Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 06-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Pride Month is Here-What's Going On?

So, now that we can celebrate Gay Pride for a whole month, including the 40th anniversary of Stonewall, let's talk about what we're doing, what events are happening in our communities, and so forth.

I'd love to go to NYC for their pride, but no funds, alas. I hope to squeeze in two pride festivals close to home, though.

Happy Pride Month to you all!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wow! I was looking up gay pride events in the UK and there was a 'Bear Pride' in Manchester!! i missed it though.. but how cool is that!
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Wow! I was looking up gay pride events in the UK and there was a 'Bear Pride' in Manchester!! i missed it though.. but how cool is that!
That is cool. The bears are the best.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

They sure are!
If i knew about bear pride i would have gone.. i am such a 'goldilocks'!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Our Pride week is usually pretty decent.

http://www.pridetoronto.com/
Old 06-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well I'm in New York City so you know EXACTLY where I'll be, front and center with camera in hand to document it all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Pride in the Park! Woo!
*so excited*
Round these parts, we have a group of people that use large, rainbow umbrellas to keep the haterz away from info. booths, performers and the like. They're awesome x 10.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh, and butchy. You should come up to philly. It's not *that* far, now is it?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
Well I'm in New York City so you know EXACTLY where I'll be, front and center with camera in hand to document it all.
Whoot! You need to show us the pics here!! Cant wait to see!!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
Oh, and butchy. You should come up to philly. It's not *that* far, now is it?
Hmm, tempting. What weekend is Philly pride, anyway? *goes to look at calendar*
Old 06-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

June 14thh....
Old 06-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #12
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
June 14thh....
Ugh, that is the same date as DC's pride, and I've already made plans. Boo hoo. Baltimore's is the next weekend, you should come down for that!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #13
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Chicago's Pride is at the end of the month. The plan is to fully take in the festivities.

Happy Pride, queers (and allies)!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #14
GWARrior

GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Unfortunately, the really awesome gay hotspot near me (Northampton MA is SO GAY!!!!) already had its Pride and I wasnt able to make it. My bff is going to Pride in Boston, but unless I come up with some freakin funds before then, Im sitting that one out too.
GWARrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post
Chicago's Pride is at the end of the month. The plan is to fully take in the festivities.

Happy Pride, queers (and allies)!
why do I have a feeling Chicago Pride is.... insanity and a half?

good insanity... but still. haha.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here's a pic of one of the announcers and I from last year's parade. I planning on getting up bright and early to hopefully had as awesome a viewing position and as awesome a time as I did year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #17
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Rochester has an entire week of events going on but not until July. Pride Parade/Streets of Pride is on the 18th of July. I'm excited!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

This is what's going on in my neck of the woods:

http://www.anchoragepride.com/

I've been very busy lately, but I want to go to at least some of the events if I can.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #19
knottedsouls
Organized Chaos

knottedsouls can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesknottedsouls can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Pittsburgh, Pa Pride

Here is what's going on in Pittsburgh:

http://pittsburghpride.org

Unfortunatly it is at the same time as Philly's pride (June 14th) I was thinking about going out to philly to catch pride there this year not realizing that Pittsburgh's was at the same time *sigh*

It will be fun, I have the 2008 and 2009 winner of the drag king contest that I ran this year performing (woo woo!) as well as the first runner up, and of course there will be lots of other interesting perfomers, ensembles (sp?), bands and what have you.

Ill be working at pride ( as I have for the past several years) at the Youth Activities Booth, more then likely covered in glitter, baubles and paint the entire time...and loving every minute of it. If you are in the area, feel free to drop by and say hey!

Last edited by knottedsouls; 06-09-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: my typing is in sad need of improvement...
knottedsouls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 AM   #20
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottedsouls View Post
Here is what's going on in Pittsburgh:

http://pittsburghpride.org

Unfortunatly it is at the same time as Philly's pride (June 14th) I was thinking about going out to philly to catch pride there this year not realizing that Pittsburgh's was at the same time *sigh*

It will be fun, I have the 2008 and 2009 winner of the drag king contest that I ran this year performing (woo woo!) as well as the first runner up, and of course there will be lots of other interesting perfomers, ensembles (sp?), bands and what have you.

Ill be working at pride ( as I have for the past several years) at the Youth Activities Booth, more then likely covered in glitter, baubles and paint the entire time...and loving every minute of it. If you are in the area, feel free to drop by and say hey!
Sounds like you're going to have so much fun-I wish I could come and hang out with you and the drag kings. I keep trying to get everyone in the mid-atlantic to come to Baltimore's pride, since it seems to be a week later than all the other prides in the area. So, PA people, come over to B'more, hon.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:59 AM   #21
mergirl

oh i SOOO wish i could come to Baltimore pride!! I would come dressed as a John waters character. Its funny, i dont have any interest in visiting places like New york, San Fran, Florida etc etc ..but i would love to visit a trailer park in Baltimore!! lmao Though, i will come to Florida..just to say hello to the manatees.
Hope you have a fab pride y'all!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:03 AM   #22
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
oh i SOOO wish i could come to Baltimore pride!! I would come dressed as a John waters character. Its funny, i dont have any interest in visiting places like New york, San Fran, Florida etc etc ..but i would love to visit a trailer park in Baltimore!! lmao Though, i will come to Florida..just to say hello to the manatees.
Hope you have a fab pride y'all!
Baltimore is such an interesting place, although a lot of people talk smack about it. Have a "Homicide" or "The Wire" DVD viewing marathon, and you might not want to come to Charm City after all, though.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #23
SparklingBBW
What's new pussycat?

SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
Baltimore is such an interesting place, although a lot of people talk smack about it. Have a "Homicide" or "The Wire" DVD viewing marathon, and you might not want to come to Charm City after all, though.
I'd at least make an attempt at sneaking in and out of the city to get one of Duff's cakes!

*Pride this year in C-bus is the weekend of the Dims bash in case anyone is interested.
SparklingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:30 AM   #24
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genarose54 View Post
I'd at least make an attempt at sneaking in and out of the city to get one of Duff's cakes!

*Pride this year in C-bus is the weekend of the Dims bash in case anyone is interested.
Funny how that show now makes people associate Baltimore with his cakes, instead of crab cakes. It would be a crime not to have a crab something or other if you come to Baltimore!

I have to say, I don't watch the show, but they need to make a cake made out of Berger's cookies, looking like a package of Berger's cookies. Also, a cake that looks like a can of Natty Boh beer.

Have fun at the bash, G!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #25
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
Oh, i've never seen either of those shows. In my head Baltimore is like the set of a john waters movie! So basically, thrift stores, strip joints with a smattering of twee middle class areas with picket fences and serial killing mums. FAB!