Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 05-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #51
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm posting here because I would love to see this thread continue..I managed to do about 11 1/2 minutes of my walking video and I'm pushing myself to move around to music when I have the chance.

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #52
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistful View Post
I'm posting here because I would love to see this thread continue..I managed to do about 11 1/2 minutes of my walking video and I'm pushing myself to move around to music when I have the chance.
Good for you - and as long as you are enjoying the workout that's the best thing

As for me: Light Workout Yesterday - some stretches for the lower back & shoulder exercises with the bands or tubes.

15 min- lower back stretch on Swiss Ball
Touch touching (slow 10 reps)
Good Mornings 10 reps
Some more stretches for the back
Tube (band Exercises) for Shoulders and Upper back.
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #53
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

First, I used my bullworker. 3-4 exercises per muscle group. Today was upper body minus arms.

After that I threw on my new short narrow weighted vest. I put in twenty pounds (Max is 50; ULTRA MAX is 100 pounds with a 50 pound attachment [Which I don't have yet]). I ran/walked a little over three miles, came back, and ran up to the third floor from the first four times.

I'm drenched in sweat, and I LIKE IT.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #54
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wednesday...40 minutes of assorted floor exercises, weights

Thursday.... 50 minutes on the treadmill
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #55
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Way to go Wistful!!

Uhm...let's see...skipped workout yesterday...but I did got to both Costco and Stew Leonards, so that counts for a little bit of walking!!

This morning, I did my home workout, 40 minutes of weights and floor exercises. Have to say, I normally workout in the afternoon or evening, and I MUCH prefer it. My morning muscles just aren't the same, it seemed much harder. Don't think I'll do that again, unless I have to. Anyone else experience that?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #56
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
Way to go Wistful!!

Uhm...let's see...skipped workout yesterday...but I did got to both Costco and Stew Leonards, so that counts for a little bit of walking!!

This morning, I did my home workout, 40 minutes of weights and floor exercises. Have to say, I normally workout in the afternoon or evening, and I MUCH prefer it. My morning muscles just aren't the same, it seemed much harder. Don't think I'll do that again, unless I have to. Anyone else experience that?
Definitely. I tend to warm up really well which helps I suppose. I've worked out as early as 3 am, and as late a 11 pm (Not that those are common though ).

Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #57
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

I bonked my head on the bottom of the pool last weekend and took that to mean that maybe I needed a break. So I cooled it down last week and didn't do much.

Out of town this weekend but the hotel has a fitness room. Decided since I was the only one in there this morning that I would try to run, it felt kinda odd but I managed to do it. Only went for a few minutes though as it was really loud and echoing, its on the second floor so I'm sure the people underneath me thought the ceiling was going to fall in on them.

Did 90 minutes on the elliptical, will go swimming a little later.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #58
Actor4hire

Actor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot picsActor4hire does more than just post hot pics

Did the Revlon Run/Walk for a cure today. Ran/Jogged/Walked 5k.

Glad everybody is still working out!! Keep it going!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:14 AM   #59
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am a SPIN class Junkie....I used to have a personal trainer and lifted 2x a week...but that was a long time ago...

heading out to 45-55 minute hard core spin class at 9:15...I just dont have the energy to lift after that....I need to motivate to start lifting again...

I start a biggest loser competition tomorrow at my company....and it's only 8 weeks.so no huge goals there...but i have some long term goals....I am pushing towards
Old 05-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #60
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Swam/did my aqua workout on Friday, goofed off yesterday, and went for a walk at the park this morning. Yay!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #61
lypeaches

Ella Bella, if 90 minutes on the elliptical is taking it easy, you must be formidable at full strength!!

Everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

I went for a 35 minute walk this morning.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #62
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cardiovascular/strength routine today. Two sets on the Nautilus Equipment.

Nautilus Machines
Crunches (120 lbs) 1 X 10 reps
Bench Press (200 lbs.) 1 X 25 reps
Rowing (200 lbs) 1 X 25 reps
Crunches (120 lbs.) 1 X 10 reps
Triceps (50 lbs) 1 X 25 reps
Knee Extensions (120 lbs) 1 X 25 reps

30-60 second rest between sets
Repeat Cycle for 2 sets.
Goal is to get up to 4 sets
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #63
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Cardiovascular/strength routine today. Two sets on the Nautilus Equipment.

Nautilus Machines
Bench Press (200 lbs.) 1 X 25 reps
Rowing (200 lbs) 1 X 25 reps
Crunches (120 lbs.) 1 X 10 reps
Triceps (50 lbs) 1 X 25 reps
Knee Extensions (120 lbs) 1 X 25 reps

30-60 second rest between sets
Repeat Cycle for 2 sets.
Goal is to get up to 4 sets
curious how long those sets all took? I am just starting to get back into lifting....I do 4-5 45 minute spin classes a week...and am trying to figure out how I can find time to make for lifting...and what I can do...I like the idea of cardio / lifting...cause i might knock out a day of cardio for JUST THAT...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #64
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
curious how long those sets all took? I am just starting to get back into lifting....I do 4-5 45 minute spin classes a week...and am trying to figure out how I can find time to make for lifting...and what I can do...I like the idea of cardio / lifting...cause i might knock out a day of cardio for JUST THAT...

Hi HDANGEL15:

It took me about 15-20 minutes to complete each set. Now when I do this workout; I don't do any running at all. Now when there are days that I do running on the Elliptical Machine and go through my weights - if it's on the Nautilus ( I would use the entire stack-which only goes to 250lbs) for sets (lower-reps 10-15 reps).

If I do strength training with Dumbbells - it varies from (60-100 lbs.) for reps pending on the exercise.

For cable work it's bike innertubes
Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #65
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post

Hi HDANGEL15:

It took me about 15-20 minutes to complete each set. Now when I do this workout; I don't do any running at all. Now when there are days that I do running on the Elliptical Machine and go through my weights - if it's on the Nautilus ( I would use the entire stack-which only goes to 250lbs) for sets (lower-reps 10-15 reps).

If I do strength training with Dumbbells - it varies from (60-100 lbs.) for reps pending on the exercise.

For cable work it's bike innertubes

wow very interesting....and I like the idea...I might talk to one of my friends to formulate a few cardio/lifting workouts to work into my schedule...I love it...thanks ((TONY))
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #66
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sunday, made it late to the gym so missed pilates. Did, 20 minutes of stretching, 2 sets of leg lifts, 10 reps each, 20 minutes on the elliptical, attempted to do hatha yoga again after a year of trying. Had to quit 30 minutes in due to knee pain. That class just doesn't work for fat people. So I couldn't do the total body conditioning class right after. My plan was to take 3 classes in a row for three hours, instead I only worked out for about 70 minutes.

Tuesday is tai chi.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #67
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pool-time again today and did my strength/resistance training in there as usual, but instead of laps I did a deep water aerobics class, which was great. I'm continually striving to find new ways to move my body in the pool, so I keep making progress.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #68
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Sunday, made it late to the gym so missed pilates. Did, 20 minutes of stretching, 2 sets of leg lifts, 10 reps each, 20 minutes on the elliptical, attempted to do hatha yoga again after a year of trying. Had to quit 30 minutes in due to knee pain. That class just doesn't work for fat people. So I couldn't do the total body conditioning class right after. My plan was to take 3 classes in a row for three hours, instead I only worked out for about 70 minutes.

Tuesday is tai chi.
((Olwen))) that's awesome work anyways....focus on what you DID accomplish, not what you didn't...pat yourself on the back...and strive for a little more next time...Hatha yoga is very very strenuous....good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Pool-time again today and did my strength/resistance training in there as usual, but instead of laps I did a deep water aerobics class, which was great. I'm continually striving to find new ways to move my body in the pool, so I keep making progress.

I am envious of you with the pool workouts..I would love that as an alternative to cross train.....lucky girl
Old 05-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #69
lypeaches

Olwen, seriously, I'm impressed! I can only take about 1 1/2 hours of anything, and I hardly ever do that. I just try to take it slow and steady...minimum 30 minutes, usually 45, sometimes an hour, or an hour and a 1/4 if I do both weights and cardio in one day.

Carrie, count me in as one of the jealous ones too! I can't wait until our lake opens up so I can get back in the water.

40 minutes of weights and floor exercises at home (I'm working long hours these days, so I'm doing more stuff at home, less at the gym right now). I use 8 lb. weights, which seems wimpy, but they're hard for me.

Can someone help me with the names of these moves??

5 minutes warm up (walking in place, knee lifts, dancing, whatever)
3 sets of 8 of squat/curl/lifts (anybody have a name for that move?)
3 sets of 12 of assisted lunges (hanging on to edge of counter for balance)
3 sets of 8 of butterflies? ( stand with arms hanging at sides, and lift them straight out to shoulder heigth at the sides)
3 sets of 15 of rowing things ?(on all fours on the floor, lifting weight by lifting elbow back up toward ceiling)
3 sets of 15 of shoulder press? (elbows out to the side, shoulder height, weights up, then lifting them up to meet in the center over your head)
3 sets of 15 of tricep? (both arms straight above head, holding one weight with both hands, then bending elbows back, then straightening)
3 sets of 15 of bench press, on the floor, combined with holding my legs a few inches from the floor while doing the set.
3 sets of 15 of bicep curls, combined with doing a semi squat to hit the quads
3 sets of 12 crunches, sometimes

So, for you pro's out there...is there a glaring hole in my routine? Can you help me out with names?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #70
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Nothing big today.

I threw on my vest with 50 pounds, and did some basic bodyweight exercises. Quite the sweat, and I liked.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #71
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Hi LyPeaches: I've added my comments on each exercise highlighted in blue.
Perhaps others can chime in and offer suggestions. I'm no expert-but, here are some of my thoughts.

Your routine seems fine. I notice that you are repeating the movements in Exercise 2 & 9.
I see you are doing a good deal of sets and reps.
Are you using a combination of weights? machines? Since your leg muscles are strong - you might want to check using a leg press machine.

You also might want to split your routine in that you do your lower body one day and upper body the other. For example (Mon-Thur. Lower Body Exercises)
(Tues-Fri Upper Body Exercises).

Also you might want to change your routine every 8-12weeks to prevent boredom.

=============================================
1. 5 minutes warm up (walking in place, knee lifts, dancing, whatever)

2. 3 sets of 8 of squat/curl/lifts (anybody have a name for that move?)
*** I'm guessing combo movement with dumbbells? you first do the squat or deep knee bends - then the arm curl movement.

3. 3 sets of 12 of assisted lunges (hanging on to edge of counter for balance)

4. 3 sets of 8 of butterflies? ( stand with arms hanging at sides, and lift them straight out to shoulder heigth at the sides)
*** I guessing Front Raises with Dumbbells

5. 3 sets of 15 of rowing things ?(on all fours on the floor, lifting weight by lifting elbow back up toward ceiling)
*** Rows - are you on a Bench or Machine

6. 3 sets of 15 of shoulder press? (elbows out to the side, shoulder height, weights up, then lifting them up to meet in the center over your head)
*** Shoulder Press (Dumbbells or Barbells or Machine)

7. 3 sets of 15 of tricep? (both arms straight above head, holding one weight with both hands, then bending elbows back, then straightening)
*** Tricep Press with Dumbell

8. 3 sets of 15 of bench press, on the floor, combined with holding my legs a few inches from the floor while doing the set.
*** Bench Press or Floor Press (since Bench is not being used)

9. 3 sets of 15 of bicep curls, combined with doing a semi squat to hit the quads
*** Combo Exercise Squat & Curls - same movement as Exercise # 2?

===========================
Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #72
Carrie

Just did some walking today.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #73
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

As for my workout - plenty of stretches and working some techniques. No weights today
Old 05-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #74
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
((Olwen))) that's awesome work anyways....focus on what you DID accomplish, not what you didn't...pat yourself on the back...and strive for a little more next time...Hatha yoga is very very strenuous....good work

I am envious of you with the pool workouts..I would love that as an alternative to cross train.....lucky girl

Thanks, that does make me feel better. I felt like such a failure after those 30 minutes. I just couldn't do another whatever it was we were doing on our knees, and my knees are still really sore. Next week, I'll skip the yoga and use that hour for cardio instead.

Quote:
Olwen, seriously, I'm impressed! I can only take about 1 1/2 hours of anything, and I hardly ever do that. I just try to take it slow and steady...minimum 30 minutes, usually 45, sometimes an hour, or an hour and a 1/4 if I do both weights and cardio in one day.

Thanks.

Carrie, count me in as one of the jealous ones too! I can't wait until our lake opens up so I can get back in the water.

40 minutes of weights and floor exercises at home (I'm working long hours these days, so I'm doing more stuff at home, less at the gym right now). I use 8 lb. weights, which seems wimpy, but they're hard for me.

Can someone help me with the names of these moves??

5 minutes warm up (walking in place, knee lifts, dancing, whatever)
3 sets of 8 of squat/curl/lifts (anybody have a name for that move?)
not sure what you are doing exactly, but if you bend at the knees while standing up, then they are indeed squats. If you're lying on the floor face down and lifting your legs at the knee, then they are hamstring curls.

3 sets of 12 of assisted lunges (hanging on to edge of counter for balance)
yep, lunges.

3 sets of 8 of butterflies? ( stand with arms hanging at sides, and lift them straight out to shoulder heigth at the sides)
I'm not sure, but I think those are called lateral lifts

3 sets of 15 of rowing things ?(on all fours on the floor, lifting weight by lifting elbow back up toward ceiling)
yep, it's called a row I think.

3 sets of 15 of shoulder press? (elbows out to the side, shoulder height, weights up, then lifting them up to meet in the center over your head)
shoulder press sounds right to me

3 sets of 15 of tricep? (both arms straight above head, holding one weight with both hands, then bending elbows back, then straightening)
tricep curls

3 sets of 15 of bench press, on the floor, combined with holding my legs a few inches from the floor while doing the set.
yes, bench press. If you're using 8lb weights then the position you're in with your feet up should be okay. If you decide to increase to 10lb or 15lb weights, keep your feet planted on the floor so you don't injure your back.

3 sets of 15 of bicep curls, combined with doing a semi squat to hit the quads

So, for you pro's out there...is there a glaring hole in my routine? Can you help me out with names?
Looks like you don't have anything for your calves or your glutes, your hip flexors, or for your lower back, and not enough for your abs or lats.

For your calves you can do 3 sets of 10-15 of just standing on the balls of your feet for a few seconds at a time.

For your abs and lats, you can do the kinds of crunches where you touch the hand to the opposite knee. You could also get a resistance ball and do crunches while sitting on the ball. It helps to focus your abs more since you also have to balance. It's also easier to target upper and lower abs that way. 3 sets of 8 - 10 or 10-15

For your lower back (and hamstrings) you can do deadlifts - just bend slowly at the waist towards your ankle, but don't bend all the way down and don't come all the way up. Stop where you feel the most tension. If you use the 8lb weights, try to keep them even on the way down. If it hurts to keep your legs straight you can bend your knees slightly. 3 sets of 10.

For your glutes and hip flexors (inside of your thighs) you can do side, back and front leg lifts while standing or while lying on the floor. (I find them harder to do while lying on the floor.) If you do them lying on the floor then you can add a bunch of other things. 1) Lie on your side, and with the top leg, swing your leg around like you're drawing a huge circle while keeping your legs straight, then reverse it. 2) You can also do a sort of tap. Lie on your side and with the top leg, tap the floor in front twice with your foot and then tap the floor behind twice. 3) Then you can take the top leg, lift it up a few inches and make a circle with your leg, like you are using your foot to wipe a dinner plate with a rag. You can do 2 sets of 10 each for all of them. To make all those harder, you can wear some ankle weights. This is all stuff we do in pilates btw.

Eeek, I hope all of that is easy to follow. Oh and let us know how that works for you if you try any of it.

Last edited by olwen; 05-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #75
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Bella View Post
Thanks I'll try that! I know which machine you are talking about, I've tried it a couple of times but it feels so awkward to me that I end up getting off of it just a few minutes after starting.

We have this stair climbing machine at the gym that I plan on using soon. It looks like its actually stairs that move. Only thing is that the bottom stair disappears! I can just see myself not being able to do it fast enough and falling right off when the bottom one goes under.
Quote:
That machine scares me. I've been eyeballing it.
OMG, that machine is scary. I tried it once. I stepped on the bottom step and it started moving downwards. It took a huge effort to climb onto it and once I was on it, the slowest setting was too fast for me. Never tried that again. The stair climber where you feet just move up and down was way easier, but it's rough on my knees so I stay away from it.