Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 08-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #251
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I also use always 14+ pantyliners and in a pinch their ultra thin overnights are good. There's also reusable Party in my Pants pads. Save money, save the enviroment. They have a queen size pad that I helped test so I know they got the design right. I use it for bedtime since I don't like to sleep in a tampon. This thing hardly ever leaks.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #252
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've gone through menopause, ha ha ha ha ha.

(You have to read it in a sing-song for it work.)
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #253
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I also use always 14+ pantyliners and in a pinch their ultra thin overnights are good. There's also reusable Party in my Pants pads. Save money, save the enviroment.
What a great name! That building the site shows they're housed in is fantastic.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #254
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I also use always 14+ pantyliners and in a pinch their ultra thin overnights are good. There's also reusable Party in my Pants pads. Save money, save the enviroment. They have a queen size pad that I helped test so I know they got the design right. I use it for bedtime since I don't like to sleep in a tampon. This thing hardly ever leaks.
oooh I'm super interested in these reusable pads. Hm.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #255
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I use Always Ultra Thin Overnights. The work pretty well, once you figure out placing them where they're most needed.

IC I'm really looking forward to the weekend!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:48 AM   #256
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Has anyone used the cup thingies for their period? A friend pointed them out to me in the drugstore (she learned about them in a women's studies class), and they're like little plastic cups you slide inside, just like a tampon. I would think they'd be messy when you take them out, but in general I want to know how they work.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #257
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
Has anyone used the cup thingies for their period? A friend pointed them out to me in the drugstore (she learned about them in a women's studies class), and they're like little plastic cups you slide inside, just like a tampon. I would think they'd be messy when you take them out, but in general I want to know how they work.
My sister just bought one because apparently all the girls in drum corps do it
that's why she started eating hummus too. hah. at least she's not doing drugs/having sex out of peer pressure.... just becoming more open. haha.

but yeah... she doesn't even use tampons, so I don't know how she'll handle a diva cup... but i'll let yall know I know I want one.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:02 AM   #258
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
My sister just bought one because apparently all the girls in drum corps do it
that's why she started eating hummus too. hah. at least she's not doing drugs/having sex out of peer pressure.... just becoming more open. haha.

but yeah... she doesn't even use tampons, so I don't know how she'll handle a diva cup... but i'll let yall know I know I want one.
Is hummus the new gateway drug?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #259
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
I have to second the suggestion for Always Infinity.. I can't believe how well they worked. More expensive, but worth it, IMO.
always infinity are those ones that are the really thin absorbent ones with that cool "absorbent technologay" or whatever... am I right? i love those
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #260
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

that would be "technology" not "technologay" lmao silly me...
Old 08-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #261
Crystal

Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Is hummus the new gateway drug?
Gah, it must be!

I never thought I'd try hummus until two years ago, when I was a freshman at UT, and tried it in the homemade section of the oncampus grocery store.

Ever since, I've LOVED it. And the next thing I know, I'm hanging out with a bunch of pot-smoking, incense burning, yet amazing hippies in Asheville, NC.

Last edited by Crystal; 08-14-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #262
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbard90 View Post
always infinity are those ones that are the really thin absorbent ones with that cool "absorbent technologay" or whatever... am I right? i love those
Yep those are the ones! They come in a box instead of a bag too.. greenish/blueish colored box.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #263
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have used those cups. They take some practice when it comes to putting them in but for some people they work quite well. Can be a little messy when removing, especially if it was a heavy day. I pretty much only use tampons but will wear the cup if I want to have sex during my period.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #264
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
I have used those cups. They take some practice when it comes to putting them in but for some people they work quite well. Can be a little messy when removing, especially if it was a heavy day. I pretty much only use tampons but will wear the cup if I want to have sex during my period.
I was under the impression you're not supposed to wear those during sex?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #265
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, you may be right. But I do.

Quote:
I was under the impression you're not supposed to wear those during sex?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #266
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
Yeah, you may be right. But I do.
Hey if it works.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #267
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
There's actually a thread on the health board about Tampons where we all ended up just talking about the different things we use, and Lilly gave us all her assessment of the cup...I forget the brand name.."Instead" maybe...I had a coworker who used them and loved them. I want to try the cup, but I'm seriously worried about it not staying in place....I'll stick to tampons and reusable pads for now.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #268
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
There's actually a thread on the health board about Tampons where we all ended up just talking about the different things we use, and Lilly gave us all her assessment of the cup...I forget the brand name.."Instead" maybe...I had a coworker who used them and loved them. I want to try the cup, but I'm seriously worried about it not staying in place....I'll stick to tampons and reusable pads for now.
The discussion starts here. You can also find more information on the Menstrual Cups LJ.

I like the idea but I have vaginismus and a tilted cervix, so those evil cups don't work for me.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #269
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Sometimes I'm happy in my skin, but I just spent like a half hour on Suicide Girls wishing that I was that beautiful. They have perfect clear skin with all this gorgeous art on it and cute little hip bones. Sigh. Part of me wishes I was one of those girls.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #270
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Sometimes I'm happy in my skin, but I just spent like a half hour on Suicide Girls wishing that I was that beautiful. They have perfect clear skin with all this gorgeous art on it and cute little hip bones. Sigh. Part of me wishes I was one of those girls.

Photoshop, darling. Photoshop.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #271
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post
Photoshop, darling. Photoshop.
I know :/ but still!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #272
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
I actually never understood what a Suicide Girl is....can you explain?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #273
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just the name Suicide Girls is a big turn off to me - not a very positive statement IMO.

I confess I'm all happy because it is the weekend. Now, if I could just figure out a new hairstyle, I'll feel all purty and stuff! "giggle"

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #274
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I know :/ but still!
No, seriously, Photoshop. I have friends who can make Photoshop jump through hoops. Or they can take a picture of me, make me 100 lbs. skinnier, jumping through a hoop.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #275
msbard90

Quote:
Yep those are the ones! They come in a box instead of a bag too.. greenish/blueish colored box.
yeah i love those... feels like i'm not wearing a pad, but i am...