Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-12-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Krazykhat

Krazykhat can now change their title
Default My Chicken Enchilada Recipe

Everyone has a chicken enchilada recipe. Here's mine. Whats yours?

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

Serves 1-8 people depending on your appetite!

Ingredients:

About 8 flour tortillas
A pack of cream cheese
1/2 lb grated jack cheese
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 lb chicken breast
1 can green chillis
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 fat can of green chili enchilada sauce (I think their 28 oz or something)
dash of salt
sour cream
2 T oil

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Boil chick until done (about 15-20 minutes depending on size), rinse under cold water for 1 minutes (so not hot on next part) and pull apart into shreds
3. Heat oil over medium heat (no higher as not to burn garlic)
4. First add chopped onions and cook about 3 minutes, then add jalapeno, garlic and green chillis and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cilantro and stir it up for about 30 seconds.
5. Dump this into a bowl and mix in the cream cheese. The heat should melt it just to the point of it being easy to stir. Next stir in the grated cheese. From here add a dash of salt, stir well, then taste. Season more from there if need be.
6. It's not nessasary, but if this gets a chance to sit in the fridge for 2-4 hours, it really helps the flavors blend.
7. Liberally dump some green sauce into a casserole dish.
8. Put your tortilla in the pan when you fill the enchiladas and roll em up (this way the out side gets a coat of the sauce)
9. Dump the rest of the sauce on top (if it looks like they are drowning in the sauce, thats ok as tons will seep in while cooking)
10. Cook for 30-35
11. Serve topped with sour cream and chopped cilantro
Old 04-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oooooooooh. Aaaaaaaaah. I'm giving that one a try. ThAnKs!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yum!! I'll have to try that, too. Thanks!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
Yum!! I'll have to try that, too. Thanks!
You peoples eat some spicy food! I'm such a big bad wimp. Black pepper used to be too spicy for me (not kidding).
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
You peoples eat some spicy food! I'm such a big bad wimp. Black pepper used to be too spicy for me (not kidding).
My BF can't eat black pepper either. It is my favorite spice. I need to totally rethink my seasoning strategies!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #6
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
My BF can't eat black pepper either. It is my favorite spice. I need to totally rethink my seasoning strategies!!
Is he frightened by some brands of frozen pizza (b/c of 'spice?') I used to be. What is wrong with me???
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:25 PM   #7
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Made em' loved em'

Made some changes though

Corn tortillas not flour
No cilantro, but they were a huge hit, and incredibly easy!

Two chubby thumbs up! Thanks for the recipe.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
Krazykhat

Krazykhat can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess
Made em' loved em'

Made some changes though

Corn tortillas not flour
No cilantro, but they were a huge hit, and incredibly easy!

Two chubby thumbs up! Thanks for the recipe.
Cool! Glad you liked them. Yeah, the cilantro isn't nessesary, just something I like, and tortillas are always a preference. I love cooking and especially making my own recipes so I appreciate your feedback. I'm always very critical of my cooking no matter how much Angie tells me it's good (since I'm just self conscious and think she's trying to be nice), so I appreciate your kind words. I have tons of original recipes I'll share with you all here and there. I started off wanting to be a chef but stopped since the food business is crazy and stressful (just to go into Information Technology to find out it too is crazy and stressful!)

To Tina and Fuzzy, hope you like em
Old 04-18-2006, 06:27 AM   #9
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
I get cravings for jalapenos sometimes and eat them straight out of the jar.

I don't eat the Condiment That Must Not Be Named though. Nor do I allow any in my house.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote