Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 05-05-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Homophobic pastor and daughter banned from the UK!! YAY!

I saw a louis theroux documentary about these guys a while ago, their church are a bunch of freaks and do stuff like have anti gay protests outside the funerals of dead soldiers and aids victims. They have been banned from the UK! yay!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090505/...d-dba1618.html
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I sure wish we could ban them from the US too.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

This pleased me greatly
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ah yes, Fred Phelps. Kicking and screaming his way to the top of God's "mistake" list.
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. The test of a first rate wallpaper is to wipe clean easily when the previous fails.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm glad they banned them there and not here. Free speech doesn't exist as we (USA people) know it in the UK and Europe. It's a slippery slope and the UK has been hurtling down full speed for decades. Definitely a police state.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, over here gay people have the same rights as straight people unlike in America. If you had a Family member who had died of aids or even in Iraq and these people protested at their funeral wouldnt you even be tempted to tell them to shut the fuck up??
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm of two minds about free speech. Things like funerals should definitely be a private matter, and nothing good ever seems to come out of the hate spew of Phelps and others like him, but there's no hard solid line to the distinction of right and wrong in these matters. So I suppose it's better to let the assholes show what assholes they are than deny everybody. Like Michael Douglas says, "America is advanced citizenship."
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. The test of a first rate wallpaper is to wipe clean easily when the previous fails.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Well, over here gay people have the same rights as straight people unlike in America. If you had a Family member who had died of aids or even in Iraq and these people protested at their funeral wouldnt you even be tempted to tell them to shut the fuck up??
I wouldn't be tempted; I would tell them to shut the fuck up. With my fists, and would completely understand why my actions put me in jail.

That said, I believe that Phelps and his clan of inbred hate mongers has the right to say whatever ass-backwards shite they want.

The cool thing is that the folks that come out to roust these assholes range from gay activists to Presbyterian soccer moms to biker groups. Can you imagine a more diverse group banded together to fight ignorance?

Banning speech of any kind isn't a "slippery slope"; it is a sheer drop.

To the OP: Louis Theroux rocks! I have a serious Platonic man-crush on that guy.
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:21 AM   #9
mergirl

See, i think people should be allowed to say what they like and i am very pro-freedom of speach. I would have to draw the line at an actual 'protest' especially at the funeral of someone i loved. I think if the freedom of speach is one which messes with my friends, family and civil rights i should be allowed the freedom to remove said speakers from my line of hearing-with force in necessary. Maby we can amend the rights to freedom of speach but freedom not to 'have' to hear too! lol.
I think what people can say depends also on the country. For example, my swedish friend says that in Stockholme there are neo-nazi's who will shout at gay people, black people..well anyone they decide to hate really. I was kinna perplexed because i would have thought the citizens of stolkholme wouldn't let this happen. I know, if neo-nazi's stood in George Square in Glasgow whey would by VERY forcably removed be the people who live in Glasgow. I am wondering how much the people of a country decide what they are prepared they want to listen to. This goes both ways of course, ie. some countries banning gay rights marches etc.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
mergirl

and this is his radio response.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTpQA0NwXZw
Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
GWARrior

GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleghost View Post
I'm of two minds about free speech. Things like funerals should definitely be a private matter, and nothing good ever seems to come out of the hate spew of Phelps and others like him, but there's no hard solid line to the distinction of right and wrong in these matters. So I suppose it's better to let the assholes show what assholes they are than deny everybody. Like Michael Douglas says, "America is advanced citizenship."
This. Freedom of speech means freedom of speech for EVERYONE no matter how ridiculous they are. We just have to remember that some people are jerks and should be ignored.
GWARrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #12
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWARrior View Post
This. Freedom of speech means freedom of speech for EVERYONE no matter how ridiculous they are. We just have to remember that some people are jerks and should be ignored.
Words hold a lot of power though. I dont think he was banned because of the things he actually said but because of the potential for him to insite violence. Hitler didn't actually kill anyone but he was a powerful aurator who inspired a lot of people with his hate speaches. Hate speach with violent intent combined with a dissafected nation can be a horrible combination. Its not just that he is homophobic or hates gay people, he actually talkes about ways of getting rid of them. I think words can be just as powerful if not more so than violent acts. I'm glad he is not allowed anywhere near my country to spew his propaganda..though because of the internet people can still listen to him anyway and take inspiration if they so desire.. so it probably wont make any real difference that he has been banned anyway, save for the fact the UK are seen not to encourage gay bashers.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

I understand the "slippery slope to a police state" argument, and I am all in favour of free speech. However, it's not like they're UK citizens we're kicking out of the country - in this case, I don't think the UK should have to allow entry to people who are open about their intention to incite hatred and protest at funerals.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
I understand the "slippery slope to a police state" argument, and I am all in favour of free speech. However, it's not like they're UK citizens we're kicking out of the country - in this case, I don't think the UK should have to allow entry to people who are open about their intention to incite hatred and protest at funerals.
Crap, completely missed the "they're not UK citizens" angle. Play on, then!
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I believe Phelps and his church have the right to believe and say whatever the hell they want most of the time.. however, I feel like protesting at a funeral should be considered abuse of freedom of speech.. it seems like they're jepordizing others civil rights.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #16
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

I saw them on Jeremy Kyle. lol
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 AM   #17
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I saw them on Jeremy Kyle. lol
seriously? Ok. They lose all arguments then! lmao
Personally, i think we should ban all people who have been guests on the jeremy Kyle show from entering the country.!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #18
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
Crap, completely missed the "they're not UK citizens" angle. Play on, then!
Yay! .. i was kinna wondering about this.. cause i have heard of people who are refused entry into the U.S cause they were at peace protests in the 70's! My friend's dad got refused entry because he went to court when he was 25 because of unpaid parking tickets!
I'm not sure we could actually throw people out, who actually were UK citizens. I'm not sure how we would deal with people like that..They would probably just mysteriously go missing in the night! lol
Old 05-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #19
Fangs
AmateurArt

Fangs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFangs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

All I know is that I'm attending his funeral and figuring out a way to have a massive gay lesbian orgy on top of his tomb.
Fangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:08 AM   #20
ToniTails
"so FLUFFY!"

ToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging in

as much as these people piss me off, I can't say that it's a good thing to necessarily ban them from the U.S. - once people start telling people they can't say what they want things can go down hill very quickly--- still it's fun to see them banned- made me smile-

now if only there were free kicking rights! I'd kick 'em up 'n' down the highway!
Old 05-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #21
collared Princess

collared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticed

Freedom of speech is one thing but to show up at a funeral to act like an ass..thats just horrible..but hey when people loose someone they tend to have high emotions maybe he will(they will)get the tar beat out of them by a morning father.... that would be justice
collared Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #22
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 toni lynn 00 View Post
as much as these people piss me off, I can't say that it's a good thing to necessarily ban them from the U.S. - once people start telling people they can't say what they want things can go down hill very quickly--- still it's fun to see them banned- made me smile-

now if only there were free kicking rights! I'd kick 'em up 'n' down the highway!
There not getting banned from the U.S, just the UK. To be totally honest i think it is a bit silly to ban some 'shock jock' from here, it will actually give him more publicity and we will end up footing the bill when he sucessfully sues us. Though, it does make me kinna happy that the UK have at least tried to stand up to his crap. If he protested outside an aids victim's funeral here i'm sure he would be banned from living anyway.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #23
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangs View Post
All I know is that I'm attending his funeral and figuring out a way to have a massive gay lesbian orgy on top of his tomb.
Now, thats something i would pay money to see!