Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-18-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Help! Need a cheapo Potluck recipe

OK folks here's the deal. I have a potluck to go to on Saturday and the freezer is full of cheapo ground beef. Anyone got a good budget recipe? I was thinking of some kind of non-Italian meatballs, but I just don't want to take a chance on an untested recipe. Whatever it is has to fit on a plate, so chili is out. Suggestions please???
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You could make a ragu - brown the beef with a chopped onion, and add enough tomato paste so it's the consistence of a sloppy Joe. Salt and pepper, and a little basil if you want.

Roast some cut-up potatoes and throw them in, too.

BTW, Sandie had this idea - I'm just logged on right now...

Old 10-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #3
prettyssbbw

prettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized rep
Smile ideas

For a potluck dinner i think i would make some meatballs with ground beef,onions and a bit of crackers.fry them up and mix with a couple or few cans of cream of mushroom soup mixed with about a 3/4 cup of milk.bake at 350 for 45 minutes through 1 hour.serve over rice.It is so delicious!

Or you could always make the mexican 7 layer dip HUGS
prettyssbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Help from the South

In my office they have taken potlucks to an art form....... Meatballs in a savory sauce (non italian are a must)

Make plain meatballs, on the small/bite size

Sauce- many variations- just add to the sauce and warm through

Cheapo-BBQ- I use the .99 storebrand, add brown sugar and honey and a little yellow mustard,

Orange marmalade- (only use for this that I have found) add equal parts Orange marmalade and BBQ sauce- very sweet but good

Prepackaged dry gravy (brown) made according to package, and add spicy mustard.....

these are the ones most people seem to favor, in the south we prefer the sweet mostly... .
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:13 AM   #5
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Buy a box of bisquick and look at the recipe for impossible pie.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:15 AM   #6
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was going to mention that one too, Ms.Toodles.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:28 AM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn
...the freezer is full of cheapo ground beef.
How about Shepherd's Pie?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:35 PM   #8
Delaney

Hmmm....I'm at a loss as to what you can make and serve on a plate--I suppose you could just do up some burgers & buns (don't forget the condiments!).
Old 10-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

You folks are GREAT! Thanks for all the ideas.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote