Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 06-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
lysh
learn me something

lysh can now change their title
Question Have you been here long?

G'day,

This week I'm writing a paper on "online communities"

I'm making the case that membership on DIMS is not fleeting... that people stick around this place for a LONG TIME....

Question -- How long have you been lurking or participating in the EROTIC WEIGHT GAIN board (even before it changed it's name/structure, even if YOU changed your username/ID)?

I've been here (mostly lurking around) since August 2007

Thanks,
-LYSHY-
lysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've been hear since it began, for whatever definition of began.
- I started reading and posting on this sub-board when it was created, I forget exactly when that was, maybe a couple of years ago?.
- I have been active on the weight board since Dimensions rolled out new web board software (2006 I think?) ETA: 2005, based on 'joined date'
- I participated in the old Dimensions weight board from its beginning. I don't remember quite when that was, but I'm guessing around 1997?
- I participated in the weight board at the BBWQT site, before its boards and chat rooms were saved by Dimensions (band width charges were killing the lady who started them). I did first participate on it under a different user name than my main one.
- I participated in 'the' web board, I think from its beginning but I'm not positive on that anymore. Certainly I was around the BBWQT site from the first half of 1996, but I forget exactly when the web board was added.
- Some of the people around here I remember from way back then, so I know I'm not the only one!

Last edited by Tad; 06-01-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
strataadvance

strataadvance can now change their title
Default How Long?

I was a lurker for years before I posted. And that was a good while ago and on the old board too. I was at least a nightly visitor when Kelligirl and Atomic Vomit were active here. And Wuzupgirl. It's probably at least ten years .
strataadvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I first discovered this site when it seemed to be mostly a collection of weight gain fiction, perhaps 1997 or so. A few years later, the format changed, and I began to explore the remainder of the site. The discussions began to draw my interest and pique my curiosity, and in 2008 I officially joined and started getting involved in the discussions.

Most of the people who contribute to the discussions add humorous anecdotes, wise counsel, and emotional intimacy. There are a few who are rather abrasive and antagonistic, and there are definitely those who are close friends and have been so for years. Overall, I've found the general idea is to move in a socially positive direction for the benefit of all, even if there are differences of opinion. I enjoy what Dimensions has to offer, warts and all, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been here since the day Conrad and Al Gore got together to invent the internet.

Did I ever tell you about how the internet is just an FA conspiracy?

-Dims member #105
Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I've been here since day one. Back in the day when AOL was paid by the hour and a single photo took a minute or more on a 28.8K modem.

I come and go--I alternate between lurking and participating depending on my current situation.

Last edited by pdgujer148; 06-01-2009 at 10:37 PM.
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #7
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have been viewing the Dims for about 7 years but only joined the forum recently.Nice place.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:54 AM   #8
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Been around Dimensions since 2002-03 although I was too young to go in chatrooms or post on forums back then. Didn't turn 18 until June of 04 then I was a chatroom hellraiser until I got banned for life in December 07. Been around the forums ever since.....and loving every minute of this weight gain board :-)
Old 06-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #9
IwannabeVERYfat
ready to be fattened up!!

IwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I've been around since 2006

PROUD FAN OF BigCutieQTPie!!
She is My dream lady!!
IwannabeVERYfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #10
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

i have been lurking since the late 90's ('98.. i think?) and started posting when i became a paysite model in 2004.
..crazy!

(hi lysh! hope all is well!)

Last edited by Ivy; 06-03-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:37 AM   #11
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've been coming to Dimensions since January of '01, started posting a month or two after that. I don't pay much attention to which of the sub-forums I'm on, tho...I view most of the forum by clicking on "New Posts."

Last edited by Santaclear; 06-03-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Santaclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
QuickFL

QuickFL can now change their title

I just started coming here on my own a few months back. My exwife used to come here when we were married in the 90s when it was just a long thread line style board. not sure if that counts for your needs though
QuickFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
BigBawdyDame

BigBawdyDame can now change their title

I joined DIMS chat first in December 2003. (The month and year I turned 40; who could forget that? lol) I didn't start posting on the forums until much later, but I don't remember exactly when.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lurking for about 5 years, officially joined a little over a year ago.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Made a very quiet debut here around '98, and got more active until 2002, when I "left" for several years. Been back since around 2006.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #16
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

lurking since freshman year, 2000.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #17
joness

joness has said some nice things

January 1999
joness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #18
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I came here initially donating stories. They were from the old Pound Perfect Paradise site in AOL Hometown for which I was webmaster. It was circa 1997 and Dimensions had several discussion forums in a different format. I became one of the two original moderators (AM was the other) when the VB style forums were established in 2005 and then Library Curator the next year.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #19
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had been viewing Dimensions since 1997. I loved the art work on the site. When I finally accepted my body, I joined Dimensions. If Dimensions had been around 20 years ago, my life may have changed.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
kalorie

kalorie has said some nice things

I found dimensions in 1999 and have been lurking on the weight board ever since. I think my last post has been five or six years ago.....
kalorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
ToniTails
"so FLUFFY!"

ToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging in

since 2007---
Old 06-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

Oh my...I've been here quite a while.

My workplace first got text only Internet WAY back in 1994, graphic access came about a year later. I stumbled on this site while looking around for WG stories and haven't left.

So, we're talking 1995, maybe late 1994. I used to lurk a lot and post under different names. I've been a steady poster since 1999-2000 or thereabouts.

Dennis

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #23
Angie O'Plasty

Angie O'Plasty has said some nice things
Default 15 years?

Gawd... I was here when it was still a new part of pencomputing (before pencomputing had its own domain). 1995-ish? Something like that. It's still the best BBW/FA site on the internet, imho (fantasy feeder is nice, though).
Angie O'Plasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #24
hbk123

hbk123 has said some nice things
Default Long time...

I've been lurking and posting since the mid 90s. Anyone know exactly when the board opened? Conrad?
hbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #25
Dism4l
Skewed Perspective

Dism4l can now change their title

That would be since March 2008 for me.