Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 04-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #8126
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post
It's sunny and in the 70s.
Yes it is! Spring has sprung!
Old 04-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #8127
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It rained, it was in the 40s with gusts of icy wind.

I put a bevel on a builders bucket trowel and sharpened it up. I now have a burger flipper that doesn't bend like a wet noodle when i make smashburgers.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:15 AM   #8128
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
It rained, it was in the 40s with gusts of icy wind.

I put a bevel on a builders bucket trowel and sharpened it up. I now have a burger flipper that doesn't bend like a wet noodle when i make smashburgers.

Personally I prefer to sous vide cook a 2/3rd or 3/4 lb (1/3 kilo) burger at like 133 or 135 f (57ish c) and then sear it in a cast iron skillet with help of a blowtorch to really get a good char. I do find it amusing that two fat men both use construction tools (or plumbing tools I guess for the torch) for cooking hamburgers. Though the blowtorch is actually more helpful for steaks than burgers. I find the cast iron contributes more to the sear on burgers than the torch, but it's fun to use.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #8129
AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Personally I prefer to sous vide cook a 2/3rd or 3/4 lb (1/3 kilo) burger at like 133 or 135 f (57ish c) and then sear it in a cast iron skillet with help of a blowtorch to really get a good char. I do find it amusing that two fat men both use construction tools (or plumbing tools I guess for the torch) for cooking hamburgers. Though the blowtorch is actually more helpful for steaks than burgers. I find the cast iron contributes more to the sear on burgers than the torch, but it's fun to use.
That sounds like a lot of work. 5 Guys anyone?
Old 04-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #8130
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynn View Post
That sounds like a lot of work. 5 Guys anyone?
Sous vide is set it and forget it and the cast iron sear takes all of 45 seconds per side of the burger. You don't have to monitor or check temperatures. It's actually very easy plus I get to play with fire. Five guys is good but I really like a more rare/medium rare burger personally.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:09 AM   #8131
AmandaLynn

Quote:
Sous vide is set it and forget it and the cast iron sear takes all of 45 seconds per side of the burger. You don't have to monitor or check temperatures. It's actually very easy plus I get to play with fire. Five guys is good but I really like a more rare/medium rare burger personally.
See, I to like rare to medium rare steak, but the burger has to be at least medium. If it's too rare, the other fixin's on the burger get soggy, especially the bread. Nobody likes soggy buns, okay, that sounds funny, but nobody likes soggy buns.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #8132
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
See, I to like rare to medium rare steak, but the burger has to be at least medium. If it's too rare, the other fixin's on the burger get soggy, especially the bread. Nobody likes soggy buns, okay, that sounds funny, but nobody likes soggy buns.
That's why I opt for more substantial buns. Kaiser roll is appropriate for a 2/3 lb or bigger burger.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:45 AM   #8133
AmandaLynn

Quote:
That's why I opt for more substantial buns. Kaiser roll is appropriate for a 2/3 lb or bigger burger.
Doesn't everyone in Dims love at least substantial buns, I mean I have seen some buns in here that make the word substantial an understatement.

Ok, for real now.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but... too much bread
Old 04-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #8134
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Doesn't everyone in Dims love at least substantial buns, I mean I have seen some buns in here that make the word substantial an understatement.

Ok, for real now.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but... too much bread
Nah, with an uncompressed 3/4 lb burger a Kaiser roll is the right amount of bread. The smaller standard soft buns feel like nothing on a burger that size.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #8135
traceg

traceg has super-sized reptraceg has super-sized reptraceg has super-sized reptraceg has super-sized rep

Geez now i want a big ass burger!
traceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #8136
AmandaLynn

Quote:
Nah, with an uncompressed 3/4 lb burger a Kaiser roll is the right amount of bread. The smaller standard soft buns feel like nothing on a burger that size.
You'll have to make me a few
Old 04-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #8137
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

My hospital escapade over the last week appears to be over for now at least. Got me some medication and I'm going to put myself on a diet (though not TOO shrinking of one), then a check up in a couple of months.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #8138
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Got copper mugs for Moscow mules. Yummy.
Gotta love a beverage that calls itself "Spectacular Ginger Beer".

Now I just have to figure out where to get some....
Old 04-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #8139
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Your Kaiser buns must be smaller than ours. How big across is your Kaiser (or the 3/4 lb burger going into it)?
Old 04-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #8140
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Gotta love a beverage that calls itself "Spectacular Ginger Beer".

Now I just have to figure out where to get some....
Q beverages are in the drink mixer section of supermarkets not the soda aisle. I ordered this on Amazon though. Their ginger beer is excellent, not overly sweet and very spicy. Sweetened with agave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Your Kaiser buns must be smaller than ours. How big across is your Kaiser (or the 3/4 lb burger going into it)?
I never measured but sous vide burgers shrink way less than other cooking methods.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #8141
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
My hospital escapade over the last week appears to be over for now at least. Got me some medication and I'm going to put myself on a diet (though not TOO shrinking of one), then a check up in a couple of months.
Great news! (I mean, it is all a giant aggravation I'm sure, but compared to the alternatives -- great news!).

Wishing you all the speed and success in getting past this, and patience and strength on the not-too-shrinking diet.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #8142
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Brief, albeit frustrating, writer's block is over.

Also...

The warm weather over the last few days, the short skirts that came out
The wind that, well,
Old 04-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #8143
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

LONG WEEKEND.

Gets me away from that fucking terrible job for a few days. Hopefully the bf is in the mood to put out.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #8144
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
LONG WEEKEND.

Gets me away from that fucking terrible job for a few days. Hopefully the bf is in the mood to put out.
Amen to all of that, sister!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #8145
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yah, thank goodness for a long weekend!
Old 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #8146
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Amen to all of that, sister!
I seriously hope your job situation is getting better, because mine hasn't improved at all. The extra credentials don't seem to make a difference.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #8147
Tad
mostly harmless

Because this is the happy thread, I'll just say that I've enjoyed not having to pack a lunch on the days of all the good-bye lunches of departing co-workers this year, although as we've already lost something like 10% of the company I'm not sure if we can keep this pace up ...
Old 04-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #8148
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I think I may have gotten a little sunburned today on my walk just glad it's sunny and warm.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #8149
AmandaLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
I think I may have gotten a little sunburned today on my walk just glad it's sunny and warm.

I need to get some color as well.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #8150
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Its always best to toast your buns a little if you like your burgers rare to medium.
Depends on how much other stuff you put on them as well.
Soggy buns are not good.LOL
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anal warts, happy, opera bhm