Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default How much do you care about relative fatness?

As an FA you admire some attractive fat person. You think they look great, that they are extremely attractive to you.

Then you see them in a different context, where everyone else is either thinner or fatter than where you first saw that person. Does that affect how much you are attracted to them compared to others?

Or to put it another way, do you care (one way or the other, whether you want to or not), if the person is the fattest person around? Or whether the people around them consider them to be fat?

I'm just curious...on the side of being fat there have been various discussions about the physical experience of being fat versus the social experience of being fat. I'm wondering how much that divide matters to FA.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Or to put it another way, do you care (one way or the other, whether you want to or not), if the person is the fattest person around? Or whether the people around them consider them to be fat?
Not only do I not care, I probably don't even NOTICE. I tend to focus on one person at a time, so most comparisons elude me.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't really care about it either. If someone catches my eye, it's not because of others or numbers: It's about what I see in them.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Orso

Orso can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesOrso can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
As an FA you admire some attractive fat person. You think they look great, that they are extremely attractive to you.

Then you see them in a different context, where everyone else is either thinner or fatter...... Does that affect how much you are attracted to them compared to others?.....do you care .....if the person is the fattest person around? Or whether the people around them consider them to be fat?
For me attraction is not tied to the size. OK, is not tied only to size and general packaging. In my long period of sexual/sentimental activity I found quite a few BBWs who were just the perfect size but, for one reason or other, I didn't find them attractive. Others were not the perfect size, too slim or too large, but I was really attracted to them.

So, if I find a person attractive, it's because I find her attractive per se and not because of her size. Definitely I would not compare that person to other people around, therefore I do not care at all if the person is the fattest or the skinniest of the jolly group and I care even less of what other people think.
Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
bufbig

bufbig can now change their title

It has no bearing on me either. I think that'd be pretty shallow also, to like one person one moment, then if someone else walks in who happens to be X size different, you're not attracted to them anymore.
bufbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I myself don't particularly take notice to size in relation of comparison to others. One thing I have noticed over the years though, as I have attended many large sized gatherings and have a large sized wife myself, I sometimes forget how thin and light "average sized" women can be.

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
I don't really care about it either. If someone catches my eye, it's not because of others or numbers: It's about what I see in them.
Good answer, dude. That's how I feel. Sometimes I tend to stray away from that, but luckily I remember that I'm not like that at all.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Interesting....it looks like relative or social fatness matters a lot more to fat folk than to FA. An interesting gap....not quite sure what all it could mean for fat-folk/admirer interactions, but something to think about.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'd say that I do notice, or at least tend to forget how big a girl is in a rather fat crowd, but the only thing that matters personally is her relative size to me. As long as she's bigger, I'm happy.
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. The test of a first rate wallpaper is to wipe clean easily when the previous fails.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

99% of the time I won't notice my man's size relative to others. However, IF I notice that he is the fattest person around, it has the potential to be arousing.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #11
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I agree with Littleghost. I'm attracted to the concept of a guy who's bigger than me. Not to say it's a requirement, of course, it's just a lot of fun to think about.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #12
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

As a married FA who is into SSBBWs I do not compare belly to belly, belly to hips, boobs to double-chin or something else. Every SSBBW has a uniqui shape, that's great and comparation makes therefore no sense.
But I confess it has been a stimulating effect on my hormons to be with a (now my) fat woman among thin people both in reality and in fantasy.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #13
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I exclusively date SSBBW. Over half of my close friends are plus-sized.

Day to day, I don't give it much thought. We go out to movies, check out new places to eat, argue politics, gossip, hang out at the zoo, whatever...Aside from purely practical issues like not taking dates to REI for a wall scaling date, I barely notice size.

Ok, not to be a donk, I notice size, but not as the sole factor of attraction.

I've never passed on a relationship because my partner wasn't large enough, and I've never felt uncomfortable (at least since my very early twenties) introducing a friend or lover who might be considered "too large". My partners have ranged from 180 to 500 pounds. Again, aside from the practical...

However, once in awhile, usually when I am single, and almost always on a Holiday, I get a whiff of how others might see me and my friends. My sister complains bitterly about the 1/8th inch of extra skin on her flank and makes a rude comment about a girl with a muffin top. My brother, the doctor, speaks in terms of morbidity and quality of life. My other brother, the Captain of Industry, reminds his wife that the mini carrots are better for her than the pepper jack.

I doesn't make me terribly uncomfortable. Perhaps a bit annoyed. I know that my family loves me and they have always treated my partners with warmth and respect.

However, it does underline how different our perceptions of the world are, and for a few days each year, especially when I am alone, and a little more suceptible, I feel "other" amidst my kin. Like the are tolerating me and my weird fetish--hoping that I will grow out of this phase (Might have more to do with being the youngest then with my preferences).

I wish it were different, but whatever. I love my family. I love my life and the people in it. If it doesn't fit perfectly I can accept that. I'll make it work because it is worth it.
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote