Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #51
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not changing that diaper.

Wow.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #52
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Eloquently put....and I'm out of rep, darn it!

Nothing I can think of in response, other than that I hope you get that place, and that it turns out to be the missing piece.
I think it will say a lot, and then what is placed there can feel proud, thankful, and, powerful. Those are always beautiful things. Yup.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #53
Mies

Mies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

How do endless snark and sarcasm encompass anything real or complex about women? Is that what makes women feel proud, thankful, and, powerful? Is that truly all there is?

I can understand how some women who post here would have a legitimate gripe, but some others seem to demand respect without realizing that they might have to give some once in a while. This is a place that I would like to feel good about too, but the constant barbs make that difficult.
Mies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #54
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
I think the gist of it is, would you find it a more interesting place if other aspects of what it means to be fat were more integral to Dimensions. When fat eroticism is increasingly isolated from other aspects of fat humanity, there is less and less room for the kind of vibrant fat community you describe to grow, less room for a dialogue that includes different voices. It's kind of a spiraling thing.
I don't have a comprehensive reply at the moment, but three quick thoughts:

1) I absolutely agree that isolating eroticism from the rest of life (no matter what the preceding adjective) is counter productive, for both sides of the divide.

2) My definition of what is erotic when it comes to fat may well be broader than that of many people....or maybe it is that the term erotic is not the right one (but I'm not sure what is). I have a suspicion that we are may not be that far apart here, but looking at things from a different perspective.

3) Where we may well be fundamentally further apart in that for me, Dimensions is closer to escapism than it is to being an essential. Escapism is very important to me, but fundamentally if Dimensions ever becomes more of a chore than a pleasure I don't imagine I'd be here much. I like hearing what is happening with people here, I like the exchanges of views on various topics, I like that people will disagree with me and will occasionally call me out if they think I'm talking crap, and yes I like that there are people here who view fat as a positive thing and take joy in it. It is only the last of those things that, to me, is unique about Dimensions. Whether or not I'm part of Dimensions I'll still carrying on in my quiet way of trying to trying to support size acceptance.

Quote:
Encouraging me to pull toward what I want is like encouraging the Pope to be Catholic, for the record.
Well, yes, but I think it is important to encourage the pope to be catholic if you are a Presbyterian (figuratively speaking) but want to encourage a mulit-faith community.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #55
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
3) Where we may well be fundamentally further apart in that for me, Dimensions is closer to escapism than it is to being an essential. Escapism is very important to me, but fundamentally if Dimensions ever becomes more of a chore than a pleasure I don't imagine I'd be here much.
I understand and identify with this thinking, Ed. I think most people go online to find something that they don't find in real life. That's classic escapism, and there ain't nothing wrong with it as such. I would only add that there are many who are drawn to the good things about Dimensions, and would like it to be a place where they, too, can find a kind of escapism that feels really great. I think it's about people getting a taste of something good and then saying, "Hey, I want a full piece of the pie, too."
Old 06-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #56
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Another way of putting it, Ed, is that it's about expanding our idea of what is pleasurable, so that everyone who wants to participate constructively has a shot at getting hers. This is accomplished by making room for different voices and needs, even if we can't always support one another expressly. For a model that seems to be working well, see the GLBTQ Forum.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #57
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGuy View Post
No, in fact, this post is the essence of Dimensions. That is to say, an endless shouting match between a cadre of embittered scolds who feel this site should be their personal feminist snarking ground by divine right, and a legion of masturbating, socially inept dimwits. Or, rather, the scolds do the shouting and the socially inept dimwits just keep right on masturbating.
Well, I don't see any typos scattered about in this tastefully written bit of female-loving insight, so I guess by default you're in scold mode.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #58
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

Fantasy is of course of component of psychological reality. And I think most of us here recognize that views on the big picture of reality are constantly evolving.

But yes, hopefully that evolution takes one beyond the strange idea that intentionally misspelling sentences to the point of looking barely literate is going to be a turn on to any woman to speak of.

And I do think it's a little funny for someone to ask what "good beaches" are for finding women who look a particular way. That would seem to be a "you burn your fuel, you take your chances" kind of thing. Unless there's a "fat beach" next to "muscle beach" these days....
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #59
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstoodles
I'm not attacking anyone personally, there is a lot of good here, but I feel people who try to point out some issues especially re: the treatment of women are given the old '''shut up yer being so pc'' routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGuy View Post
No, in fact, this post is the essence of Dimensions. That is to say, an endless shouting match between a cadre of embittered scolds who feel this site should be their personal feminist snarking ground by divine right, and a legion of masturbating, socially inept dimwits. Or, rather, the scolds do the shouting and the socially inept dimwits just keep right on masturbating.
Hmmmmm.....
You just go right on proving our point there, sparky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mies
How do endless snark and sarcasm encompass anything real or complex about women? Is that what makes women feel proud, thankful, and, powerful? Is that truly all there is?

I can understand how some women who post here would have a legitimate gripe, but some others seem to demand respect without realizing that they might have to give some once in a while. This is a place that I would like to feel good about too, but the constant barbs make that difficult.
Of course that's not all there is, though I'm guessing (given all the non-snarky posts from women in this thread) that was intended more as a comment directed toward one woman than a comment on any general tendency for women here to snark. I totally agree with you that each person - no matter what their gender - has to give as well as receive in this area. However, I feel I've been generally quite respectful of others on these forums, and yet my posts talking about inappropriate pm's I've received have somehow been lumped under the "feminist" category and therefore instantly classified as "bad". That is... less than encouraging.

Fascinita and Ed, you guys are both awesome and have said some fantastic things. Unfortunately I am not really equipped to respond to them right now as I'm in semi-coherent post-work blargh state. But seriously: You guys get major points for understanding stuff. That made sense, right?
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #60
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Eloquently put....and I'm out of rep, darn it!

Nothing I can think of in response, other than that I hope you get that place, and that it turns out to be the missing piece.
Indeed.........still waiting to hear back. Still.......

Quote:
Yes, you do.

That makes you a feminist, right?
If a woman is alone in the woods and says something, is she still wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mies View Post

Who disrespected you? You only have 22 posts in 2 years....and at least one of those is to complain about other posters.
How much positive input have you added to the mix? If you feel it's best to remain silent, why only come out to criticize? Who snarked you? And did you miss all the positive things being said....some of it by women?
Why not mention that guy having a tantrum since you want to talk about the evils of snark.......

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #61
mossystate

Quote:

I am going to assume you were directing that bit of stuff at me, seeing how you found your snark voice and used some of my words.

I have contributed close to 9000 posts on this board. I have posted on many of the forums.

I have posted silly things...I have posted when someone is feeling like shit and needs a kind word...I have posted pictures of myself...I have shared very personal things about myself...I have fought against sexist, racist and homophobic shit when I have seen it out here...I have posted what I had for dinner...I have passionately taken to task, people and things I think needed it...I have gotten mad, sad, glad, happy, angry, sweet, ornery, and a million
other emotions. Seems you have a hot button, and you choose to ignore a lot.

Even if I had not been out here...contributing...as long as I have, I would still have the right to expect certain things. What have you earned? I would love to know. I cannot really form much of an opinion, as you have 22 posts...since 2007. I guess you have been too afraid to join the group?

I can't think of one woman out here who ' snarks ', who does not contribute a buttload of good. Maybe you refuse to see it. That is not my problem. Oh, and, like GEF said...why didn't you go after MisterGuy? This is not his first snark rodeo. Pardon the Dr. Philism. Damn.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #62
voidhead

voidhead can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesvoidhead can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Not sure if this has been said but this is situation is really not specific to fat admiration. But it might be obvious here because the online detachment of the board gives it a fantasy aspect that allows horny males like myself to be more honest and indulge their fetish far more than they would in reality, coupled with the visual and physical nature of the fat fetish to begin with.

But think of Tomb Raider for a second where "normal" non-FA men have created a video game character that is completely disproportionate and has enormous tits, and they find her hot. Or a lot of the women these normal men are fantasizing about like Pam Anderson with huge breast implants. These normal men are objectifying too.

Fantasy and reality are inherently different. It might be more obvious here where the dominant fantasy is by nature so physical because it is weight-based, and by nature so far from reality because mobility/health issues are ignored.

But really there is always that dichotomy between men and women where women want to know more about a guy: what does he do for a living? where does he live? etc. They are more deep when it comes to attraction and it's more about the person as a whole whereas a man will fuck a woman he does not respect simply because she is hot.

There was some study where they showed women pictures of the same guys but dressed the guys up differently. They were all attractive guys but in some pictures they were dressed in a fast food uniform, in others in a nice suit etc. The women invariably said they were attracted to the ones wearing nice clothes, even when it was the same guy just dressed differently.

Men were different. They thought the same girls were attractive regardless of the context (outfit).

I think there are a lot of young guys here who are still in that stage where they are more into fantasy conceptions of women. They might not have had a lot of relationships and don't realize the practical side of a relationship beyond just sex fantasy, and this is exaggerated because we're online and more or less anonymous.

Not to mention that the models on these paysites are totally playing into the sexual fantasies, eating, rubbing their belly, wearing clothes that don't fit, showing how out of shape they are, getting stuck it tight places they know what turns FA's on and they are thereby encouraging the kind of commentary that's bothering the OP.

Sometimes you just want to get laid or at least fantasies about getting laid without all the reality of relationships, enduring all the whining and baggage, having limited freedom, spooning her after sex when all you want to do is go drink a beer elsewhere etc. because you have to satisfy her animal craving for security from every guy for the unborn baby in every woman's womb waiting to emerge like the Alien. (Guys you know what I mean) I don't think that's just an FA thing.

Last edited by voidhead; 06-22-2009 at 08:41 PM.
voidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #63
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't fap to photos of guys in uniforms or suits......and I do tend to be polite enough to treat others like humans at all times....no matter what they wear or don't wear.

What that study really shows is something most of us have had figured out for a while now anyway.....some women think "long term" in attraction......while some men only care about immediate gratification. (Hence the interest in how well he can take care of his potential offspring since he wants to put his joystick into the usb port......)

Just like your implication might be that some women "miss out on some great guys" because of how they are dressed....some menfolk miss out on some really great ladies because they didn't give two shits to take the time to get to know her because using her to scratch an itch was more important to them.

And yeah, I know we are online and some things are "different" here...however, people getting used and tossed off for sexual gratification was happening long before these here intranets.....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #64
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

QUOTE "Sometimes you just want to get laid or at least fantasies about getting laid without all the reality of relationships, enduring all the whining and baggage, having limited freedom, spooning her after sex when all you want to do is go drink a beer elsewhere etc. because you have to satisfy her animal craving for security from every guy for the unborn baby in every woman's womb waiting to emerge like the Alien. (Guys you know what I mean) I don't think that's just an FA thing."

Yes- some men want to fantasize about getting laid without all the "baggage," and some women feel demeaned when they are perceived exclusively as fodder for a male fantasy and nothing else of value. Oh the crap we have to put up with to get what we want from each other.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #65
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
this website likes to tout the beauty of the fat form, but many of the ideas about women here are not too different from the mainstream.

I'm not attacking anyone personally, there is a lot of good here, but I feel people who try to point out some issues especially re: the treatment of women are given the old '''shut up yer being so pc'' routine.
Yes and yes! Some of the pro-fat rhetoric is basically a flipped version of the usual thincentric, afeminist noise. In fact, sometimes I think it may even be more harmful, because a few people are so caught up in all the self-congratulation that they fail to see the hypocrisy.

To echo Mossy's sentiments, a community cannot legitimately consider itself to be a "full service" size/fat acceptance resource unless the poster children for the movement - the fat women - have the opportunity to fully express the many facets of their fat identities. Fatness has a dark side that must be acknowledged and cannot be silenced - opening Pandora's Fat Box means that you have to deal with the not-so-cool stuff that comes with the funtime. People are definitely entitled to their rich fantasy lives, but they are not entitled to discount, talk down, or muzzle the objects of those fantasies should the objects take issue, fail to live up to the fantasy (ie, "you're not confident enough to be a *real* BBW"), or bring up bonerkill subjects like eating disorders, sexual abuse, and suicide which figure prominently in their fat experiences. As Toodles says, we all need to "own" our sexuality. In order to do that, we need to be able to define our sexual selves FOR ourselves at our OWN pace without interference or expectation from others.

Further, if the fat girls are ever going to reach that mythic state of "happy, fat, and confident" that everyone seems to wish for, they must have a place where they can safely hash through these pertinent issues, even if (perhaps especially if) the men can't quite understand why.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #66
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Smile

Iím pretty sure that none of this is an answer for what Katherine was asking, but to be honest Iím not entirely clear on what she was asking or stating. That she is not overly happy with the site comes through, but Iím not quite sure what sort of response she hoped to get.[/QUOTE]

Ed, I hope I didn't suggest that I am unhappy with the site. I wanted to share my experience of how it feels to be on the site. I am not anti-sex or anti-erotic, and there are other dimensions to people worth exploring. There are different levels of conversation going on here, and I have noticed that any conversation that has a whiff of feminist concerns can soon be snarked and discounted. Men have benefited from the feminist movement in its freeing a lot of women to emerge from Victorian and puritanical sexual repression to consciously own their sexuality. Men have benefited from feminism in that a lot of women are comfortable having sex outside of marriage. Men have benefited from feminism since many women are well educated and can get good jobs to help pay the mortgage. People come to Dimensions for different reasons some of which are diametrically opposed.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:

Last edited by katherine22; 06-22-2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: spelling errors
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #67
Imp

Imp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Yes and yes! Some of the pro-fat rhetoric is basically a flipped version of the usual thincentric, afeminist noise. In fact, sometimes I think it may even be more harmful, because a few people are so caught up in all the self-congratulation that they fail to see the hypocrisy.

To echo Mossy's sentiments, a community cannot legitimately consider itself to be a "full service" size/fat acceptance resource unless the poster children for the movement - the fat women - have the opportunity to fully express the many facets of their fat identities. Fatness has a dark side that must be acknowledged and cannot be silenced - opening Pandora's Fat Box means that you have to deal with the not-so-cool stuff that comes with the funtime. People are definitely entitled to their rich fantasy lives, but they are not entitled to discount, talk down, or muzzle the objects of those fantasies should the objects take issue, fail to live up to the fantasy (ie, "you're not confident enough to be a *real* BBW"), or bring up bonerkill subjects like eating disorders, sexual abuse, and suicide which figure prominently in their fat experiences. As Toodles says, we all need to "own" our sexuality. In order to do that, we need to be able to define our sexual selves FOR ourselves at our OWN pace without interference or expectation from others.

Further, if the fat girls are ever going to reach that mythic state of "happy, fat, and confident" that everyone seems to wish for, they must have a place where they can safely hash through these pertinent issues, even if (perhaps especially if) the men can't quite understand why.
Yeah, yeah.

Instead maybe the fat girls should listen more instead of talking so much, like maybe to this...

...Happy Birthday!
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #68
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Yeah, yeah.

Instead maybe the fat girls should listen more instead of talking so much, like maybe to this...

...Happy Birthday!
Hahaha! Thank you very much.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #69
Mies

Mies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMies can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Some short answers to a couple of things posted in response to mine...

"Who disrespected you?" - No one directly, thank goodness, at least not up until now. My opinion is that there is too much snark on these boards. Respect that, please. It is my opinion. I don't have to have 9000 posts to earn the right to have one.

"You only have 22 posts in 2 years....and at least one of those is to complain about other posters." - Some people post too much. I don't feel that I have to post an "Amen" to every post that I agree with.

"How much positive input have you added to the mix?" - Admittedly, not much. But then, regarding the woman who posted about her husband making a hurtful remark, can anyone say that the immediate chorus of "Divorce him!" was all that constructive?

That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed what others have posted. But then along comes someone who feels that they absolutely have to shit on a thread that I really enjoy, like "The Fat Girl Who Came to Dinner". What was that about?

"If you feel it's best to remain silent, ..." - I do. I don't like getting into these board fights. And they break out with such regularity. But I'm weak, so sometimes I get pulled in and wish that I hadn't. Like now. Another poster said: "Seems you have a hot button, and you choose to ignore a lot." That's very true, although, in reading the boards, I tend more to ignore the neanderthal stuff that some people enjoy getting so pissed off about.

"And did you miss all the positive things being said....some of it by women?" - This attitude is exactly what pushed my hot button. What is your assumption here? What do you think you know about me? That I don't think women have much worth saying? I find that to be very offensive.

"Why not mention that guy having a tantrum since you want to talk about the evils of snark......." I thought that MisterGuy made a very good point. Stop hectoring the men here. What if a man was to make a post slamming female sexuality, like the one that started this thread?

Frankly ladies, I find the pandering by the women on the Paysite Board ("What typically passes for commentary in the Pay site board.") to be an insult to MY intelligence. I am more than just a dick and a credit card. But I recognize that the paysite board is what it is. Someone made the point that the women who post there are real people, and their activity on the paysite board is just a part of who they are. Here's a bit of news: the same goes for the men too.

No man is telling the women here to shut up and just look pretty. No woman has ever been criticized for posting something positive and intelligent. So why the demands and the negativity?

Last edited by Mies; 06-23-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Mies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:23 AM   #70
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
I was a little surprised at how many I got - I thought the numbers fetishists were more into the supersized gals. You're probably pretty safe if you keep it to GLBTQ or one of the less-frequented boards - I didn't get any after the librarian pics, and I was totally steeling myself for it too because I thought those were better tardvark bait than the wedding pics. I guess those guys probably stay the hell away from GLBTQ board, haha.
Shhh.. don't tell everyone about our plethora of queer porn we have hidden away!! Soon we will have all the guys there asking to watch!

I think you get out of Dimensions what you put into it. There are enough funny, intelligent and engaging people here that you can discuss a whole host of things not just fantasy based or even fat based. I generally don't post much on the weight board unless i see something that grabs my attention, so generally stick to the main board and now the lgbt board. If you don't want to engage in the 'fantasy' side of things, then you just make it clear that its not for you. Fat sexuality obviously means a lot of different things to different people. i wouldn't want to deny anyones right to fap off to unrealistic goddesses any more than i wouldn't want to deny people the right to assert their realism and their real experiences of fat sexuality.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #71
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post

Ed, I hope I didn't suggest that I am unhappy with the site. I wanted to share my experience of how it feels to be on the site. I am not anti-sex or anti-erotic, and there are other dimensions to people worth exploring. There are different levels of conversation going on here, and I have noticed that any conversation that has a whiff of feminist concerns can soon be snarked and discounted. Men have benefited from the feminist movement in its freeing a lot of women to emerge from Victorian and puritanical sexual repression to consciously own their sexuality. Men have benefited from feminism in that a lot of women are comfortable having sex outside of marriage. Men have benefited from feminism since many women are well educated and can get good jobs to help pay the mortgage. People come to Dimensions for different reasons some of which are diametrically opposed.

Excellent posts and good points from both of you

Quote:
"Who disrespected you?" - No one directly, thank goodness, at least not up until now. My opinion is that there is too much snark on these boards. Respect that, please. It is my opinion. I don't have to have 9000 posts to earn the right to have one.
You have every right to your opinion- just like all the women here do, too. You make a post to bash the women on the boards with a blanket statement, yet don't want to be addressed for your opinion? Slink back to silence if you didn't really want your post to be read...people have the right to respond to your opinions when you make them public.
It's part of living in the world- EVERYONE has an opinion and no one has to agree with yours. We can also question the opinions of others.

Quote:
"You only have 22 posts in 2 years....and at least one of those is to complain about other posters." - Some people post too much. I don't feel that I have to post an "Amen" to every post that I agree with.
So don't. Still, to make a few posts....and one to insult other posters doesn't seem like the positive influence you seem to be asking for....

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi

Don't come out and snark to call others snarky.....

Quote:
"How much positive input have you added to the mix?" - Admittedly, not much. But then, regarding the woman who posted about her husband making a hurtful remark, can anyone say that the immediate chorus of "Divorce him!" was all that constructive?
And.........once again, how about the other women in the thread (myself included) that said don't......?

Seems like you have selective reading skills.....

Quote:
That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed what others have posted. But then along comes someone who feels that they absolutely have to shit on a thread that I really enjoy, like "The Fat Girl Who Came to Dinner". What was that about?
Not sure what a blog about having dinner with people has to do with the more serious subject at hand in this thread......

And I don't think it was all women that "disagreed" or "protested" in that thread.....

Oh yeah, you only read the negative ones from women.

Quote:
"If you feel it's best to remain silent, ..." - I do. I don't like getting into these board fights. And they break out with such regularity. But I'm weak, so sometimes I get pulled in and wish that I hadn't. Like now. Another poster said: "Seems you have a hot button, and you choose to ignore a lot." That's very true, although, in reading the boards, I tend more to ignore the neanderthal stuff that some people enjoy getting so pissed off about.
Post or don't post....no skin off of my nose. Just don't make insults and blanket accusations if you don't wish to "engage".....
Most people realize that what they are about to say might stir the pot....

Quote:
"And did you miss all the positive things being said....some of it by women?" - This attitude is exactly what pushed my hot button. What is your assumption here? What do you think you know about me? That I don't think women have much worth saying? I find that to be very offensive.
That was a legitimate question...that you didn't really answer. Just deflected with another question and feigned victimhood.
You find me asking you if you noticed positive posts from other posters insulting? That's kind of a big leap there, methinks.....

Quote:
"Why not mention that guy having a tantrum since you want to talk about the evils of snark......." I thought that MisterGuy made a very good point. Stop hectoring the men here. What if a man was to make a post slamming female sexuality, like the one that started this thread?

So a man slamming a woman's questioning of male sexual behavior patterns- no matter what they are or what they do- is hectoring?
This is a legitimate discussion.....men are disagreeing and have tossed some insults. You keep accusing people of some e-crime on the boards....yet that same e-crime is okay if you are someone other man does it.

And when men don't even bother to give two shits about female sexuality or what we really prefer and instead prefer to use us, that's worse than any E-slam.....

You seem to have a slanted viewpoint of things....

Quote:
Frankly ladies, I find the pandering by the women on the Paysite Board ("What typically passes for commentary in the Pay site board.") to be an insult to MY intelligence. I am more than just a dick and a credit card. But I recognize that the paysite board is what it is. Someone made the point that the women who post there are real people, and their activity on the paysite board is just a part of who they are. Here's a bit of news: the same goes for the men too.
Well, you know that the paysite really isn't about your dick but more about your credit card, right?

If the menfolk want to be known as more than just dicks with credit cards, then they need to do like some of the other well-known and liked paysite board inhabitants do.............come to the other boards, interact and show people who they really are.

You are what you choose to be.......

Quote:
No man is telling the women here to shut up and just look pretty. No woman has ever been criticized for posting something positive and intelligent. So why the demands and the negativity?
I have seen lots of positive and intelligent in this very thread...from women. You have acknowledged none of it. You even said you can't be bothered to say positive things when you agree with other posters.
Some people here choose to participate more than yourself. Don't see why you feel the need to insult them if you really just feel like looking more than anything else....

Old 06-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #72
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Can somebody please rep Caroline (GEF) for me?

Srsly tho, I'm grateful for guys like Mies who aren't afraid to say exactly what's on their minds. How else can a guy like me feel so sensitive, caring and evolved, except in contrast? It's one of the main reasons I come here.

"Every hun serves a purpose, even if only as a bad example." Wes Roberts. Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun
Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #73
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post

Done, plus a creepy marriage proposal!
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #74
mossystate

Mentioning a couple of recent threads ( although, his aim is not that great ), I now know, without a doubt, that someone is simply pissed off at certain women. It's a personal thing. Ok, gotcha. As for bringing up that the paysite board is about pandering...ummmm...those women are not there to give it away for free, and, like when you go into a 7-11 for a corn dog, sometimes, the clerk does not really care if you have a good day. Anyway...this is now just silly. Not the OP...just...this.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #75
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post

Srsly tho, I'm grateful for guys like Mies who aren't afraid to say exactly what's on their minds. How else can a guy like me feel so sensitive, caring and evolved, except in contrast? It's one of the main reasons I come here.
"Every hun serves a purpose, even if only as a bad example." Wes Roberts. Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun

Got her for you. Sexually inappropriate comment and all.

speaking of sexually inappropriate, anyone wanna fill me on in this thread? It sorta looks like a big mash up of generalizations....