Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #51
Flyin Lilac
Jumped-up fahk.

Flyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going on

My favorite candy bar is whatever one I'm eating at that very moment!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #52
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I like Cadbury fruit and nut bars, Lindt truffles, and See's nuts and chews.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:25 AM   #53
PunkPeach

PunkPeach can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPunkPeach can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I don't know how it works but the chili brings out even more flavor in the chocolate. It is just divine.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #54
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Lilac View Post
My favorite candy bar is whatever one I'm eating at that very moment!
Love it! Kinda like Toscanni's response when asked which of Beethoven's symphonies was his favorite: "The last one that I conducted".
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #55
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkPeach View Post

I don't know how it works but the chili brings out even more flavor in the chocolate. It is just divine.
That reminds me of a coffee place here that makes a hot chocolate with ghiarelli chocolate and chili powder on top- with whipped cream to boot.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #56
jjgreen14

jjgreen14 has said some nice things

Mine would have to be Milky Way, Twix, or any candy bar with dark chocolate, I'm a big fan of dark chocolate, that is def my kryptonite
jjgreen14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #57
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
This reminds me of a gift set of chocolate bars I once received from Place des Vosges (a chocolate store named for the place in Paris). It includes a flight of 4 "exotic" chocolate bars:

Naga: sweet Indian curry + coconut + deep milk chocolate, 41% cacao

Gianduja: almonds + caramelized hazelnut paste + deep milk chocolate

Black Pearl: ginger + wasabi + black sesame seeds + dark chocolate, 55% cacao

Red Fire: Mexican ancho & chipotle chillies + Ceylon cinnamon + dark chocolate, 55% cacao

There are two other flights, plus they have a bacon and chocolate bar that I'm dying to try!

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

Last edited by sweet&fat; 05-20-2009 at 01:00 PM.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #58
jjgreen14

jjgreen14 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&fat View Post
This reminds me of a gift set of chocolate bars I once received from Place des Vosges (a chocolate store named for the place in Paris). It includes a flight of 4 "exotic" chocolate bars:

Red Fire: Mexican ancho & chipotle chillies + Ceylon cinnamon + dark chocolate, 55% cacao

There are two other flights, plus they have a bacon and chocolate bar that I'm dying to try!

sounds interesting

I'm not one to mix spicy with sweet but this could delicious
jjgreen14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #59
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Quote:

Lindt got that particular chili / chocolate combo just right. Highly recommended if you're into that sort of torture. Other ones like Xocoatl and Venchi are too over the top to make it enjoyable.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #60
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

The bacon bar was a big letdown for me. I really wanted to like it, and the flavor was good, but the texture of the bacon is terrrrrrrible. It's tiny bits of the hardest, driest bacon imaginable. I almost chipped a tooth on more than one piece.

I would definitely suggest trying out the Barcelona or Wooloomooloo bars before the bacon bar. The Barcelona is smoked almonds and grey sea salt in a "dark" milk chocolate and the WLML is hemp seed, indonesian coconut, roasted salted macadamia nuts, and a 41% milk chocolate.

The Barcelona has a deeper, more complex flavor while the WLML has an outstanding texture similar to gianduia from the oils in the nuts and coconut. Both have just enough salt to make the flavors sing.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #61
curvaluscious

curvaluscious can now change their title

Definitely Payday!!!
curvaluscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #62
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post
The bacon bar was a big letdown for me. I really wanted to like it, and the flavor was good, but the texture of the bacon is terrrrrrrible. It's tiny bits of the hardest, driest bacon imaginable. I almost chipped a tooth on more than one piece.

I would definitely suggest trying out the Barcelona or Wooloomooloo bars before the bacon bar. The Barcelona is smoked almonds and grey sea salt in a "dark" milk chocolate and the WLML is hemp seed, indonesian coconut, roasted salted macadamia nuts, and a 41% milk chocolate.

The Barcelona has a deeper, more complex flavor while the WLML has an outstanding texture similar to gianduia from the oils in the nuts and coconut. Both have just enough salt to make the flavors sing.
Thank you- very good to know! I might get the mini bacon one just to try it. However, both the Barcelona and The Wooloomooloo bars sound right up my alley!!! K, how is it possible that we have such similar (good) taste in chocolate and yet not have met?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #63
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

NESTLES CRUUNCH

HEATH BAR

right behind MALLO CUPS

Old 05-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #64
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Thank you- very good to know! I might get the mini bacon one just to try it. However, both the Barcelona and The Wooloomooloo bars sound right up my alley!!! K, how is it possible that we have such similar (good) taste in chocolate and yet not have met?
Maybe I just don't get to NYC enough!

If you're a dark chocolate fan, you HAVE to try the Theo's 3400 Phinney bar in "bread and butter". It's one of the smoothest dark/bittersweet chocolates I've ever had, studded with bits of toasted and buttered artisan breadcrumbs. There isn't a hint of bitterness to it like some darks, just the subtle flavors from a reeeeally good bean.

If I ever make it out to NYC, we're having a chocolate & cheese tasting!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #65
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

It turns out that they sell Vosges chocolate bars at Whole Foods, so I picked up one of the bacon/chocolate bars yesterday and gave it a try. It was delicious!!! Wonderful balance of smoky/salty and richly sweet. I found the bacon pieces firm but not overly hard- they yielded willingly to my teeth.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #66
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
It turns out that they sell Vosges chocolate bars at Whole Foods, so I picked up one of the bacon/chocolate bars yesterday and gave it a try. It was delicious!!! Wonderful balance of smoky/salty and richly sweet. I found the bacon pieces firm but not overly hard- they yielded willingly to my teeth.
Thank you for that tip and update, I hadn't checked for retailers, but figured I'd have to buy online, so it went in my pipe dream file. But with a Whole Foods opening soon 1 block from me, it's on, baby!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #67
Tracy
Fat & Sassy

Tracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Reece Cups & Dove milk chocolate bar.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #68
katorade

Quote:
Hmm, maybe I got a shitty bar. It was like eating broken glass, I tell you!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #69
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

so I know you're all sitting there thinking to yourself...well what are the famous candies from New Zealand...
Well have I got a treat for you:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1561.jpg (86.0 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1562.jpg (68.3 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1563.jpg (65.5 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1564.jpg (79.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1565.jpg (74.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 05-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #70
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

And the last two:
Oh....and yes...I did just go down to the Supermarket and buy all these. Well I had to buy cleaning stuff for cleaning the house this weekend and I figure chocolate is a good balance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1566.jpg (99.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1567.jpg (85.5 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by ladle; 05-22-2009 at 07:45 PM.
ladle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #71
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
HFS those are so awesome. They sell those at the check out of my local shop. OMG
Old 05-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #72
MatthewB
Still Not Ginger!

MatthewB can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatthewB can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatthewB can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My favorite candy bar? 3 Musketeers, bar none; it's light, fluffy, and oh so delectable.
MatthewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #73
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My favorite "post workout" snack "MilkyWay Midnight". Dark Chocolate is good for you-plus this is far tasty than any of those "health bars" from GNC or Vitamin Shoppe

tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #74
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Its called a Thingamajig.. and its like a whatchamacallit.. but instead of caramel.. its peanut butter. Without the caramel layer, tho, it breaks apart as your mouth hits the sound barrier.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #75
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Damn I just spent a really long time looking at and reading about candy bars.
Awesome thread!

I've loved 5th Avenue since I was about 4 year old. The best part about a
5th is, when most candy bars get hot and melty, you can't eat 'em, but not the 5th, it oozes out in a heavenly clob of melted chocolate and peanut butter crispies.

When I did a google image seach I found the OFFICIAL SNACK REPORT for the 5th Avenue bar, and thought this was funny:

Quote:
You know, somebody must be buying these. But as to whom, I don't know. I've never been to Alabama or Mississippi, so maybe they're big down there. But New Yorkers don't seem like the type that would be caught dead with this candy bar, and hell, it's named after New York's most prestigious shopping avenue. So I'd improve on this product by simply renaming and repackaging it. (The bar, itself, is pretty good and tastes rather unique despite all the obvious Butterfinger similarities.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladle View Post
so I know you're all sitting there thinking to yourself...well what are the famous candies from New Zealand...
Well have I got a treat for you:
DUDE! Those all look amazing!
Cadbury is my god, and those fish make swoon. lol
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote