Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default I'm getting a Motor Scooter :)

I pick up my Aprilia Scarabeo Motor Scooter tomorrow!
I'm soooo excited! I've only wanted one for 5 years!

Tell me you think of it!

I will start riding it in November, after I get back from my mini-vacation
to the Bahamas for Halloween.

Wow, October is going to be a GREAT Month for me!

Just Imagine a Big girl on a Motor Scooter in NYC! Watch out!

~Allie
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

waitingforsuperman can now change their title

That's totally sweet! Lucky!

I always wanted a vespa, since i was in like sixth grade.

np: flaming lips - yoshimi battles the pink robots
Old 09-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWMoon
I pick up my Aprilia Scarabeo Motor Scooter tomorrow!
I'm soooo excited! I've only wanted one for 5 years!

Tell me you think of it!

I will start riding it in November, after I get back from my mini-vacation
to the Bahamas for Halloween.

Wow, October is going to be a GREAT Month for me!

Just Imagine a Big girl on a Motor Scooter in NYC! Watch out!

~Allie
Very nice! Grats!

I know that scooter will definitely be a great fat girl ride for NYC - is that the color your getting? I want one too, a candy apple red one with sparkles in the paint
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

Yeah, if I was standing on the street, and saw a fat girl on one of those, I'd probably spontaneously combust.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:54 AM   #5
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not a huge fan of the colour, but I like the look
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #6
Loscos

Loscos has said some nice things

Thats pretty damn cool.
Loscos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:06 PM   #7
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

With the price of gas, you might be seeing more fat girls on scooters!
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #8
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Great looking scooter Heather.
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:52 PM   #9
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtobicokeFA
Great looking scooter Heather.
Hehe it isn't mine it's Allie's But darnit if I don't want one too!
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #10
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Yes, I'm getting the green one

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBBW
Very nice! Grats!

I know that scooter will definitely be a great fat girl ride for NYC - is that the color your getting? I want one too, a candy apple red one with sparkles in the paint

Thanks! Yes, I'm getting the green one. It's a 2003 with only 45 miles on it.
They don't have the color choices like they used to. Aprilia Scarabeos now only come in Navy Blue, Metro Silver and Black. They once had a broader color range.
I love the red one too, (That's the one I first rode in Bermuda).

I think I can get used to my little Green apple!

~Allie
Old 09-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #11
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Cool looking ride.

I would have got it in black though. But that's just me.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #12
gnoom
cencored by wife

gnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot pics
Thumbs up

Quote:
Tell me you think of it!
Well, i never have been very much into scooters, even if i am from good ol' europe and do like parkas; but Allie, you on this thing will ALWAYS be worth a look!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:11 PM   #13
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington
Cool looking ride.

I would have got it in black though. But that's just me.
Oh, you crazy goth kids and your... black clothes... and... Tim Burton films... and... nine inch nails albums and... motor scooters?

Yeah, i'd've gotten it in black, too.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:11 PM   #14
BBWMoon
Kisses

Default Thanks for your input!

Thanks for the comments! You guys are making me even more excited!
I hope I don't cause anyone to combust! ech!
But I'm certain I will be noticed. 1. Grinning Fat Girl on little scooter. 2. GREEN scooter.

(not that I especially want to be noticed, but then again, as long as cars can see me they won't ram into me!)

I'll post pics next month, definately...

~Allie
Old 09-30-2005, 01:14 PM   #15
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

Yeah, I don't think anyone will not spot you. I certainly wouldn't miss you.

Didn't they used to say that having sex with a fat girl was like riding a motor scooter?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:30 PM   #16
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I pick up my Aprilia Scarabeo Motor Scooter tomorrow! I'm soooo excited! I've only wanted one for 5 years! Tell me you think of it!
Congrats! I love scooters. I got a Vespa when I was 18 and used Vespas on and off throughout college. They provide a bit more protection than regular motorcycles, it's easier to carry stuff with you, they get great gas mileage, and you can park them anywhere.

The only concern I have using one here in the US is the general thoughtlessness and carelessness of automobile drivers. With all those 8,000 pound Ford Excretions lumbering down the road, mostly populated by one person who has a cellphone plastered to their ear... it's a bit of a risk.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #17
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club
Thumbs up

I LOVE the green!!

Congrats!
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:53 PM   #18
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
With all those 8,000 pound Ford Excretions lumbering down the road, mostly populated by one person who has a cellphone plastered to their ear...
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...y/11073292.htm
Old 09-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #19
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think it's really cute, Allie,.... you're going to enjoy that and it's super practical for NYC... enjoy!!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #20
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforsuperman
THANK YOU for that link! Wonderfully funny. Made me actually laugh out loud.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:41 PM   #21
abwcnbtb

abwcnbtb has said some nice things
Talking go for it

My wife and I both ride she is 335 and rides a green Vespa ET4 it gets up and goes.I have a hard time keeping up with her on my Stella.We've been riding over 3 years traveling around the country and are having the time of our lives. Life's too short not to ride.have fun and watch out for stupid drivers.
abwcnbtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #22
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sweet ride. Just be careful of traffic. I'm thinking of getting the luddite version of the scooter (a tricycle). Just put a helmet on your head and a neckerchief on, so mod!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:29 PM   #23
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Congrats! I love scooters. I got a Vespa when I was 18 and used Vespas on and off throughout college. They provide a bit more protection than regular motorcycles, it's easier to carry stuff with you, they get great gas mileage, and you can park them anywhere.

The only concern I have using one here in the US is the general thoughtlessness and carelessness of automobile drivers. With all those 8,000 pound Ford Excretions lumbering down the road, mostly populated by one person who has a cellphone plastered to their ear... it's a bit of a risk.
These are my thoughts exactly as I'm reading this thread. Almost word for word. People just don't look out for anyone in anything other than cars, and so many are driving huge trucks and SUVs (thank goodness the price of gas is going to nip some of this foolishness in the bud). I think getting a Vespa would be fabulous, but (and this is just me), motorcycles on the road anywhere in the US is problematic. I'd be much more inclined to have a dirt bike or quad. But then, of course, it's just for entertainment and not exactly for getting around town. One thing's for sure, there's an undeniable sense of freedom that comes with riding a bike or scooter that you just don't get with a car.

I'm guessing from what you've posted that you're an experienced rider?

(sorry if you've already answered a similar question, Allie. I got to Conrad's post and had to say a figurative "amen!" so I haven't read the rest of the thread yet)

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 09-30-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:30 AM   #24
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Thumbs up

Allie,

Cute scoot!
Should be a blast

I recommend taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Rider Course as soon as possible, if you haven't already.
Wear a helmet! (...and gloves, and long sleeves -- if not a leather jacket -- and shoes/boots with ankle support.)
And, on a bike, being noticed is a good thing. Loud clothes save lives!

One more thing: You'll need to exercise your "grin" muscles.. they're going to get quite a workout

Rusty
'05 Suzuki Burgman 650 (110 MPH motorscooter )
'74 Vespa 150 Super (not running, 16 years in storage)
'81 BMW R100RS
'89 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast

Last edited by CleverBomb; 10-01-2005 at 01:37 AM. Reason: no edit, just forgot to flag for email notification...
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:09 AM   #25
jonah-uk

jonah-uk can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
I'm thinking of getting the luddite version of the scooter (a tricycle).
seriously? that would be very cool...
jonah-uk is offline   Reply With Quote