Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default A Universal Symbol for FAs?

Taking from James' past thread...

A universal symbol for Fat Acceptance

What do you think of the idea of a universal symbol for FAs? Perhaps the same symbol with specific colours to designate the FA's gender or gender preference?

I'd like to hear your ideas!

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think this is an excellent idea. Fat Admirers and/or Fat Acceptance in general needs a motif/logo/badge of identification of some sort.

The letters "FA" are heavily associated with 'Football Association' in England, which might make their use slightly problematic? That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be used though....

I look forward to seeing if something materializes for this!
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like the idea of a general size acceptance symbol but one for FA's seems.. weird. I mean, guys who like brunettes don't go around wearing BRUNETTES ONLY shirts.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa_man_stan View Post
Taking from James' past thread...

A universal symbol for Fat Acceptance

What do you think of the idea of a universal symbol for FAs? Perhaps the same symbol with specific colours to designate the FA's gender or gender preference?

I'd like to hear your ideas!
this exact subject was broached on BHM / FFA boards years ago....although we were discussing a symbol for FFA and the first problem was it equated to FUTURE FARMERS ASSOC I believe.....
Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
this exact subject was broached on BHM / FFA boards years ago....although we were discussing a symbol for FFA and the first problem was it equated to FUTURE FARMERS ASSOC I believe.....
Future Farmers Of America.

Also... on campus here, FA is the Finance Association.

I keep HOPING that some day they will have an event so I can take pics of the signs lol.
BellaZwebs- EXTRA HOT :batting:;):batting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith
mszwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Who am I to resist a design challenge?
Right now I've got two versions. I was thinking at least the F could be colored to represent the gender of the FA's preference, but then I kinda got tripped up on bisexual, as I haven't really decided how to divide it up into two colors or purple maybe? It's not heart surgery though, so any fiddling or changes can be made.

Rounded logo:

Plus symbol with the plus colored accordingly and the A being the admirer.
AN A IS YOU.
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. The test of a first rate wallpaper is to wipe clean easily when the previous fails.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
marlowegarp
I wanna meet that dad

marlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging in

I think it should just be the Gonzo fist with a sandwich.

With regard to the different colors, it reminds me of the gay flag system, which I find simultaneously confusing and awesome.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #8
Bagalute

Bagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The letters "FA" are heavily associated with 'Football Association' in England, which might make their use slightly problematic?
I first came across that when I read Nick Hornby's "Fever Pitch" - imagine the disappointment when I found out the FA cup was not what I thought it was
Bagalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 AM   #9
wrench13
Pirate music for sail

Location: In New York City, formerly the big Apple, now the Big Target
wrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going on

How about just "I Fat Girls" or "I Fat Guys"

Or adopt the sticker on the back of my motorcyce helmet
" No Skinny Chicks"

Or a stylized BBW up on a pedistal ( I kinda like that one)
wrench13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #10
wrench13
Pirate music for sail

wrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Like this

No great hand at paint shop but....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pedestal.jpg (27.9 KB, 508 views)
Old 05-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh my goddddd that FA thing up there is TOO CUTE. It almost makes me want to rescind my previous comment. Almost.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
Oh my goddddd that FA thing up there is TOO CUTE. It almost makes me want to rescind my previous comment. Almost.
Hah! I was right there with you, too, until I saw Matt's FA designs with the different colors. Too cute!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #13
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

a rounded plus sign, no frills
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #14
darthplump

darthplump can now change their title

Im not a photoshop wiz and the "ghetto Booty" with thong isn't what I had hoped, I just threw this together (use your imagination). I do however like how it can be mistaken for "Fat Ass"...but still somehow work.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #15
UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized rep

I'll see what I can come up with for a Universal FA symbol.
UMBROBOYUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

How about silhouettes of the pairing one seeks. Either silhouette could be fat, one could be non-fat, both could be men or women, polys could have several...
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
wrench13
Pirate music for sail

Hey! That was only pic I could find quickly that had the right perspective!

The FA initials have so many connotations that the NY State Dept of Motor Vehicles would not approve my application for a custom plate for my bike that had FA any where in it; 1 FA, FA 1, UR FA, FA4U - all nada.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #18
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Why? That makes no sense.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #19
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed

FAThe large F represents the beautiful people we adore and the small A refers to us smaller sized admirers. Admittedly, this symbol is more specific to BBW/averaged-sized male FA couples.

Last edited by Judge_Dre; 05-13-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Judge_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #20
jakub
Visitor

jakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I prefer some "logo" instead of letters specific to English language.
jakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakub View Post
I prefer some "logo" instead of letters specific to English language.
Agreed, and thin women/men shouldn't even be mentioned regardless of whether or not one finds them attractive. That has nothing to do with it.

Silhouettes work for me. I'm not too keen on terms myself really, especially when they can have multiple meanings..

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:45 AM   #22
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
I like the idea of a general size acceptance symbol but one for FA's seems.. weird. I mean, guys who like brunettes don't go around wearing BRUNETTES ONLY shirts.
See, i see being an Fa as part of my sexuality as much as my gender sexuality. For me its not just about preference. I dig chicks in glasses but its just a wee added like so i dont feel a logo is necessary for that.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #23
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, we need something. I dunno what though. I'm still thinking of something. lol
Old 05-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #24
Mac5689

Mac5689 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
Why? That makes no sense.
New York State is like a crazy relative. you can never understand what it does, what its going to do, or why it does it.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #25
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm opposed to the idea because I think a symbol for FA's begs to be abused: it's analogous to plastering fish symbols and 'Jesus is Lord' stickers all over your car. I've heard of shady businessmen who stuck fish symbols on their shops tp persuade prospective customers of their honesty, and I can imagine all the frats who would buy FA sweatshirts to facilitate a night of "hogging." If you want people to know you're an FA, don't tell them: show them!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote