The Baltimore metropolitan area has a lot of interesting sports activities and a few interesting museums.

Cons: For a city of its size, Baltimore is a very minor city. There really isn't much to do here and the crime rate is very high.

The BBW scene just doesn't seem to take hold in Baltimore. To find BBW groups, you have to go to the DC area. Even there, the BBW scene is miniscule.

I need to go back and contradict what a previous MD area poster said. Interracial dating does take place in MD, but it is not as widespread as it is in larger states. Baltimore is still socially segregated, but it is possible to meet people of other cultures in the DC metropolitan area.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #31
kittencat
omnomnomnom

kittencat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeskittencat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Bay Area California!

Bonuses to living here are what msot people consider pretty good weather.There is always something to do here,and San Francisco is pretty Rad in my book.I lived here my whole life so i know alot of people.

negatives-Dating here proves to be more difficult than in all the other places i have lived.Which is alot.And people here are very clicky and stay in their groups.
kittencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #32
CCC

CCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catkin View Post
Woah, 12,000 people is a village?
Ha ha...
I was born in LA, so yeah!

And there's essentially no interaction between the townies and the students here in Hanover, so the population shrinks down to 4000, from the perspective of most students. We also rarely leave campus (to say, go to the residential area of town).
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #33
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Cutters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
Ha ha...
I was born in LA, so yeah!

And there's essentially no interaction between the townies and the students here in Hanover, so the population shrinks down to 4000, from the perspective of most students. We also rarely leave campus (to say, go to the residential area of town).
Sounds like a twilight zone moment and you are reliving that great movie classic Breaking Away.
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #34
CCC

CCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Sounds like a twilight zone moment and you are reliving that great movie classic Breaking Away.
Great movie indeed. I don't think the animosity is that high, but I've definitely seen some Dennis Quaid's "Mike"-types lurking around.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #35
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

you know I am making a list of this thread!!!

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #36
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackghost75 View Post
I live in Maryland which is a southern state since it's below the Mason and Dixon Line.
I've always contended the Mason Dixon line runs along Market Street in Philadelphia because south of that the diners serve grits with eggs.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #37
mrwondercake

mrwondercake can now change their title

This poll brings up a question I've often wondered. Do you think there is a relationship between location / FA attitude? Meaning, do certain parts of the United States foster and cultivate an FA more positively then others?

For example, a location known for it's bigger residents such as Mississippi, an FA would have a far better time being an FA, where as a place known for its lean customers like Colorado, an FA would have a diffacult time explaining his tastes to others.

It seems like pretty simple Math, but I'm curious if this situation is as basic as it sounds. Also, I wonder if anyone has actually made a migration to another state based on FA preferences.
mrwondercake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #38
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwondercake View Post
This poll brings up a question I've often wondered. Do you think there is a relationship between location / FA attitude? Meaning, do certain parts of the United States foster and cultivate an FA more positively then others?

For example, a location known for it's bigger residents such as Mississippi, an FA would have a far better time being an FA, where as a place known for its lean customers like Colorado, an FA would have a diffacult time explaining his tastes to others.

It seems like pretty simple Math, but I'm curious if this situation is as basic as it sounds. Also, I wonder if anyone has actually made a migration to another state based on FA preferences.
I think having more big people around could affect number and attitude of FA in a number of ways. Maybe more people would realize they preferred bigger partners....or maybe less would, because they think they just happened to fall in love with someone who happened to be big.....or maybe they think it is normal enough that they never really pay attention to it.

Certainly when you consider it, something like coming online to look for a community supporting big people is a kind of odd thing to do, and maybe most likely to happen in places where big people are either most rare or most shunned.

In short, while there could be a link, I doubt it is a totally simple one.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #39
Rahero2k3

Rahero2k3 has said some nice things

Hartford Connecticut
Rahero2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #40
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm in England... Born and raised.

Last edited by Adamantoise; 04-15-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #41
Bafta1

Bafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging in

Ummm, far away from anyone and everything it seems...

Pros: it's beautiful here! I live in the Middle East. In one instant I can walk through a thousand worlds; I live in the centre of history; I wake up every day with the sun streaming through my window.

Cons: I live in a war zone that is probably the thinnest place on earth. (Actually, rephrase that: I live in the thinnest place on earth, which is also a war zone).
Bafta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #42
MamaLisa
Mama Is Extraloveable!

MamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized rep

Australia is a drag.. not many FA's at all.. extremely pretentious society.. racist.. prejudice.. and bias..

cant wait to get to the states in october!!! WOOPWOOP!

Mama Lisa... Not your Average Fat chick! :cool: :D

Its not that i believe in love.. but that love believes in me :wubu:

FA's ! :batting: :eat2: :smitten:
MamaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #43
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Oh yeah...representin' Orange County, California. Hehe...hi everyone.

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #44
viracocha
Hot like sauce

viracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism4l View Post
Haha wow I feel pretty lonely being the only guy from the mountain states...
Consider yourself no longer lonely! Hi from an hour away!
viracocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #45
Dism4l
Skewed Perspective

Dism4l can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by viracocha View Post
Consider yourself no longer lonely! Hi from an hour away!
*Jumps and thrashes arms wildly*
Woohoo! Hello to you too
Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #46
wrench13
Pirate music for sail

Location: In New York City, formerly the big Apple, now the Big Target
wrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going on

The only city with two names, twice.

New York, New York.

The Big Target.

Looks like the FAs are up here in the Northeast , ladies!
wrench13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #47
pjbbwlvr

pjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized rep

Central New Jersey, Exit 9 on the TurnPike.
Big Beautiful Women please come to Central New Jersey
we need all of you to beautify our state!!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #48
Tracy
Fat & Sassy

Tracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm thinking I need to move to the Northeast. In my little part of the Southeast if there are any FA's I haven't encountered them and the people here are raciest IMO!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #49
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Mountain State Region
Las Vegas Nevada, home of buffets and perpetual heat.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #50
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

although i am not a FA or FAA i am a BBW,.. so I live in Arizona,.. There are no FA's here at all! Maybe thats why my hubby moved me here?!?!

:::::::SIGHHHHHH::::::::

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote