Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The WLS Controversy

Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
craigisnutter

craigisnutter can now change their title
Default Had a Gastric Sleeve 11/4/09 or 4/11/09 for you yanks :P

Ello people,

Just thought i'd make a post, that i can hopefully update regularly with my experiences of and after my surgery for however long.

First of all, let me explain the proceedure for anyone that may not know. It's my understanding that it is the proceedure that used to be called a Stomach Staple. Basically, an incision is made in the Osophogous and in the Intestine. The surgeon inserts a small plastic tube through the insitions, running through the stomach. The Stomach is then pulled up against the tube and cut to roughly the width of the tube. The excess stomach, which is usually between 85/90% is then removed. Everything is stitched up and the plastic tube is removed, leaving behind a 'Sleeve' of Stomach.

I was originally given the date of 27/4/09 for my Gastric Sleeve. But after a phone call from the hospital, telling me my Surgeon would be in europe at a conference and would not be able to get a flight back in time, it was brought forward to the 11th. I was told to arrive at 7AM and receive a letter about this and my pre-admission appointment a week or so before.

I did receive a letter saying i had a pre-admission appointment on the 6th, but nothing about the surgery. I went along on the 6th, after having been told to do Slim Fast for a month or so before surgery, to lose some weight and reduce the size of the Liver. I was weighed and blood tests were done etc. I'd lost 12lbs in the 3 weeks leading to this appointment, which was nice.

I still received no letter and was told to just arrive, as it was on the system. I arrived at 7AM and waited where i was told to wait. But being the Easter weekend, staff were off all over the place and the section i was supposed to report to was closed. So i sat and waited. Eventually a guy arrived with a clipboard and told me that the lack of staff meant this department was closed, but i was to go straight to a ward. They had no beds at the moment, but if i wait there, they'll be 1, by the time i get back from surgery. I sat and waited. My surgeon came in and introduced himself, my anaethetist came and introduced himself and soon enough, i was WALKED!!! down to the operating theatre. lol When i got there, i put the usual gown on, best i could anyway and walked into the theatre, climbed on the table and prepared myself. I don't remember anything after that really. I must have been gassed, but have no recollection.

The next thing i remember, is awaking in my ward bed. Now, the strangest thing was happening. I felt no pain, in the slightest. I felt a little ache in my stomach, but no pain, not even in the 6 Keyhole stitchings i had. Soon enough the nurses arrived and i was pumped full of painkillers and drips and I.Vs and whatnot. Within 10 hours of being out of surgery i was up and walking to the toilet, very easily to be honest.

Once a day the Nurses would give me an injection for sickness, which to be honest, i didn't have much of, 2 disovable Co-Codemol for the pain, which i didn't have much of and every time it ran out, give me a new bag of fluid. Now and again, to bring a temperature down (which i only had cos the ward was like an oven), they'd give me a Paracetamol drip too.

At one point my surgeon popped up to tell me that he had intended to remove 75% on my stomach, but when he was in there, found it alot easier than he expected, so removed alot more. So i'm assuming i hit the 85% bracket.

The day after, i was started on a liquid diet. Drinking water and eating Clear Soup. But soo after i was having jelly and ice cream too.

Ye, so that's whats happened. I'm home now and feeling fantastic. I'm sure i've lost weight already. I've got to carry on the liquid diet for 2-4 weeks, then for 2 weeks after that i can eat mush/baby food consistency. Then for 2 weeks after that i can have finely chopped up and mashed food and then finally solids.

So at the moment, i'm drinking half glasses of milk, eating loads of soup, water, diluted fruit juices and yoghurts.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions, so if you got any, ask away!!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm glad the surgery went so well for you... best wishes for continued improvements in your health and happiness .

You might want to temper your enthusiasm and happiness while posting here about your WLS. It sounds funny to say "don't be so happy", but the plain, unfortunate (to me, anyway) truth is that positive posts about WLS will get shut down.
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
craigisnutter

craigisnutter can now change their title

Well, that's the reason i put it here in the WLS section, because, i assume this section is an unblinkered, unbiased view at WLS.

If i'm wrong and i do get some crap for this, then that's quite appauling.

We shall see.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigisnutter View Post
i assume this section is an unblinkered, unbiased view at WLS.
Oh, no - it's a completely biased view here. A number of people - the owner among them - are vehemently against WLS, so virtually all positive/supportive/good news posts are against the rules. The only problem is, those rules aren't written down anywhere, so I thought I'd just head you off at the pass and save you some grief.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just a thought about this: Is there a link to other wls support sites anywhere here, so that people can get unbiased support if they need it?. If not, maby that would be a good idea. Oh and craig, i'm glad Your surgery went well and i hope you have a speedy recovery.
xx
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Just a thought about this: Is there a link to other wls support sites anywhere here, so that people can get unbiased support if they need it?. If not, maby that would be a good idea. Oh and craig, i'm glad Your surgery went well and i hope you have a speedy recovery.
xx
It'd be nice if there were such links (the random WLS sites I've been to were ridiculously thin-centric)... but I won't hold my breath waiting for them to show up on Dim.

There just isn't a place where you can be positive about fat AND positive about WLS. Here we demonize one, out there they demonize the other.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

As stated on the front door, the WLS Controvery forum is for discussing the WLS controversy, not cheerleading for the procedure. Dimensions is formally and irrevocably opposed to the procedure because of the risks and actual consequences.

The primary purpose of this forum is to provide a place for community members to discuss the subject with endorsing or promoting it - thereby keeping the subject off of other boards and preventing flame wars.

As others have noted many times this limited role definition creates an unfulfilled gap inasmuch as pro-WLS sites are (as far as we know) all anti-fat and essentially supported by the bariatric industry. It has been agreed that we would furnish a link to a suitable pro-fat WLS discussion site if such a one were to surface. Unfortunately no such proposed site has to date emerged, although there have been discussions.

O
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
fffff

fffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging in

I would like to wish you a quick recovery and longterm success.
fffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
zsa

zsa can now change their title
Default Way To Go

Often times it takes drastic measures to control a food addiction. Unlike a herion addict, food is required for life. SO KUDO's to you for doing what you require to be healthy.

GODSPEED your recovery and I welcome the information on your continued success.
zsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Craig- Here's to you being Happy and Healthy

I truly hope you don't get sh*t for putting this up- As far as I knew the site was for the discussion of Fat Topics- there are plenty of people on this site who like being fat, and plenty who don't. Simple as that.

Best of luck to you
Old 04-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #11
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Craig good luck with your recovery, sounds like all went well. You should be happy and dont let anyone rain on your success. Not everyone who has wls dies or has some major trama happen to them. Also we dont all gain the weight back which is one comon thing people say here all of the time. I am 3 years out and am still loosing so it can be done. You wont ever get a pat on the back here for your weight loss but remember you did it for you and you dont need any validation from anyone. Be happy because nothing will taste as good as your new lease on life will feel.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 AM   #12
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Good luck on your journey.

Have a few questions for you.

Did you private pay or go through NHS? I'm going through NHS and it seems to be taking for freaking ever.

How? I mean how did you only meet your surgeon a few minutes before your op???? I don't think that's normal, but I'm glad you felt comfortable with that.

Are you sticking with the sleeve or are you moving on to a DS? I plan on having a 2 stage DS and the first part of that is a sleeve.

And lastly, you had WLS to lose weight, so why in the first week are you eating ice cream? WLS is only a tool and you should use the "honeymoon period" to your full advantage. You can have treats now and then, but damn, seems kinda like self sabatoge! And this is coming from a complete food addict who loves Ben and Jerrys.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:16 AM   #13
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad it went so smoothly (issues of Easter weekend notwithstanding...) Best of luck to you, and be sure to follow your doctor's recommendations for food, even if you "fee better"; as you get further out it can be easy to start being naughty and you can really hurt yourself.

Take care of yourself, and again, best of luck to you.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #14
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Congratulations...I wish you the best. WLS can be a great tool and it can change your life. It absolutely is not the right choice for everyone, but it was for me. I had gastric bypass 9 years ago...no complications and I never gained any weight back. You made the best choice for you and really, that's all that matters

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post

The primary purpose of this forum is to provide a place for community members to discuss the subject with endorsing or promoting it - thereby keeping the subject off of other boards and preventing flame wars.
I dont get what this means. Like discussing the controversy of endorsement and promotion?
I dont see the point. If people cant discuss weight loss surgery properly then why have this board at all? People talk about wls loosely on other forums. I think this feels more like a 'lets hide this all away' kinna thing. Wls is a Fat issue for many people.. lots dont 'agree' with it but many dont agree with other 'fat related topics'. While it has been said that wls has ended in loss of life and complications, might this not have happened in any case? What of all the people who have had the surgery and have had no complications and it has improved the quality of their lives. If they talk about their experiences they are seen as 'wls cheerleaders'???!! It seems very one sided. I just hope there can be a link provided soon to a good wls support site soon.. because some of the members here are about to undergo wls and are afraid.. and they have no-one here to reasure them. I find that really sad.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

We've done this already. It is one sided - conrad's side. It's been challenged, discussed and fought over with no change. That's really all there is to it.

I don't expect that a pro-fat WLS site will materialize, so we're on our own.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY View Post
We've done this already. It is one sided - conrad's side. It's been challenged, discussed and fought over with no change. That's really all there is to it.

hmm.. I find that sad. I guess the only way would be to start a PM mailing list of people who have had surgery and people who are considering it. Or would that be against the rules too? The rules for this forum are a bit patchy so i'm not sure.. like when Donni's thread got too much interest and was closed and then re-opened..There were no actual rule violations.. so in guess its just at mod discression really?

Last edited by Tina; 04-19-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: At poster's request.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #18
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf View Post
There is no mod assigned to this forum. If you have questions or concerns, they go straight to Conrad.
Erm.. why was my post gone and then it came back again???
Donni, yr msg quota is full so when i wrote to explain this you coundn't get my msg.
Its weird that there is no mod assigned to this forum but it seems to be the most censored, as far as what you can say is concerned.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #19
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

There are literally hundreds of pro-WLS sites out there, Samantha - they're owned and operated by bariatric surgeons and weight loss centers. Plus many people wo are still in the'Honeymoon" phase of their post-op lives have pro-WLS blogs.

This board is one of the few places where the other side of WLS is discused.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus View Post
There are literally hundreds of pro-WLS sites out there, Samantha - they're owned and operated by bariatric surgeons and weight loss centers. Plus many people wo are still in the'Honeymoon" phase of their post-op lives have pro-WLS blogs.

Yes - there are hundreds of pro-WLS sites - but none of them (that I'm aware of) are also pro-fat. That's a problem for most of us who appreciate Dim, but also see merit to WLS. On the majority of pro-WLS sites, fat is the enemy. Fat is evil, and fat is disgusting to those people. I don't agree with that view, so those sites are not for me, or anyone who feels as I do.

I really wish people would stop giving the canned response that there are "other places you can go to for WLS support". There AREN'T. There is no place where 250 pounds will be seen as a WLS success. There is no place where thin and skinny are *not* the goal of people seeking WLS. There is no place to get together with bunches of other fat people who think fat is beautiful and can be healthy, but who realize that WLS is a health intervention they might need. And yes - we tried to use Dim as that place, and it didn't work. I GET that. I was the one trying to stop that convo from starting up yet *again*, by saying it's be done already.

Just for the record, I'm not against the discussing the bad aspects of WLS. I think it's extremely valuable, and I'm actually glad that aspect is here. What I object to is it being the *only* side being presented.

I also realize that my objection means absolutely diddly-squat.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #21
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Yes - there are hundreds of pro-WLS sites - but none of them (that I'm aware of) are also pro-fat. That's a problem for most of us who appreciate Dim, but also see merit to WLS. On the majority of pro-WLS sites, fat is the enemy. Fat is evil, and fat is disgusting to those people. I don't agree with that view, so those sites are not for me, or anyone who feels as I do.

I really wish people would stop giving the canned response that there are "other places you can go to for WLS support". There AREN'T. There is no place where 250 pounds will be seen as a WLS success. There is no place where thin and skinny are *not* the goal of people seeking WLS. There is no place to get together with bunches of other fat people who think fat is beautiful and can be healthy, but who realize that WLS is a health intervention they might need. And yes - we tried to use Dim as that place, and it didn't work. I GET that. I was the one trying to stop that convo from starting up yet *again*, by saying it's be done already.

Just for the record, I'm not against the discussing the bad aspects of WLS. I think it's extremely valuable, and I'm actually glad that aspect is here. What I object to is it being the *only* side being presented.

I also realize that my objection means absolutely diddly-squat.
Yup. Plus, Wayne absolutely makes the point when he says the sites are owned by bariatric surgeons. BINGO! That alone makes them suspect, doesn't it?

But yes, you're right. Our objection means nothing. Which is why I've exerted so pitifully minimal energy to the WLS board here. Why bother?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #22
fffff

fffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of hearing about how many other weight loss sites are out there, because the reality is that they're horrible, superficial, places where everyone's goal is to look "hot" in a bikini.
There's no place on the web where you can talk about wls - or just weight loss- without crazy diet fads and intense self-loathing. A lot of people just want to have more energy and feel better after a long day. I will never be convinced that that runs contrary to any aspect of size acceptance besides fa masturbation.
fffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #23
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus View Post

But that's where this board fails.

Really what's being discussed here is both sides of the same ugly coin.

On the WLS sites you have people praising the surgery and viewing it through rose colored glasses. If you're fat then you must be gross, lazy and just hate life and yourself. The whole goal is to look hot and get a husband/wife.

Here if you want to have WLS you must have your head up your ass because how else could you not see it for the barbaric procedure that it is. It can't possibly help anyone live a healthier life.

Its sad because this board really could be a great thing, a place where a fat person can come and discuss their curiousity, fears, and even ask those very important questions that anyone considering WLS should be asking themselves and others. Just think of how many people get WLS thinking that everything's gonna come out smelling like roses because that's all they heard on the pro-WLS sites. But here, where people have openly shared their experiences they get to learn that sometimes you get the manure too...

I just think a board here that allowed open and honest discussions about WLS would do far more for the fat community than what this board does currently.

I get that its not gonna happen. Just saying I wished it would.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #24
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

I really don't want to get into this argument because -- well most of you know why. However, if you want a size friendly WLS board why not create your own? This argument has been had over and over and Conrad has explained his position over and over, nothing is going to change here. Well, except if you push Conrad he might ban sone or take the board down.

Dimensions is not WLS friendly, why does anything else need to be said??
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #25
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie_Zitkus View Post
I really don't want to get into this argument because -- well most of you know why. However, if you want a size friendly WLS board why not create your own? This argument has been had over and over and Conrad has explained his position over and over, nothing is going to change here. Well, except if you push Conrad he might ban sone or take the board down.

Dimensions is not WLS friendly, why does anything else need to be said??

If Conrad, or any moderator, wants to ban me for RESPECTFULLY offering my opinion on a DISCUSSION board then they can go right ahead. I don't really think anyone believes that anything is going to change, but it doesn't stop them from wishing for it.

Part of me wishes that the board would be taken down, because in my opinion it does a disservice (sp?) to the people here who might be looking for information or support. Its kinda sad, because I just bet you that there are people here who have had WLS that had to go to those pro-wls sites to ask questions who might not have had the surgery after all if they'd been able to have frank discussions with people willing to tell the good, bad and ugly.