Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 04-24-2009, 05:43 AM   #26
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Josalynn complimented my looks a while back. Says I look more handsome with a fuller face than when we had first met. This has been a while, though. I compliment her looks all the time whether she takes them or not.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 AM   #27
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus_dxb View Post
I've gotten the occasional "you carry yourself so well at your size" I don't think that's particularly nice- How about "you carry yourself so well."?
Ouch, that's a bit of a consolation prize, isn't it?

I never comment on people's weight. I must admit don't really notice it either. (That is: I do know when people are like really big, but there's a whole section in the middle, average sized if you will, where other people will say "she's quite large" and I'd be like "Yeah? I don't see it.")

but the reason I don't, is that you never know how people feel about their weight/size, plus if you're going to give a compliment, why make it so specific? If you like the way someone looks with a bit of weight on, why not say "you look great" instead of "you look great now you're bigger"?

My friend's mother gets really awkward around bigger people, but tries very hard not to bring the issue up, so I (25 year old hairy guy) have gotten compliments on my face and skin from her. She did the same thing with my girlfriend, who's a bit sensitive about her weight and of course saw straight through the veiled comment, but when I explained she said the same thing to me, she could see the humor in it.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #28
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus_dxb View Post
I've gotten the occasional "you carry yourself so well at your size" I don't think that's particularly nice- How about "you carry yourself so well."?
AGreed my friend,... ""you weigh how much? wow u must carry it well""

Umm yeah

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #29
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I say fat related stuff as a compliment all the time, its only the truth. If they're hot, they're hot.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #30
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
I was at a wedding last weekend and my friend that i hadn't seen for a while said "you look georgous with that bit of extra weight on you". I totally took this as a compliment of course! I began to wonder if maby i took this as a compliment because i am an Fa and that other women might not have. You hear people trying to compliment people all the time by asking them if they have lost weight. Has anyone been complimented (by a non Fa) by anything to do with fat/weight/curves.
hmm.. should this be on the 'weight board'? I'm not turned on..promise!
No matter what anyone says to you, take it as a compliment.
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:44 AM   #31
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
No matter what anyone says to you, take it as a compliment.
hmm great advice!
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #32
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
I almost always get complimented on weight gain by non-FAs, though I don't like ANY weight-related comment at all. I am underweight though, if that makes a difference.
I think being complemented as fat can be taken two different ways.

If it's not an FA complementing you for being fat, then I would take it as an insult. I would think they were making fun of me, and I'd be really upset.

But if that person is a proclaimed FA, then I think it would be great.

I think the best way to even utilize this complement has to be said: I think it's only acceptable if you are an FA or FFA praising your own (like bf/gf) BBW or BHM.

Love, Emily
1love_emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:02 AM   #33
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love_emily View Post
I think being complemented as fat can be taken two different ways.

If it's not an FA complementing you for being fat, then I would take it as an insult. I would think they were making fun of me, and I'd be really upset.

But if that person is a proclaimed FA, then I think it would be great.

I think the best way to even utilize this complement has to be said: I think it's only acceptable if you are an FA or FFA praising your own (like bf/gf) BBW or BHM.
That's not really a good way to judge someone though.

If it wasn't for me being on Dims you'd have no idea I was an F/A if you saw me on the street. With that said, if I came up to you on the street and said you were a gorgeous bbw....you're saying you'd take it as an insult? My point is, maybe non-proclaimed guys ARE f/a's that you just need to give a chance to.

Then again, I will say some verbage that's used shouldn't be used when first introducing yourself so I can see why you'd be offended in some cases. I've been to enough dances to see just how tactless some f/a's are.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #34
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Re: Fat as a compliment?

I have complimented many BBWs and SSBBWs that they look better then the last time I saw them. Or, something that infers that I recognized they have gained weight -are larger and, that I find them more attractive.
Then again, it doesn't take long for any woman who knows me to figure out I love BBWs!
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #35
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

As someone else has already mentioned, how I take it depends on whether the complimenter is an FA or not (or a fellow fatty). I can take compliments about size and fatness from FAs and other fat people because, to me, they just understand it and do appreciate its asthetic value. But coming from someone in my ordinary life who isn't just feels like an insult. I've had the similiar veiled comments as some people here, about how that outfit really compliments (hides) my figure, my 'pretty face', my dress sense (knows she's fat and doesn't try to dress like a skinny), and how I carry myself (don't waddled too much). I shouldn't be mad at these people because I know they're trying to be nice about something they're deeply uncomfortable with, but I do feel like snapping 'don't talk about what you don't understand' sometimes. I know those are all generalisations and big judgements, but I just get so many back-handed compliments from well-wishers, however unintentional.

Nothing irks me more though than 'oh Amy don't be silly, you're not fat!' followed by a poorly hidden wince from them. Yes, I'm sure the lie was hard to tell, but at least she fell for it.
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #36
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
That's not really a good way to judge someone though.

If it wasn't for me being on Dims you'd have no idea I was an F/A if you saw me on the street. With that said, if I came up to you on the street and said you were a gorgeous bbw....you're saying you'd take it as an insult? My point is, maybe non-proclaimed guys ARE f/a's that you just need to give a chance to.

Then again, I will say some verbage that's used shouldn't be used when first introducing yourself so I can see why you'd be offended in some cases. I've been to enough dances to see just how tactless some f/a's are.

Why not just call her a gorgeous woman? Why the need to point out her size? If you were attracted to thin women (no idea if you are or not) would you walk up to her and tell her she was a gorgeous thin woman?

I think that's what lots of ladies take issue with, the fact that our size is pointed out to us so often. Between people who find fat women gross and men who feel the need to proclaim their love of fat, we never get to just be people. We're always that fat girl in one way, shape, or form. It gets tiring...
Old 01-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #37
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
Why not just call her a gorgeous woman? Why the need to point out her size? If you were attracted to thin women (no idea if you are or not) would you walk up to her and tell her she was a gorgeous thin woman?

I think that's what lots of ladies take issue with, the fact that our size is pointed out to us so often. Between people who find fat women gross and men who feel the need to proclaim their love of fat, we never get to just be people. We're always that fat girl in one way, shape, or form. It gets tiring...

very well said repped!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:41 AM   #38
bigjayne66
Belly Queen

bigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot pics

I would love to be complemented on my size and be told I look gorgeous,sadly,here in the UK it just doesn't seem to happen,it's all sniggers and insults when a 400 plus lb woman is waddling past
bigjayne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #39
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:

I am attracted to thin women. I've dated one as recent as 2 years ago and in fact, if I was single right now I'd have no problem asking her out. She's a better dating option than a lot of fat women I know and it has absolutely nothing to do with looks.

As it is, I'm in love with a really sweet, double gorgeous woman who's better than most everyone I've ever met. She has all the looks, all the personality, none of the drama. I call her every compliment I can think of and even make up words just to compliment her with.

And yes, I call her a variety of size related names. She loves it because she knows I find her absolutely gorgeous. She told me herself she gets off on me getting off on her. If she (or anyone) had a problem with it, obviously I wouldn't say that kind of stuff.

Being called a supersized sexy goddess maybe something you don't want, but there are others who love it.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #40
Mysti Mountains
SSBBW Goddess

Mysti Mountains does more than just post hot picsMysti Mountains does more than just post hot picsMysti Mountains does more than just post hot pics

I generally don't notice the looks I get and the things people say, but after spending a day with an online friend, he asked me if I ALWAYS get that kind of attention...I had no clue what he was talking about...He told me to pay attention when I walked into the gas station to get gas...sure enough, at least three guys made appreciative comments...not directly to me, but definately about me...Of course I was dressed in something a little revealing that day...
Mysti Mountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #41
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

You're in a relationship with her, that's different. There's all kinds of things someone in a relationship can call me that I don't want to hear coming out of a complete strangers mouth. I'll have to read the original post again because that's what I thought they were talking about. Compliments from people you aren't intimately involved with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I am attracted to thin women. I've dated one as recent as 2 years ago and in fact, if I was single right now I'd have no problem asking her out. She's a better dating option than a lot of fat women I know and it has absolutely nothing to do with looks.

As it is, I'm in love with a really sweet, double gorgeous woman who's better than most everyone I've ever met. She has all the looks, all the personality, none of the drama. I call her every compliment I can think of and even make up words just to compliment her with.

And yes, I call her a variety of size related names. She loves it because she knows I find her absolutely gorgeous. She told me herself she gets off on me getting off on her. If she (or anyone) had a problem with it, obviously I wouldn't say that kind of stuff.

Being called a supersized sexy goddess maybe something you don't want, but there are others who love it.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #42
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
You're in a relationship with her, that's different. There's all kinds of things someone in a relationship can call me that I don't want to hear coming out of a complete strangers mouth. I'll have to read the original post again because that's what I thought they were talking about. Compliments from people you aren't intimately involved with.
I must read it again myself because I thought it was referring to all situations including intimate lovers.

If its coming from total strangers, then I actually agree its best to keep the "fat talk" until they're comfortable with you and even then probably best to make sure that she'd be ok with it.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #43
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I have complimented many BBWs and SSBBWs that they look better then the last time I saw them.

So the other ugly side to that coin of telling someone they look better than they used to...wonderful.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #44
Bananaspills

Bananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 club

I do think a lot of women would take it in a negative way, and even refuse to believe it wasn't meant as a negative! Which is sad... When I was in Uni I had a friend who was quite short and apple-shaped (not very big, but chubby-moving towards fat.) She was very insecure about her body, and I thought it was so sad, because I LOVED her body! (Let me point out that I'm completely straight... *LOL*) I just thought her shape suited her, that she had a great sense of style, and that she was lovely and tactile... I couldn't imagine her being thin! Sadly, I thought she was even weirded out when *I* complimented her on her looks.

I also think that it's a lot more likely to be taken as a negative if the comment is about weight gain rather than about existing size. I would be unhappy (although not offended I don't think,) if someone said "Oh you've gained weight and look nice," because I don't want to gain any more.

And yes, I recently had a female friend tell me she thinks my face looks nicer now with the extra weight (we were looking at some old photoswhen I was quite a lot thinner.)
Bananaspills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #45
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm fine with being called fat as a compliment or a description. It is when there is negative emotion behind it that it upsets me a little.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #46
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't think I could ever want to be called fat as a compliment.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #47
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I don't think I could ever want to be called fat as a compliment.
Without being rude can I ask why?

To me, if a guy likes my fat and is into it its nice to hear it.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #48
Bananaspills

Bananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 club

I've been thinking about this thread and trying to understand why the word "fat" doesn't bother me that much (even if I have self esteem issues.) I finally figured it out

My 5 year old daughter calls me "Fat" quite often... I've really tried avoiding giving her a negative image about fat and never told her not to call people fat as it's impolite or whatever... We tell her people come in all different sizes (at most I've told her that being fat makes it more difficult for me to do some things.)
Anyway, she constantly says things like "Mummy you're nice and fat and cuddly!" "You're fat and cosy" etc, so in my mind the word has taken almost a positive spin!

My 3,5 year old son takes it a step further... He uses my butt as a trampoline. He'll run into me from behind, bounce off and have a great time doing it... Apparently "he likes my squishy bum-bum." (FA in training *LOL*)
Bananaspills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #49
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

A very nice Vietnamese woman used to come in regularly to where I worked. One day she smiled at me and said, "You are so pretty. So Plump!"

That made my life.
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #50
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I was a little girl I was having fun in a playground and they had those big metal teeter-totters back then but I couldn't play on them unless two kids or an adult were on the other side. One day I was sitting on one end and contemplating my predicament when an African man came over with his kid and said, OH MY you are SO FAT, and I got really upset as if it was a bad thing but to him it wasn't! He thought I was amazing and he (average size) and his little one got on the other end and started playing with me. He told me that in his country I would be worth many many cows and while I laugh now (and often recount the story) then, it was the first time I had an inkling that it wasn't a bad thing and he was not only honest, but admired it and it was sweet.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote