Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default "That time of the month" cravings :)

Hey ladies! So, if you are anything like me, you get some intense cravings when you have PMS haha. I personally get some desires for chocolate and salt. Last month, I had a night when I was sprinkling salt on chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!

So, tell us. What do you crave when it is "your time of the month"
Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

No lie.

I go crazy mad for hot wings.
I don't get it.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Welcome to the PMS mystery. Why do we crave what we do? Who the hell knows
Old 04-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

HA! I was just thinking about this exact subject last night.

My cravings are the same....chocolate and salt. French fries in a chocolate milkshake. Chocolate ice cream and Lay's potato chips. Chocolate covered fleur de sel caramels are divine.

I also get crazy urges for red meat. Protein, protein, protein...along with salt and chocolate...could easily make up my entire diet the days before.
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

general tso's chicken, fried chicken,(must be popeye's, bbq or bon chon!) or the most recent one-biscuits and gravy.

also a big honkin' burger.

no wonder I retain 8 to 10 lbs of water during that time of month
Old 04-23-2009, 04:51 AM   #6
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Chocolate and salt for me, too. But not in the same item. First something salty, like cheese popcorn, followed by almost anything chocolate.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I usually crave comfort foods. Primarily pasta.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I crave creamy, buttery, greasy and sweet: KFC extra-crispy in home-made Alfredo sauce and a quart of butter almond ice cream in one sitting was when I noticed I might have issues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Meat. I want ribs and hamburgers and pork chops. With mashed potatoes! Carbville for sure.

And chocolate. Of course.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #10
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
No lie.

I go crazy mad for hot wings.
I don't get it.
Me too. I order piles of them. Wonder where that craving comes from? Chicken wings are the worst thing you can eat. BUT damn are they good.

A week before my period all I can think about is sushi, chicken wings, steak, fresh mozzerella balls, lindt truffles mcdonalds double cheese burgers and doritos.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #11
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am a salt and chocolate girl too but I want something salty then something chocolate, like was stated earlier, not together in the same item. On the other hand I've never tried them mixed together and that does sound pretty damn good. I really like to mix popcorn and chocolate covered raisins or peanuts and raisinettes so that is something I would like. It does suck to be retaining fluid anyway then to crave salt just makes it worse.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #12
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Anybody who likes salty and sweet combo needs to try these:

http://www.daleandthomaspopcorn.com/...e-popcorn.aspx
Old 04-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I feel like I'm the only girl that doesn't crave a particular thing at that time of the month. Hm.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #14
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
I am a salt and chocolate girl too but I want something salty then something chocolate, like was stated earlier, not together in the same item. On the other hand I've never tried them mixed together and that does sound pretty damn good. I really like to mix popcorn and chocolate covered raisins or peanuts and raisinettes so that is something I would like. It does suck to be retaining fluid anyway then to crave salt just makes it worse.
Fran, I just saw this recipe and thought of you since I know that you like Fritos and we have been discussing the salt/chocolate combo. Check it out:

http://www.recipezaar.com/frickercho...-crunch-364138
Old 04-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
Fran, I just saw this recipe and thought of you since I know that you like Fritos and we have been discussing the salt/chocolate combo. Check it out:

http://www.recipezaar.com/frickercho...-crunch-364138
OOOO YUMMMM thanks Christine, I am definitely going to make this. I love how at the end of the recipe they say to eat in a dark room while watching reality t.v. ha ha I'll probably be doing that too, thanks girlie.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #16
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

okay I actually have 'it' and all I want today is Japanese style curry over a bowl of buttered white rice. Also a side of cream puffs and some rainbow cookies would be nice topped off with a huge ice filled glass tumbler of real coke.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #17
Neen
Free Spirit

Neen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

chocolate covered salty pretzels...ya..and really super greasy fattening food. Fried chicken..hmm basically anything fried.. !When i have PMS, give me a deep fried tennis shoe and i'd eat it..haha!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:20 AM   #18
Malfiore

Malfiore has said some nice things

Sweets and salty food is what I find myself craving. One preferably after the other. Seems that is pretty common with most women. Once in a while I do crave fruit from the fridge. The fruit in the jars by Del Monte, especially the pears and mandarin oranges. I suspect it is the sugar I want/crave.
" I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman." - Anais Nin
Malfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #19
Cleofatra_74
Bite Me! :p

Cleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this boardCleofatra_74 carries a lot of weight on this board

Cadbury chocolate
Old 04-26-2009, 06:19 AM   #20
CharDonnay

CharDonnay has said some nice things

I totally Toblerone and can eat up to 6 when i'm on. Not forgetting Ice cream love my haazen daz cookie dough 3 tubs aint enough sometimes.

Last edited by Risible; 04-26-2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: removed paysite signature
CharDonnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:39 AM   #21
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nope, I'm with you. I don't crave anything special... I just eat more than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
I feel like I'm the only girl that doesn't crave a particular thing at that time of the month. Hm.
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #22
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
OOOO YUMMMM thanks Christine, I am definitely going to make this. I love how at the end of the recipe they say to eat in a dark room while watching reality t.v. ha ha I'll probably be doing that too, thanks girlie.
I hoped you would like it. If you do make it, let me know if it is any good. It definitely sounds interesting.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #23
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

First I crave a cheese burger then chocolate then salty.

Friday I had a big mac even though I know it will make me sick. Saturday I ate 2 Reese's candy bars. Today I had white cheese popcorn.

This is pretty much how it goes every damn month. I am 50, I am too old for this crap to still be happening to me!
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 AM   #24
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyapple View Post

I also get crazy urges for red meat. Protein, protein, protein...along with salt and chocolate...could easily make up my entire diet the days before.
It isn't so much protein, protein, protein as it is iron, iron, iron...

A peculiar side effect of iron deficiency is the dulling of the taste buds that sense sweets. To compensate, an iron- deficient woman craves carbohydrates.

Have you ever heard the theory that there are two kinds of "snackers"? People that crave sweet snacks and people that crave salty snacks.
If your body is in starvation mode for a certain type of mineral it will go into overdrive and crave both.

I don't mentrstruate, knock on wood but I did read this book which is all about it and how it affected society. Pretty interesting.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:32 AM   #25
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mushroom swiss burgers with bacon, sticky rice, and chocolate covered potato chips.

I once found the most absolute perfect PMS snack at Starbucks- they were chocolate covered sea salted almonds, but I can't find them anymore

Fun thread, by the way!!