Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 05-30-2009, 04:25 AM   #26
jakub
Visitor

jakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Iand I can imagine all the frats who would buy FA sweatshirts to facilitate a night of "hogging." If you want people to know you're an FA, don't tell them: show them!
I don't see a problem, hoggers can always lie about preference, there is always bunch of idiots/cheaters (no matter what).
jakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #27
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Kermit, the original FA?

Something totally off the wall and a perhaps a different approach to this...

Personally, I do agree with the Jakub's point that a symbol should be something abstract and not initials limited to one language (English in this case...) An abstract symbol(s), something less literal would certainly make for a more truly "universal" form of identification.

I recently realized that the first "FA" I knew of as a kid was Kermit the Frog... I know being a copyrighted character using Kermit as a symbol wouldn't work, but how about something like a frog (in reference to Kermit...) as a symbol of FAs? Maybe even different coloured frogs (i.e. a green frog for all FAs, Blue for males, pink for females, a rainbow coloured frog as a GLBTQ FA symbol...) to symbolize all the different types of FAs?

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #28
viracocha
Hot like sauce

viracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa_man_stan View Post
Maybe even different coloured frogs (i.e. a green frog for all FAs, Blue for males, pink for females, a rainbow coloured frog as a GLBTQ FA symbol...) to symbolize all the different types of FAs?

How's this?
viracocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:59 PM   #29
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viracocha View Post
Is that the pink frog? Now we need to find a blue and rainbow coloured one!

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #30
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Quote:
I'm opposed to the idea because I think a symbol for FA's begs to be abused: it's analogous to plastering fish symbols and 'Jesus is Lord' stickers all over your car. I've heard of shady businessmen who stuck fish symbols on their shops tp persuade prospective customers of their honesty, and I can imagine all the frats who would buy FA sweatshirts to facilitate a night of "hogging." If you want people to know you're an FA, don't tell them: show them!
Actually, this brings up a good point about why having a universal FA symbol, even better.. a chrome one.. stuck to the back of my pickup is good because it informs everyone who knows what it means, and who I am.. so you can run the truck off the road, and kidnapp me.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #31
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Personally I just wear a shirt that proclaims "I love fat girls"
It's kinda hard to mistake that for anything other than what it is, or what it means.
Of course my "I'm an FA" shirt gets comments too.
Just my nickels worth.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #32
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I actually agree with rollhandler. In fact, I'm looking for one of those "I'm <3 fat chicks" shirts so I have one.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #33
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann0413 View Post
I actually agree with rollhandler. In fact, I'm looking for one of those "I'm <3 fat chicks" shirts so I have one.
I actually made mine with Hanes name brand transfer paper, my home printer and a store bought t-shirt. Send me a Private with your email and I will send you the graphic I used. Or, if you have a program like Printmaster you can design your own. I actually have several graphics I had planned on using for several T-shirts of the same theme.
Too many times I have read in chat or on the forum boards that the objects of our desire are having trouble finding out who the FAs were in public, so I just thought why not show em we are out there? I have had many questions and conversations regarding it when worn,and none of the attention has been negative. I especially like when a fat girl sees it and smiles, and if answering a question or two brings our brethren out of their closet ..... All the better.
Rollhandler
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #34
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default - ahem -

ask and it shall be given... (well at least bought)

For the less artistically inclined...

I <3 FAT GIRLS t-shirt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #35
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, I have zero artistic skills but what about putting the male and female symbols (Circle with an arrow at about 2 o'clock and circle with a plus at 6 o'clock) on opposite sides of as scale with the female symbol tipping the scale far lower? Maybe use a heart for the pivot point? You could put the heart inside the male circle if that looked better. I realize it's not perfect for FFA's but they could simply reverse the symbols. Gay or lesbian FA's would use the same symbol on both sides.

Would someone be willing to try and visually represent that just so we could see how it looks? I'll gladly rep the heck out of any volunteer(s).
Old 06-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #36
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa_man_stan View Post
Something totally off the wall and a perhaps a different approach to this...

Personally, I do agree with the Jakub's point that a symbol should be something abstract and not initials limited to one language (English in this case...) An abstract symbol(s), something less literal would certainly make for a more truly "universal" form of identification.

I recently realized that the first "FA" I knew of as a kid was Kermit the Frog... I know being a copyrighted character using Kermit as a symbol wouldn't work, but how about something like a frog (in reference to Kermit...) as a symbol of FAs? Maybe even different coloured frogs (i.e. a green frog for all FAs, Blue for males, pink for females, a rainbow coloured frog as a GLBTQ FA symbol...) to symbolize all the different types of FAs?

Yeah, Kermit and Miss Piggy were a hot item. I remember being a kid and liking the fact that kermit was with the pig, but as an adult the association with fat to pigs doesn't work for me. Plus it's such a cliche that fat=pig. I know one could argue about reclaiming such imagery, but the word "piggy" has been sprung on me by insensitive FA jerks enough times now that I just hate that word. Plus, frogs don't exactly scream "sexy" or "love" or anything like that. They're kinda slimy and weird looking....I like the idea of having a universal symbol tho, just maybe not any animals....
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #37
rollhandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
ask and it shall be given... (well at least bought)

For the less artistically inclined...

I <3 FAT GIRLS t-shirt
WOW! Just a short couple of years ago when I went looking for items like this I could not find them. That's why I designed my own. I have prayed for but never thought I would see the day when I could buy that saying off the rack. Thank you OWA for this invaluable link.
Rollhandler
Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #38
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Well, I have zero artistic skills but what about putting the male and female symbols (Circle with an arrow at about 2 o'clock and circle with a plus at 6 o'clock) on opposite sides of as scale with the female symbol tipping the scale far lower? Maybe use a heart for the pivot point? You could put the heart inside the male circle if that looked better. I realize it's not perfect for FFA's but they could simply reverse the symbols. Gay or lesbian FA's would use the same symbol on both sides.

Would someone be willing to try and visually represent that just so we could see how it looks? I'll gladly rep the heck out of any volunteer(s).
not anything close to an artist -- something just off the top of my head.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #39
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

^

^

XXXL =

Just trying to work with what's on hand.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #40
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

Default Oops

Just realized attachment didn't work; let's try that again....

I tried it with a scale, but the details of such seemed cumbersome in smaller sizes. Not to mention every time I see a balance scale I think Justice, which then makes it look like the BBW has more rights that the FA to me. Perhaps a better artist can get it to work...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollhandler View Post
WOW! Just a short couple of years ago when I went looking for items like this I could not find them. That's why I designed my own. I have prayed for but never thought I would see the day when I could buy that saying off the rack. Thank you OWA for this invaluable link.
Rollhandler
You're welcome! Glad I could help!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by OneWickedAngel; 06-04-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #41
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

That's kinda cute. Hm. Also, I died at the BBW having more rights.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #42
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Here's my attempts. I played with the idea of contrast since so many FAs male and female talk about that.

I chose the colors I did because I couldn't figure out how to do outlines in photoshop. The colors don't mean anything. Just try to picture them as outlines I guess.

Attachment 65011

Attachment 65012

Last edited by olwen; 10-19-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #43
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
That's kinda cute. Hm. Also, I died at the BBW having more rights.
I'm hoping that's dying of laughter Thanks! By the way good debate on the other thread. That's how debating should be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Here's my attempts. I played with the idea of contrast since so many FAs male and female talk about that.

I chose the colors I did because I couldn't figure out how to do outlines in photoshop. The colors don't mean anything. Just try to picture them as outlines I guess.
Those are cute Olwen! I really like the idea and the simplicity of these it's what a logo should be. I concede it's probably just me, but the bottom one has more of a parent/child feel to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #44
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I'm opposed to the idea because I think a symbol for FA's begs to be abused: it's analogous to plastering fish symbols and 'Jesus is Lord' stickers all over your car. I've heard of shady businessmen who stuck fish symbols on their shops tp persuade prospective customers of their honesty, and I can imagine all the frats who would buy FA sweatshirts to facilitate a night of "hogging." If you want people to know you're an FA, don't tell them: show them!
amen to that ^^ also like the i support our troops ribbons that people stuck on their cars forever.... I've always thought of FA's as more demure than that
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #45
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
I'm hoping that's dying of laughter Thanks! By the way good debate on the other thread. That's how debating should be done.

Those are cute Olwen! I really like the idea and the simplicity of these it's what a logo should be. I concede it's probably just me, but the bottom one has more of a parent/child feel to me.
Thanks! You're right, the bottom one does have that feel. I thought of that too, so that might not work.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #46
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
Actually, this brings up a good point about why having a universal FA symbol, even better.. a chrome one.. stuck to the back of my pickup is good because it informs everyone who knows what it means, and who I am.. so you can run the truck off the road, and kidnapp me.
hahah ,.. and you know what,.. Women like ME would,... is an Universal Symbol for FA safe?!?!?!

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #47
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

Olwen, I really liked your idea and kind of ran with it a little, I hope you don't mind...

I gave them arms mostly so the "guy" looked less like a lower case letter i.

I sorta like the triangle only because it almost looks like the letters "FA"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #48
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oooh, that's kinda cute too.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #49
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbBBW View Post
hahah ,.. and you know what,.. Women like ME would,... is an Universal Symbol for FA safe?!?!?!
Barb, it would be no less safe (or unsafe) than your wearing a "I <3 Fat Guys" t-shirt. Some gay bashers wear pride colors to lure the unsuspecting. Or having an "Absolut Slut" bumper sticker on your car . It's a sign of the times that damn near everything can be used for good or ill these day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #50
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Barb, it would be no less safe (or unsafe) than your wearing a "I <3 Fat Guys" t-shirt. Some gay bashers wear pride colors to lure the unsuspecting. Or having an "Absolut Slut" sticker on your car . It's a sign of the times that damn near everything can be used for good or ill these day.
ohhhhhhhh thats a good idea!! "HUG ME IF YOU LOVE FAT CHICKS"teee and of course an "Absolut Slut" shirt too

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote