Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: what do you consider your FAism?
fetish 13 17.33%
preference 51 68.00%
'alt.' lifestyle 0 0%
other 11 14.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #51
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Bingo! Reading this thread reminds me of the parable of the blind men and the elephant -- everyone describes a part of "it" but no one description captures the reality. The map is not the terrain, the definition is not the thing being defined, and I don't care whether you call FA-ism a preference, a fetish, or, for that matter, a religion (Mergirl for Archbishopess of Canterbury! ): it is whatever you experience it as, because your own experience is truer than any verbal definition.
exactly. it think there is a lot of technical talk about what people like that misses the entire mark. preference fetish etc... i think it diminishes the thing entirely. its the modern tip toe around something people would have been happy to call love, desire, or passion in the past. but the problem is that now we think of ourselves as machines that only needs a button pushed. FA FFA in a sense is no better at describing whats really happening between people than describing someone as a breastman/woman, a boob man/woman, or a leg man/woman. mainly because none of these attributes disembodied are enough alone to move anyone. no wonder some fat people are angry because they feel they only need to be fat in order to attract an FA or FFA. like average folk, they have felt misled by a lot of this kind of talk once they learn the reality. the reality is that an FA or an FFA is a person like any other. they are people that society often forgets have an attraction that includes the soul veering toward something. what is the something? its a feeling. and i think that feeling comes in different guises for people depending on the orientation of the mind, life expereinces, personal sensibilities and many undefineable elements. in a way, i think, the lack of appreciation for how deep the aesthetic draw is diminishes the entire idea at times. no wonder a lot of people refuse the FA and FFA stamp. they feel that their feelings and desires are more than just that. they need more than to only have a button pushed because they are in touch with who they are. i think that its true they have a sensual appreciation for people who are fat but they are more than just that. so what draws an FA or an FFA is as different as the person themselves. i don't think they can be lumped in one big inadequate ball. i think the souless think and technical terminology kinda takes all of the real oomphf and power out of the possibilities that FAs and FFAs represent. i hope a lot of people penciled in none of the above. other doesn't quite seem to cut it.

Last edited by superodalisque; 05-10-2009 at 12:08 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #52
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed
Default Preferences, Fetishes and Kinks

OK, this is a little technical, but I tend to think of these things in terms of category, activity, specific body parts, etc.

I have a preference for fat women. This is a preference because this is a general category.

Now obviously many people have fetishes, which to me are usually having to do with specific locations of the body or with types of clothing. Some are more likely to happen in those who prefer fat partners, but others are more general. Like, you could have two foot fetishists. One likes to suck on fat toes, other one on skinny toes. One guy likes the look of a skinny gal in a french maid getup, another likes the look of a fat gal in the same kind of wear. Skinny leather chick, fat leather chick. Same fetish, different preference. Now probably belly worship happens more often with FAs than with SAs, but who knows, one specimen could go just as crazy over a girl with a sixpack as some of us do over a girl with the cascade of rolls.

And then there are kinks, which I usually think of as specific activities, BDSM scenes or the like. Once again, two people got a cat-o-nine in their hands. One wants to lash a skinny, one wants to do it to a chubby.

So that's what my take is, preferences and fetishes and kinks can all happen together in the same person, but they refer to different parts of the story.
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote