Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 04:44 AM   #26
sammy1nz
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 24
sammy1nz can now change their title
Default

Hard to say what I am. Very androgenous bioguy who has been on hormones for a couple of years. So strictly speaking I'm male and feminising. I don't say I'm a girl, but don't hold myself out as any kind of a guy. I'm married to a bbw and identify simply as "trans".
sammy1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #27
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.
 
truebebeblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 436
truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Not all MtFs are lucky like you, Tracii!

Most of the ones I know are actually trying to lose the weight they gained on hormones. They would kill for more boobs, hips, thicker thighs and a more feminine shape in general, but they complain about mostly gaining in the belly, which affects their waist:hip ratio and they think this ends up making them look more masculine. Many of them have a more masculine body type to begin with (tall, with chiselled features, thick neck, broad shoulders, V-shape, smallest part of waist at bellybutton instead of a few cms above as it is typical with bio-females) so they end up with some sort of a model-type body when they are thin and they consider this more androgynous/feminine/passable.






I wonder if corset training could help with this?
Ive seen some amazing results on bio fems...
Just a thought that popped up



True
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #28
Cors
Delurking
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,763
Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebebeblue View Post
I wonder if corset training could help with this?
Ive seen some amazing results on bio fems...
Just a thought that popped up

True
Wearing a corset may create the effect, but your waist pretty much goes back to its original size once the corset comes off. At best, the effect lasts an hour or perhaps a day. I was once heavily into tightlacing and wore a proper custom corset at least hours a day for nearly 2 years, but I have never noticed any sort of permanent reduction and I took a lot of measurements. However, I am thin and my reduction is not that extreme (natural 23" to 17.5") so a BBW or someone with more fat in the midsection will probably achieve a better result.

Most of the so-called permanent reductions I have read about are linked to significant weight loss, or are stories about the Victorian times where women wore crushingly tight corsets from young. I have seen a few current before/after X-rays showing how the ribs have shifted, so I suppose it is possible if one wears a corset 23/7 for years but that is probably too much effort for most people. Besides, there is still not much to do about broad shoulders, thick arms, the "wrong" belly button placement and narrow hips.

A friend of mine (MtF) actually went for rib removal surgery and had butt implants, and while this made for a smaller W:H ratio on paper and the side, you still can't really tell from the front. The few trannies I know with a pronounced pear shape started taking hormones illegally since they were very young, a somewhat common practice in places like Thailand and the Philippines.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #29
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.
 
truebebeblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 436
truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Wearing a corset may create the effect, but your waist pretty much goes back to its original size once the corset comes off. At best, the effect lasts an hour or perhaps a day. I was once heavily into tightlacing and wore a proper custom corset at least hours a day for nearly 2 years, but I have never noticed any sort of permanent reduction and I took a lot of measurements. However, I am thin and my reduction is not that extreme (natural 23" to 17.5") so a BBW or someone with more fat in the midsection will probably achieve a better result.

Yeah I was gifted a really nice corset by my boss and was amazed at how much i compress in it... 8-9 inches...I need some pictures in it.
(snip)

A friend of mine (MtF) actually went for rib removal surgery and had butt implants, and while this made for a smaller W:H ratio on paper and the side, you still can't really tell from the front. The few trannies I know with a pronounced pear shape started taking hormones illegally since they were very young, a somewhat common practice in places like Thailand and the Philippines.
Yeah,I have noticed the most feminine trans women were from Brazil and Thailand etc. where hormones seem to be more readily available on the street.



True
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #30
sowhat
Contains no MSG
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 162
sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I've wondered the same as Mer. Aside from Dimensions, when I've seen pictures mentioning someone is a MtF trans, they are usually quite thin. I think maybe the desire for some would be to be as slight as possible? That would be for those who associate smallness with femininity, presumably? (or maybe just to have more choice of clothes?).

Would love to hear from people who actually knew, first or second hand!
I'd have to say it's a combination of that and:

Most trans people have severe body image issues, myself not excepted. There is a big desire to emulate the societally created ideal.

I can say that I do have body image issues that are associated with my gender disphoria. I grew up with my mom being a former-model and quite thin and she always wore beautiful, high end clothing by Parisian and Milanese designers. She wasn't anti-fat, and is a great mom, but her looking the way she did didn't exactly do wonders for my GID; it was a reminder of what I could've been rather than what I am.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #31
sammy1nz
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 24
sammy1nz can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby_tgirl View Post
Well I don't consider myself full fledged TS, more like TG. I am growing breasts but don't plan on SRS. I am who I am and am very open about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
I'd have to say it's a combination of that and:

Most trans people have severe body image issues, myself not excepted. There is a big desire to emulate the societally created ideal.

I can say that I do have body image issues that are associated with my gender disphoria. I grew up with my mom being a former-model and quite thin and she always wore beautiful, high end clothing by Parisian and Milanese designers. She wasn't anti-fat, and is a great mom, but her looking the way she did didn't exactly do wonders for my GID; it was a reminder of what I could've been rather than what I am.
I agree with the comment about body image issues often going with gender dysphoria - the discomfort trans people feel. I never cared about how I looked until I started unpicking my masculine fascade. I traded a whole lot of confidence for a truckload of insecurity!

I used to be quite robustly built and weighed nearly 200lbs despite only being 5'7". I was quite heavily muscled, but carried more like a couple of dozen than a six pack on my abdomen. I've consciously wasted my body and have tried to lose muscle. I tell you, it ain't easy, particularly with a metabolism slowed with estrogen and a testosterone blocker.
sammy1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #32
Cors
Delurking
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,763
Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebebeblue View Post
Yeah,I have noticed the most feminine trans women were from Brazil and Thailand etc. where hormones seem to be more readily available on the street.


True
You should definitely post the corset pics!

I do worry about people who get their hormones illegally as it is so hard on the liver of an adult, let alone a child or young teen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
I know a few FtM's and I love those guys!!
Oh indeed! Pity they both got attached and have gone quiet ever since...


Sowhat, chubby_tgirl and sammy1nz, do you feel like that fellow MtFs are a lot more harsh when it comes to judging each other's looks and the ability to "pass"? My ex is an MtF, so I got a long look at her community and many of the transwomen there are so catty and competitive, more so than bio-girls. I suppose they hold themselves to much higher standards appearance-wise because they feel the need to prove themselves, but it was still quite sad to see how far some girls go.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #33
sammy1nz
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 24
sammy1nz can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
You should definitely post the corset pics!

I do worry about people who get their hormones illegally as it is so hard on the liver of an adult, let alone a child or young teen.



Oh indeed! Pity they both got attached and have gone quiet ever since...


Sowhat, chubby_tgirl and sammy1nz, do you feel like that fellow MtFs are a lot more harsh when it comes to judging each other's looks and the ability to "pass"? My ex is an MtF, so I got a long look at her community and many of the transwomen there are so catty and competitive, more so than bio-girls. I suppose they hold themselves to much higher standards appearance-wise because they feel the need to prove themselves, but it was still quite sad to see how far some girls go.
You've seen it Cors. Here in NZ whenever there is a meeting, people are expected to introduce themselves. There are those who say their name and announce that they are "post op". It's about heirarchy.

I find it offensive. I don't wish to sound like a prude, far from it. But I'm interested in things other than people's genitals. I see announcements during a greeting about the state of ones genitals as being TMI. And as for catty, I have five cats who would take extreme exception to being likened to some of the shallow tragic trannies that look down their noses at the likes of tomboys who wear jeans and ride motorbikes. Not only is there the mean-ness about appearance and physical features, but also whether a person is "trans" enough. Fortunately the group I'm in has got a really good balance of ftms and gender anarchists like me.

www.transadvocates.co.nz
www.genderbridge.org
sammy1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #34
sowhat
Contains no MSG
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 162
sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Sowhat, chubby_tgirl and sammy1nz, do you feel like that fellow MtFs are a lot more harsh when it comes to judging each other's looks and the ability to "pass"? My ex is an MtF, so I got a long look at her community and many of the transwomen there are so catty and competitive, more so than bio-girls. I suppose they hold themselves to much higher standards appearance-wise because they feel the need to prove themselves, but it was still quite sad to see how far some girls go.
I would say that what sammy1nz said is pretty typical of support groups and some trans-spaces.

I have never been to, and don't plan to go to, group support meetings. They sound more like a bragfest and/or a pity party. I have so much doubt about passability, attractiveness and self-worth that I don't need others bringing that out of me. I don't need someone telling me that realizing that I was trans at age X, and didn't spend time growing up doing Y means that I am less trans. I don't even know what that means.

This may be TMI (if a mod has any concerns, feel free to remove):
If anyone wanted to know about my genital status other than a doctor or a sex partner here it is: like many MTF pre-op women, I have a really tiny penis that doesn't really work. After a while on T-Blockers and Estrogen, impotency and lack of a real sex drive seems commonplace. Basically, all it is good for making me wretch in pain when it gets hit. Why anyone in a support group needs to know that is beyond me.

I know I feel better when I look good, and that goes for a lot of people. I do go out of my way to look my best all the time, but I associate that with my self-confidence issues. I know anything that I do that makes me feel better without hurting others or myself can't be bad. The cattiness that some people exhibit always seems like it is just an externalization of their self-doubt, and a way to feel better by comparison rather than on their own merits.

There are a lot of transwomen that feel they need to strive to fit perfectly into the gender binary feminine role. Just because I really want a pair of Christian Louboutin black patent leather platform pumps , doesn't mean I don't also want to pick up a copy of Mass Effect 2 or buy a nice Blowerworks supercharger for my Corvette.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #35
sammy1nz
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 24
sammy1nz can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
I would say that what sammy1nz said is pretty typical of support groups and some trans-spaces.

I have never been to, and don't plan to go to, group support meetings. They sound more like a bragfest and/or a pity party. I have so much doubt about passability, attractiveness and self-worth that I don't need others bringing that out of me. I don't need someone telling me that realizing that I was trans at age X, and didn't spend time growing up doing Y means that I am less trans. I don't even know what that means.

This may be TMI (if a mod has any concerns, feel free to remove):
If anyone wanted to know about my genital status other than a doctor or a sex partner here it is: like many MTF pre-op women, I have a really tiny penis that doesn't really work. After a while on T-Blockers and Estrogen, impotency and lack of a real sex drive seems commonplace. Basically, all it is good for making me wretch in pain when it gets hit. Why anyone in a support group needs to know that is beyond me.

I know I feel better when I look good, and that goes for a lot of people. I do go out of my way to look my best all the time, but I associate that with my self-confidence issues. I know anything that I do that makes me feel better without hurting others or myself can't be bad. The cattiness that some people exhibit always seems like it is just an externalization of their self-doubt, and a way to feel better by comparison rather than on their own merits.

There are a lot of transwomen that feel they need to strive to fit perfectly into the gender binary feminine role. Just because I really want a pair of Christian Louboutin black patent leather platform pumps , doesn't mean I don't also want to pick up a copy of Mass Effect 2 or buy a nice Blowerworks supercharger for my Corvette.
Great post Sowhat. You could be in a lot of trouble with the trans group if you left your 'vette's supercharger brochure behind! The funny thing is, I find I'm in trouble for riding a bike to the trans meeting AND for having tits at a bike meeting. There's a bike club near here called the Outcasts. Even they won't have me!

But being serious, this is because Sowhat and I don't fit the hyperfeminised hypersexualised model that is promoted in the mass media. As mtf trans people, we're expected to conform to that model. It's a model that exists mostly in people's imaginations.
sammy1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #36
Gendo Ikari
The Intellectual
 
Gendo Ikari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Castle Where Eternity Dwells
Posts: 237
Gendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot pics
Default

Damnit, I always get these terms mixed up.

I just like wearing women's clothing and being girly.

Thats what this is about right?
Gendo Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #37
Cors
Delurking
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,763
Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo Ikari View Post
Damnit, I always get these terms mixed up.

I just like wearing women's clothing and being girly.

Thats what this is about right?
Not to be a bitch, but are you serious? Crossdressing and enjoying being girly once in a while (especially if it is purely sexual) is so, so far from being gender dysphoric and transgendered.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #38
Gendo Ikari
The Intellectual
 
Gendo Ikari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Castle Where Eternity Dwells
Posts: 237
Gendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot picsGendo Ikari does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Not to be a bitch, but are you serious? Crossdressing and enjoying being girly once in a while (especially if it is purely sexual) is so, so far from being gender dysphoric and transgendered.
Sorry, sorry, please forgive me, I didn't mean to offend. It's just the terms.
Gendo Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #39
Cors
Delurking
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,763
Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy1nz View Post
You've seen it Cors. Here in NZ whenever there is a meeting, people are expected to introduce themselves. There are those who say their name and announce that they are "post op". It's about heirarchy.

I find it offensive. I don't wish to sound like a prude, far from it. But I'm interested in things other than people's genitals. I see announcements during a greeting about the state of ones genitals as being TMI. And as for catty, I have five cats who would take extreme exception to being likened to some of the shallow tragic trannies that look down their noses at the likes of tomboys who wear jeans and ride motorbikes. Not only is there the mean-ness about appearance and physical features, but also whether a person is "trans" enough. Fortunately the group I'm in has got a really good balance of ftms and gender anarchists like me.

www.transadvocates.co.nz
www.genderbridge.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
I would say that what sammy1nz said is pretty typical of support groups and some trans-spaces.

I have never been to, and don't plan to go to, group support meetings. They sound more like a bragfest and/or a pity party. I have so much doubt about passability, attractiveness and self-worth that I don't need others bringing that out of me. I don't need someone telling me that realizing that I was trans at age X, and didn't spend time growing up doing Y means that I am less trans. I don't even know what that means.

This may be TMI (if a mod has any concerns, feel free to remove):
If anyone wanted to know about my genital status other than a doctor or a sex partner here it is: like many MTF pre-op women, I have a really tiny penis that doesn't really work. After a while on T-Blockers and Estrogen, impotency and lack of a real sex drive seems commonplace. Basically, all it is good for making me wretch in pain when it gets hit. Why anyone in a support group needs to know that is beyond me.

I know I feel better when I look good, and that goes for a lot of people. I do go out of my way to look my best all the time, but I associate that with my self-confidence issues. I know anything that I do that makes me feel better without hurting others or myself can't be bad. The cattiness that some people exhibit always seems like it is just an externalization of their self-doubt, and a way to feel better by comparison rather than on their own merits.

There are a lot of transwomen that feel they need to strive to fit perfectly into the gender binary feminine role. Just because I really want a pair of Christian Louboutin black patent leather platform pumps , doesn't mean I don't also want to pick up a copy of Mass Effect 2 or buy a nice Blowerworks supercharger for my Corvette.
Yeah, that is exactly what I have experienced too. Not many FtMs and gender anarchists in the groups here. My ex is pretty tomboyish too (tee and jeans, loves racing cars, spent time in the army and is a sharpshooter) so she got the same treatment. Most people didn't understand that gender identity and sexuality are not linked ("if I wanted to date girls I'd have remained a guy") so we got a lot of flak and ignorant comments from the lesbian community and the trans community when we were together.

Sowhat, re: penis shrinkage and impotency is common but if you are considering genital reassignment surgery then it might be important for you to maintain the ability to have an erection, unpleasant as it may be as some surgeons (at least, this is the norm for surgeons in Bangkok) create a neo-vagina by inverting the penis so the more skin you have to work with, the better.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #40
Geektastic1
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 203
Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo Ikari View Post
Damnit, I always get these terms mixed up.

I just like wearing women's clothing and being girly.

Thats what this is about right?
Hi Gendo,

This particular thread is about being transsexual/transgendered, which is different than crossdressing, but there are other crossdressers here, and other threads on the GLBTQ board about crossdressing to contribute to.

Some terminology:

The term transsexual is used for someone who feels they are the opposite binary gender than they were assigned at birth, and who usually seeks to correct this through hormones and/or surgery.

A transvestite is a crossdresser, and the term usually has a sexual connotation to it and refers to someone who gets sexual enjoyment from dressing up. Female/male impersonators, drag queens/kings crossdress for purposes of entertainment, though they might crossdress for other reasons too. Transsexuals also crossdress, too, but they do because they feel they are the gender they are dressing as. Many people have started out crossdressing and discovered that they were really transsexual or transgendered.

Transgendered refers to people who don't feel like they fit the gender they were assigned at birth--i.e., the person's gender identity doesn't match their body. It includes transsexuals, genderqueers, and others. The term was originally used to refer specifically to people who felt gender dysphoric, but didn't want to go the surgery or hormone route, but wanted to live as the opposite binary sex. Now it's usually used as more of an umbrella term to include a variety of gender-variant people. People get into debates over what the term is supposed to mean, who is included, etc, but this is how the term is usually used now, at least in the U.S.

There are a lot of other terms having to do with biological sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity, but I just listed the three that begin with "trans" that people often get confused. The internet abounds with definitions (sometimes conflicting because of different opinions), so there is plenty you can look up. Hope this helps.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #41
sowhat
Contains no MSG
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 162
sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Yeah, that is exactly what I have experienced too. Not many FtMs and gender anarchists in the groups here. My ex is pretty tomboyish too (tee and jeans, loves racing cars, spent time in the army and is a sharpshooter) so she got the same treatment. Most people didn't understand that gender identity and sexuality are not linked ("if I wanted to date girls I'd have remained a guy") so we got a lot of flak and ignorant comments from the lesbian community and the trans community when we were together.

Sowhat, re: penis shrinkage and impotency is common but if you are considering genital reassignment surgery then it might be important for you to maintain the ability to have an erection, unpleasant as it may be as some surgeons (at least, this is the norm for surgeons in Bangkok) create a neo-vagina by inverting the penis so the more skin you have to work with, the better.
I have gotten the same comments on the sexual orientation and transsexuality.

I think the big wrench into it is that when someone sees sexual in a word, it makes them think about sex, I know I do. Homosexual, Heterosexual and Bisexual all refer to sex interests. Transsexuality has nothing to do with who you want to sleep with. There is a lot of misunderstanding in general when it comes to GLBTQ issues; but, due to the discomfort that the general public experience when talking about sex, sexual orientation and gender, most people just prefer to stay their oblivious course.

On the SRS: Oh, I know about keeping it going to keep the tissue for penile inversion SRS. When I use it, it doesn't hurt or anything, I just don't always stay awake the whole way to the O.

If I make enough money soon, I am thinking Chettawut or Suporn. I'll be honest though, SRS is just part of the trip, transition has been about becoming who I have always wanted to be. SRS just makes me, who was already that person I wanted to be, have a vagina. I'm not saying I'm non-op, just that SRS isn't the reaching Oz event that some think it is.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #42
Cors
Delurking
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,763
Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Hahaha my ex says the same thing about the O (but she orgasms very well the other way), and SRS being part of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
If I make enough money soon, I am thinking Chettawut or Suporn. I'll be honest though, SRS is just part of the trip, transition has been about becoming who I have always wanted to be. SRS just makes me, who was already that person I wanted to be, have a vagina. I'm not saying I'm non-op, just that SRS isn't the reaching Oz event that some think it is.
I highly recommend Dr Suporn. A few friends of mine went to him and the results are amazing - very convincing neo-vagina (I saw two up close) with sensation too.

Last edited by Cors; 02-17-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #43
Tracii
 
Tracii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Commonwealth of Ky
Posts: 3,316
Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Most cross dressers I know are straight.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #44
sowhat
Contains no MSG
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 162
sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
I highly recommend Dr Suporn. A few friends of mine went to him and the results are amazing - very convincing neo-vagina (I saw two up close) with sensation too.
It's always good to hear more success stories on Dr. S. His prices are reasonable, I just am saving up enough money to be able to take a lot of time off (quit job, SRS, new job, profit!). I currently hate my job and am ready to move on, but money is money is money.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #45
Leishycat
Dark and scarry
 
Leishycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,571
Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Yo sup

<.<
>.>

Sowhat, why not just take some time off your current job? Generally they tend to be understanding for surgical procedures... are you out at all at work, to HR or anything?

edit: And I've heard a lot of good stuff about Chettawut. Thailand really seems to be the place to be right now.
__________________
In the future, the world was dark and scarry.
Leishycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #46
sowhat
Contains no MSG
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 162
sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divals View Post
Yo sup

<.<
>.>

Sowhat, why not just take some time off your current job? Generally they tend to be understanding for surgical procedures... are you out at all at work, to HR or anything?

edit: And I've heard a lot of good stuff about Chettawut. Thailand really seems to be the place to be right now.
I hate my current job and company, and I am almost done with my bachelors degree, and will be moving into the field I have been studying in; Computer Science. I am thinking about doing the leave of abscence thing though, in case I can't get a job soon enough I have a place to go when I get back.

Yeah, I'm out at work. I am personal friends with the head of HR and she has been a family friend for 35 years, so yeah, she knows. She knows I need to move on after school too. I'm 22 years old, I'm almost done with my bachelors degree and I need to move up and on.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #47
Leishycat
Dark and scarry
 
Leishycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,571
Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
I hate my current job and company, and I am almost done with my bachelors degree, and will be moving into the field I have been studying in; Computer Science. I am thinking about doing the leave of abscence thing though, in case I can't get a job soon enough I have a place to go when I get back.

Yeah, I'm out at work. I am personal friends with the head of HR and she has been a family friend for 35 years, so yeah, she knows. She knows I need to move on after school too. I'm 22 years old, I'm almost done with my bachelors degree and I need to move up and on.
Ah, well then. I went to school for video game design, still looking for a job in that field... Coolness with the out at work though, and with starting transition before you're super old like me

__________________
In the future, the world was dark and scarry.
Leishycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #48
sammy1nz
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 24
sammy1nz can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektastic1 View Post
Hi Gendo,

This particular thread is about being transsexual/transgendered, which is different than crossdressing, but there are other crossdressers here, and other threads on the GLBTQ board about crossdressing to contribute to.

Some terminology:

The term transsexual is used for someone who feels they are the opposite binary gender than they were assigned at birth, and who usually seeks to correct this through hormones and/or surgery.

A transvestite is a crossdresser, and the term usually has a sexual connotation to it and refers to someone who gets sexual enjoyment from dressing up. Female/male impersonators, drag queens/kings crossdress for purposes of entertainment, though they might crossdress for other reasons too. Transsexuals also crossdress, too, but they do because they feel they are the gender they are dressing as. Many people have started out crossdressing and discovered that they were really transsexual or transgendered.

Transgendered refers to people who don't feel like they fit the gender they were assigned at birth--i.e., the person's gender identity doesn't match their body. It includes transsexuals, genderqueers, and others. The term was originally used to refer specifically to people who felt gender dysphoric, but didn't want to go the surgery or hormone route, but wanted to live as the opposite binary sex. Now it's usually used as more of an umbrella term to include a variety of gender-variant people. People get into debates over what the term is supposed to mean, who is included, etc, but this is how the term is usually used now, at least in the U.S.

There are a lot of other terms having to do with biological sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity, but I just listed the three that begin with "trans" that people often get confused. The internet abounds with definitions (sometimes conflicting because of different opinions), so there is plenty you can look up. Hope this helps.
Nice post Geektastic. Any discussion of definitions carries danger because trans people often don't fit into categories.

The group I'm in has an interesting friction point. We try to be inclusive and accept that a person's first steps might simply be crossdressing. On the other hand we don't want people who identify clearly as crossdressers having to great a voice in our trans group. This is simply because crossdressers don't experience the difficulties that trans people do. Dressing for the thrill is not wrong, but such people just don't face the issues of discrimination that we do.

Here in NZ, there has been a concerted move away from the "transgender" umbrella label because of arguments over definition. The term "trans" is seen as more inclusive and neutral here. But this is just NZ.

Anway, good post. Any enlightened discussion helps us have presence and, through that, influence.

transadvocates.co.nz
sammy1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #49
Leishycat
Dark and scarry
 
Leishycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,571
Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

A very quiet bit of bragging here...

My therapist told me today that she is going to talk to my doctor and any letter that may be necessary for me to start HRT she will write before my appointment on the 17th.
__________________
In the future, the world was dark and scarry.
Leishycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #50
sowhat
Contains no MSG
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 162
sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divals View Post
A very quiet bit of bragging here...

My therapist told me today that she is going to talk to my doctor and any letter that may be necessary for me to start HRT she will write before my appointment on the 17th.
Cool! It makes a world of difference.

Tell us how the endo appointment goes. If you have any HRT questions, ask away.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.