Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-01-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
Horsemen

Horsemen has said some nice things
Default am I weird

I don't find the popular culture view of what is sexy.... sexy. I like bigger girls.... I love wide hips... especially with narrow shoulders. I love big thighs. I geuss you would say pear shaped women. Something about them drives me nuts. Am I weird or does that secretly turn on most guys.
Horsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You're weird.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #3
StrugglingWriter

StrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this board

He's right. You're weird. Embrace it! There's a girl out there who looks like that who'd love to be accepted and admired.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...d.php?t=102853
StrugglingWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

It is not a mainstream preference.

However, it's also a preference that has always been part of the human sexual experience, is much more accepted in some cultures, and has millions of people who share it even in our own culture. So you're not alone.

I agree that it's a drag to find oneself outside the norm on these things. But as problems go, it's a minor one. Indeed, the real burden is borne by BBWs and SSBBWs, who all too often internalize self-loathing as a result of society's somewhat arbitrary 'standards' of beauty. Just pursue your preference and enjoy it.
choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
Sunshine_Fette

Sunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 clubSunshine_Fette is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by choudhury View Post
It is not a mainstream preference.

However, it's also a preference that has always been part of the human sexual experience, is much more accepted in some cultures, and has millions of people who share it even in our own culture. So you're not alone.

I agree that it's a drag to find oneself outside the norm on these things. But as problems go, it's a minor one. Indeed, the real burden is borne by BBWs and SSBBWs, who all too often internalize self-loathing as a result of society's somewhat arbitrary 'standards' of beauty. Just pursue your preference and enjoy it.
This is the best response!
Sunshine_Fette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:16 PM   #6
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes you're weird. But so is the rest of the world. Don't always believe what the television, media, social networks, and so on want you to think. We're all imperfect after all. And that's a good thing.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #7
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I agree that it's a drag to find oneself outside the norm on these things.
It has its compensations, though: it's easier to meet the women you're most interested in when the other guys are all drooling over someone else.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:09 PM   #8
Luv Gaining Ladies

Luv Gaining Ladies has said some nice things

I watch the rest of the world drool over Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson, etc. I just think, "Meh." They don't do a thing for me. Give me a beautiful woman with thick curves - or hell, a fatass woman with lots of thickness on her. Star Jones at nearly any weight - now that's what I'm talking about.

I saw Pitch Perfect (and its much better sequel) with my wife. It's full of skinny, perky women - obvious eye candy. Needless to say, the only one I watched at all was Rebel Wilson. (Bonus points because she's smart, too.)
Luv Gaining Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #9
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Gaining Ladies View Post
I watch the rest of the world drool over Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson, etc. I just think, "Meh." They don't do a thing for me. Give me a beautiful woman with thick curves - or hell, a fatass woman with lots of thickness on her. Star Jones at nearly any weight - now that's what I'm talking about.

I saw Pitch Perfect (and its much better sequel) with my wife. It's full of skinny, perky women - obvious eye candy. Needless to say, the only one I watched at all was Rebel Wilson. (Bonus points because she's smart, too.)
It's always bugged me that normal guys swim in a media sea of women they rate as hot and sexy; FAs hardly ever see anyone in film or TV or magazines that they would rate that way. I remember when January Jones's character on Mad Men started 'gaining weight' via a fat suit - it was the first time that I actually noticed what a total knockout she is! Before that I'd basically been oblivious.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #10
GoodDaySir

GoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized repGoodDaySir has super-sized rep

Quote:
It's always bugged me that normal guys swim in a media sea of women they rate as hot and sexy; FAs hardly ever see anyone in film or TV or magazines that they would rate that way. I remember when January Jones's character on Mad Men started 'gaining weight' via a fat suit - it was the first time that I actually noticed what a total knockout she is! Before that I'd basically been oblivious.
It bugs me that you refer to non-FAs as "normal guys"
GoodDaySir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:46 AM   #11
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemen View Post
I don't find the popular culture view of what is sexy.... sexy. I like bigger girls.... I love wide hips... especially with narrow shoulders. I love big thighs. I geuss you would say pear shaped women. Something about them drives me nuts. Am I weird or does that secretly turn on most guys.
Liking bigger girls is an addiction. There are currently no approved therapies available. One effective way to reduce withdrawal symptoms is dating a fat girl.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #12
choudhury

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDaySir View Post
It bugs me that you refer to non-FAs as "normal guys"
OK, amend that to "guys with mainstream preferences." Even better would be "normalized preferences."
Old 12-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #13
Luv Gaining Ladies

Luv Gaining Ladies has said some nice things

Quote:
I'll let the "normal guys" thing slide since I willingly admit I'm anything but normal, but for me, it's the fact that those skinny women are crammed down our throats as what is factually sexy while any women we like are dismissed as ugly and those who like them are looked down upon.

I once commented to a fellow law student that I found Star Jones attractive, and she pretty much stopped short of calling me a weirdo through her nose.
Luv Gaining Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #14
choudhury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Gaining Ladies View Post
I'll let the "normal guys" thing slide since I willingly admit I'm anything but normal, but for me, it's the fact that those skinny women are crammed down our throats as what is factually sexy while any women we like are dismissed as ugly and those who like them are looked down upon.

I once commented to a fellow law student that I found Star Jones attractive, and she pretty much stopped short of calling me a weirdo through her nose.
Right. There's an imposed homogeneity out there; better put, a hegemonic conception of what's 'sexy.' But it must be nice to be non-FA and see stunning sexiness splashed all over TV and movies, non-stop. In the pre-internet world, which I'm sad to say I'm old enough to remember, even FA erotica was hard to find.

My first gf called me weird - not in a joking way, either - when I told her I was attracted to her body as it was because I liked her type of build. I found that response humiliating, and it made me pretty gun-shy to be vocal about my preferences thereafter, unfortunately (not that I ever let it discourage me from dating BBWs, not at all).
Old 12-12-2015, 07:21 AM   #15
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
This seems pretty true as near as I can figure. There are exceptions and I dated a couple. A confident woman is a beautiful thing, and really noteworthy if she's a confident BBW. It seemed a lot of the BBWs I dated had their defenses up. They'd been the victims of someone just trying to "bang a fat chick" then move on or the object of someone's fetish. It took some serious patience and communication skills to break through those defenses and in some cases I never did. Which is fine because it all led me to the woman I'm married to today. But it hasn't been without its frustrations.

Regarding my wife, I've realized there will never be the level of self-appreciation that I wish she'd have until she brings herself down to a weight level she feels more comfortable in. There are two take-aways with this realization: 1) It's my cross to bear as an FA with a BBW wife. Being married to this woman is an absolute privilege but it doesn't come without emotional issues stemming from weight and this is something I have to accept and 2) It's vital to support her when she embarks on her weight loss efforts again. She did well and dropped over 120 pounds at one point. Then one thing after another derailed her and she gained a lot of that back. As of now she's in a "why bother" state of mind until after the New Year, but I know she wants to hit it hard again in January. And when she does it'll be time to put my own preferences aside and embrace what's important to her. It does her no good to lose weight and for me to say stuff like, "I'm happy for you but I liked you better fat." Nope. I have to sincerely get on board with her and I will.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #16
TwoSwords

TwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemen View Post
Depends what you mean by "weird." If by "weird," you mean "not like 50+% of people, the answer is "yes." If, on the other hand, you mean it in a negative context, the answer is "no." There's nothing wrong with feeling that way.

As an aside, I've closed my eyes during TV shows from time to time myself, and actually found myself more able to sympathize with the characters, so there you go.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #17
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamptoad View Post
Yes you're weird. But so is the rest of the world. Don't always believe what the television, media, social networks, and so on want you to think. We're all imperfect after all. And that's a good thing.
Mr Toad you are so right.
I don't follow anyone I take my own path.
Pay no attention to 99.5 of stupid people on Face book.
Not on instagram, twitter,reddit or linkedin.
Those sites are a waste of time and full of idiots with not enough sense to blow their nose.

OH and Horsemen you are very weird LOL
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote