Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #76
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OMG!!! This thread! I just got so friggen hungry - a fridge raid is in order
Old 11-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #77
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
OMG!!! This thread! I just got so friggen hungry - a fridge raid is in order
THanks, Tau. ^_^ What's your favourite recipe?
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 11-14-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #78
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Can you make pesto sauce? Or spaghetti with apples in it? I saw it on an Italian cooking show once..
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #79
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Can you make pesto sauce? Or spaghetti with apples in it? I saw it on an Italian cooking show once..
Pesto it's a preparation which requires attentions and a lot of time. I must say that a TRUE Pesto must NEVER BE GRINDED. Basil leaves must be MASHED in a stone mortar, with a wooden pestel, for several hours. The smaller leaves are once mashed, the better. I have taken pictures of the Pesto preparation for my Youtube page, but I could'nt find them anymore. Probabily my father erased the camera's memory by mistake before I could save them on the PC. Once the plants on my balcony will start to make leaves again, I'll make the recipe, but I'll have to wait for this Spring. Some shops sell Basil leaves, but are pretty expensive. But keep in touch, I will come up with something. For now, I can propose you a recipe with pesto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uazmbgjdbto

It's called "Trenette with potatoes and green beans". Trenette are a kind of long pasta, cooked with potatoes and green beans, typical recipe from Genua.

About Spaghetti and Apples, you are taking me by surprise, because is a recipe I never heard of. But I can document myself. ^_^

See you soon. I'll see if I can find some Basil leaves one of these days. Thanks again. ^_^
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 11-15-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:53 AM   #80
Jigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Last sunday I have tried pork meat with apple sauce. This gave me an idea for the recipe. Maybe I'll make it soon. ^_^
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-29-2009, 05:21 AM   #81
Jigen

RICE AND APPLES (TRENTINO ALTO-ADIGE - SUDTIROL)

Videorecipe, in Italian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivnYYcTHhU For those who don't speak this language, here is the translation. I hope you like it.

INGREDIENTI (5 servings)
Rice - 14 ounces
Apples - 2 (Golden or Granny Smith are OK)
Broth - 0,2 gallons
Nutmeg
White Pepper
Olive Oil
Onion

PREPARATION:
- Put the broth to boil;
- Cover the bottom of a pan with a thin layer of oil;
- Warm the oil;
- Mince the onion and yellow it in the oil;
- Wash, skin and dice the apples;
- Put HALF of the apples with the onion. Cook for 5 minutes;
- Add the rice. Toast for 5 minutes, then add the boiling broth;
- Cook for 10 minutes;
- Add the rest of the apples, and cook for 10 minutes;
- Serve. Add pepper and nutmeg, and coger with grated cheese;

Enjoy.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #82
Jigen

I have recently updated my youtube page. The recipes are now 56, mostly pasta recipes, but I have added also pies, meat and fish. Probably I'll post more recipes once I'll have completed my university duties.
For now, I'll show you something typical:

TORTELLI (stuffed pasta) with Pumpkin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiFBIbqf1iE

LONZA with milk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqzUoVo4ouw

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #83
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Jigen you are torturing palettes with these wonderful photos...

Loved the video have to rep you for sharing such goodness and I like this thread

I have some questions to ask

1. What is Lonza ( is this a pork in a cream sauce?)

2. What special dishes will you be posting for XMAS and the New Years

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #84
Jigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Jigen you are torturing palettes with these wonderful photos...

Loved the video have to rep you for sharing such goodness and I like this thread

I have some questions to ask

1. What is Lonza ( is this a pork in a cream sauce?)

2. What special dishes will you be posting for XMAS and the New Years
Answers:
1. Lonza is a part of swines. I think in English you call it "loin". It's the part on the back of the swine, above the leg.

I have obtained the sauce mincing the meat's sauce with the vegetables with a mixer.

2. So, I have started cooking this morning at 08:00 AM (2:00 AM, New York hour), and I have finished (for now). Since tomorrow morning I will be too busy with those preparations which can't be cooked with anticipation. I have prepared three kind of pasta rolls, called Nidi di Rondine, or Rotoli di pasta ripieni:
- Pasta roll with cheese and spinachs
- Pasta roll with mortadella and cheese
- Pasta roll with Genua Pesto, Ricotta and goat cheese
Then, as the second dish, I have prepared stew cooked in broth, vegetables and wine. I tried to contain myself, since I will not be the only one who will cook tomorrow. I'll have to prepare more stew with various kinds of meat tomorrow, and probably my mother's cousine will bring tortelli, and who knows what else. I'll post the recipes as soon as I can, together with a menu. Tomorrow is gonna be fattening...
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 12-24-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #85
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen View Post
Answers:
1. Lonza is a part of swines. I think in English you call it "loin". It's the part on the back of the swine, above the leg.

I have obtained the sauce mincing the meat's sauce with the vegetables with a mixer.

2. So, I have started cooking this morning at 08:00 AM (2:00 AM, New York hour), and I have finished (for now). Since tomorrow morning I will be too busy with those preparations which can't be cooked with anticipation. I have prepared three kind of pasta rolls, called Nidi di Rondine, or Rotoli di pasta ripieni:
- Pasta roll with cheese and spinachs
- Pasta roll with mortadella and cheese
- Pasta roll with Genua Pesto, Ricotta and goat cheese
Then, as the second dish, I have prepared stew cooked in broth, vegetables and wine. I tried to contain myself, since I will not be the only one who will cook tomorrow. I'll have to prepare more stew with various kinds of meat tomorrow, and probably my mother's cousine will bring tortelli, and who knows what else. I'll post the recipes as soon as I can, together with a menu. Tomorrow is gonna be fattening...
Thanks for the explanation. don't forget to post pics of this wonderful holiday feast and happy holidays to you Jigen

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:51 AM   #86
Jigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Thanks for the explanation. don't forget to post pics of this wonderful holiday feast and happy holidays to you Jigen
Don't worry, I will post them as soon as possible. Is it possible to attach pictures from my hard disk?
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #87
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You can upload photos from your computer and attach them to your posts by clicking the "manage attachments" button. When you're making your post, just scroll down to the "additional options" section and you'll find the button.

I keep seeing things in this thread I want to try.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #88
Jigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
You can upload photos from your computer and attach them to your posts by clicking the "manage attachments" button. When you're making your post, just scroll down to the "additional options" section and you'll find the button.

I keep seeing things in this thread I want to try.
Thanks! ^_^
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #89
Lonewulf

Lonewulf can now change their title
Default Giambotta

Giambotta

2 medium red peppers, cored, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 large tomatoes, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 medium waxy potatoes (like Yukon gold), peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 small carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 small zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large onion, diced
1/4 c. water or stock
2 Tbsp olive oil
Basil leaves, torn into pieces or dried
Salt and pepper to taste

Layer the cut vegetables, starting with the hardier ones such as potato and carrot, into a large Dutch oven or stockpot; sprinkle each layer gently with salt. Add water and oil and put over medium heat. In very little time, the vegetables will begin to break down and release their juices, and what started out as a pot of dry veggies will become a juicy stew. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.

Remove from heat, and stir in the freshly torn basil. (Don't tear the basil too far ahead as it may discolor.) Serve hot or room temperature, with Italian bread.
Lonewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #90
Lonewulf

Default Pasta Milano

PASTA MILANO

6 oz. butter
18 oz. grilled chicken, sliced
12 oz. sun-dried tomatoes
12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
6 Tbs. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
36 oz. roasted garlic cream sauce *
36 oz. bowtie pasta (about 6 oz. per serving)
Italian parsley sprig, if desired

Cook the pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, sautÚ butter
and mushrooms about 30 seconds. Add the roasted garlic cream
sauce and Parmesan; heat thoroughly. Remove pasta from water
and drain. Add pasta to the sautÚ pan and mix well. Garnish
with Parmesan cheese and Italian parsley sprig.

RECIPE FOR ROASTED GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
Can be used for the 36 oz. of Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
for the Pasta Milano recipe.

1 quart heavy cream
1 head roasted garlic
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons fresh parsley - coarsely chopped
1 pound pasta
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup Parmesan cheese - grated

In a blender process cream and roasted garlic until smooth.
In a large saucepan, combine garlic cream, pepper, and 2 tablespoons
of the parsley. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.

Add salt and Parmesan to mixture, stir until sauce has thickened.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #91
Lonewulf

Default Pink Vodka Sauce

PINK VODKA SAUCE

2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds ripe, fresh tomatoes;
or 1 1/2 pounds canned tomatoes, preferably Italian imported, drained
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
1 pound dried penne, preferably imported Italian
6-8 large leaves basil, sliced into ribbons
2 tablespoons vodka
1 cup heavy cream
Coarse-grained salt

TO COOK THE PASTA:
Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and when the
oil is warm add the chopped garlic and sautÚ for 1 minute. If using
fresh tomatoes, cut them into 1-inch pieces. Add fresh or canned tomatoes
to pan and cook for 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then
add the red pepper flakes. Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil.
Meanwhile, place the skillet over low heat and simmer sauce as you cook the pasta. Add coarse salt to the boiling water, then add the pasta and cook for 8 to 11 minutes depending on the brand, that is. 1 minute less than for normal al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the tomato sauce. Add the vodka, mix very well, and raise the heat to medium. SautÚ for 1 minute, stirring the pasta vigorously with a wooden spoon. Add the cream; taste for salt and pepper. Mix for 30 seconds to allow the cream to get well absorbed into the pasta, then sprinkle on the parsley, transfer pasta to a warmed serving dish, and serve immediately.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #92
Lonewulf

Default Italian Porketta Sandwiches

ITALIAN PORKETTA SANDWICHES

2-3 pound(s) Pork roast, boneless
2 teaspoon(s) Red pepper, crushed
2 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
3 teaspoon(s) Salt
1 teaspoon Onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Thyme, dried
3 large Bay leaf(s)
Olive oil
Grind and combine all spices except bay leaves.

Coat roast with Olive oil.
Rub spices in and wrap in plastic wrap.
Marinate in refrigerator for 1-2 days. 2 days is best.
Place in roasting pan with NO additional liquid. Add 3 bay leafs on top of roast.
Cook at low heat until internal meat temp reaches 200║. At 225║ it will take 2 hours/pound.
Pull apart and serve on crusty rolls.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #93
Lonewulf

Default Spagetti Aglio e Olio

Spagetti Aglio e Olio

Ingredients
Spaghetti
olive oil
whole garlic clove
4-5 anchovies
a pinch of oregano
1 small chilli
Parsley, chopped

Put the oil into a large fry pan, heat and gently fry one whole garlic clove. As soon as the garlic colors lightly, take it out and put in the anchovies which have been cleaned and chopped. Let this flavor over a very low heat, stirring the anchovies with a wooden spoon till they become a pulp.
When the anchovies are completely mush, add a pinch of oregano and at the last moment a good piece of chli and a spoon of finely chopped parsley.
Cook the pasta al dente in a big pot of salted, rapidly boiling water then drain in a colander. Toss through the sauce and serve immediately into heated bowls. Top with extra parsley
Old 01-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #94
Lonewulf

Default Fettuccine Carbonara

Fettuccine Carbonara

1 lb. fettuccine
4 oz. pancetta
2 tbs. olive oil
3 egg yolks
4 oz. grated Pecorino
salt
pepper

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced pancetta and fry until crisp and brown, 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a bowl beat together egg yolks, Pecorino cheese, salt and a generous amount of pepper. Set aside.
Cook the fettuccine in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, strain and pour back into pot. Over a low flame, add the cooked pancetta and the egg mix, allow the heat to cook the eggs for a few minutes. Toss well, sprinkle some more cheese on top and serve immediately.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #95
Lonewulf

Default Baked Rigatoni with Four Cheeses

Baked Rigatoni with Four Cheeses

1 tablespoon salt, plus more to taste
1 pound dried pasta such as fusilli, penne, rigatoni, or ziti
6 tablespoons 3/4 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour, preferably unbleached
4 cups milk
2 cups evaporated milk
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
1 1/2 cups each freshly shredded Gruyere cheese (about 5 ounces),
freshly shredded Emmenthaler cheese (about 4 1/2 ounces),
freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 5 ounces)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 4 ounces), preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano

Stir the 1 tablespoon salt into a large pot of rapidly boiling water. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook, stirring frequently, until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain into a colander, rinse under cold running water, drain again, transfer to a large bowl, and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and set aside.
In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking or stirring almost constantly, until bubbly and fragrant, about 5 minutes; do not brown. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the milk and evaporated milk and bring just to a boil over medium- high heat. Pour all at once into the butter and flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Place the pan over medium heat and cook, whisking or stirring constantly, until thick- ened, about 5 minutes. Pour over the cooked pasta and stir to thoroughly coat the pasta. Spread the pasta evenly in the prepared baking dish.
In a bowl, combine the four cheeses, then sprinkle evenly over the pasta. Lightly dust the top with grated nutmeg and bake until the cheese melts and the pasta is heated through, about 25 minutes.
Transfer the baking dish to the broiler and cook until the cheese is slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #96
Lonewulf

Default Italian Bread

Italian Bread

Ingredients
2 packages quick-rise yeast
5 cups flour (King Arthur)
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups warm water (110 degrees)

Preparation
Combine first five ingredients, yeast last and let dissolve for 2 minutes. Mix in 2 cups of flour with a whisk until creamy. Mix in 2 more cups of flour and stir for 2 minutes with wooden spoon. Stir in enough additional flour to cause the dough to pull away from the sides of the bowl.

Turn out on floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 8-10 minutes). Put in greased bowl (olive oil for a less crusty bread), turn to coat and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled (1.5 hours). Punch dough down. Divide into two and shape as loaves and allow them to rise a second time (approx. 45 minutes). Slide loaves onto a baking stone in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until hollow when tapped on top. I usually put a water soaked sneaker shoelace across the top of the loaf, this will cause it to split.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #97
Lonewulf

Default Italian Sesame Cookies

ITALIAN SESAME COOKIES

Ingredients
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup shortening
4 eggs
1/4 c. orange juice or grated skin of 1 orange
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Sesame seeds

Preparation
Sift dry ingredients together. Add shortening and mix well. Add
juice, eggs and vanilla and mix together. Turn on floured board.
Knead a few minutes. Slice pieces of dough and roll into strips, cut
each strip about 2 inches in size. Roll each piece in sesame seeds
that have been dampened with a little water. Place on lightly
greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 18
minutes or until lightly browned.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #98
Lonewulf

Default Italian Prosciutto Bread

Italian Prosciutto Bread

Ingredients

1 packages quick-rise yeast
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive oil ( or bacon drippings )
1 cups warm water (110 degrees)
Ham or Prosciutto cubes

Preparation
Combine first five ingredients, yeast last and let dissolve for 2 minutes. Mix in 1 cup of flour with a whisk until creamy. Mix in 1 more cup of flour and stir for 2 minutes with wooden spoon. Stir in enough additional flour to cause the dough to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
* If using bacon replace 2 tablespoons olive oil. Deglaze pan with water and add to mixture.

Turn out on floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 8-10 minutes). Put in greased bowl (olive oil for a less crusty bread), turn to coat and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled (1.5 hours). Punch dough down. Roll into a ring and rise a second time (approx. 45 minutes). Slide loaves onto a baking sheet or pizza stone in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until hollow when tapped on top.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #99
Lonewulf

Default Italian Cream Puffs

Italian Cream Puffs

4 eggs
1/2 cup butter
1 cup boiling water
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine butter, salt, and water. Heat to boiling. Sift flour and measure.
Add the boiling mixture. Beat vigorously until mixture leaves side of the
pan and doesn't stick to the spoon. Remove from fire. Cool
slightly. Add the unbeaten eggs one at a time. Beat thoroughly after the
addition of each egg until the mixture is smooth. Drop by tablespoons into
well oiled muffin pan. Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes Lower heat to
350 degrees.

Continue baking for 10 min. Remove from oven . Cut a slice in the side and
stuff with whipped cream or fruit. Serves: 6
Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #100
Lonewulf

Default Struffoli

STRUFFOLI

3 1/2 cups flour
6 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon (Sambuca, Grand Marnier or flavor of choice)
4 cups vegetable, for frying
2 cups honey
Powdered sugar, for dusting

In a mixing bowl, place flour, eggs, yolk, salt and flavoring. Mix well to form a firm dough, 8 to 10 minutes. Place in the refrigerator and allow to rest 30 minutes.

Remove from the refrigerator and cut golf ball-sized pieces of dough from the main batch. Roll each ball into a 1/2-inch thick dowel (rope) and cut each dowel into 1/2-inch pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and continue until finished with all dough.

In a 12 to 14-inch skillet with at least 3-inch sides, heat the oil to 375 degrees F. Drop enough balls in to cover about half of the surface of frying oil and cook until dark golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to turn them regularly, and expect them to puff up while cooking. As they finish, remove them to a tray covered with paper towels, and drain well. This should take at least 5 batches.

When all of the struffoli are cooked, heat the honey in a wide 6 to 8 quart saucepan until quite warm, about 150 degrees F, and substantially thinner. Add struffoli to honey and stir carefully until well coated. Remove from heat and allow to cool 5 minutes in the pan, stirring regularly. Pour out into a large serving tray in the form of either a pyramid or a ring mold. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.

Tags
italia, italian cooking, italy, pasta, pizza