Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Event Discussion (Archive Only)

Old 12-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #151
Darkeyes
Mmmmm...toast

Darkeyes can now change their title

I will throw my 2 cents in here. I will attend regardless of location but I do not think having another bash in the northeast is the best idea. There are currently at least two bashes in NJ a year and while I appreciate the need for more local support, Dimensions is a community that has members not only nationwide but worldwide and limiting our gatherings to one particular locale could ultimately result in lower attendance. I would like to see the Dims bash rotate locations around the country, but I realize that the logistics of that could be very challenging from year to year. If I had to pick one location though I would have to go with south Florida. Would be nice if the local BBW's groups in that area would partner with Dims to help pull such a thing off with greater success. Anyway, these are just my opinions and ramblings. The main thing I want to see is this function to be a success and possibly a boost for Dimensions in general. I appreciate the hard work all of the organizers put in!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #152
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyes View Post
I will throw my 2 cents in here. I will attend regardless of location but I do not think having another bash in the northeast is the best idea. There are currently at least two bashes in NJ a year and while I appreciate the need for more local support, Dimensions is a community that has members not only nationwide but worldwide and limiting our gatherings to one particular locale could ultimately result in lower attendance. I would like to see the Dims bash rotate locations around the country, but I realize that the logistics of that could be very challenging from year to year. If I had to pick one location though I would have to go with south Florida. Would be nice if the local BBW's groups in that area would partner with Dims to help pull such a thing off with greater success. Anyway, these are just my opinions and ramblings. The main thing I want to see is this function to be a success and possibly a boost for Dimensions in general. I appreciate the hard work all of the organizers put in!
I agree. There are an endless supply of things going on in the Northeast at any given time. Having another event there seems, well, redundant. In principle it seems someplace else would be a better option though I say so with a twinge of aprehension. The reason things go so well in the Northeast is because these events are vigorously supported and attended in the Northeast by locals and non locals alike. These venues grow quickly and maintain momentum when done right. Not so in other parts of the country from what I hear. In times past people have tried to get things going in other parts of the country and the world even. I've seen cries go up from people about why nothing ever goes on in [Dolphin Bay] and then when something IS happening near them nobody ever shows up. Most of the loudest voices of dissent come from people who time and time again, never go to anything. Naturally one is going to want to plant seeds in fertile ground where the community is supported by the locals. Dimensions Bash is a huge financial undertaking that at this humble stage of its beginnings can't afford to take huge risks when it comes to the support of people who WILL go. What I fear seeing is that the location gets changed around to accommodate requests and then everybody comes up with a reason they can't go to this one either.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
Old 12-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #153
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Most of the loudest voices of dissent come from people who time and time again, never go to anything.
She hit it on the head right here. Dealing with meet ups and dinners, we have been burned by this more than once. It is very annoying.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #154
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That's why I suggest the Chicago area. Linda's Big Connections is about the same size as the Heavenly Bodies group. I've been to several dances and bashes who are easily attended by 300+ people from around the area and beyond. I know Chicago isn't a prime getaway vacation attraction spot but you will get the local support that you want.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
Old 12-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #155
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500tchr View Post
That's why I suggest the Chicago area. Linda's Big Connections is about the same size as the Heavenly Bodies group. I've been to several dances and bashes who are easily attended by 300+ people from around the area and beyond. I know Chicago isn't a prime getaway vacation attraction spot but you will get the local support that you want.
Actually I've always wented to go to Chicago.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #156
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Of all the vacations I have ever taken, Chicago is my favorite. It has the pier, beaches on the lake, museums and the appeal of a big city. LOVE IT! It isn't Disney World but it has a lot to offer.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #157
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Quote:
Actually I've always wented to go to Chicago.
I agree with Katie. I've been to the last 2 Halloween bashes and there were a LOT of people there. They definitely have the local support that is needed.

The other thing is, LBC also satellites out to Milwaukee and holds dances there, which is about an hour and a half north. I went to one of those dances and it was decently attended as well.

I know that the midwest has a lack of votage going on in the poll... and I also know that I had planned on attending last years bash and was unable to (really, I should have friggin gone lol) but its something DIFFERENT, and Chicago has enough local support that it would probably be worth it.
BellaZwebs- EXTRA HOT :batting:;):batting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith
Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #158
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Of all the vacations I have ever taken, Chicago is my favorite. It has the pier, beaches on the lake, museums and the appeal of a big city. LOVE IT! It isn't Disney World but it has a lot to offer.
Hey and if you want to go to a theme park you can always go to Six Flags which is north of the city right across from the biggest mall in the midwest!

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
Old 12-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #159
Darkeyes
Mmmmm...toast

Darkeyes can now change their title

Quote:
Mmmmmmmm....Chicago style pizza...
Old 12-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #160
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Ha! You were thinking what I was thinking.

@~;~~
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #161
indy500tchr
I am here!

Quote:
Quote:
Ha! You were thinking what I was thinking.
What is it with you people and uber deep dish pizza? I myself LOVE thin crust...guess I should vote for the East coast if I want to get some of that

Old 12-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #162
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

If you are ever anywhere in my vicinity, I am taking you to Pepe's pizza in New Haven...just sayin....

Quote:
What is it with you people and uber deep dish pizza? I myself LOVE thin crust...guess I should vote for the East coast if I want to get some of that
Old 12-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #163
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Some further info can be found in this thread:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=67015
Old 03-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #164
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default hm

Missed the last 2 years..gonna fight tooth and nail to be @ this one!!
Old 03-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #165
indy500tchr
I am here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
Missed the last 2 years..gonna fight tooth and nail to be @ this one!!
Not to sound snarky but last year was the 1st DIMS Bash so you haven't missed too many!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #166
petey

petey has said some nice things
Talking to all at the dimensions bash people

hi its me peter u might not remember me because i not been in chat or on here in a few months just wanted to say hi and say i might try to make it to the bash this yr i always wanted to see the northeast of the us so it sounds fun 2nd off i was to say i am sorry for what happen last yr at the bash in fla both me and my sister truly are sorry we both where have med reactions at the time this time around i do not think she'll be coming i am looking for a roommate i will be flying out of chicago i do not drive as most of you know also can someone help me reactive my disabled chat account let me know my email is pete020580@msn.com my myspace is www.myspace.com/pete020580
my facebook is www.facebook.com/peter.affrunti
thanks see you soon i hope
peter
Old 04-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #167
Jessica Jiggles

Jessica Jiggles has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnny2005 View Post
I will make my long awaited return to USA for it! ha
If you can come from where you are I may be able to make the trip from TN... I was going to complain about it being too far but can't now. Any word on about when it will be?
Old 04-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #168
platinumpuzzy

platinumpuzzy has said some nice things

SoVerySoft
BigBeautifulMe
Blackjack
D_A_Bunny
Leadfoot307 aka Larry the birthday squashee
BigBellySSBBW (& Mike?)
Berna - Ill do everything i can to be there - it was really the BEST time.
Turtleteacher/Indy500tchr
BeastofBurden.
Mathias
Punkin - Lord willing and the creek don't rise!
EllorionsDarlingAngel
Johnnny2005
Ashley
ValentineBBW - I wouldn't miss it
OneWickedAngel/Raivenne - OMG I'm still grinning over this year's Bash - I can't miss next years!
BigCutieStephenie
Platinum Puzzy
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #169
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I Want To!!!!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #170
Slamaga
An headbanger's journey

Slamaga can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSlamaga can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

When will it be?
everything of their host
the earth, bed of love
and life, all above
us, because of time
we can't live love beyond our time
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #171
underaps

underaps has said some nice things

OK so me too! ! ! ! ! ! !