Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Ordinary Food, Eaten Unusually

OK, if I ever go into a Witness Protection Program, I'll be easy to spot once I order fish and chips at a restaurant. I cut off (and eat) the breading from the top of the piece of fish before spreading tartar sauce on it.

My brother has on odd way of eating toast with jam: He spreads the jam on the un-buttered side. He eats it jam-side-up (butter-side-down), saying that this way, your tongue tastes the saltiness of the butter first. Sounds interesting, but what if you don't want to eat the whole slice at once? If you set it down (to take a bite of something else, perhaps), it would be sitting on its buttered side.

What unusual eating methods have you practised or observed?
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #2
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like your brother's idea about the butter and jam.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hmm, if I am eating a meal with mashed potatoes, I will almost always make a sandwich out of a piece of bread, some meat , whatever veggie is on the plate and the potatoes

I like peanut butter with mustard more than with Jelly
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:52 PM   #4
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i have essential tremor. when i eat out i usually order mashed potatoes with my peas/corn so i can 'stick' them to the mashed when i try to eat them.

when i eat a cupcake, i pull the bottom cake part off and put it on top of the icing. that way you can eat it without getting messy fingers and you don't get the gob of icing stuck to the roof of your mouth.

my little one loves cheerios with raisins. she stacks them

cheerio/raisin/cheerio

then pops the whole thing in her mouth.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:25 PM   #5
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
i have essential tremor. when i eat out i usually order mashed potatoes with my peas/corn so i can 'stick' them to the mashed when i try to eat them.

when i eat a cupcake, i pull the bottom cake part off and put it on top of the icing. that way you can eat it without getting messy fingers and you don't get the gob of icing stuck to the roof of your mouth.

my little one loves cheerios with raisins. she stacks them

cheerio/raisin/cheerio

then pops the whole thing in her mouth.
YES. I do this as well. Changed the whole cupcake experience for me.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:50 PM   #6
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like to dip graham crackers into hot tea or lemonade--- but iced tea ain't so bad either

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #7
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

That is just too cool. I hope I remember that for my next cupcake. Wow.

Staying with the pastry theme, I'll often (when I remember, as it's only been a few years since the idea occurred to me) eat a piece of pie from the outside crust towards the point. You don't finish with just crust, and the last few bites often remain upright, instead of flumping over.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #8
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
when i eat out i usually order mashed potatoes with my peas/corn so i can 'stick' them to the mashed when i try to eat them.
If you find yourself at a place with no mashed potatoes, it may help to remember this rhyme:

I eat my peas with honey.
I've done it all my life.
They do taste kind of funny.
But it keeps them on the knife.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:30 AM   #9
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Breakfast!

This is part of a recent e-mail.

Breakfast. I've got to tell you about that (maybe I have already.) We have been pretty much devotees of cooked cereal, either whole grain mixtures or whole kernel mixtures, when the cooking times for the various grains are compatible. For the last 10 to 15 years (maybe longer - I forget) we have used a product called Wheat Montana 7-grain (now + flax). It looks like, and cooks like oatmeal but is a much richer mixture. We buy it in 50 to 100 lb bags. In the last few years, Wheat Montana has gone wholesale and sells only 1000 lb quantities. Mrs Ho Ho has found a repackaging source that sells it in the 50 to 100 lb lots that we are used to. I'm estimating that we use about 5 lbs per month. For our morning cereal, I add 3/4 cup of cereal to 2 cups boiling water + 1/4 cup of Hammon's recipe-ready black walnut pieces. We buy this 10 lb. at a time. You could substitute other nuts if you're allergic to black walnuts, but the black walnuts really give it a tang.

But that ain't all, folks!

When the cereal is done, we slice or cube some sharp cheddar over the top of the bowl and then add a poached egg (or a microwaved facsimile) on top the mix. Perhaps a bit of salt and pepper over that. Then, with good strong coffee, seasonal berries, a banana or 'Cutie' and citrus juice, Mrs Ho Ho's breakfast is ready. I go a step farther with mine. I shake (shake, shake, shake) a few drops - well, maybe a teaspoon - of Melinda's XXXX Habanero sauce over it. I also mix something like a parfait out of plain yoghurt, granola, fruit and a bit of milk. I eat hearty at breakfast because I don't eat much the rest of the day.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:13 PM   #10
Hugh Jaguy

Hugh Jaguy can now change their title

When eating a cheeseburger, either from a food joint or made at home, I love to dissect it layer by layer until only the burger alone remains. Finally, I eat the burger.
Hugh Jaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:39 AM   #11
LennonFan92

LennonFan92 has said some nice things

If I'm eating a sandwich, I have to have it cut into two equal triangles. When I eat grilled chicken, I have to have fresh cucumber as a side.
LennonFan92 is offline   Reply With Quote