Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 11-27-2009, 04:30 AM   #1076
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

40 min workout at the gym.... not bad for a Friday after work... :-)
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #1077
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanksgiving day...1 hour Wii aerobics (boxing and step), 30 minutes yoga

Can someone help me out? SupersizeBBW and Tinkerbell need holiday workout rep, but I can't give it to them!!

Tony, agreed, it's a long, slow process. But it's about the journey, not just the destination. I think you're doing great!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #1078
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I went to the gym on Tuesday and did the elliptical, Stairmaster, and weight machines. Yesterday the gym was closed for Thanksgiving, but my boyfriend and I walked seven miles.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #1079
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks Lypeaches. I should have went today, but I plan to go out tomorrow too.

And great job, Frankie. 7 miles is awesome!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #1080
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Today's Home Workout
light day

1. Wrist Roller (40lbs) (forearm work)
2. Head Strap (40lbs) 3X10 (neck work)

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #1081
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

First bump up to Level 8 Stairmaster--30 Minutes at level 8

Core work--seated rows 60 lbs at 15 reps times 3
Isometric ab exercise--balance on incline board for 20 seconds X 2
10 situps on incline board at highest level of incline

Bicep curls with barbell- 10 reps X 2 at 20 pounds
Tricep curls with barbell- 10 reps X 2 at 15 pounds
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #1082
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Friday: lots of strolling/walking around stores searching for bargains- not sure how much time to claim since I didn't keep track

Saturday: Turned into family exercise day. Went to a big park/playground down at the Greenville SC Zoo. Spent 80 minutes walking around the paths there. My girls were with me and rode their bikes or walked that whole time, too.
Would have explored further but one of the little ones was showing signs of meltdown and they wanted to play on the huge playground for a while.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #1083
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I ran 4.5 miles yesterday too.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #1084
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

60 min walk outside this morning.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #1085
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Added another minute to my new Stairmaster level so 31 minutes at level 8

11 X 2 Reps of 15 pounds Tricep Curls
10 X 1 Reps of 20 pounds bicep curls
5 X 1 Reps of 30 pounds bicep curls

2 X 25 seconds isometric balance on incline board
6 X 2 sets up full situps on incline board

3 X 15 at 60 pounds of Seated Row Nautilus machine

Yoga stretches with focus on spine lengthening/stretching moves.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #1086
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow...everyone did great at keeping up with their routines over the holidays! Great job!

Friday...gym workout 40 minutes weights, 35 minutes treadmill
Saturday...about 3 hours of yardwork, mostly raking and hauling acorns.
Sunday, mostly rested...30 minutes Wii Tennis.

Frankie, 7 miles is a long walk, good for you!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #1087
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
First bump up to Level 8 Stairmaster--30 Minutes at level 8

Core work--seated rows 60 lbs at 15 reps times 3
Isometric ab exercise--balance on incline board for 20 seconds X 2
10 situps on incline board at highest level of incline

Bicep curls with barbell- 10 reps X 2 at 20 pounds
Tricep curls with barbell- 10 reps X 2 at 15 pounds
Yeah 30 minutes at level 8....I only lasted 5.

You're either a machine or I'm that far out of it lol
Old 11-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #1088
LoveBHMS
default title

Just takes practice.

The pushups and boxing stuff was pretty impressive though.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #1089
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Just takes practice.

The pushups and boxing stuff was pretty impressive though.
Yeah, my split open knuckle is the prime example of why you bring gloves lol
Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #1090
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Today's Home Workout
light day

1. One Dumbbell Sumo Squats (55lbs) 20 reps
2. Wrist Roller (40lbs) (forearm work)
3. Head Strap (40lbs) 3X10 (neck work)

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #1091
LoveBHMS
default title

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Yeah, my split open knuckle is the prime example of why you bring gloves lol
I recall suggesting gloves.

The pushups were pretty awesome. No way can i do 25 in rapid succession....yet!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:59 AM   #1092
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust99 View Post
Just finished an epic workout.... walked to the gym... about 1km, did my 40mins resistance training and cardio.... and walked home!!! :-p
This again.. except this time I jogged there and walked back. Fun fun (not!!!)

Three of my students saw me too, they were travelling home from their tennis lessons and saw me heading home from the gym. Today in class they ran up to tell me what I had been doing.. lol They are 8 and it's strange for them to see their teacher outside of the school setting. ha ha
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #1093
lypeaches

Nice job Aust!

Me, went to the gym. About 40 minutes weights, 35 minutes treadmill. Did about 25 minutes yoga at home.

Did a 19 minute mile yesterday....down from 22. My next goal is to do a 15 minute mile, which will probably require a little jogging (yikes!).
Old 12-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #1094
LoveBHMS
default title

Last night was longer low intensity cardio. 25 minutes of Level 7 Stairmaster and 1 hour of treadmill at 3% incline alternating speeds from 2-5.1 MPH.

Today is a rest day. I was really exhausted last night and realized i need a day off so I can be recharged tomorrow. I probably should have skipped it last night b/c a last minute emergency work project came up in early afternoon and i had to work for five straight hours to get it done.

You definitely don't have to jog to do a 15 minute mile. That's only 4 MPH on a treadmill and can easily be done at a fast walk. I think you can walk up to about 4.3 MPH and above that you'd have to jog. I like to do intervals on the treadmill from 2 MPH up to about 8 MPH and I don't jog/run until I get to 5.

Last edited by LoveBHMS; 12-01-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #1095
lypeaches

Quote:

You definitely don't have to jog to do a 15 minute mile. That's only 4 MPH on a treadmill and can easily be done at a fast walk. I think you can walk up to about 4.3 MPH and above that you'd have to jog. I like to do intervals on the treadmill from 2 MPH up to about 8 MPH and I don't jog/run until I get to 5.
For me, a short, fat chick with achy hips and flat feet, 4mph on the treadmill is FAST. I'm working up to it. So far, the very best I can do walking, and only for a few minutes or so at a time is 3.3 (I'm really more comfortable at 2.7), I have jogged a few minutes (like 2 minutes at a time), at the speed of 4 mph. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't actually be able to walk that fast. And if by some miracle I can, I can assure you it it won't be easy.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #1096
LoveBHMS
default title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
For me, a short, fat chick with achy hips and flat feet, 4mph on the treadmill is FAST. I'm working up to it. So far, the very best I can do walking, and only for a few minutes or so at a time is 3.3 (I'm really more comfortable at 2.7), I have jogged a few minutes (like 2 minutes at a time), at the speed of 4 mph. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't actually be able to walk that fast. And if by some miracle I can, I can assure you it it won't be easy.
eep. I'm sorry.

I didn't think about the particulars of it, but I do happen to have a very high waist and disproportionately longer legs, so for me I cover more "ground" than a shorter woman when I walk. IOW, one step takes up a lot of space.

I really did not mean to offend you LYP, I was only going on my own experience with my own height/build.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #1097
lypeaches

Oh, it's ok Love, sorry if I snapped a little there, I'm not having a great day. I've made incredible strides in my fitness levels over the last couple years, but there is still such a long way to go, it can be daunting.

And yeah, I agree, I think long legs can make a difference. Seems like I'm always half running to keep up with people.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #1098
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
And great job, Frankie. 7 miles is awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
Frankie, 7 miles is a long walk, good for you!
Thanks, ladies! If I may return the praise, both of you have been knocking me out with what you've been doing. I need to exercise more consistently as you guys do.

I went to the gym tonight and did:

- 30 minutes of elliptical at level 6 (up from level 5 last week), varying inclines to target different muscle groups
- 10 minutes of Stairmaster at level 2
- 150lbs on the leg press
- 45lbs on the leg curl
- 60lbs on the seated row
- 30lbs on the chest press

Doesn't knock your socks off, but since it's been so long since I've exercised regularly, I'm basically starting from zero. I would have liked to have done more, but I keep getting to the gym late (it closes at 9pm). I really need to start leaving the office earlier.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #1099
lypeaches

Thanks Frankie. I've been making an extra effort these days to get back to my regular old routine. I will have to say that the main thing for me was finding something that I could do at home. If I had to go to the gym everyday to exercise, I would not be nearly as consistant with my exercise. So, for me, Wii has been a godsend. It's probably not as good as going to the gym, but I do work up a sweat, and it's fun enough to keep me engaged and returning to it... I'm a fan.

Last night 1 hour of Wii aerobics, (step and boxing), and 20 minutes yoga.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #1100
LoveBHMS
default title

Today's goal was to start an increased focus on strength training.

Warm Up- 22 Minutes of Stairmaster Level 8

Seated Row- 60 Pounds 16 reps X 3
Tricep Curls with barbell- 15 pounds 16 reps X 2
Bicep Curls with barbell - 20 pounds 15 reps X 1
Bicep Curls with barbell - 30 pounds X 6

Isometric Abs- 2 X 25 Seconds of balance on incline board
Sit ups on incline board- 2 X 10 sets with board as full incline

Cardio - 1 hour interval workout with 3% incline speed ranging from 2 MPH to 6 MPH with 5 minute cooldown