Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #26
Babygirlneedsu

Babygirlneedsu can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBabygirlneedsu can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default There there CC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraCakes View Post
OMG the Crunchie Bar is my favorite but there is nowhere out here to get it!

someone needs to send me a box full of them! hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge... lol
You poor girl.......deffo one of my faves....so innocent and light....shame that I can get my hands on them so easily !!!!

Love the non chocolate bar which is what we Brits call candy....the wonderful slurry like consistency and weird synthetic toffee taste that is CARAMAC !

Crazy too for the toddlers treat that is MILKY BAR.....my childhood love of cowboys/ horses sold that one to me in the cradle and it remains a nostalgic nosh !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caramac.jpg (4.2 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg milky bar.jpg (3.1 KB, 265 views)
Babygirlneedsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #27
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know I posted this somewhere else in the Foodee Board, but I was too lazy to look for it.

For me, hands down, it has to be Ice Cubes.

Hard to get, but worth the search.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #28
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

This is mos def my current fave!!
MzDeeZyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #29
Malfiore

Malfiore has said some nice things

When I lived in Europe I was addicted to these: Fazer Geisha Bars, they are still my favorite.
" I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman." - Anais Nin
Malfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #30
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
I know I posted this somewhere else in the Foodee Board, but I was too lazy to look for it.

I've seen those around here.. but it just doesn't entice me to pick it up... but I hear all sorts of positive reviews of Ice Cubes.. hmm.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #31
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed
Default Ritter Sport

Ritter Sport rocks. The top flavor constantly changes for me. Varieties courtesy wikipedia, my tops marked with >>. Probably cornflakes.

Varieties

Ritter Sport MinisVollmilch – Plain milk chocolate, now contains Butter Fat
Dunkle Vollmilch – Plain medium dark chocolate, 40% cacao
Halbbitter – Plain dark chocolate, 50% cacao
Edelbitter – Plain dark chocolate, 71% cacao
Knusperkeks – Milk chocolate with a butter biscuit
Pfefferminz – Chocolate with peppermint, now contains Butter Fat
Joghurt – Yogurt, now contains Butter Fat
>>Erdbeer Joghurt – Milk chocolate strawberry and yogurt filling, now contains Butter Fat
Voll-Nuss – Milk chocolate with whole hazelnuts, now contains Butter Fat
Dunkle Voll-Nuss – Dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts, now contains Butter Fat
Weiße Voll-Nuss – White chocolate with whole hazelnuts
>>Knusperflakes – Milk chocolate with corn flakes
Voll Erdnuss – Milk chocolate with whole peanuts, now contains Butter Fat
Ganze Mandel – Milk chocolate with whole almonds, now contains Butter Fat
>>Marzipan – Dark chocolate with marzipan center
>>Cocos – Milk chocolate with flakes of coconut in the center
Trauben-Nuss – Milk chocolate with raisins and hazelnut pieces, now contains Butter Fat
>>Rum Trauben Nuss – Milk chocolate with rum-soaked raisins and hazelnut pieces , now contains Butter Fat
Cappuccino – Milk chocolate and cappuccino cream, now contains Butter Fat
Alpenmilch – Special milk chocolate with high milk proportion
Nugat – Milk chocolate with hazelnuts nougat center, now contains Butter Fat
Feinherb à la Mousse au Chocolat – dark chocolate filled with chocolate mousse, now contains Butter Fat
>>Williams Birne Truffel – dark chocolate filled with pear brandy mousse
Haselnuss – Milk chocolate with hazelnuts
Old 05-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #32
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
I've seen those around here.. but it just doesn't entice me to pick it up... but I hear all sorts of positive reviews of Ice Cubes.. hmm.
These were my FAVES when I was a kid. I would still buy them if I ever saw them around. (I know they can be ordered online, tho.)

They actually taste cool when you eat them. Soooooo goooood. They are cheap - even if you're not enticed, try them for research purposes!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #33
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chunky, Reeses, Snickers, Twix and Whatchamacallits all rock my world....but let's not forget the......

Mallow Cup

I also like Mr Goodbar and those miniature Hersheys dark chocolate bars......

Does Starburst count as a candy bar?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #34
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I love whatchamacallits(sp?).
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #35
Diego

Diego can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDiego can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think we have them only in Australia but here it is anyway

Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 AM   #36
JMNYC

JMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging in

Don't do no candy bars.

But when I did, it was the 100 grand, followed by Snickers and perhaps Milky Way.
JMNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #37
george83
DADDY IN A DRESS

george83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging in

Easily the Wispa *licks lips*

But a blast from the past which I loved which they sadly do not make anymore is the Secret bar, It had a sort of bird's nest chocolate outer with a creamy mousse center similar to the inside of a Walnut Whip.

Bring it back Nestle!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #38
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNYC View Post
Don't do no candy bars.

But when I did, it was the 100 grand, followed by Snickers and perhaps Milky Way.
100 Grand and Milky Way are two of my very faves. Also love Mounds and Heath Bars.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #39
GutsGirl

GutsGirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGutsGirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGutsGirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm not picky -- I'll eat pretty much any candy bar, and I don't really think I have a favorite one anymore, though I did use to really like Milky Way bars, especially.

Meh, they all either have chocolate, nuts, coconut, caramel, or fluffy nougat to varying degrees, so it's all good.

Once, I did have a Toblerone fancy chocolate bar, which was pretty darn good. I split it with my boyfriend (it was actually a Valentine's Day gift to him), and ended up eating most of it because he knew he couldn't finish the whole thing on his own.

Last edited by GutsGirl; 05-15-2009 at 07:01 PM.
GutsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #40
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

I liked Forever Yours, which are now sold as Milky Way Midnight. Also Zero bars, PayDay, and Chicken Bones (from Ganong Candy - St Stephens, NB, Canada) Chicken Bones are heavenly. Hard cinnamon candy surrounding semi sweet chocolate.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #41
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
Heaven on earth.

This is one of my greatest weaknesses. The Wal-Mart just up the road from the house has these in 6.5 ounce size. My favorite is the 8 ounce; I haven't seen them for years, though.

I also like Hershey's Nuggets: with almonds, dark, and english toffee varieties. I've been known to carry them around in my jacket at work by the handful.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #42
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default No contest...

Hands-down, 100% all-time favourite with no challengers...

Last edited by MattB; 09-17-2010 at 11:58 AM.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #43
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Bah, there are so many American candy bars that I'm dying to sample but they're nowhere to be seen in Canada.
These look soooo tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Mallow Cup
I also recently found out that there are white chocolate Maltesers available in the States!! I have never seen them here, but Maltesers are definitely one of my obsessions so I'd love to try them.

Other than Maltesers... I could eat these every day:

Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:01 AM   #44
BigCutieSteph

BigCutieSteph does more than just post hot picsBigCutieSteph does more than just post hot picsBigCutieSteph does more than just post hot pics

I really love Heath bars but they're pretty hard to find for me. After that is Twix

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BigCutieSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #45
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post

Remind me of your love of these before the next NJ bash... there's a fantastic candy store on the lower east side that has everything on earth.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #46
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The cafe next door started selling these chocolate bars about a year ago... so good, and started by peace corps workers to promote fair trade in Madagascar. So of course I HAVE to eat it. Nay, it's my duty to eat it!

It certainly helps that the chocolate is so delicious and dense that it basically transforms your mouth into an event horizon.

ETA: according to the company's website, the local producers get four times as much as they would through traditional fair trade routes.

Last edited by sweet&fat; 05-18-2009 at 09:59 AM.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #47
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

an interesting aside from this thread....I used to work for a large international chocolate company as a Territory Manager. The car/House was ALWAYS full of chocolate. During these two years I made more friends than ever before. When I finished many of these friends lost tough.
I do wonder if there is actually a huge correlation between numbers of candy bars and numbers of friends...
hmmmm...sorry to be all serious for once!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #48
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh...and after looking through this thread there are so many delights that I have never seen or heard of before. In the US I will literally be a big kid in a candy store!
Well I have to try at least one of everything don't I?
Old 05-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #49
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi

Then you should not open this link!!!!

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/candy-pix1.htm

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladle View Post
Oh...and after looking through this thread there are so many delights that I have never seen or heard of before. In the US I will literally be a big kid in a candy store!
Well I have to try at least one of everything don't I?
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #50
ladle
Back on Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Hi

Then you should not open this link!!!!

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/candy-pix1.htm

William
Oh shit!...I clicked the link....would rather have been rickrolled again!
So much candy....so little time