Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #2426
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozz View Post
500 Days of Summer
8 / 10

I wish summer and him could of work it out...
That movie depressed me so much I hate the actress who plays Summer. Yes, I took it that personal....any movie I see Zoe in I immediately want to throw something at the screen because lets just say I've dated one too many Summer's in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacce View Post
Rocky Balboa (2006) -- 6.5 out of 10
Yeah I delayed watching it until now for some reason..

I thought it was good, though I wish his training scenes could have been longer..

No rocky is like Rocky 4 though
Of all the Rocky movies you rate 4 over Balboa? Well its your own opinion so I respect it but in my opinion Balboa comes in a close second behind the first movie.

The story of the broken down ex boxer and the champion needing competition can be followed better than beat the up the Russian steroid freak. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure you have your reasons.

As for the latest movie I've seen The Three Musketeers 7 out of 10.

Any movie with Stiglitz, Percy Jackson, Landa and Alice from Resident Evil is fine with me :-)

Old 10-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #2427
Luv2BNaughty
\m/o.O\m/

Luv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going on

Priest: 5/10
Vampires and the Catholic Church with a western-ish theme. Though I enjoyed the graphics for the most part, the storyline was too predictable. It left the ending open for a sequel, that I would probably watch though

Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #2428
mimosa
Fluffy Mama

mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2BNaughty View Post
Priest: 5/10
Vampires and the Catholic Church with a western-ish theme. Though I enjoyed the graphics for the most part, the storyline was too predictable. It left the ending open for a sequel, that I would probably watch though
I have to admit, I can't watch that. I might pee in my pants. Especially cause I use to have nightmares about Catholic images.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #2429
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have to learn myself to write shorter reviews, so that's why this will be a collection of the last films I've seen:

Bulworth - 7/10
Entertaining political satire, but the ending was a bit disappointing.

A Dirty Shame - 5/10
Fun John Waters, but far from his best work. Again with the endings... this was far too predictable.

My Blueberry Nights - 7/10
A sweet, little drama with Norah Jones, and the various people she meets, and their very different love stories. The best was the one with David Strathairn and Rachel Weisz.

Couples Retreat - 5/10
Fair fun, but nothing more, and no original ideas anywhere. Good cast.

Prick Up Your Ears - 8/10
Solid, dark British drama about one successful and one unsuccessful writer and their relationship. A young Gary Oldman as Joe Orton, and Alfred Molina as his mentor and lover Kenneth, are both amazing.

The Lonely Guy - 4/10
Very disappointing 80s comedy with Steve Martin and Charles Grodin. I expected more from too such funny men.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #2430
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Real Steel - 8/10

Trite, washed-out, over-used so-called "plot" aside...I REALLY liked this movie. Maybe I was just in the mood for a feel good movie...I dunno. The fight scenes drew me in and had me cheering and applauding. Good thing there were only 4 of us in the whole theater.
CAMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #2431
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My girl friend and I watched Time Bandits last night. We have seen it before but had forgotten what a delightful flick it is. 9/10
Old 10-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #2432
capra

capra can now change their title

Inception - 9/10

I imagine my experience watching it was a lot like how people felt about The Matrix (I never saw The Matrix until last year, so it didn't have the same effect at all).
capra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #2433
LeoGibson
Whiskey Bent

LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pearl Jam 20 - 8/10

Good documentary with some good interviews from different people in the Seattle scene from the late 80's early 90's. It is enjoyable even if you're not a huge fan of Pearl Jam.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:18 AM   #2434
Luv2BNaughty
\m/o.O\m/

Luv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going onLuv2BNaughty knows EXACTLY what's going on

Bridesmaids - 10/10. I'm buying this one first chance I get. It is absolutely freaking hilarious!!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #2435
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thor (7/10)

It was decent, but a bit sillier than I'd expected it to be.

Bloodbath in the house of death (9/10)

Okay, I'm definitely biased on this one, as it's a Vincent Price Movie. But It's a great comedy-horror. Cheesy Special Effects, Random Weird shit like Ghost Sex, how could one go wrong with this movie?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #2436
None
Enemy of Office Furniture

None never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticed

The Rum Diary - This movie was a good time, but has a good amount of flaws that keep it from being truly amazing. The soundtrack and score for the film is intrusive at times and incongruous to the tone of the writing and the tone the film actually tries to cultivate. There are music cues when Chanel and Paul Kemp are on screen together that make it seem like in the editing an exec was like, we need to make these moments seem like a romantic comedy between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. The movie seems to be searching for some sort of structure to latch onto, but never quite finds a main narrative thrust even though with very little effort the three story plots dangling could have congealed more effectively into a strong plot. However, the rambling nature of the plot was a lot of the charm for me because as Paul Kemp is searching for his voice as a writer, the film mirrors that struggle in trying to pin the corrupt bastards to the wall. This is a young writer who can't make it as a novelist fleeing America to Puerto Rico to find something that will help make it as a writer. As Kemp navigates the perversion of the American dream as it exploits the poor and displaced native Puerto Ricans, he seems more thrust from corrupt men to criminals without any idea of what he should be doing with all the behind the scenes looks he's getting of those raping the land to give contented Americans palatial hotels where they can bowl and eat lobsters. By the end he finds his voice or the idea of what his voice as a writer should be, and at that point it's too late for him to try and fight the tide of corruption that has drown him. Since this is supposed to be based on the early period of Thompson's career when he was young and voiceless, there are only touches and glimpses throughout the film of the man he would become. One of my favorite touches of the film are the brief and sparse use of voice-overs where the audience gets slight peaks at the voice that Thompson would later be so well known for. The performances are solid in this with Giovonni Ribisi as Moberg and Michael Rispoli as Bob Salas being the stand outs. My only problem with the performances are from Amber Heard, and it's nothing really with her acting, but she looks far too contemporary to fit the time and atmosphere of the movie. The cinematography is gorgeous and there are some scenes that are very striking. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed the other films based on Thompson's work.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #2437
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Red State 7/10

I was surprised that this was a Kevin Smith movie. It was a good creepy movie. There were some WTF moments and i was pretty entertained.

I'm currently watching The Exorcist for the very first time.. so far so good
Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #2438
Clonenumber47
Mike

Clonenumber47 has super-sized repClonenumber47 has super-sized repClonenumber47 has super-sized rep

Coincidentally...
Just finished watching on Netflix

Red State - also 7 out of 10.

Interesting all the way through. It was like a thriller movie in the beginning but turned action by the end.

A definite change of pace from Kevin Smith's normal type of films, I am happy to see him exploring new territories for his career.

Last edited by Clonenumber47; 10-30-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Clonenumber47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:25 AM   #2439
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!
Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Red State 7/10

I was surprised that this was a Kevin Smith movie. It was a good creepy movie. There were some WTF moments and i was pretty entertained.

I'm currently watching The Exorcist for the very first time.. so far so good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonenumber47 View Post
Coincidentally...
Just finished watching on Netflix

Red State - also 7 out of 10.

Interesting all the way through. It was like a thriller movie in the beginning but turned action by the end.

A definite change of pace from Kevin Smith's normal type of films, I am happy to see him exploring new territories for his career.
haha, I just watched it too, but I'm going to give it a 9. Mostly because it wasn't predictable at all! Even though john goodman explained everything that happened at the end of the movie, I'm still trying to figure it out. I absolutely loved it. Bravo Kevin Smith.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 AM   #2440
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ridley Scott's Robin Hood....omg it was soo good 10/10. I haven't enjoyed a movie this much in a long time....maybe because I was expecting to hate it.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #2441
pdesil071189

pdesil071189 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokespdesil071189 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Gulliver's Travels with Jack Black and Jason Segel. I give it a 7.5 out of 10
Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #2442
Deacone
Garrus Vakarian

Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deacone has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Limitless with Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro I give it a 9/10
Old 11-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #2443
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdesil071189 View Post
Gulliver's Travels with Jack Black and Jason Segel. I give it a 7.5 out of 10
Jack Black's dancing at the end was well worth seeing the whole movie lol
Old 11-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #2444
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The Kremlin Letter - 5/10
Cold war spy thriller by John Huston, with an international cast that just hangs around with not much to do. Many stories are being told, but none of them really work. It tries to be smart, and ends up as clumsy. Still, on a Sunday with not much to do, what else but to watch a forgotten film?

Divine Trash - 7/10
Fun John Waters documentary, focusing on his early life and first films, most of all the making and reaction of Pink Flamingos. A lot of great interviews, from Waters, his parents, brother, Divine's mother... yes, even the local Baltimore priest from Waters' youth. A must-see for any Waters fan, but I still think This Filthy World is a better documentary on John Waters, since it deals with his entire career.

Start the Revolution Without Me - 7/10
The best Mel Brooks movie Mel Brooks never made: wonderful comedy about the French revolution with mistaken identities and a long list of historical historical inaccuracies.

Butterfly - 3/10
As camp as camp can be: a tragic soap opera full of LOL-moments. Well, the ending is ROFL. Here you get it all: tragic childhood, greed, incest, who's the father? and a drunken Orson Welles as a judge. It's worth it all for the amazing ending, in the court, with one crazy confession after another. Pia Zadora has the lead, (I think she was like 17-18 when she did this), and she did deserve that Razzie.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #2445
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Apollo 18

I was pleasently surprised by this horror/thriller about the fictional Apollo 18 mission to the moon, the supposed last mission there.

It's all shot to look like a genuine 70's movie and the grainy footage from inside the lander and on the handheld cameras of the astronauts looks like the real thing. The way it's shot kinda reminded me of Cloverfield in a way.

The story progresses well with the three spacemen getting a long well with only a little interference. As the movie continues though, the tension between the two on the ground and the man in the orbitting craft grows and grows as developments get increasingly alarming. So the pacing is pretty good and the actors give good tight performances.

The effects, on the few occasions towards the end when they are used, are pretty good and don't make the old-style cinematography look ridiculous.

For a low-budget movie, this holds it's own and is a good watch. 7/10
Old 11-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #2446
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

8/10 Henry's Crime

A fun movie about a guy who thinks he's going to play softball but winds up being arrested as the get away driver for a bank robbery. Instead of talking about who set him up he quietly serves his time. Upon getting out he discovers that the bank he was convicted of robbing was once a speakeasy booze vault and finds a tunnel from that era to break into the bank. It was a fun journey. I kept expecting Henry to get pissed off at what's going on. It was a fun movie. The characters were all enjoyable too.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #2447
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Killer Elite

An action movie with a little touch of class.

Yes, it's Jason Statham and most of his movies are pretty much identical. Fight a bit, drive a bit, fight some more. But, while this movie has quite a bit of fighting and driving, it also has its fair share of good acting too.

Clive Owen and Robert DeNiro play the theatrical foils to Statham's action hero and it comes off surprisingly well. Maybe the movie is a little long for its plot (a smidge under 2 hours) but at no point do you find yourself looking at the clock. It keeps you entertained with action, acting and the occasional fun line.

Overall... 7.5/10. The .5 is added thanks only to Dominic Purcell and his fantastic facial-fuzz that came straight out of an 80's porno movie
Old 11-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #2448
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

Exam

I really liked this movie. I tend to like any movie that really messes with your mind like this one does.

To set the scene, 8 varied individuals enter a single room with one armed guard and 'the invigilator'. They have been through a rigorous and, as it's hinted at, bloody process to reach one job and now they are to go through the last obstacle.... an exam.

Of course it's no normal exam, and when left to their own devices with a slim set of instructions, all manner of tension, twists and turns emerge.

Practically the whole movie is filled in this one room and it's great to see that it never droops and they never run out of ideas of how to keep the story rumbling on. At times you do see some of the twists coming, but there is a satisfaction in seeing their situation constantly evolve and complicate. It's well paced and you'll find yourself flip-flopping between which character you're getting behind throughout.

The acting, while not world class, is very capable. Though at times it does seem like the characters are TOO polarised and stereotypical. It's a minor niggle though.

Like I said, I really liked this movie and would recommend it to anyone who wants a 'thinking' movie. 7.5/10
Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #2449
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Toy Story 3 - 7/10

Mostly because of the ending. It made me cry.

Captain America - 5/10

It was just meh IMHO
CAMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #2450
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bridesmaids 7/10

I finally watched this and I'm sorry I didn't go to see it in the theater. It was funny and Melissa McCarthy's character wasn't as objectionable as I thought she would be. And fart jokes, yeah they're always funny. All the ladies in this movie need to get together to make another one. I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

olwen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies, rate