Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #51
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
You know what Barb... enough. Rollhandler brought up the irritation of not being able to find certain kinds of conversation. Fact is, like I said, when I was new in chat, I very much remember him always going on about how he likes to handle rolls...as in fat rolls. I remember, way back when, getting tired of the double entendre. I remember the private messages that were just about the fat rolls. If you had been around chat back then, you would have been giggling the whole time. Good for you. Really. Just stop with your own scolding of women who are not so needy/wanting of any male attention, no matter what it is, as long as it smells like a ' compliment '. Try really hard to understand how some experiences are not going to match up with yours, or are not what is sought by all others. You don't seem to want to give me a nod over what I...me...I experienced. I find that interesting...and very telling. I was addressing this issue that he brought up. Women do get to respond, and it ain't always gonna be with a giggle. Please learn to deal with that.
this is the BS i was referring too. Not your experiences !! Are we done with this yet please?

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #52
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbBBW View Post
this is the BS i was referring too. Not your experiences !! Are we done with this yet please?
Until you once again scold women who are voicing their experiences that have everything to do with something said...yes. It's not fun when the handled talk back. Until next time.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #53
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
This thread is making me want to handle some rolls......

Oh wait....I thought we were still over in the cock thread....my bad
What we need is a ratemyrolls.com
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #54
Amarillowave

Amarillowave can now change their title

While I love my BBW wife deeply, and admittedly get turned on by large women, I don't think I "worship" her or anyone else but the Supreme Being.

My feeling about the topic of being an FA is that BBW's represent an extreme of human femininity and sexuality. The wonderfully large breasts and bottoms most BBW's possess are just amplified versions of the feminine norm. That is, they seem, in men's eyes(at least FA's eyes) as being highly desirable for mating because the more feminine a women is, the more likely they are to produce offspring, which is the basis of human sexual attraction.

I've also felt there was at least one other semi-conscious reason I am so attracted to large women. A women who is willing to indulge herself and experience the sensual pleasure of eating enough that she becomes fat would be likely to indulge in other sensual things, like a passionate relationship with a member of the opposite sex. I realize that's essentially a fantasy, but it works for me. My wife doesn't mind-it helps our sex life!
Amarillowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #55
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

[QUOTE=Amarillowave;1232395]
Quote:
While I love my BBW wife deeply, and admittedly get turned on by large women, I don't think I "worship" her or anyone else but the Supreme Being.
Aw...thanks.

Quote:
The wonderfully large breasts and bottoms most BBW's possess are just amplified versions of the feminine norm.
Most? Hmmmmmm. Also, you might want to tell the maaaaaany women on this planet who are naturally slender, and who do not possess big bazooms, and who do not have large backsides, due, in part, because it is the way certain groups are built...phew...that they are not the ' feminine norm '. Might want to look at different countries, and their peeps. Yo.

Quote:
....highly desirable for mating because the more feminine a women is, the more likely they are to produce offspring, which is the basis of human sexual attraction.
Yes, that T&A screams Fertile Mrytle. My Mom was 5'7, and weighed 125 pounds when she got married. She had ten kids, and she was never busty...never had a large ass. If that is how you describe the ' feminine norm ', then I assume you are tall...built with broad shoulders...narrow hips...no belly...strong legs...firm ass. After all, women also choose mates ( heterosexually speaking ) for how much of the ' masculine norm ' they happen to be. Right?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #56
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
The idea of a strong (and real) woman here seems anathema to the pervasive need that so many here seem to have of fat femininity as at once infinitely pliable (soft, plush, giving) and so out-of-this-world larger-than-life that women becomes images "goddesses" to be forced into molds of perfection that no real woman can be comfortable in. In an atmosphere like this, I have seen how difficult it is to have real, adult, flowing conversations before someone stamps his foot and starts clamoring for the right to have the last word. It isn't that there aren't intelligent people here--there are. It's that the atmosphere is so oppressively charged with the one agenda of allowing the men to "worship" their "goddesses," that everything else is subsumed by that. I've never found being thought of as attractive so suffocating."

This board is about many thing but as Conrad himself has said, "This board is an FA board for FA's and the women that want to be pursued by them".

I'm paraphrasing, maybe even putting a few extra words in his mouth but my understanding and experience with Dim's has essentially been that it is a place where men come to chase women whom they find attractive and women come to be chased. This is the standard norm with little variance outside of the GLTB forum in which case it is only changed in the most vouchsafe and tiniest way.

We are a collection of posters, a community of individuals with tits and asses and dicks and generally that is what we like most about one another.

Take your photos down, only respond to posts that are about things, not people. See how many friends you make and how quickly your little trickle of reputation dries up.

We want to relate to one another, we want to know one another, we want to fuck one another. This is the human condition. I seek companionship above all. My mind searches for it in every conversation, every thread. I read posts but do not really read them, I scan for people I know in the thread and give a shout out or agree uniformly in an attempt to draw myself closer to them, to engage them. It is ridiculous but it is what I do, it's what we all do.

In all honestly, if it weren't so. If this forum were more austere I wouldn't have it. If I wanted to argue fat politics I can do plenty of that with most jerks on the street. No, I come here for the fat politics and then something a little more, the community. The same community of strange men and women who against all convention, against all ridicule and prejudice, unabashedly celebrate their lives, themselves, and one another in this place, on Dim's.

So if it should transpire that during the course of a thread about something as intellectual as "Do women really like the taste of semen?" the threads conversation should suddenly go from discussing semen to who wants to taste my semen; I'll deal with it, it's worth it. You beautiful bastards, you're fucking worth it.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #57
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbBBW View Post
why are people in this thread,..pointing fingers at other people?!!? This always pisses me off. Its a topic,.. an in general topic. Doesnt mean you start picking someone out and jumping on him verbally. Rollhandler is a great guy, always polite and kind to all. He is an FA and he does like rolls on a woman, but it also seemed to match his career as well,.. so thats his name!! Its his name, He chose and he shouldnt be judge for it.
I should have put my name as "Barbisafatwomanwholovesmenandsexnandflirtwithwoma naswellandisapicturewhorealong withbeingacompleteonlineslutbutiamanicepersontrust me"
discuss the topic, not someone who is giving his opinion or trying to let others know he does enjoy conversation, as a human being. Dont be so fast to JUDGE!
I don't know how to multi quote so i will quote this one and thank all en masse who stood in defense of my sn, its reputation, and the person behind the keyboard. The gripe I had here was only that I find out now 10 years after I chose it and worked hard to gain the rep I have that the reason I may be having trouble being taken seriously as a person has to do with the very name that I defend the reputation of. I honestly had no idea.

I have always thought that the reputation and longevity on a site would carry more clout. I understand the double entendre that the name carries however I never viewed it as anything directly sexual but more cute or humorous. Now that I do understand that it is being viewed in that context I still stand behind the name but now with the understanding that some will need to get to know me much longer to understand that the person behind the name has more respectful intent than the name implies.

Thanks
Rollhandler

Last edited by rollhandler; 08-01-2009 at 08:31 PM.
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #58
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Really? Let's scrutinize men exclusively a while--their bodies and sexuality, mostly--and take it easy on the girls. See how quickly the community disbands.

I don't think your argument holds. There are ways of relating and finding community that are not austere and yet do not hinge on constant one-directional scrutiny of women's bodies and sexuality. And have you seen how upset some people get when some women make it evident that they have stuff on their minds beyond "Look at my sexy weight gain!"? I think this dynamic is maybe what the OP has been referring to?

If you're saying we shouldn't question it because what you find here is enough for you... well, that strikes me as a little myopic. Can we have a community of one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
Yes.

This board is about many thing but as Conrad himself has said, "This board is an FA board for FA's and the women that want to be pursued by them".

I'm paraphrasing, maybe even putting a few extra words in his mouth but my understanding and experience with Dim's has essentially been that it is a place where men come to chase women whom they find attractive and women come to be chased. This is the standard norm with little variance outside of the GLTB forum in which case it is only changed in the most vouchsafe and tiniest way.

We are a collection of posters, a community of individuals with tits and asses and dicks and generally that is what we like most about one another.

Take your photos down, only respond to posts that are about things, not people. See how many friends you make and how quickly your little trickle of reputation dries up.

We want to relate to one another, we want to know one another, we want to fuck one another. This is the human condition. I seek companionship above all. My mind searches for it in every conversation, every thread. I read posts but do not really read them, I scan for people I know in the thread and give a shout out or agree uniformly in an attempt to draw myself closer to them, to engage them. It is ridiculous but it is what I do, it's what we all do.

In all honestly, if it weren't so. If this forum were more austere I wouldn't have it. If I wanted to argue fat politics I can do plenty of that with most jerks on the street. No, I come here for the fat politics and then something a little more, the community. The same community of strange men and women who against all convention, against all ridicule and prejudice, unabashedly celebrate their lives, themselves, and one another in this place, on Dim's.

So if it should transpire that during the course of a thread about something as intellectual as "Do women really like the taste of semen?" the threads conversation should suddenly go from discussing semen to who wants to taste my semen; I'll deal with it, it's worth it. You beautiful bastards, you're fucking worth it.

Last edited by Fascinita; 08-01-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Fascinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #59
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollhandler View Post
I don't know how to multi quote so i will quote this one and thank all en masse who stood in defense of my sn, its reputation, and the person behind the keyboard. The gripe I had here was only that I find out now 10 years after I chose it and worked hard to gain the rep I have that the reason I may be having trouble being taken seriously as a person has to do with the very name that I defend the reputation of. I honestly had no idea.

I have always thought that the reputation and longevity on a site would carry more clout. I understand the double entendre that the name carries however I never viewed it as anything directly sexual but more cute or humorous. Now that I do understand that it is being viewed in that context I still stand behind the name but now with the understanding that some will need to get to know me much longer to understand that the person behind the name has more respectful intent than the name implies.

Thanks
Rollhandler
anytime babe!!! anytime

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
Old 08-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #60
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
Really? Let's scrutinize men exclusively a while--their bodies and sexuality, mostly--and take it easy on the girls. See how quickly the community disbands.

I don't think your argument holds. There are ways of relating and finding community that are not austere and yet do not hinge on constant one-directional scrutiny of women's bodies and sexuality. And have you seen how upset some people get when some women make it evident that they have stuff on their minds beyond "Look at my sexy weight gain!"? I think this dynamic is maybe what the OP has been referring to?

If you're saying we shouldn't question it because what you find here is enough for you... well, that strikes me as a little myopic. Can we have a community of one?
Hi Fascinita: I would comment-but, the Ass is distracting me
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #61
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
it is very distracting i can not get my eyes off of it LMAO

Old 08-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #62
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
No excuses, Tony!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #63
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
No excuses, Tony!
So true - please bear with me. I'll make it short as it is late. I would write more;but, I am getting sleepy...

Well IMO I think everyone reaches a stage where they want something different from Dims. Not everyone is going to be in the same journey...

And are men Scrutinized? Sure! there are some threads where a few brave men have posted pictures of various body parts on the weight board- but, Sadly the participation is few compared to similar threads regarding the Women.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #64
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Quote:
So true - please bear with me. I'll make it short as it is late. I would write more;but, I am getting sleepy...

Well IMO I think everyone reaches a stage where they want something different from Dims. Not everyone is going to be in the same journey...

And are men Scrutinized? Sure! there are some threads where a few brave men have posted pictures of various body parts on the weight board- but, Sadly the participation is few compared to similar threads regarding the Women.
The "" was really in jest.

Good post.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #65
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Men bear the brunt no matter what they say.

Just the other day I saw a thread where a guy posted what exactly he wanted in a woman and the usual suspects jumped on him saying he was "objectifying" All the guy was said was what he wanted, is it so wrong for someone to say what he's looking for?

Is it ok for Kayrae to say she likes tall men but its not ok for you or me to stand in the middle of the weight board and say we like big bellies? Is it wrong for G.E.F. to say she loves huge members but its not ok for me to slide down the superslide at Water Country and shout I LOVE FAT PEOPLE as loud as I can?

Its one thing to say "I like big fat asses and any girl who doesn't have one sucks" but its another to admit that they like an hourglass figure and would like to go out with someone who has that.

I've been saying it for years, objectification goes both ways.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #66
mossystate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Men bear the brunt no matter what they say.

Just the other day I saw a thread where a guy posted what exactly he wanted in a woman and the usual suspects jumped on him saying he was "objectifying" All the guy was said was what he wanted, is it so wrong for someone to say what he's looking for?

Is it ok for Kayrae to say she likes tall men but its not ok for you or me to stand in the middle of the weight board and say we like big bellies? Is it wrong for G.E.F. to say she loves huge members but its not ok for me to slide down the superslide at Water Country and shout I LOVE FAT PEOPLE as loud as I can?

Its one thing to say "I like big fat asses and any girl who doesn't have one sucks" but its another to admit that they like an hourglass figure and would like to go out with someone who has that.

Would you PLEASE..for the love of Mike...or Bob...or Julie....learn the difference between objectification/dismissing the human being behind the bod...and...simply stating a preference.

Please. You need to do this. Put it at the top of your To Do List.

this was the next in line on my subscribed threads...so...no paranoia...k?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #67
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Would you PLEASE..for the love of Mike...or Bob...or Julie....learn the difference between objectification/dismissing the human being behind the bod...and...simply stating a preference.

this was the next in line on my subscribed threads...so...no paranoia...k?
Who's dismissing the human being behind the bod? Seriously.....you can tell if someone's a shallow asshole just for saying he likes a big butt?

You can give Shawn Spencer a run for his money if you're that psychic.

I can stand here and say So and So has a hell of a belly and would love to rub it and kiss it and massage it.....would you say to me I'm being shallow? Do you know if I'm actually talking to this person and are good friends with them?

I agree in some cases there have been some creepy dudes, but for the most part its a witch hunt.

Again, not everyone is out for blood
Old 08-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #68
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Default Objectification Happens with Both Genders

Quote:

Absolutely objectification happens regardless of Gender.... And yes you are correct in your remarks " Of course it all depends on what type of Fat Person" you are shouting for....

The interesting thing about the Kayrae thread. None of the male Dimmers here were insulted or threatened by it. You did not see one post from from ( short or avg. ht) guys saying "Oh Well here's another thread about women that like tall guys"...As far as Media this is the 'one' area that they often hit Men about (their Height)...

I'm not tall just avg. ht [5'10"] and heck if there are women that only like tall guys that's fine- I've been very fortunate to meet BBW that were fine with me.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #69
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Absolutely objectification happens regardless of Gender.... And yes you are correct in your remarks " Of course it all depends on what type of Fat Person" you are shouting for....

The interesting thing about the Kayrae thread. None of the male Dimmers here were insulted or threatened by it. You did not see one post from from ( short or avg. ht) guys saying "Oh Well here's another thread about women that like tall guys"...As far as Media this is the 'one' area that they often hit Men about (their Height)...

I'm not tall just avg. ht [5'10"] and heck if there are women that only like tall guys that's fine- I've been very fortunate to meet BBW that were fine with me.
That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Why is it all these women get so bent out of the shape when they're not the body size of certain people's desires and the male members don't care when someone wants somebody that they're not?

Preferences are just that, preferences
Old 08-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #70
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Why is it all these women get so bent out of the shape when they're not the body size of certain people's desires and the male members don't care when someone wants somebody that they're not?

Preferences are just that, preferences
Women's bodies are scrutinized on a daily basis, not just fat women. We get messages from the media, from family, from friends that either imply or outright say we are not an ideal whatever. Hearing, seeing these messages all the time is bound to make even the most confident of women feel sensitive about their bodies in varying degrees. Everyone is of course entitled to their preferences, but even if a woman hears someone say they would prefer something they don't have no matter how nicely they put it, it can be dismissive to some.

I could wax philosophic about why guys are so worried about the size of their penises when the average woman doesn't give a shit, but I get it. That part of your bodies are under constant scrutiny so it's no wonder guys get all senstive about it and get all bent out of shape if anyone implies their dicks aren't good enough.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #71
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

I just read most of this thread, and was startled that most of the thread isnt ABOUT the thread, but off on various tangents (screen names, feminism). I wonder if that might be apt however, considering the actual subject of this thread.

You'll recall that in the initial post katherine22 wrote that the atmosphere is "charged with the one agenda of allowing the men to "worship" their "goddesses,",making it "difficult it is to have real, adult, flowing conversations".

And poof, you read this thread and see how charged all communication can sometimes be at dimensions. They're having a large conversation, notwithstanding the disagreements. But if everyone agreed it wouldn't be a conversation, would it...(?)

The very thing that brings you to Dimensions -- the enlightened attitude about size --is sometimes connected to other less desireable behaviours. Katherine comments that "I've never found being thought of as attractive so suffocating." I wonder if the happy medium exists yet. The ideal would be an enlightened space, tolerant of diversity, people of size, etc; in practice, Dimensions isn't yet fully tolerant. It's a place where size is valorized, where an alternative set of values largely mirroring those of society are in place. Dimensions is not a place where it's okay to be supersized, so much as a place where some of the supersized get to experience the dubious benefits of being sex symbols. And those who refuse to play --in any community--will always experience friction.

But without friction there's no heat.
GTAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #72
mossystate

Quote:
Who's dismissing the human being behind the bod? Seriously.....you can tell if someone's a shallow asshole just for saying he likes a big butt?

Bears repeating.

YOU gave the example of Kayrae saying she likes tall men, and that is ok...but that people don't think it's ok for you to say you like bellies. How many people get upset over a simple declaration of a preference. Really. You are reaching.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #73
aussiefa63

aussiefa63 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAFA
I just read most of this thread, and was startled that most of the thread isnt ABOUT the thread, but off on various tangents (screen names, feminism). I wonder if that might be apt however, considering the actual subject of this thread.

You'll recall that in the initial post katherine22 wrote that the atmosphere is "charged with the one agenda of allowing the men to "worship" their "goddesses,",making it "difficult it is to have real, adult, flowing conversations".

And poof, you read this thread and see how charged all communication can sometimes be at dimensions. They're having a large conversation, notwithstanding the disagreements. But if everyone agreed it wouldn't be a conversation, would it...(?)

The very thing that brings you to Dimensions -- the enlightened attitude about size --is sometimes connected to other less desireable behaviours. Katherine comments that "I've never found being thought of as attractive so suffocating." I wonder if the happy medium exists yet. The ideal would be an enlightened space, tolerant of diversity, people of size, etc; in practice, Dimensions isn't yet fully tolerant. It's a place where size is valorized, where an alternative set of values largely mirroring those of society are in place. Dimensions is not a place where it's okay to be supersized, so much as a place where some of the supersized get to experience the dubious benefits of being sex symbols. And those who refuse to play --in any community--will always experience friction.
Have to agree. I read throught this thread & it's gotten way off track.

I can understand Katherines point, but I can also see if from the FA's view. Here the FA has found BBW & SSBBW ladies that aren't in hidding, that are out there promoting that big girls rock, big girls have feelings too, big girls are sexy. So the poor old FA that may or may not have hidden his feeling about BBW/SSBBW women finds a place like this & WOW! he cuts loose & may say things he souldn't due to over excitment.

For me I have always respected women & have always tried to be a gentleman around women & maybe in that way, more of us FA's wouldn't be making the ladies we cherish feel so pressured.
aussiefa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #74
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was talking about circle jerking.

Its when a group of posters forms a cool kid click and then post at one another instead of about the threads topic.

This also applies when people post at a poster about their gigantic ass or something as similarly trite and unromantic.

I was suggesting that it is a necessary evil, not mandatory.

Quote:

Last edited by mediaboy; 08-02-2009 at 06:19 PM.
mediaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #75
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
I was talking about circle jerking.

Its when a group of posters forms a cool kid click and then post at one another instead of about the threads topic.

This also applies when people post at a poster about their gigantic ass or something as similarly trite and unromantic.

I was suggesting that it is a necessary evil, not mandatory.

Here's the thing if the OP was looking more of a "feminist" perspective on this issue perhaps this may not have been the forum. There hasn't been any additional feedback so who knows...

Given that Posting is in the "Weight Board" you are going to get feedback by all Genders on this issue- It happens - Nothing wrong with that ...

and as for individual Poster's Avatars I could care less about that. I just look to see what is being said and what ideas are being engaged.