Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 03-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #8101
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Bit of a mixed one. My director (and direct manager) is leaving the company in two weeks. I really donít blame him; our VP hired him as a Director, but treated him more like a staff engineer. (no fault of my direct boss, it is just the nature of our VP to delegate and communicate sparingly).

Mostly Iím happy: happy for my boss (heís a nice guy, wasnít happy with the situation here, and is excited about where he is going), and happy that it probably gives me more job security here (there isnít a ton of QA work to do at the moment tbh, but still we need someone in this are). And for that matter hopefully he'd provide a decent job reference if I look at leaving or get laid off if things fall apart here.

But it is also a bit sad because, as I said, my boss is a nice guy. He's also very knowledgeable and quite patient, and Iíll miss him. It is also a reflection of the fact that the company Iím at is quite openly trying to sell itself, and nobody knows what that will mean for anyone here (or if weíll manage to do so, and what happens if we donít), and in that way it is an unpleasant reminder of the uncertainties.
Any opportunity for you to move up?
Old 03-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #8102
LumpySmile

LumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging inLumpySmile makes people happy simply by logging in

Uncertainty is always unpleasant, Tad. I feel ya.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of QA do you do? I was a mechanical inspector and NDT technician for over a decade
LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #8103
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's the weekend and I'm not on call at work, meaning no one's calling me to whine that something's not working!!!
Old 03-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #8104
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Being able to purchase bread on the day before a big winter storm hits!

BTW, there was water, bread, and milk at the store, but not 2lb boxes of sugar, candy, chips, and bologna. It seems the college students don't know how to prepare to be bunkered down.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #8105
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post

BTW, there was water, bread, and milk at the store, but not 2lb boxes of sugar, candy, chips, and bologna. It seems the college students don't know how to prepare to be bunkered down.
Let's just say that college students bunker down differently than you or I. There were probably some empty shelves at the liquor store, too.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #8106
Rojodi

Karma!

There was a "Trump Rally" at the mall entrance. As I walking past, the assembled started to chant "Build that wall," when an SUV hit a puddle and splashed them, followed by another.

I chuckled. One told me to "zip it or I'll call ICE." I laughed harder and told him that that was funny, since I carry a Haudenosaunee passport. Another spoke, "Those Mexican passports won't keep you here."

I shook my head, put my headphones back on and went to Starbucks.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #8107
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Went to the dog park with a close friend. I took my roommates dog, who had a blast and wore herself out. And I got a tasty burrito after.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:43 AM   #8108
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
Went to the dog park with a close friend. I took my roommates dog, who had a blast and wore herself out. And I got a tasty burrito after.
That sounds justin about perfect
Old 03-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #8109
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Karma!

There was a "Trump Rally" at the mall entrance. As I walking past, the assembled started to chant "Build that wall," when an SUV hit a puddle and splashed them, followed by another.

I chuckled. One told me to "zip it or I'll call ICE." I laughed harder and told him that that was funny, since I carry a Haudenosaunee passport. Another spoke, "Those Mexican passports won't keep you here."

I shook my head, put my headphones back on and went to Starbucks.
For those who don't get the reference: The Haudenosaunee are the tribe more famously known as the Iroquois.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #8110
Rojodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
For those who don't get the reference: The Haudenosaunee are the tribe more famously known as the Iroquois.
Not a tribe, but a confederacy of five, then six nations - (east to west) Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, and Tuscarora (entered in the 1790s)

The passports are recognized in North America and most of Europe, except in Great Britain, because they're upset they lost US and Canada.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #8111
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Not a tribe, but a confederacy of five, then six nations - (east to west) Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, and Tuscarora (entered in the 1790s)

The passports are recognized in North America and most of Europe, except in Great Britain, because they're upset they lost US and Canada.
Recognised for what, though? Entry to the country? Because they don't entitle you to consular services.... and can't be used to apply for visas.

Good aboriginal ID, I suppose.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #8112
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Quote:

My apologies, I mistyped. Thank you for the correction.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #8113
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Recognised for what, though? Entry to the country? Because they don't entitle you to consular services.... and can't be used to apply for visas.

It varies, to be honest. Usually, there's no issue, but sometimes, well, sometimes passport holders wind up stranded in other countries for a while because someone insists on a set list of documents.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #8114
Rojodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post

It allows us ease into and out of Canada, especially through St Regis/Akwesasne
It allows for ease into several Canadian reserves
It allowed me to be able to attend a memorial service in Kahnawake for a relative.

Yes, it just means I am Native/First Nation, but it shows I am more American than those "Mayflower Descendants"
Old 03-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #8115
Rojodi

Oh, and it allows me to bring MORE beer into the US without having to pay import taxes and fees, like two cases instead of one LOL
Old 03-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #8116
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Oh, and it allows me to bring MORE beer into the US without having to pay import taxes and fees, like two cases instead of one LOL
I admire someone who keeps his priorities straight.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #8117
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Goddamnit it, I already repped you, but that is awesome.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:20 PM   #8118
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
Goddamnit it, I already repped you, but that is awesome.
I got him for you!! Repped!
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #8119
Kristal

Kristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging in

That I have Sunday off

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #8120
Rojodi

The sun came out for a half hour while I was walking. I got some tanning in
Old 04-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #8121
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Got copper mugs for Moscow mules. Yummy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170401_203944.jpg (107.9 KB, 61 views)
Old 04-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #8122
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
It allows us ease into and out of Canada, especially through St Regis/Akwesasne
It allows for ease into several Canadian reserves
It allowed me to be able to attend a memorial service in Kahnawake for a relative.

Yes, it just means I am Native/First Nation, but it shows I am more American than those "Mayflower Descendants"
Interesting stuff. I would have thought it was only valid at border crossings on reserves, not at other Canada/US crossings. I suppose it counts as 'enhanced ID', since a passport is still required at land crossings between Canada and the USA, only an 'enhanced ID'.

Thanks for explaining!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #8123
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Got accepted into the program i wanted (online, so i can keep working)
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #8124
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Got accepted into the program i wanted (online, so i can keep working)
Congrats!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #8125
Rojodi

It's sunny and in the 70s.

Tags
anal warts, happy, opera bhm