Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
emjaybbw

emjaybbw has said some nice things
Default When am i a BBW or a SBBW?

When are you considered to be a BBW and when are you a SBBW or SSBBW?

I am 5ft 7 (1.68m) and weigh 150 kilograms, pounds probably 300 or something

I gained a lot the last few months..but healthwise it is starting to bother me..so i need to loose some.Don't feel like it..but i have to because my body is objecting it (my back and knees). So its time..because i am not feeling so good now.

But i was just wondering if i can still call myself a BBW or that i have been promoted to the SBBW status :-)

Just wanted to make sure i make a correct statement in my diary ;-)..

Can you tell me?

Thank you
emjaybbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There have been numerous debates on this topic - but I think almost no one would argue that 295 is SSBBW status. I think 350 would be about as low as I'd go in considering someone an SSBBW.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
emjaybbw

So i am still a BBW???..hmm..when i look at my body i feel really huge now..so i thought i would have been a SBBW by now..SSBBW i know i am not and will never get there. To be that big in the Netherlands would also harm me professionally unfortunately..
Old 04-14-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You can call yourself whatever you like. Why let someone else define you? If you poke around the archives, you'll find plenty of threads in which posters attempt to define 'BBW' or 'SSBBW' -- and fail. Like beauty, BBWosity is in the eye of the beholder. Bottom line: who you are is up to you; feel free to color outside the lines.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"Really huge" is all relative. lol. Maybe in the Netherlands you'd easily be one, but on Dims, we have more than a few who are over 500 pounds (myself included). 295 seems tiny to me. So yeah...it's all relative.

Dr. Feelgood, you're taking all the fun out of this.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
emjaybbw

Thats right..no one tells me what i am or not, who i can be or not, how much i may weigh or not. I define myself and nobody else..

I was just looking for what the general 'rule' was..I thought there was one..but obviously there is not.

Like a 50 year old woman, may feel like a girl, act like one or call herself a girl..but she is not a girl..she is a mature woman. :-)..i was thinking in those same lines i guess..
Old 04-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sorry to hear about the health problems. I hope you feel better soon. Unfortunately Europe is so much more fat-unfriendly than the US.

Like the others have said, there is no need to define yourself but from what I have seen here, the cut-off seems to be around 350 or so for someone of average height (say, 5'4") so at 330lbs you are probably on the large end of BBW.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
emjaybbw

Ah BBM..yeah in that case i can see where you are coming from ;-) haha.

I was just wondering that's all. I will just list my "selfproclaimed SBBW status" ;-) in my diary then, because it will be decreasing soon..

Thank you..
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #9
emjaybbw

Thank you Cors for your kind words..

Yes..i wish it was different. But sometimes i can hardly stand 5 minutes to wash dishes..my lower back is killing me..and my ankles.

I wish i did not have that..because it feels so not sexy..I doesnt make me feel like the sexy woman i know i am. Lovers dont want me to loose my weight..but hey..its my body and my health..

I will still be a big girl..just need to take the edge off..so i can breath again.

I envy the big girls who still can be very active, be sexy and huge..
Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #10
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Nutrition

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaybbw View Post
When are you considered to be a BBW and when are you a SBBW or SSBBW?

I am 5ft 7 (1.68m) and weigh 150 kilograms, pounds probably 300 or something

I gained a lot the last few months..but healthwise it is starting to bother me..so i need to loose some.Don't feel like it..but i have to because my body is objecting it (my back and knees). So its time..because i am not feeling so good now.

But i was just wondering if i can still call myself a BBW or that i have been promoted to the SBBW status :-)

Just wanted to make sure i make a correct statement in my diary ;-)..

Can you tell me?

Thank you
Regardless of your BBW/SSBBW status and whether you lose
weight or not, please watch your nutrition. An obese person can
need vitamin or mineral supplements. I'm a 53 year old diabetic,
1.73m tall, 203kg guy who needs vitamin B-12, magnesium, and
potassium supplements. A good blood test can show which, if any
supplements you need. Increasing protein in your diet could help
your knees.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up Threshold Bar Raise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
There have been numerous debates on this topic - but I think almost no one would argue that 295 is SSBBW status. I think 350 would be about as low as I'd go in considering someone an SSBBW.
Wow back around 2000 I officially pronounced The Threshold as 320 for average height, but you are absolutely correct, lovely BBMe, in raising the bar given the demographic surge in the interim. My interim is surging just thinking about it. I think that this Dutch lady should try Yoga. My knees were not working right a year-&-a-half ago and now they're good again.
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag View Post
Wow back around 2000 I officially pronounced The Threshold as 320 for average height, but you are absolutely correct, lovely BBMe, in raising the bar given the demographic surge in the interim. My interim is surging just thinking about it. I think that this Dutch lady should try Yoga. My knees were not working right a year-&-a-half ago and now they're good again.
Ned ....

You never fail to amuse.

P.S...... Should I be referring to you by your royal title, or can we be informal here?
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
But sometimes i can hardly stand 5 minutes to wash dishes..I
So why wash dishes? If you look like your avatar, guys will be fighting for the privilege.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

bbwforumbbwforumbbwforum
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #15
BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging in
Smile

I found this on Wikipedia so take it for what it's worth.Another variant is SSBBW; Super-Size Big Beautiful Woman, which refers to women who are above a US dress size 26.
Maybe it's more clothing size,than weight? IDK!
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:02 AM   #16
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
So i am still a BBW???..hmm..when i look at my body i feel really huge now..so i thought i would have been a SBBW by now.
I have no idea what an SBBW is, I've only ever heard the terms BBW or SSBBW and given the confusion I'm not sure yet another sub-division is going to be helpful here... Lol

Quote:
SSBBW i know i am not and will never get there.
I dont mean this unkindly, but I bet quite a few of my fellow SSBBW sisters are reading that comment of yours with the same wry smile that I am...

Tracey xx
BeaBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #17
emjaybbw

haha Tracey...

As you have read obviously..i will never get there because my current state is bothering me physically already and i feel like now is the time to really loose the weight to a state i feel more comfortable in. NOT because i think the ssbbw status or my non existent sbbw status is not beautiful. If you read me correctly..you could have guessed that i am actually proud that i got as far as i could...hence me wanting to know what i 'can call myself now'..and i am not even 350 as people mentioned here

I cant do anything with negative projections. So i will leave that comment to every one elses interpretation.

by the way..you look beautiful ;-)
Old 04-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #18
emjaybbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
So why wash dishes? If you look like your avatar, guys will be fighting for the privilege.
hahaha..yes its me...and no they are not..unless its about sex ofcourse ...

Maybe its good to have them wash up first and then have sex..

Good sex for a good washing up-session hahaha..sounds like an equal balance to me ;-)..NOT haha !!!!

A good guy is hard to find in my world unfortunately
Old 04-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #19
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
haha Tracey...

As you have read obviously..i will never get there because my current state is bothering me physically already and i feel like now is the time to really loose the weight to a state i feel more comfortable in.
I'm all for people doing whatever they feel they have to do to take care of their health so I'm not judging even if I dont think this is the right place to talk about your weight loss attempts.
In the meantime though, and while wishing you well and good health and happiness at whatever size you are, I suspect the wry smile will remain.

Tracey
BeaBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #20
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, I've been through this debate a time or two. I'm on the peek of what I think most people consider BBW to SSBBW curve. A couple pounds either way and my title changes lol. Personally, I consider myself an SSBBW for several reasons. One: Outside of Dims I'm the biggest person I know. Two: I'm short. 5'3" at 350 lbs is different from 5'7" and 350...In my opinion, anyway. Three: I'm more on the plus side of the curve then I am on the minus. Four: I don't know if this makes sense but even though I might look smaller but I carry a lot of weight. Five: Overall, the title "BBW" is less suited to me than the title "SSBBW."

I wasn't a member of this community when I first started referring to myself as an "SS." When I discovered SSBBW-dom it fit much better than BBW-dom for which I was always too big...and told so. Then I discover Dims and am often told I'm too small for the SSBBW label. I find that frustrating. The term "midsize BBW" has been tossed around but as I am not a van or a family sedan I choose not to label myself thus. I'm an SSBBW (damnit *stomps foot*) until I'm not.

So, bottomline...I agree with the Dr. Call yourself whatever serves you best. I do.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:33 AM   #21
emjaybbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaBea View Post
I suspect the wry smile will remain.

Tracey
if it makes you feel good...it should

..and weight gain, weight loss, love, lack of, being happy..whatever...i am talking about myself and that what concerns me so it entitles me to talk about whatever topic i choose..even if that is weight loss. But it was not about that..it was about 'the definition' of my current size..

And yes like other posters mentioned...i am the one who decides how i define myself..:-)
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
JoeFA
Aspiring young genius....

JoeFA can now change their title

According to wikipedia (the most unreliable online source of information ever), you have to wear a US dress size of 26 or above to be considered an SSBBW, though that clearly doesn't donate the weight you have to be at, something which i can't even guess but i'm sure some of the women here will know?

http://home.datacomm.ch/gertau/image...s/charlieb.gif
JoeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #23
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

emjay, I think you're misinterpreting Tracey.

I think what she's alluding to is that every one of us (well, at least the vast majority) have said and felt exactly how you're feeling right now...and ended up this size anyway. I hate having to spell it out like that (I hope Tracey's not offended) but it's true. I vowed I would never get to 300, because I was just starting to see life was more physically difficult...and then it was, well, I'll never be 350... 400 was unthinkable...500 was UNFATHOMABLE, and something I never, EVER thought I'd see... and yet, here I am.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #24
AJ!
Part man. Part fruit.

AJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
I vowed I would never get to 300, because I was just starting to see life was more physically difficult...and then it was, well, I'll never be 350... 400 was unthinkable...500 was UNFATHOMABLE, and something I never, EVER thought I'd see... and yet, here I am.
I know I wasn't supposed to enjoy that... and yet, here I am.

AJ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #25
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bbwforumbbwforumbbwforum
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote