Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #176
RayanamiNGE
Artist seeking a muse

RayanamiNGE does more than just post hot picsRayanamiNGE does more than just post hot picsRayanamiNGE does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divals View Post
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Actually, pretty much anything by Atlus. Also, Disgaea. And Ar tonelico.
If you can find Nocture, it's a rare find now. I had the collectors ed, before a friend of mine turned tail and left town with it, lol.

RPG's: Xenosaga (A hard game to play being that it's 80% watch 20% play) Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Front Mission 4, Kingdom Hearts (A bit of an action/platform jumper RPG), Dot hack, Radiata Stories, Rogue Galaxy, Grandia 3, and Dragon Quest 8 just to name a few I've got in my library.

Shooters: Black, Killzone (Amazing graphics for the ps2) Red Faction 2, and my personal favorite Time Splitters 2 ((Nearly unlimited playback value, with unlockable characters, challenge modes, and even a create your own map/scenario features))

Sports: ((Not much a sports game fan but here are a few i've enjoyed)) Blitz the league, Madden 05 ((I haven't personaly enjoyed a madden game sence)) NFL street 1+2

Everyday must haves, and some of the weirds: Katamari Damacy, Gradius V, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil 5, Zone of the Enders 1 + 2 ((a bit of a bad opinion, being that I composed the opening track to #2, woot lol)) Ring of Red, MTV Music Generator 2, Jade Cacoon 2, Metal Gear 2+3, Disgaea 1+2, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Champions of Norrath and Return to arms, Jak and Daxter Saga ((Except Jak X, it's a lame racing/destruction derby game)), Harvest Moon, and thats about it.

My personal guilty pleasures are the Disgaea games, Grid based tactical Role Playing Games, and.... Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Micromanagement strategy, it takes a different kind of gamer to play a game like that... If you enjoy games like Sim City and Final Fantasy Tactics... just put them in a blender and serve them up.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #177
rockhound225
Has Rocks on the Brain

rockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this boardrockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this boardrockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this boardrockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, and I've played Dyansty Warriors 3 and really liked it as well. The Jak and Daxter series has always interested me, may have to look into that.
So I heard on the radio this afternoon that in 1992 there was a containership full of rubber duckies that lost a container in a storm. Now there are an estimated 50,000 rubber duckies floating around in all the oceans of the world. They've been found as far away as the Artic ocean.
God that idea is comforting.
rockhound225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #178
Lavasse

Lavasse can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLavasse can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayanamiNGE View Post
If you can find Nocture, it's a rare find now. I had the collectors ed, before a friend of mine turned tail and left town with it, lol.

RPG's: Xenosaga (A hard game to play being that it's 80% watch 20% play) Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Front Mission 4, Kingdom Hearts (A bit of an action/platform jumper RPG), Dot hack, Radiata Stories, Rogue Galaxy, Grandia 3, and Dragon Quest 8 just to name a few I've got in my library.

Shooters: Black, Killzone (Amazing graphics for the ps2) Red Faction 2, and my personal favorite Time Splitters 2 ((Nearly unlimited playback value, with unlockable characters, challenge modes, and even a create your own map/scenario features))

Sports: ((Not much a sports game fan but here are a few i've enjoyed)) Blitz the league, Madden 05 ((I haven't personaly enjoyed a madden game sence)) NFL street 1+2

Everyday must haves, and some of the weirds: Katamari Damacy, Gradius V, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil 5, Zone of the Enders 1 + 2 ((a bit of a bad opinion, being that I composed the opening track to #2, woot lol)) Ring of Red, MTV Music Generator 2, Jade Cacoon 2, Metal Gear 2+3, Disgaea 1+2, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Champions of Norrath and Return to arms, Jak and Daxter Saga ((Except Jak X, it's a lame racing/destruction derby game)), Harvest Moon, and thats about it.

My personal guilty pleasures are the Disgaea games, Grid based tactical Role Playing Games, and.... Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Micromanagement strategy, it takes a different kind of gamer to play a game like that... If you enjoy games like Sim City and Final Fantasy Tactics... just put them in a blender and serve them up.
how could I forget Radiata Stories, and Grandia series, also I personally like Star Ocean Til the End of Time
Old 07-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #179
Noir

Noir makes people happy simply by logging inNoir makes people happy simply by logging inNoir makes people happy simply by logging inNoir makes people happy simply by logging inNoir makes people happy simply by logging inNoir makes people happy simply by logging inNoir makes people happy simply by logging in

at the moment i am playing WoW. Sad to say i got sucked in. However that aside, every rpg just mentioned in the past page of posts I have played at least once. There area few I just couldnt do for one reason or the other. Some of my favs are Grandia, Star Ocean series (minus the third), Kingdom Hearts series, Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, Saga Frontier, Final Fantasy III (SNES), Super Mario RPG, the list goes on for a while really. Also play some action games like God of War, Prototype ect. Big fan of the Resident Evil saga as well.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #180
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhound225 View Post
I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, and I've played Dyansty Warriors 3 and really liked it as well. The Jak and Daxter series has always interested me, may have to look into that.
The first Jak and Daxter was fun, but the ones that came after it were too much of a change for me.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #181
Heading_for_the_Light

Heading_for_the_Light does more than just post hot picsHeading_for_the_Light does more than just post hot pics

Well, uh, I just bought Civilization III last week.

I'm flat-out addicted in the space of four days.

Dammit.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #182
Edens_heel
Master Member

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
The first Jak and Daxter was fun, but the ones that came after it were too much of a change for me.
Very, VERY much agreed - I loathed parts two and three. Mostly it was the driving segments. Anything involving the mutherfucking sand buggies made me want to huck the controller through the television. Still finished them all, but very disappointed.
Edens_heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #183
Blackjack_Jeeves
Gravity Matters... hehe

Blackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heading_for_the_Light View Post
Well, uh, I just bought Civilization III last week.

I'm flat-out addicted in the space of four days.

Dammit.
I still play Civ 2 from time to time, as I bought the Civilization Chronicles. I haven't even touched Civ 4 yet, shame on me, but I had a hard enough time adjusting to how Civ 3 ran. My brother once owned a computer operating under Windows 3.1, and he had a copy of the original Civilization on there - once I was old enough to learn to play, I was hooked. The Chronicles do an okay job of recreating the original, but it's not quite the same. Civ 2 is still perhaps my favorite turn-based Strategy game of all time (or at least tied with Master of Orion 2, which I actually played some today).
"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper." - Rob Serling

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?" - Kevin Throop III
Blackjack_Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #184
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Orange Mage has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You're forgetting the single greatest turn-based strategy game of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMAC
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 AM   #185
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

SMAC is indeed great. Who can forget Chairman Yang or Gaia's Stepdaughters?
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 AM   #186
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!
Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

I loved playing as University of Planet and dropping planet busters all over the place in the name of researching the effects of such weapons on major population centers.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #187
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I feel sheepish, everyone's talking about old school rpg's and japanese based games.....and here I was getting excited about the upcoming Batman Arkham game lol
Old 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #188
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Tanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Been playing some really cool iPhone games that came highly recommended and they are great

Zenonia

Rolando

Lets Golf

Hero of Sparta

and 1112
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #189
Wagimawr
Executive Member

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!
Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mega Man 9.

OH GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYY*sob*YYYYYYY FUCK YOU CAPCOM! WHY SO HARD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I feel sheepish, everyone's talking about old school rpg's and japanese based games.....and here I was getting excited about the upcoming Batman Arkham game lol
I'd be more excited if I didn't only have a Wii.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #190
Alicia Rose
Girly face

Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I beat Bioshock the other day.

Now I'm playing Red Faction Guerrilla. Fun, but I keep thinking it'd fit well in the Grand Theft Auto series.

GTA San Andreas... GTA Vice City... GTA Mars...
Old 07-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #191
Lavasse

Lavasse can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLavasse can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
Mega Man 9.

OH GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYY*sob*YYYYYYY FUCK YOU CAPCOM! WHY SO HARD?

I'd be more excited if I didn't only have a Wii.
So far Ive beaten 2 of the robot masters, and the game is evil lol.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #192
Lavasse

Anyone with a GBA have a recommendation on a light for it. I don't want to go the afterburner route cause Im a cheap fucker lol. Any other suggestions?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #193
Edens_heel
Master Member

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavasse View Post
So far Ive beaten 2 of the robot masters, and the game is evil lol.
Everyone keeps saying this, but only Tornado man gave me any trouble, and that was more because his level is one of the most evil ever designed by man. Funny thing about that game though, it is SO much easier the second time through.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #194
Lavasse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens_heel View Post
Everyone keeps saying this, but only Tornado man gave me any trouble, and that was more because his level is one of the most evil ever designed by man. Funny thing about that game though, it is SO much easier the second time through.
If I make it through a 1st time I dont know if Im going to want to try it a second lol
Old 07-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #195
Edens_heel
Master Member

Quote:
If I make it through a 1st time I dont know if Im going to want to try it a second lol
Disgusting when you realize that there's an achievment/trophy for beating the game five times in a single day...

I dunno, for my money Mega Man 2 is still the hardest AND simultaneously the greatest, with Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X following close behind (the first X game was great, but the others were trash). With 9, I only really felt unfairly punished by Tornado Man and Crystal Man's stages... that boulder miniboss was a sonuvabitch.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #196
Blackjack_Jeeves
Gravity Matters... hehe

Blackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Disgusting when you realize that there's an achievment/trophy for beating the game five times in a single day...

I dunno, for my money Mega Man 2 is still the hardest AND simultaneously the greatest, with Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X following close behind (the first X game was great, but the others were trash). With 9, I only really felt unfairly punished by Tornado Man and Crystal Man's stages... that boulder miniboss was a sonuvabitch.
Mega Man 2 was the first Nintendo I ever got myself. I even remember which boss level I chose first, and which boss I actually beat first (Wood Man and Metal Man, respectively). In fact, I can remember the orders for Which games I bought when, Which Boss I faced first, and Which games I beat first, for each of the first 6 Mega Man games (I didn't have SNES, so haven't played any others). And of those first 6, Mega Man 2 is definitely the most challenging for me. I think Mega Man 5 is my favorite to play though.

In honor of Mega Man 2, this song will live with me through the ages. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHczaI8t7-4
"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper." - Rob Serling

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?" - Kevin Throop III
Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #197
disaster117
Disappear here.

disaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this board

My boyfriend introduced me to Saint's Row 2, and I'm loving it so far. I've only done a few missions, I'm obsessed with the detail that the game allows you to customize (even though he hates that). He also had me playing Prototype for a while, and that one is so amazing. I can't get over how much I like it, it reminds me of Spiderman games with a twist of Grand Theft Auto and random zombie games. I don't know how to describe it, but the story line is pretty good too.

And of course, the favorite comp game of mine; Diablo 2 with expansion. =) Haven't played it in the past week but I'm thinking of getting back on and leveling my barb to 90 soon.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #198
Lavasse

Quote:

I can't believe theres a trophy for not taking any damage throughout the whole game. I'm lucky if I go five seconds without getting hit lol
Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #199
Lavasse

WHY HAS NO ONE ELSE POSTED ON THIS GEEZ!!!!!

I can't be the only one here playing video games lately. Pull yourselves away from the consoles people and POST lol
Old 07-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #200
Blackjack_Jeeves
Gravity Matters... hehe

Quote:
WHY HAS NO ONE ELSE POSTED ON THIS GEEZ!!!!!

I can't be the only one here playing video games lately. Pull yourselves away from the consoles people and POST lol
Psh, consoles are for amateurs! PC Gamers FTW! (I guess I'll include MAC's too, because they use a keyboard and mouse)

I'm excited for next weekend though. I'm heading off to a cottage up in Michigan, about 2 miles from the lake, with a group of friends. Our plans: Beach fun in the daytime, computer games at night! All they ever want to play is Warcraft 3, but it'll still be some late nights and long days ahead! If only I could convince them all to play Battlefield or something. Most of them play Diablo II, but not all, so that probably won't work either.