Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 03-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #51
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
Cool! It makes a world of difference.

Tell us how the endo appointment goes. If you have any HRT questions, ask away.
Well, it's not really an endo.. it's a GP who specializes in GLBT stuff, and who I have been recommended to by people in the Pittsburgh trans community. I really have nooo idea how this is going to work though x.x

Have had some interesting experiences with his secretary though. First time I talked to her, she thought I was FtM Second time, she assumed I'd been on hormones for years already
Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #52
sammy1nz

sammy1nz can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divals View Post
A very quiet bit of bragging here...

My therapist told me today that she is going to talk to my doctor and any letter that may be necessary for me to start HRT she will write before my appointment on the 17th.
Well done.
sammy1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #53
sammy1nz

sammy1nz can now change their title

Quote:
Well, it's not really an endo.. it's a GP who specializes in GLBT stuff, and who I have been recommended to by people in the Pittsburgh trans community. I really have nooo idea how this is going to work though x.x

Have had some interesting experiences with his secretary though. First time I talked to her, she thought I was FtM Second time, she assumed I'd been on hormones for years already
I had to laugh about being seen as FTM. It happens to me all the time in trans circles. I look way to feminine to be wearing a men's suit. Sometimes people just don't believe me when I tell them I'm not.
sammy1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #54
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy1nz View Post
I had to laugh about being seen as FTM. It happens to me all the time in trans circles. I look way to feminine to be wearing a men's suit. Sometimes people just don't believe me when I tell them I'm not.
I don't look female at allllll... but I have a really girly voice. I'm constantly being ma'amed on the phone
Old 03-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #55
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:

My doctor just asked me what I wanted for pills. Most of them have limited experience with transpeople and seem to be wanting to work with you.

Here's my experience, it may help, who knows:

Depending on how often your appointments are scheduled is a good way to set up your step up of meds. Like I went this schedule, and in no way am I saying do this:

50mg Spironolactone + 2.5mg Premarin <-1st 3 Months
100mg Spironolactone + 4mg Estradiol <-3-6 Months
200mg Spironolactone + 6mg Estradiol <-6 Months - Current

Meds are nice and cheap too; I get my Spiro as 25mg x 8 daily ($27/mo) and 2mg x 3 daily for Estradiol ($10/mo) at Wal-Mart with no insurance (mine won't cover trans-listed items, my endo just writes me down for fatigue on billing for appts and labwork).
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #56
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Quote:
My doctor just asked me what I wanted for pills. Most of them have limited experience with transpeople and seem to be wanting to work with you.

Here's my experience, it may help, who knows:

Depending on how often your appointments are scheduled is a good way to set up your step up of meds. Like I went this schedule, and in no way am I saying do this:

50mg Spironolactone + 2.5mg Premarin <-1st 3 Months
100mg Spironolactone + 4mg Estradiol <-3-6 Months
200mg Spironolactone + 6mg Estradiol <-6 Months - Current

Meds are nice and cheap too; I get my Spiro as 25mg x 8 daily ($27/mo) and 2mg x 3 daily for Estradiol ($10/mo) at Wal-Mart with no insurance (mine won't cover trans-listed items, my endo just writes me down for fatigue on billing for appts and labwork).
I don't have any insurance at all, but the doctor I'm going to works on a sliding scale which is good for me because I have almost no income v.v

On the plus side, he's been working with trans people for 20 years. I think I'm in good hands
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #57
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
I don't have any insurance at all, but the doctor I'm going to works on a sliding scale which is good for me because I have almost no income v.v

On the plus side, he's been working with trans people for 20 years. I think I'm in good hands
Sounds like you're not in good hands but great hands! Congrats and Good Luck.

I've got a DVR'ed new episode of Archer calling me so I gotta go, but keep us posted.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #58
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

So I went on Wednesday.

It was pretty darn cool. They asked questions, did a usual physical, drew blood, charged $40 for the bloodwork, will have my results in about a week and then be ready to prescribe The Hormones

Then one of my friends in Pittsburgh who is FtM and the same size as me in everything including feets gave me some of his girl clothes. All in all a great couple days
Old 03-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #59
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
So I went on Wednesday.

It was pretty darn cool. They asked questions, did a usual physical, drew blood, charged $40 for the bloodwork, will have my results in about a week and then be ready to prescribe The Hormones

Then one of my friends in Pittsburgh who is FtM and the same size as me in everything including feets gave me some of his girl clothes. All in all a great couple days
Yay! All sounds very positive
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #60
sowhat
Contains no MSG

Quote:
So I went on Wednesday.

Sounds great! Congrats on the free clothes too.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:47 PM   #61
Misha

Misha has said some nice things

FTM. Thick and muscular.
Misha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #62
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Update! I got my followup appointment. But it's not until the 9th. *vibrates impatiently*
Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #63
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Glad to hear that it is going well at least, Divals. Are you transitioning socially yet?
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:54 AM   #64
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Glad to hear that it is going well at least, Divals. Are you transitioning socially yet?
Not really, though one of my friends in Pittsburgh has been introducing me by my girlname.. I'm nowhere close to passable though so social transition has to wait a while.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #65
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Update time! I started HRT yesterday. They're starting me on 2mg estradiol for the first week, then upping to 4mg. I'm not starting spiro for another six weeks though, he wants to make sure the estradiol doesn't do anything horrible to me before anything else is added to the mix.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #66
JadeRose

JadeRose can now change their title

I am not Trans but I have a roommate/family member who is MtF. They have been for 3-4 years (lost track). Most of the time she passes except for having a deeper voice. She is an older woman & wonder if that helps some. She lost weight, then gained some back & wants to loose again she doesn't like how she looks with it around her middle. The main issue seems to be how she dresses. She sometimes dresses like she is 50+ trying to be 16-20. She blames the hormones saying that well she is like a girl going through puberty so she acts like it. She has shocked a few doctors by how much her body naturally changed already without surgery & only HRT.
JadeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #67
sowhat
Contains no MSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRose View Post
I am not Trans but I have a roommate/family member who is MtF. They have been for 3-4 years (lost track). Most of the time she passes except for having a deeper voice. She is an older woman & wonder if that helps some. She lost weight, then gained some back & wants to loose again she doesn't like how she looks with it around her middle. The main issue seems to be how she dresses. She sometimes dresses like she is 50+ trying to be 16-20. She blames the hormones saying that well she is like a girl going through puberty so she acts like it. She has shocked a few doctors by how much her body naturally changed already without surgery & only HRT.
HRT does SOOO much. I can't say that the mones have made me forget my age, I'm 22 (on hormones since 11/08), and I don't like how 16-20 year olds dress (and the way they act, but that's for another thread & time). HRT doesn't do squat for mtf voices (ftm will deepen somewhat), so it's all about practice; your relative along with so many transsexuals can gain so much from proper voice feminization techniques and exercises.

HRT for transpeople is like a second puberty and will have moments when it kicks your ass. For me, once in a great while I get bitchier than normal. HRT is a ymmv issue for sure.

Transition is an exercise in physical change and emotional growth. Transitioning is about pushing the boundaries of what you are comfortable with to get closer to what you feel/want to be. A lot of times transpeeps get to go through that exploratory phase of fashion and interests trying to find who they are (that really monumental personal growth and development period), just like everyone else did when they were a teenager. We just get that great disadvantage of having had a repressed development that displaced our exploration of ourselves until we start actively transitioning, which in your roommate/family member's case was later in life, making it even more awkward.

Divals: Congrats! Keep us posted.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #68
JadeRose

JadeRose can now change their title

Quote:
We just get that great disadvantage of having had a repressed development that displaced our exploration of ourselves until we start actively transitioning, which in your roommate/family member's case was later in life, making it even more awkward.
I think it is more arkward for me then them. She complains that our friend & me try to get her to 'dress like an old lady'. It not that she needs to dress like an old lady...I just don't think a 'lady' over 50 should be in mini skirts.
JadeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #69
sowhat
Contains no MSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRose View Post
I think it is more arkward for me then them. She complains that our friend & me try to get her to 'dress like an old lady'. It not that she needs to dress like an old lady...I just don't think a 'lady' over 50 should be in mini skirts.
I entirely understand where you're coming from. I don't think it's appropriate either. She needs to understand how to dress in a figure flattering manner that is age and situationally appropriate.

There are plenty of older women that look great because they know what's right for them and the occasion. An example is my Aunt Trudy is 72 years old and she honestly looks like a well preserved woman in her 40s, and she always dresses classy for any event and looks effortless doing it.

On the exploration part, it's a lot like that puberty era for young girls getting to try all the various different looks and such. However, reality should still be reflected. She should consider that for all intents and purposes, some stuff just isn't going to happen or work. I know plenty of stuff that doesn't work for me, just like everyone has stuff that just doesn't work for them. Whoopty s***. Teenage girls get to try a lot of stuff, so does she, just not the same stuff.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #70
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Why does it seem like there are so much more M t F transsexuals than F to M? I have always found that interesting. Or perhaps because this site mainly deals with BBWs, but even then....
Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #71
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

There's a definite FtM force in stealth numbers too. You just might be looking in the wrong place. My partner and I are close friends with 4 transmen. As for associates, then that number more than doubles. It could also be because we are sorta active in the GLBTQ community too.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #72
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
Why does it seem like there are so much more M t F transsexuals than F to M? I have always found that interesting. Or perhaps because this site mainly deals with BBWs, but even then....
I've noticed that as well. Even on the trans-oriented sites that I'm on, there's a lot more MtFs. I think males have more of a tendency to have things 'go wrong' as it were

..not that there's anything wrong with being trans. You know what I mean x.x
Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #73
sowhat
Contains no MSG

I didn't know where to post about this, but I got an additional job! Pay is excellent(eighteen an hour) and it fulfills my internship reqs for my bachelors degree.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #74
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is an excellent thread, so glad I happened upon it.

Divals: I'm glad everything is working out so well - awesome!

Sowhat: Congrats on the job!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #75
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Tanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Hulloo

Just wanted to kind of introduce myself to this thread as I think I'm going to be hanging out here a lot now~

Thats it for now as I'm a little nervous I just wanted to officially say hey to the trans world and let you know you have a new member :3

Kim
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote