Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default what sort of Fa are you?

I was going to conduct a poll..but i have no idea how to so this shall just be a qualitative study!

I have noticed that different Fa's like fat people for different reasons..eg. Because you like the feel/look of fat?.
Because you like the idea of someone who is bigger than you?.
Because you think Fat=More sensuous?.
Because its a sub/dom thing?.
Or some other reason?.

(i'm pretty sure personality will come into your preference but i'm talking strictly about aspects of fat admiration, not from a personal level)

I pretty much love the look and feel of rounder bodies and i suspect there is a comforting edge there too. (Comforting curve ). I dont have any sub or dom feelings about fat people and am a switch in that respect.

What type of Fa are you??
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:57 AM   #2
Jon Blaze
Dusk
 
Jon Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK ya dig? ;)
Posts: 6,744
Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I'm just attracted to big women. I like the feel and look of the bodies along with many others.

I wouldn't say that i'm fetishistic because what I look at physically is holistic for any size woman, but I will say that going down this road is the main reason I am holistic about the whole thing. When I only liked thin women back in the day, I was all about boobs and booty, and that's IT.
__________________
Love people of all sizes!!! History is sometimes more logical than society.- Me

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:19 AM   #3
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish
 
BothGunsBlazing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edison, New Jersey
Posts: 2,159
BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

What kind of FA am I? Interesting question.

I like to think of my preference as this. I have always been attracted to fat girls. That will always be the base of it. Like, they've just got to be fat for me to be interested.

The whole "I like fat chicks" deal is really just the root of it all. Everything else has branched off of that as I've gotten older and more experienced with life and relationships. As I've noticed for myself, the more I discover, the more I am interested in when it comes to fat girls. I guess it's also hard for me to tell if a lot of this stuff is specifically related to me liking fat girls because it's stuff a great deal of people are into regardless of whether their partner is fat or not. It would seem that I've got a lot of different "fetishes" or desires and I look at them from an FA point of view. Like you take something that some one who likes thin girls would be into and add an FA twist to it and somehow it becomes something completely different. When it all comes down to it, regardless of anything that I've developed later on, it comes down to I just find a fuller figure more attractive. I love the added softness, the jiggle, the curves on curves. It's not just about her body either. I just prefer a girl with a rounder face too.

I've had people assume I like fat girls because they think they come with a bigger ass and a bigger chest, but y'know, those are nice, but even skinny girls can have those features. I like a belly on a girl, I like thighs on a girl, not the thick muscular kind either. I'm talking about the sink into extensively kind. Same with the belly.

It's everything for me. From every stretch mark, to every dimple, to everything that makes a fat girl a fat girl, I can't think of one single thing I don't love.

So, I guess that'd be the kind of FA I am.

Last edited by BothGunsBlazing; 04-29-2009 at 06:22 AM.
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #4
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!
 
BarbBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 2,973
BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

subscribing!
__________________
:smitten::smitten::smitten:THERE IS NOTHING SEXIER THAN A MAN THAT LOVES BBW!!:smitten::smitten::smitten:



From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
Esther
Queen Black Acid
 
Esther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,057
Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

I'm a bit of all those things, I think... I love the look and feel of softer bodies, and definitely find fat very sesnsuous. The idea of being with someone who is quite a bit bigger than me is also extremely appealing for me. In addition I do sometimes have submissive fantasies regarding large men (worship stuff), but I think that is in part because submission is somewhat contradictory to my personality (I'm a rather independent female in life), and thus it holds a forbidden, taboo appeal for me

Last edited by Esther; 04-29-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
undrcovrbrothr
Beach nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 787
undrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized rep
Default

When I was younger, say around 16 (a long, long time ago), I began to have feelings for bigger women, and at the time it didn't make any sense because I was a late bloomer. After a few more years and one failed marriage later, I found that I preferred them, but I thought of myself as a freak and an oddball. How could I possibly be this way when so much of what I was surrounded by said it was abnormal, and all of the jokes at work, and the "look at her" kind of remarks that we as guys ALWAYS seem to hear. Thinner blondes or any thinner woman with an ass or ample assets was always the top of the heap, but I could never subscribe to that.

Things changed for me when society changed, and the African-American culture began to pay homage to the "thick" women out there- on videos, in song, on TV and in movies. Good or bad in portraying BBWs, it was a gigantic step forward that made it cool to be an FA. I was hooked, and it was then when I said I LOVE thick women, BBWs, what have you... and I haven't looked back. *I* am normal now, and it is really freeing.

I'm an FA who sees the natural beauty of the BBW, and celebrates it, and talks about it... yeah, I like the "big girls"... so F-in what, I say! I love life.
__________________

~~Those of a nasty disposition with nothing nice to say shall be ignored~~
undrcovrbrothr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,428
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Below is something from my web page, which in turn is an editted version of a post I made on the old boards. So it kind of summarizes some of my thoughts from several years ago, relating to this topic:

================================================

I have a theory about attraction. Most of us have numerous "hot buttons," things that attract us or turn us on. Some are physical features, some mental, some are character traits or characteristic ways of moving.

For most people, these hot buttons are fairly varied, and sometimes even mutually exclusive. All the same, often a number of them cluster together such that you will tend to find them in one person. One person might like, amongst other things: "softness," "largeness," and "big bellies," while another may have a cluster of: "double chins," "full hips," "large thighs," and "big appetite." They will both be FAs, but for very different reasons, and while they may be attracted to some of the same women, they may often be attracted to very different women too. On top of those hot buttons that make them FAs, they may have preferences in face shape, hair colour, personalities, education, fashion sense, and myriad of other things that will cause them to prefer one woman of a certain size over another, and may at times even cause them to fall for a woman that isn't at all like their general physical preference.

For some FAs "fat" or "size" will be one of their hot buttons, and they may prefer women as fat or big as possible. For most FAs, however, their attraction is to a number of features that you tend to find in BBWs, and for them depending on the exact mix they might like smallish, medium, large, or all sizes of big women. Sometimes one person has more than one cluster of attractions. Some guys like chubby girls and super-sized women, but are less interested in ones in the middle. Some guys may find all different sizes of big attractive, but for mostly different reasons. Some guys will find both very toned athletic women and very fat and out of shape women attractive. The variety that comes from the mix of individual hot buttons is amazing, and a single term like "FA" really doesn't come close to catching the range of preferences.

Going slightly off topic, I think that the same applies to what makes you feel sexy. It is very possible to desire both to be toned and strong and fast, and want a huge soft belly and to consume huge amounts of junk food, and to see both of these states as being sexy.

We humans tend not to be simple beingsÖ..
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,428
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Relating to my previous post, some of my hot buttons that Iím aware of, which may relate to being an FA include:

- Ďstoutí proportions. Many of the thinner girls that Iíve ever crushed on were short but stocky, and Iíve concluded that one of my hot buttons is a certain amount of width compared to height, and being fat is one way to have that width.
- rounded thighs and upper arms, especially if the thighs also taper from top to knee.
- full cheeks, and more generally broader faces on women
- flesh (muscle counts too, but basically not seeing/touching bone)
- consciously indulging oneself (especially if putting indulgence above practical concerns)
- movement of flesh (jiggling, swaying, bouncing, etc)
- curves of all sorts
- fat straining against clothes
- Someone getting turned on by indulging themselves
- Someone who encourages me to indulge myself
- breaking societal taboos
- Doing things in onesí own way, at oneís own pace (yes, honest, itís a hot button for me)
- a high hip-waist ratio
- soft hands
- no doubt more, but those are the possibly FA-relevant ones I could think of while making the list.

Now, not all of those are things that will be found with every BBW, or in some cases maybe not even any more common with BBW than thinner women, but when I was developing my attractions they were things that I associated with BBWs.

A lot of the indulgence ones probably relate more to 'feeder' type feelings, but when I was younger I didn't see that seperation. (and actually I think a lot of BBW are more self-disciplined than their thinner peers, as many of them gain weight very easily and are trying to keep it from going on forever, but again when my preferences were settling themselves out I hadn't figured that out yet)

I don't know what sort of FA that makes me, other than an Ed shaped one I suppose.
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
undrcovrbrothr
Beach nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 787
undrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized rep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Relating to my previous post, some of my hot buttons that I’m aware of, which may relate to being an FA include:

- ‘stout’ proportions. Many of the thinner girls that I’ve ever crushed on were short but stocky, and I’ve concluded that one of my hot buttons is a certain amount of width compared to height, and being fat is one way to have that width.
Yes, I can see that.. the stout look... very hot indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
- a high hip-waist ratio
Ohh!!! I cannot fail to mention that one as a big one for me as well... especially if it is equally proportioned with the backside. You're spot on there as well.
__________________

~~Those of a nasty disposition with nothing nice to say shall be ignored~~

Last edited by undrcovrbrothr; 04-29-2009 at 10:31 AM.
undrcovrbrothr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
katherine22
 
katherine22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tualatin, Oregon (near Portland)
Posts: 566
katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx
Below is something from my web page, which in turn is an editted version of a post I made on the old boards. So it kind of summarizes some of my thoughts from several years ago, relating to this topic:

================================================

I have a theory about attraction. Most of us have numerous "hot buttons," things that attract us or turn us on. Some are physical features, some mental, some are character traits or characteristic ways of moving.

For most people, these hot buttons are fairly varied, and sometimes even mutually exclusive. All the same, often a number of them cluster together such that you will tend to find them in one person. One person might like, amongst other things: "softness," "largeness," and "big bellies," while another may have a cluster of: "double chins," "full hips," "large thighs," and "big appetite." They will both be FAs, but for very different reasons, and while they may be attracted to some of the same women, they may often be attracted to very different women too. On top of those hot buttons that make them FAs, they may have preferences in face shape, hair colour, personalities, education, fashion sense, and myriad of other things that will cause them to prefer one woman of a certain size over another, and may at times even cause them to fall for a woman that isn't at all like their general physical preference.

For some FAs "fat" or "size" will be one of their hot buttons, and they may prefer women as fat or big as possible. For most FAs, however, their attraction is to a number of features that you tend to find in BBWs, and for them depending on the exact mix they might like smallish, medium, large, or all sizes of big women. Sometimes one person has more than one cluster of attractions. Some guys like chubby girls and super-sized women, but are less interested in ones in the middle. Some guys may find all different sizes of big attractive, but for mostly different reasons. Some guys will find both very toned athletic women and very fat and out of shape women attractive. The variety that comes from the mix of individual hot buttons is amazing, and a single term like "FA" really doesn't come close to catching the range of preferences.

Going slightly off topic, I think that the same applies to what makes you feel sexy. It is very possible to desire both to be toned and strong and fast, and want a huge soft belly and to consume huge amounts of junk food, and to see both of these states as being sexy.

We humans tend not to be simple beings…..
edited to fix quote box coding - mod

You men sure drive yourself crazy on the variations of fat admiring. There may be something else at play. The more specific someone feels that a woman's physical dimensions must be the more it becomes a convenient rationalization to discount and disqualify a potential partners due to fear of intimacy. Of course people have preferences, and when there is an obsessive attachment to those preferences it means a lot of great people are going to be overlooked for the shallowest of reasons, i.e., I can only be with a woman who is pear shaped.
__________________
"It's absurd to divide people into good and bad. People either or charming or tedious." Oscar Wilde

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:

Last edited by Observer; 04-29-2009 at 11:52 AM.
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
undrcovrbrothr
Beach nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 787
undrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized rep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
You men sure drive yourself crazy on the variations of fat admiring. There may be something else at play. The more specific someone feels that a woman's physical dimensions must be the more it becomes a convenient rationalization to discount and disqualify a potential partners due to fear of intimacy. Of course people have preferences, and when there is an obsessive attachment to those preferences it means a lot of great people are going to be overlooked for the shallowest of reasons, i.e., I can only be with a woman who is pear shaped.
I was merely pointing out my favorite elements, and none of them would be disqualifiers as some men make off the bat. I never want to confuse "preferences" with "requirements" in any of these threads.. Sometimes the best women have imperfections that to some would never allow a fulfilling relationship due to them not giving that woman a chance, while others don't mind at all and enjoy absolute bliss!

The choices we make and how we deal with our preferences makes all the difference in the world!! I prefer only one right now, imperfect like me, and I'm in bliss
__________________

~~Those of a nasty disposition with nothing nice to say shall be ignored~~
undrcovrbrothr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #12
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,428
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
You men sure drive yourself crazy on the variations of fat admiring. There may be something else at play. The more specific someone feels that a woman's physical dimensions must be the more it becomes a convenient rationalization to discount and disqualify a potential partners due to fear of intimacy. Of course people have preferences, and when there is an obsessive attachment to those preferences it means a lot of great people are going to be overlooked for the shallowest of reasons, i.e., I can only be with a woman who is pear shaped.
Actually I quite disagree with this, at least in my personal case. I chose the term 'hot button' specifically. I'm not saying those were requirements or all that I liked or anything like that. By 'hot button' I meant to imply that they were specific things that would grab ones attention in an erotic sort of way. And I think the key to understanding your hot buttons is to observe yourself, without expectation or judgment. In the end it should actually help one be more open, because instead of just looking at where they have clusters, they can recognize these things in more situations.

I also don't think this is a male specific thing, plenty of women have expressed something like "the 'departure' of a man with a strong butt clad in snug denim will always grab my attention" (to paraphrase one that stuck in my mind). I would guess that a lower proportion of women's hot buttons are purely physical, but that is a while different discussion.
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #13
Blockierer
FAntastic
 
Blockierer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,164
Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
.
- breaking societal taboos
- Doing things in ones’ own way, at one’s own pace (yes, honest, it’s a hot button for me)
.
All what edx listed in his post except the feeding thing applies to me too.
And especially I like the "breaking societal taboos" and "own way of life" aspects of fat admiration. The imagination that people could find my attraction to fat women ridiculous or even perverted is thrilling for me. I love it when someone figures out that I love fat women. That is one of the reasons I post pics of me on FA/BBW sites - still hoping somebody recognises me.
Did I mention yet that I love watching pics of BBWs. And the best is I really love being an FA.
__________________
*Blockie*
Blockierer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #14
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!
 
BarbBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 2,973
BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockierer View Post
All what edx listed in his post except the feeding thing applies to me too.
And especially I like the "breaking societal taboos" and "own way of life" aspects of fat admiration. The imagination that people could find my attraction to fat women ridiculous or even perverted is thrilling for me. I love it when someone figures out that I love fat women. That is one of the reasons I post pics of me on FA/BBW sites - still hoping somebody recognises me.
Did I mention yet that I love watching pics of BBWs. And the best is I really love being an FA.
Blockierer, I see you for the Great FA you are!! People do recognize great men!! We just don't always say so!
__________________
:smitten::smitten::smitten:THERE IS NOTHING SEXIER THAN A MAN THAT LOVES BBW!!:smitten::smitten::smitten:



From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #15
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 1,048
Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

I guess I've been spoiled by being with an hourglass SSBBW for 20 years. Everything is porportionately larger. I don't know how I could ever be with another woman, let alone another body type!
__________________
-more2adore- instant fratification is where you drink one PBR and feel the sudden urge to toilet paper peoples' houses and call women "babe"
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:27 AM   #16
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
edited to fix quote box coding - mod

You men sure drive yourself crazy on the variations of fat admiring. There may be something else at play. The more specific someone feels that a woman's physical dimensions must be the more it becomes a convenient rationalization to discount and disqualify a potential partners due to fear of intimacy. Of course people have preferences, and when there is an obsessive attachment to those preferences it means a lot of great people are going to be overlooked for the shallowest of reasons, i.e., I can only be with a woman who is pear shaped.
hmm..I dont think 'fear if intimacy' is at play when people explore preferences. They can find thier 'perfect' pear who likes to dominate and indulge and be totally happy to be intimate and commit to this person. I'm sure non Fa's have their list of preferences too, they might not always be about the psysical and are usually not discounted. If you ask many of the non Fa's what they are looking for in a partner they might say; toned body, financial security within a 10 year age radius either side. I cant see how this would indicate a fear of intimacy?.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #17
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the Twilight Zone
Posts: 4,563
Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

For me, it's not a matter of anything as intellectual as 'preference': it's pure lust. I may like a woman for being intelligent, poised, charming, witty, honest, loyal, and compassionate; but when I see a fat woman, it's like having a bolt of lightning run directly from my hindbrain to my genitals.
If I meet her, I may not like her at all, but that won't diminish the physical attraction.
__________________
Now all you women,
Don't you come around
Unless you weigh
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #18
katherine22
 
katherine22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tualatin, Oregon (near Portland)
Posts: 566
katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Actually I quite disagree with this, at least in my personal case. I chose the term 'hot button' specifically. I'm not saying those were requirements or all that I liked or anything like that. By 'hot button' I meant to imply that they were specific things that would grab ones attention in an erotic sort of way. And I think the key to understanding your hot buttons is to observe yourself, without expectation or judgment. In the end it should actually help one be more open, because instead of just looking at where they have clusters, they can recognize these things in more situations.

I also don't think this is a male specific thing, plenty of women have expressed something like "the 'departure' of a man with a strong butt clad in snug denim will always grab my attention" (to paraphrase one that stuck in my mind). I would guess that a lower proportion of women's hot buttons are purely physical, but that is a while different discussion.

Men are more visual than women. We all have preferences and with experience come to understand that our preferences can get in the way at times in meeting some interesting people. What is real choice - chocolate or vanilla? If you must have chocolate because you cannot stand vanilla then that is not a choice.
__________________
"It's absurd to divide people into good and bad. People either or charming or tedious." Oscar Wilde

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #19
katherine22
 
katherine22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tualatin, Oregon (near Portland)
Posts: 566
katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
hmm..I dont think 'fear if intimacy' is at play when people explore preferences. They can find thier 'perfect' pear who likes to dominate and indulge and be totally happy to be intimate and commit to this person. I'm sure non Fa's have their list of preferences too, they might not always be about the psysical and are usually not discounted. If you ask many of the non Fa's what they are looking for in a partner they might say; toned body, financial security within a 10 year age radius either side. I cant see how this would indicate a fear of intimacy?.
Fear of intimacy is when you place exacting specifications in appraising someone and those expectations become the reason why one cannot connect to another. Fear of intimacy is when another person does not quite measure up to one's expectations; therefore one has no one in their life most of the time. Your expectations and preferences become the problem. It is great to have preferences, and I am glad that there are fat admirers, and can one put one's expectations aside in a moment of spontaneity? There is a parallel here to self-acceptance. To accept oneself as a fat person, to love oneself is to put aside a lot of expectation and judgment as to how one is suppose to be. We can become the victims of our own idealism.
__________________
"It's absurd to divide people into good and bad. People either or charming or tedious." Oscar Wilde

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #20
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,428
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Katherine: I think that your general point is good, that we need to look beyond any idealized version of a partner that we have in our mind.

But I don't get why you are pushing this issue so much in this thread. A thread specifically asking what sort of FA people are--implying what specefic type of things about a fat partner are the stongest appeals to them. By the very nature of this thread people are going to be talking about their preferences, that is whole point of the thread.

That people acknowledge they have preferences does not mean that they are incapable or unwilling to look past them.
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #21
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
Fear of intimacy is when you place exacting specifications in appraising someone and those expectations become the reason why one cannot connect to another. Fear of intimacy is when another person does not quite measure up to one's expectations; therefore one has no one in their life most of the time. Your expectations and preferences become the problem. It is great to have preferences, and I am glad that there are fat admirers, and can one put one's expectations aside in a moment of spontaneity? There is a parallel here to self-acceptance. To accept oneself as a fat person, to love oneself is to put aside a lot of expectation and judgment as to how one is suppose to be. We can become the victims of our own idealism.
I disagree. As a lesbian, if i don't give men a chance sexually is it because i am afraid of intimacy? One step further-As a lesbian Fa, if i dont give thin women a chance does this mean i am afraid of intimacy? I wont even begin on the world of fetish where 'chances' are rarely a factor if someone is to be happy.. I believe Fa to be a sexuality and i believe the type of Fa we are is a sexuality also, meaning we dont have much choice in the matter.

note:- personal comment at another poster removed - mod

Last edited by Observer; 05-01-2009 at 07:13 AM.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #22
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME
 
disconnectedsmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So Cal (562)
Posts: 1,347
disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
I have noticed that different Fa's like fat people for different reasons..eg. Because you like the feel/look of fat?.
Because you like the idea of someone who is bigger than you?.
Because you think Fat=More sensuous?.
Because its a sub/dom thing?.
Or some other reason?.

What type of Fa are you??
i'd have to say more or less the one that's bolded. i say "more or less" because, i mean, i've always been attracted to fat girls and women. always. since before i hit puberty even. it's just what i like, no rhyme or reason.
some people are born gay. i was born a (proud) FA!
__________________
i'm on formspring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #23
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!
 
BarbBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 2,973
BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
i'd have to say more or less the one that's bolded. i say "more or less" because, i mean, i've always been attracted to fat girls and women. always. since before i hit puberty even. it's just what i like, no rhyme or reason.
some people are born gay. i was born a (proud) FA!
and that is why Disconnectedsmile, you are one of my FAVORITE FA's on here!! simple and to the point
__________________
:smitten::smitten::smitten:THERE IS NOTHING SEXIER THAN A MAN THAT LOVES BBW!!:smitten::smitten::smitten:



From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #24
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME
 
disconnectedsmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So Cal (562)
Posts: 1,347
disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbBBW View Post
and that is why Disconnectedsmile, you are one of my FAVORITE FA's on here!! simple and to the point
wow...thanks! this is honestly the single sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me on this website.
thank you
__________________
i'm on formspring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #25
maxoutfa
 
maxoutfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: nevada, near Lake Tahoe
Posts: 208
maxoutfa can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Katherine: I think that your general point is good, that we need to look beyond any idealized version of a partner that we have in our mind.

But I don't get why you are pushing this issue so much in this thread. A thread specifically asking what sort of FA people are--implying what specefic type of things about a fat partner are the stongest appeals to them. By the very nature of this thread people are going to be talking about their preferences, that is whole point of the thread.

That people acknowledge they have preferences does not mean that they are incapable or unwilling to look past them.
well put. When I first saw this thread I was going to bet that someone was going to pipe up with that old saw - and of course, right on schedule...
"Oh you men - only into the visual". Too funny, as every woman I know confesses to also having preferences. But of course, only women can look past the preference... uh huh.
This kind of thing is why I don't post here very often (not that that is any great loss for all of you).

But really - this is a serious question - not only "what is your preference", but "why". I've wondered why I'm wired the way I am a billion times. Why is it that my preference is a somewhat narrow box. My preference is for curavious women (could be the survival of the species syndrome - wide hips and ample breasts equal good breeding stock), but for me lust is not exclusive to t&a. I love large shapely legs, as well as a belly - but only to a point - and that is the rub; one would think that if one is attracted to fat, then the fatter the better. But not for me. That's just the way it is for me - plump is great, morbidly obese not so (though I can see why some of you go for it - and heaven forbid, I'm not condemning SSBBW's or those who find them attractive - it's just not for me - in the same way that I don't find stretch marks attractive. Shrug.)

Physical attraction is a disconnect from the brain - you see someone walking down the street wearing one of those clingy tops that lets you see a bit of jiggle and, while you may think, "she's hot", and you may want to couple with her, you more than likely are not thinking "I want to spend the rest of my life with her". Compatability and that certain spark are far more important than your physical preference.
__________________
trying to make sense in a room full of dollars
maxoutfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.