Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #151
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I confess that in watching Family Matters today, I'm pretty sure the first time I heard the term bbw was in the episode penny wise pound foolish in the late 90s. lol

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #152
UnknownSpirit01
King of the ______

UnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillking12 View Post
IC that i cant concentrate when ever an attractive big girl comes into my job at the record store. i could be in the middle of helping a customer and i see one walk in and i always stop and take a second to look. I know its bad but in the Immortal words of James Brown "i just cant help myself!"

IC also that i sometimes go out of the way to help those big girls a little more than other customers but i try to be equal. lol
Same here dude!
IC- I work at a grocery store and sometimes if I see a nice and plump girl looking through the shelves, I'll definitely ask her if she needs help with anything. Needless to say I wouldn't help anyone else, I'm a nice guy in general and will help anyone in need of it, but "fatter" woman I'll help a bit more XD
Old 07-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #153
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC that I express traits of a closet FFA. I grouped men into the ones I like to have physical relationships with and the ones I liked doing everything else with. However, considering I'm a total fag hag and a bit of a loner may have something to do with it.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #154
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

I thought this thread existed.

IC that I am so immensely jealous of so-called "bi-sizual" FAs.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #155
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
I thought this thread existed.

IC that I am so immensely jealous of so-called "bi-sizual" FAs.

May I ask why?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #156
snuffy2000
\(дಠ)/

snuffy2000 makes people happy simply by logging insnuffy2000 makes people happy simply by logging insnuffy2000 makes people happy simply by logging insnuffy2000 makes people happy simply by logging insnuffy2000 makes people happy simply by logging insnuffy2000 makes people happy simply by logging insnuffy2000 makes people happy simply by logging insnuffy2000 makes people happy simply by logging in

IC that when my significant others get self conscious about their weight I start to feel bad too. I sometimes wish there was a way to communicate feelings through other means than just words and actions. When someone wants to cuddle and they feel they're going to hurt me if they put a little more than minimum pressure, all I can really say is "Don't worry, it doesn't hurt me" or "It's actually really comfortable".
snuffy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #157
Christov
On Timeout

Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy2000 View Post
IC that when my significant others get self conscious about their weight I start to feel bad too. I sometimes wish there was a way to communicate feelings through other means than just words and actions. When someone wants to cuddle and they feel they're going to hurt me if they put a little more than minimum pressure, all I can really say is "Don't worry, it doesn't hurt me" or "It's actually really comfortable".
This.

Ladies, we're not made of glass.
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #158
PunkyGurly74
History wonkette

PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
This.

Ladies, we're not made of glass.

I think some of the reluctance of pressing our weight on someone is usually a past history of those who did not accept us combined with the constant awareness of our weight. I'm a very big girl and tall, I have weighed less over the years but, I have always been hyper aware of my body space and touching others.

I cannot speak for every SSBBW/BBW. I personally avoid instances that would require them supporting the majority or a lot of my weight. I do worry about hurting you boys. I know ...sounds silly...however, I am known not to be the most graceful girl :: giggling:: And man, that just makes a horrible impression - being remembered as the only girl to physically hurt you (in a bad way not the good kind hehe)

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean. Do ya?
PunkyGurly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:09 AM   #159
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
May I ask why?
Was just having my quarterly crisis of FA-dom, that's all.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #160
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

IC - that even if I got my driver`s licence I would still take transit, just to see the ladies on the bus or subway.

IC - I am pissed off at myself, that I should have mentioned or maybe tried to small talk with ladies on the subway, but knowing it could just cause a horrible awkward public situation, I hold myself back.

IC - I am even more pissed off at myself, that I cannot "chop" girls like my friend`s do while at College, and that my best friend since kindergarten scored a very hot thick chick.

I also created a thread to deal with something like this - http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=77530
Kenster102.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 AM   #161
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

IC that how I feel about being an FA has pretty much only gone downhill since the initial awesomeness of "the internet."

and

IC that I wish this forum section had more posts and more meaningful discussions like the BBW board tends to have.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #162
Chomskyesque

Chomskyesque has said some nice things

I confess to hoping that BBW customers order lots of food.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #163
BitsySpider

BitsySpider can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post

IC that I wish this forum section had more posts and more meaningful discussions like the BBW board tends to have.

IC that I absolutely and 100% agree

IC that I wish I could find another FFA (or even an FA) who also has an eating disorder and understands how it constantly conflicts with this preference so I no longer feel like a complete freak all the time
BitsySpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #164
BlueBurning
On Timeout

BlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this boardBlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this boardBlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this boardBlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this boardBlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this board

I confess I feel like a horrible human being occasionally for liking how my partner looks when she is not happy with her body.
BlueBurning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #165
BitsySpider

IC that even though this section is supposedly aimed for both FAs AND FFAs, it annoys me to no end that all questions seem geared toward FAs a majority of the time and a female must first identify herself as such before answering.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #166
Lightning Man
Lover of Voluptuousness

Lightning Man can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitsySpider View Post
IC that even though this section is supposedly aimed for both FAs AND FFAs, it annoys me to no end that all questions seem geared toward FAs a majority of the time and a female must first identify herself as such before answering.
I don't know that it is a policy thing so much as the FA section of membership tends to lean toward males.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #167
BitsySpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Man View Post
I don't know that it is a policy thing so much as the FA section of membership tends to lean toward males.
I certainly don't think its policy more than 'that's just the way it is', which seems really unfair as here and the BMH/FFA boards are really the only place nonBBW women are really encouraged to post about their preferences and it feels as though their opinions and experiences really don't matter which is frustrating when there's already very few places for us to begin with.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #168
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The FA/FFA board does seem to be more male dominated, it may be because more men seem to have a difficult time coming to terms with their attraction for some reason. I don't know that I've ever seen a closeted FFA, though there have been some who were thin and felt somewhat superior and it took some time for them to become accepted be the larger group.

The BHM/FFA board on the other hand is almost a dating site, look how many relationships are started over there. The atmosphere is fairly lighthearted in most cases.

As far as thin women not being allowed to post wherever that isn't true but some of the size related boards do require being sensitive to the needs of women of size.
Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #169
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dimensions did start as an FFA/BBW site, and I think that has carried over, even though it does welcome everyone these days. Originally BHM and FFA sort of lurked around the edges of things, not generally feeling welcome, and in response the BHM/FFA board was created, to make a home for them.

The danger in making a seperate board, of course, is that it can be a safe shelter, or a bit of a ghetto. I'm really glad with how well the BHM/FFA board has grown (I recall when there was not always a new post every day!). Many members of the BHM/FFA board are active on other parts of the site, too. But you are absolutely correct that the other boards tend to assume by default that posters are male FA or else are BBW.

Having said that, I think this board is pretty accepting of FFA, despite not always thinking of them. That is, I don't recall FFA ever being shushed or shunned, or anything like that. It is more that the male FA majority of posters often doesn't think about the female FA minority of posters, and the topics and language reflect that. I do see how that can be alienating, but please understand that it is more negligence than malice.

I don't know that there is any easy solution. In the longer term, the more FFA who post here, the more people will get used to it, but I suppose that could be a bit chicken / egg? Why post if you don't feel people are listening / how do you get people to think of you if you don't post?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #170
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I certainly don't think its policy more than 'that's just the way it is', which seems really unfair as here and the BMH/FFA boards are really the only place nonBBW women are really encouraged to post about their preferences and it feels as though their opinions and experiences really don't matter which is frustrating when there's already very few places for us to begin with.
Have you tried reading through some of the stuff on the BHM board? That has a totally different feel, and a large participation by FFA emembers.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #171
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There's plenty of love for thin FFAs on the BHM boards but to imply or suggest there be a BBW-free zone is not going to happen on this site. LOL

The only time I've ever seen any conflicts were when some BHMs said (and I think even posted a pic of a sign) 'fatties go home' (or something similarly ignorant) or when a new thin FFA opens a thread from time to time that runs along the lines of HAI GUYZ! DO YOU LIKE FAT GIRLZ OR THIN GIRLZ BETTEH? because it creates division.

Those of us who are BBW who like big guys and are also regulars here love our thinner counterparts but none of us (fat or thin) tolerate divisive shenanigans either.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #172
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There have also been times where male FA have made dismissive comments about thin women, which can be quite hurtful to thin FFA. However the guys who make those comments generally have the error of their ways pointed out to them swiftly and in some detail. Those who survive the process generally know better afterwards ;-)
Old 07-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #173
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
There have also been times where male FA have made dismissive comments about thin women, which can be quite hurtful to thin FFA. However the guys who make those comments generally have the error of their ways pointed out to them swiftly and in some detail. Those who survive the process generally know better afterwards ;-)
Even BBW's who make disparaging remarks about 'skinny bitches' aren't well tolerated either.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 07-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #174
BitsySpider

@Casting Pearls, I hope I didn't imply that I wished for there to be a place for ONLY nonBBWs to post, as I entirely see how that's unfair, so I apologize if my post did come across that way. I simply felt that to be a thin FFA was somehow not as accepted or cared about enough to be heard-I think someone used the word alienating which sums it up quite nicely I think. I do realize its unintentional so I don't go around hating the board, it is just sometimes frustrating to experience, especially since even though I am not a BBW I do share a lot of the same self esteem and body acceptance issues that are sometimes posted in the general are (of course I don't mean to say all BBWs have trouble accepting their bodies but I do see its a topic that's posted from time to time when wanting to discuss how women have made the journey to accept themselves) and I feel like I would be a fraud if I were to answer because people would be less than likely to believe a thin person could feel so damn uncomfortable with themselves all the time.

Sorry for the rant and if I came off as rude. I do want to thank everyone else who posted however. I do lurk in the BHM/FFA part of the forum quite often and am attempting to post more. It often seems many of the topics are very flirty in nature which is uncomfortable as I already have a partner, but I suppose I can't expect a forum to cater to my needs.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #175
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
@Casting Pearls, I hope I didn't imply that I wished for there to be a place for ONLY nonBBWs to post, as I entirely see how that's unfair, so I apologize if my post did come across that way. I simply felt that to be a thin FFA was somehow not as accepted or cared about enough to be heard-I think someone used the word alienating which sums it up quite nicely I think. I do realize its unintentional so I don't go around hating the board, it is just sometimes frustrating to experience, especially since even though I am not a BBW I do share a lot of the same self esteem and body acceptance issues that are sometimes posted in the general are (of course I don't mean to say all BBWs have trouble accepting their bodies but I do see its a topic that's posted from time to time when wanting to discuss how women have made the journey to accept themselves) and I feel like I would be a fraud if I were to answer because people would be less than likely to believe a thin person could feel so damn uncomfortable with themselves all the time.

Sorry for the rant and if I came off as rude. I do want to thank everyone else who posted however. I do lurk in the BHM/FFA part of the forum quite often and am attempting to post more. It often seems many of the topics are very flirty in nature which is uncomfortable as I already have a partner, but I suppose I can't expect a forum to cater to my needs.
I didn't take offense and didn't think you meant anything maliciously, but FTR, Bitsy, re your post further upthread, there are some here who have eating disorders too and would recognize and possibly be supportive or encouraging to someone else who's struggling regardless of size.

Thin FFA's ARE posting on other boards, btw.

That's not to say that someone might not get offended; people are people and have their own issues to deal with but it shouldn't be a reason for you to not reach out especially since your posts are thoughtful. I'd like to think you belong here and have something to offer.

If it's any consolation, there are a lot of people here, BBW, SSBBW, BHM, etc., and thin and fat FAs who feel alienated for one reason or another. You're not alone in that regard but it seems the ones who give it a fair shot and try to mingle are the ones with the most success.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me