Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #326
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I lived in Spain, as much as they love olive oil, we always had it served with balsamic. So anything else feels wrong to me! lol

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #327
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Hey Jigen! Are you there?

Buffalo Mozzarella, fresh local tomatoes, and basil from my garden. When I serve it in a couple of hours, I'll dress it with a little EVOO.

- Jim
Impressive. Very nice.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #328
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
Try balsamic vinegar instead. Even more amazing.
I always add it too in my caprese.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #329
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Soo.... Jigen..... Have you run out of recipes and photos?

I'd've thought that from the Etruscans until now, there would have been a few more yummies than what you have presented thus far.

But I've been wrong before. Just ask my ex-wifes.

- Jim
Old 08-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #330
Jigen

Quote:
Soo.... Jigen..... Have you run out of recipes and photos?

I'd've thought that from the Etruscans until now, there would have been a few more yummies than what you have presented thus far.

But I've been wrong before. Just ask my ex-wifes.

- Jim
Sorry. I have been pretty busy lately. Once I'll have my life back from university, I'll post more recipes. Promise.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #331
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You've got to assign your priorities properly, Jigen.

Which is more important? Is it your education, health, career, and future, or is it this thread?

Seriously --I'm looking forward to the next one!

- Jim
Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #332
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I sincerely miss you, Jigen.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #333
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

One last BTTT for this awesome thread.

I've copied and saved it but it's still sad to see it drop off the end and fall into the bit bucket.

Mods - I've asked before, but I'm begging now: Please make this thread a 'sticky'.

- Jim

Last edited by smithnwesson; 12-24-2012 at 08:16 AM.
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #334
Jigen

First of all, I would like to excuse me for disappearing for so long, but this is has been a terrible and busy year, and 2013 started pretty bad too. Anyway, I would like to start this thread again with a typical recipes to recover the lentils we usually cook for the first day of the year.

LENTILS SOUP

INGREDIENTS:
Lentils leftovers (But you can use fresh ones. In this case, leave them in fresh water for 6 hours before you use it)
Water: 84,5 fl.oz.
2 potatoes
1 Garlic glove
1 onion
2 carrots
Celery

OPTIONAL:
- Tomato paste: 1 teaspoon
- Pepper
- 2 Clover leaves
- 2 Laurel leaves
- Caraway powder: 1 teaspoon

PREPARATION:
- Dice onions, garlic, celery, carrots and yellow it in warm oil;
- After 5 minutes, add water and diced potatoes, and adjust with salt;
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes then add the lentils, if they are raw. If they are already cooked and you are using to recovery them, cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, then add the lentils. Adjust with spices;
- Cook until the potatoes are done;
- Serve warm.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #335
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

I tried your lentil soup, Jigen and it was excellent, as have been all of the recipes that you have posted and I have tried.

I don't mean to be a thorn in your side, but isn't another one about due?

- Jim
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #336
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I like italian food.
Wild Mushroom Risotto

6 personns

Preparation time: 15 min

Cooking time: 30 min

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounces wild mushrooms, finely chopped (don't wash them under water, just clean them with a damp cooking paper)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
5 cups chicken broth, heated
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons heavy cream

+ for serving :grated parmesan cheese

Heat the butter and oil in a heavy cast iron saucepan.
Cook the mushrooms until golden brown, and then remove from the pan.
Remove about 1/2 cup of mushrooms and set aside for serving.
Add the onions to the remaining mushrooms in the pan, and cook until they are translucent.
Add the rice and stir until it is well coated with the butte mixture.
Add the white wine, and stir continually over medium heat until it is absorbed.
Add 4 cups of hot broth to the pan and reduce the heat to medium low.
Cook the rice for 16 to 18 minutes, stirring twice during this period, or until the risotto is "al dente".
Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
Add an additional 1/2 cup of broth and stir constantly for about 3 to 4 minutes until creamy.
Remove from the heat, add the cream and serve in individual bowls topped with some of the reserved mushrooms.
Bring the parmesan cheese at the table.
Drink a dry white wine with it.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #337
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Wow, azerty! That couldn't possibly suck. We'll we trying it and perhaps returning with a photo or two.

- Jim
Old 03-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #338
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Wow, azerty! That couldn't possibly suck. We'll we trying it and perhaps returning with a photo or two.

- Jim
Thank you
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #339
Jigen

Quote:
I tried your lentil soup, Jigen and it was excellent, as have been all of the recipes that you have posted and I have tried.

I don't mean to be a thorn in your side, but isn't another one about due?

- Jim
Indeed, now that I have a little more free time, I had the chance to find some more typical recipes. Here's one I like particularly, Tuscany's Brigidini.

BRIGIDINI (LAMPORECCHIO, TUSCANY)

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
Sugar: 4,2 ounces
Anise: 0,35 ounces
Salt
Flour

PREPARATION:
- Mix the ingredients and work the dough to obtain a smooth compound;
- Separate the dough in small balls, as big as nuts;
- Stretch them or press them, till they are thin as paper;
- Cook them on a hot plate until they get some colour;

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #340
Jigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by azerty View Post
I like italian food.
Wild Mushroom Risotto

6 personns

Preparation time: 15 min

Cooking time: 30 min

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounces wild mushrooms, finely chopped (don't wash them under water, just clean them with a damp cooking paper)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
5 cups chicken broth, heated
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons heavy cream

+ for serving :grated parmesan cheese

Heat the butter and oil in a heavy cast iron saucepan.
Cook the mushrooms until golden brown, and then remove from the pan.
Remove about 1/2 cup of mushrooms and set aside for serving.
Add the onions to the remaining mushrooms in the pan, and cook until they are translucent.
Add the rice and stir until it is well coated with the butte mixture.
Add the white wine, and stir continually over medium heat until it is absorbed.
Add 4 cups of hot broth to the pan and reduce the heat to medium low.
Cook the rice for 16 to 18 minutes, stirring twice during this period, or until the risotto is "al dente".
Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
Add an additional 1/2 cup of broth and stir constantly for about 3 to 4 minutes until creamy.
Remove from the heat, add the cream and serve in individual bowls topped with some of the reserved mushrooms.
Bring the parmesan cheese at the table.
Drink a dry white wine with it.
Thanks for your contribution, Azerty. I like this dish, and it's pretty surprising I never mentioned it before. Remids me of when I was a kid and we made this risotto with fresh Chanterelles (Cantharellus cibarius, "Finferlo", in Lombard Italian) that my mother's uncle brought from the alpine woods. Thanks again. ^_^
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 03-11-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #341
azerty
Life is worth living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen View Post
Thanks for your contribution, Azerty. I like this dish, and it's pretty surprising I never mentioned it before. Remids me of when I was a kid and we made this risotto with fresh Chanterelles (Cantharellus cibarius, "Finferlo", in Lombard Italian) that my mother's uncle brought from the alpine woods. Thanks again. ^_^
You're welcome. It is so good. And I know now how to say Chanterelle in English : Chanterelle Lol
Old 03-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #342
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

I couldn't find any chanterelles, so I used locally grown oyster mushrooms and followed the recipe explicitly.

What an awesome dish!

- Jim
Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #343
Jigen

OSSOBUCO ALLA MILANESE

I can't believe I've never posted this recipe before, since is a legend of Milanese cuisine. I'm putting now an end to this mistake.

INGREDIENTS:
4 veal shanks with marrow
White wine: 1 glass
Butter: 1,7 ounces
1 Onion
Olive oil: 3 spoons
White Flour: 1,7 ounces
Broth: 17 fl.oz.

- For the "Gremolada"
Garlic: 1 clove
Parsley: at will
1 lemon (grated skin)

PREPARATION:
- Put oil and butter in a pan, and add the diced onion. Cook for 15 minutes, very low flame;
- Cut the flesh on the meat's side. With this operation, the meat won't curl up;
- Cover the meat in flour, and add in the pan once the onion is done;
- Colour the meat on both sides, then add wine and let cook, medium flame, until the wine is evaporated. Then, add the broth;
- Cover with a lid, and let cook - low fire - for 1 hour and a half. Don't let the meat stick to the pan;
- Prepare the "gremolada": mince garlic and parsley, then add the lemon skin;
- Once the meat is ready, cover it with the gremolada, and serve with Risotto alla Milanese (see recipe "Risotto alla milanese con ossobuco", page 8 on this thread) or polenta.
ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #344
Jigen

Quote:
I couldn't find any chanterelles, so I used locally grown oyster mushrooms and followed the recipe explicitly.

What an awesome dish!

- Jim
Yes, it is. ^^
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 AM   #345
Jigen

LASAGNE ALLA BOLOGNESE

Another famous recipe I forgot to add. ^^ If you can, I suggest to find ORIGINAL ITALIAN PRODUCTS.

INGREDIENTS:

FOR RAGU'
1 carrot
1 onion
1 celery stick
Salt
Pepper
Tomato sauce: 7,5 fl. oz.
Olive oil: 4 spoons
Veal minced meat: 9 ounces
Minced pork meat: 9 ounces
White wine: 1 glass

FOR PASTA
Pasta for Lasagne: 1 pound
Grated Parmigiano: 7 ounces
BÚchamel: 2,2 pounds

PREPARATION:
- Prepare the Rag¨ alla Bolognese: mince the vegetables and yellow them in a pan with the oil;
- Add the meat. Cook it for 5 minutes, then add the wine and let it evaporate;
- Add tomato sauce, adjust with salt and pepper, and cook for 4 hours;
- Once the Rag¨ is ready, boil the lasagna for 4 minutes;
- Prepare an oven plate, and cover the bottom with a thin layer of rag¨, and over that a thin layer of bechamel;
- Cover with the pasta. Make sure that you cover the whole surface of the pan;
- Add another layer of rag¨, than another layer of bechamel, and then more pasta. Continue as long as you have pasta;
- Once the pasta is over, cover it with rag¨ and besciamella, and then cover everything with parmigiano;
- Cook in the oven, 250░C for 50-60 minutes. Control as it cooks, and avoid the pasta to burn.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 AM   #346
Jigen

LASAGNE AL PESTO GENOVESE

This is a nice variation of the original lasagna.

INGREDIENTS:

Pasta for Lasagne: 1 pound
Grated Parmigiano: 7 ounces
BÚchamel: 2,2 pounds
Pesto genovese: 1 pound

PREPARATION:
- Boil the pasta for 4 minutes;
- Cover the bottom of an oven pan with a thin layer of pesto, and then with the bechamel;
- Cover with the pasta;
- Continue to add sauce and pasta as long as you have them;
- Cover it with parmigiano, and cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes, 250░C.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #347
azerty
Life is worth living

Thanks for sharing
Soo good
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #348
Jigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by azerty View Post
Thanks for sharing
Soo good
You're welcome. ^^
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #349
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

OK. Osso Bucco.

I LOVE this stuff. Do y'all have any recipes/suggestions?

- Jim
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #350
Jigen

ZUPPA STRACCIATELLA (ROME)

INGREDIENTS:
Meat broth: 34 fl oz
3 eggs
Nutmeg
Parsley

PREPARATION:
- Break the eggs in a cup, then add salt, pepper, nutmeg and parsley. Whip the compound;
- Boil the broth, and add the compound;
- Add the compound, and let it cook for a few minutes;
- Serve hot with a little Parmigiano.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
italia, italian cooking, italy, pasta, pizza