Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 AM   #126
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

TORTA MARGHERITA (6 servings)

INGREDIENTS:
Flour: 5,3 ounces
4 eggs
Sugar: 5,3 ounces
Butter: 2,5 ounces
Potato flour: 4,2 ounces
milk: 1/2 glass
lemon
powdered sugar
Chemical yeast: 1 bag

PREPARATION:
- Put the yolks, add the sugar and mix;
- Add the butter, at room temperature;
- Once the dough is solid, slowly add flour, potato flour, yeast, milkgrated lemon skin;
- Work the egg whites solid with a pinch of salt, and add to the dough;
- Butter and flour a metal pie stamp. Cook at 180C, for 45-50 minutes;
- Let it cool down and dust with powdered sugar.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #127
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am curious Jigen, the recipe for TORTA DI PANE ANANAS E CIOCCOLATO calls for 1 box of chocolate powder....can you give me a measure please
Old 02-24-2010, 04:09 AM   #128
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
I am curious Jigen, the recipe for TORTA DI PANE ANANAS E CIOCCOLATO calls for 1 box of chocolate powder....can you give me a measure please
Oh, right. Usually, it weights 2,6 ounces. I'm used to cook by eye.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #129
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen View Post
Oh, right. Usually, it weights 2,6 ounces. I'm used to cook by eye.
Ah cool, thank you!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:12 AM   #130
Jigen

Quote:
Ah cool, thank you!
You're welcome. If you want more cakes and pies recipes, I can provide. If you want, we can exchange them via MSN. I wonder how is Australian cooking. I never tried it.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #131
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
You're welcome. If you want more cakes and pies recipes, I can provide. If you want, we can exchange them via MSN. I wonder how is Australian cooking. I never tried it.
Hmm, I don't really know that Australian cooking exists. We have such a mix of cuisines over here. I once found a very old and rare Aussie cookbook, that contained recipes for Budgerigar, Possum and Kangaroo Pies. LOL, I am pretty sure not one eats Budgies any more, the same with Possums.

But Emu, Kangaroos and Crocodiles, even Buffalo are now served in some restuarants here. I have never tried any of them, just can't do it.

We are pretty much known for the great Aussie Meat Pie, Lamb (mostly roasts) and Damper.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #132
Jigen

Quote:
Hmm, I don't really know that Australian cooking exists. We have such a mix of cuisines over here. I once found a very old and rare Aussie cookbook, that contained recipes for Budgerigar, Possum and Kangaroo Pies. LOL, I am pretty sure not one eats Budgies any more, the same with Possums.

But Emu, Kangaroos and Crocodiles, even Buffalo are now served in some restuarants here. I have never tried any of them, just can't do it.

We are pretty much known for the great Aussie Meat Pie, Lamb (mostly roasts) and Damper.
Speaking of ingredients which are hard to find... O_o What is your favourite dish, in general?
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #133
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
Speaking of ingredients which are hard to find... O_o What is your favourite dish, in general?
Roast pork, crackling and a whole pile of roast vegetables with gravy.
And for dessert...a home made Chocolate self saucing pudding with raspberries and cream.

Not very fancy, but that to me is pure comfort food

What about you...what is your favourite?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #134
Jigen

Quote:
Roast pork, crackling and a whole pile of roast vegetables with gravy.
And for dessert...a home made Chocolate self saucing pudding with raspberries and cream.

Not very fancy, but that to me is pure comfort food

What about you...what is your favourite?
It's hard to decide. I like a lot of things. I love meat.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #135
Jigen

PIZZA ALLA MARINARA (NAPLES)

INGREDIENTS
Pizza dough: 25 ounces
Tomato sauce: 17 fluid ounces
Garlic: 1 clove
Origanum
Olive oil

PREPARATION:
- Put the dough in a oven pan and spread it over the pan
- Riddle the dough with a fork, so it won't inflate too much
- Warm the oven at 250C
- Put the tomato sauce on the pizza.
- Cut the garlic in very thin layers and spread it over the pizza
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Cover with oreganum and finish with a little olive oil

And finally, I have added on my Youtube page the first of a series of Pizza recipes I plan to update. I bought the dough at the mall, but soon I'll post the recipe for a homemade pizza from raw materials to the dish. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xuZQla_zsE

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 02-27-2010 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #136
Jigen

PASTA RUCOLA E BRESAOLA (LOMBARDY)

INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
Bresaola (salted and dried Cattle beef): 3,5 ounces
Arugula: 1 cup
12 cherries tomatoes
Grana Padano: 1 slice
Short Pasta: 14 ounces

PREPARATION
- Cut the Bresaola in small dices and put it in a pot;
- Cut the arugula, and add to bresaola;
- Cut the tomatoes in four, and add
- Break the Grana in scales, and add to the compound
- Boil the pasta AL DENTE, drain them and put it in the pot
- Mix the pasta, and serve.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #137
Jigen

Just a quick update. I just wanted you to see my results with some of the previous recipes, which seem to have had a good success.

TORTA DI PANE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZYR4zoQyrE
BRUSCHETTE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XTQ2FY1G8
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #138
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

So I finally got to make the TORTA DI PANE ANANAS E CIOCCOLATO....it came out beautifully. There is only one problem. I got called away after I pulled it out of the oven, and my family demolished it in one sitting! I have no idea how it tasted lol!

I have another one planned for the coming weekend, and I am determined to get me some before it disappears again.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 AM   #139
Jigen

Quote:
So I finally got to make the TORTA DI PANE ANANAS E CIOCCOLATO....it came out beautifully. There is only one problem. I got called away after I pulled it out of the oven, and my family demolished it in one sitting! I have no idea how it tasted lol!

I have another one planned for the coming weekend, and I am determined to get me some before it disappears again.
I guess it was good, judging from your family's reaction. However, you can add whatever you want. The basic dough is: bread soaked up with milk. The rest is just an addition.
Maybe you can cook two of them, saving the smaller one for you. ^_^
May I add your Messenger contact to my contacts?
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 03-15-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #140
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Just a quick update. I just wanted you to see my results with some of the previous recipes, which seem to have had a good success.

TORTA DI PANE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZYR4zoQyrE
BRUSCHETTE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XTQ2FY1G8
Jigen -

Great photos! I love your choice of music, too.

Just because this thread doesn't get a lot of comments, doesn't mean we aren't watching (almost 4K hits). It's always the first thing I check when I go to The Foodee Board.

Please continue.

- Jim
Old 03-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #141
Jigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Jigen -

Great photos! I love your choice of music, too.

Just because this thread doesn't get a lot of comments, doesn't mean we aren't watching (almost 4K hits). It's always the first thing I check when I go to The Foodee Board.

Please continue.

- Jim
I sure will. I'm just trying to balance my cooking duties with my universitiy duties (this November I'd like to substain my thesis).
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #142
Jigen

First things first, I would like to thank all the 4K viewers which honoured me of their interest. Thank you all. ^-^

TORTA PASQUALINA

A typical easter dish.
Puff pastry: 7 ounces
Beet: 2,2 pounds
Parmesan: 3,5 ounces
Buttermilk curd: 9 ounces
11 Eggs
Oil: 1 glass
Nutmeg: 1 pinch
Pepper: at will

PREPARATION:
- Wash the vegetales and stew them in a little salted water for ten minutes. Strain them and eliminate the exceeding water;
- In a pot whip 4 eggs with the curd, add salt, pepper and parmesan. Mix the beet, oil and egg;
- Oil a circular oven pan and cover it with part of the pastry;
- Pour the vegetables in the pastry;
- Make six holes, where to pour the eggs, without breaking the yolk;
- Add parmesan and pepper, then cover with the remaining pastry closing the sides;
- Pinch it with a fork to let the steam go out from the pie,
- Use the egg to brush the top of the pie;
- Cook for 60 minutes.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 PM   #143
Jigen

Oh, I forgot to add. For those who don't like Beets, you can substitute them with the same quantity of spinach.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 03-31-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #144
Jigen

RICE WITH LEEKS

Rice: 10.5 ounces
2 leek
Beef Broth: 34 fl. ounces
Parmesan
Pepper
Salt
Oil

PREPARATION:
- Cover the bottom of a large pan with olive oil and warm it;
- Cut the leek in small coins;
- Put the leek in the oil and cook them until they have softened;
- Add the rice. Mix and toast it for 5 minutes;
- Cover the rice with broth. Let it cook for 20-30 minutes, and in case, add more broth until the rice is done
- Serve and dust with pepper (facultative) and parmesan at will.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 AM   #145
Creepy
Beer Snob

Creepy can now change their title

Great thread Jigen.

BUT: Inter or Milan?
Old 04-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #146
Jigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
Great thread Jigen.

BUT: Inter or Milan?
Thanks. ^-^
I don't follow Soccer, sorry.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #147
Jigen

PASTIERA (NAPLES)

INGREDIENTS

- SHORTCRUST PASTRY:
Butter: 4,5 ounces
Flour: 9 ounces
2 Eggs
Vanillin: 1 bag
Powdered Sugar: 3,5 ounces

- STUFFING
Cooked wheat: 9 ounces
Milk: 7 ounces
Sugar: 13 ounces
Oranges flowers water: 1 ounce
Candied oranges: 2 ounces
Butter: 1 ounce
Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
Candied citron: 2 ounces
1 lemon
Ricotta cheese (cow and sheep): 13 ounces combined
4 eggs
Vanilline: 1 bag

OTHER:
1 egg yolk
Powdered sugar

PREPARATION: SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- Cut the butter in small dices;
- Put the flour in a mixer and add the butter;
- Mix the butter and the flour;
- Put the compound in a bowl. Add the sugar and 1 whole egg and the wolk of the second egg;
- Add the grated lemon skin and vanilline;
- Work the compound until you obtain a smooth and solid compound;
- Wrap the ball of pastry in the cling film;
- Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.

PREPARATION: STUFFING
- In a pot, put the wheat, milk, butter, and lemon skin;
- Cook on low fire until you obtain a dense compound;
- Put the compound in a bowl, and let it cool down;
- In the mixer put 2 whole eggs, and 2 yolks, add sugar, ricotta cheese, orange flowers water, vanilline and cinnamon;
- Mix until you obtain a fluid and smooth compound;

PREPARATION:
- Take away a small quantity of pastry. You will need it later. Stretch the pastry and
- Butter a round baking tin with high sides, and put the stretched pastry on the bottom;
- Mix the wheat compound and the ricotta cheese compound. Add the candied fruits and mix;
- Pour the compound in the tin;
- With the remaining pastry prepare some thin stripes you have to put on the top of the compound, crossing them like a grid;
- Brush the pastry stripes with a egg yolk;
- Warm the oven at 200C and cook for 1 hour;
- Let it cool down, and then dust it with powdered sugar.

CALORIES: 400 calories for 100 grams.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 AM   #148
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
First things first, I would like to thank all the 4K viewers which honoured me of their interest. Thank you all. ^-^

TORTA PASQUALINA

A typical easter dish.
Puff pastry: 7 ounces
Beet: 2,2 pounds
Parmesan: 3,5 ounces
Buttermilk curd: 9 ounces
11 Eggs
Oil: 1 glass
Nutmeg: 1 pinch
Pepper: at will

PREPARATION:
- Wash the vegetales and stew them in a little salted water for ten minutes. Strain them and eliminate the exceeding water;
- In a pot whip 4 eggs with the curd, add salt, pepper and parmesan. Mix the beet, oil and egg;
- Oil a circular oven pan and cover it with part of the pastry;
- Pour the vegetables in the pastry;
- Make six holes, where to pour the eggs, without breaking the yolk;
- Add parmesan and pepper, then cover with the remaining pastry closing the sides;
- Pinch it with a fork to let the steam go out from the pie,
- Use the egg to brush the top of the pie;
- Cook for 60 minutes.

ENJOY.

Oh yum, Jigen...I will have to give this one a go
Old 04-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #149
Jigen

STROZZAPRETI (PRIEST-STRANGLERS) - EMILIA-ROMAGNA

INGREDIENTS (6 people)
White flour: 2.2 pounds
Water: 10 fl.oz.
salt
For seasoning: see "Rag alla Bolognese".

PREPARATION:
- Place the flour in a bowl, add a little salt;
- Start adding slowly the water, and work the compound with bare hands;
- Once the dough is smooth and soft, stretch it with a rolling pin, dusted with flour until you obtain a sheet of two millimeters in height;
- Divide the dough in squares with sides of 1 inches;
- Bathe your hands in cold water and roll the squares;
- Boil a pot of salted water and cook the Strozzapreti until they are "al dente";
- Add the Bolognese Sauce and serve.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #150
Jigen

NUTELLA (R) CHOCOLATE PIE

Starting from an idea I got from one of BigcutieBritt's posts, I posted the recipe for an ice-cream cake. I found this recipe on the internet. I hope you will like this.

INGREDIENTS (12 people)
Nutella (R) Or chocolate cream: 14 ounces
Chocolate Ice Cream: 31 ounces
Strawberry Ice-Cream: 31 ounces
Milk Ice Cream: 31 ounces
Grinded nuts
Chocolate drops
Whipped cream
(I have added these ingredients to the original recipe to make it more "pumped" )

PREPARATION:
- Take the ice creams out of the fridge fot a couple of hours, so that when you use them, they are soft;
- Save three spoons of chocolate cream for decoration;
- Take a cake pan, possibly one which sides can be detached from the base (Sorry, I don't know the specific name for this kind of pan), put the chocolate ice cream on the bottom;
- Put on it half of the chocolate cream whitout spreading it;
- Put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes;
- Take the pan out of the refrigerator and pour the strawberry ice cream on it;
- Cover with the remaining chocolate cream and put in the refrigerator for 30 more minutes;
- Take it out of the refrigerator and add the remaining milk ice-cream. Level the top of the cake with a spoon;
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes;
- Add the Chocolate cream you spare at the beginning, wrap it in cling film and let it rest for at least 6 hours;
- Before serving it, let it warm up at room temperature;
- Add the whipped cream and chocolate drops on the top of the cake;
- Detach the sides of the pan, helping the cake with a knife, so that it will detach from the sides without breaking;
- Decorate with Whipped cream and chocolate drops;
- Try to spread the grinded nuts on the sides of the cake;
- Add more whipped cream and chocolate drops on the dish, after you served the slice.

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 04-15-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Tags
italia, italian cooking, italy, pasta, pizza