Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #3076
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarie View Post
i confess that i've always wanted to sit the way skinny girls do soemtimes with their knees folded up into their chest. D:
Me too, actually.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #3077
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

IC that I appear to have chosen something other than ambition. I've never quite been the Type A 'type,' anyway.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #3078
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know what the panda thing is about, but I decided to play along anyways.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #3079
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarie View Post
i confess that i've always wanted to sit the way skinny girls do soemtimes with their knees folded up into their chest. D:
Me too.. and crossing my legs.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #3080
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
Me too.. and crossing my legs.
Crossing my legs is one thing I envy of skinny girls. It's the only feminine thing I really want to be able to do and can't. Not even close and never even came close, lol. Part of it is because of my hanging belly, though. It knocks me backwards, which is why I can't even sit on the ground at all
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #3081
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
Crossing my legs is one thing I envy of skinny girls. It's the only feminine thing I really want to be able to do and can't. Not even close and never even came close, lol. Part of it is because of my hanging belly, though. It knocks me backwards, which is why I can't even sit on the ground at all
I feel your pain on this. I sit on the ground sometimes but I hate it.. like reallllly hate it.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #3082
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm starting to think every fat girl at one time or another has wished she could sit like that- with your knees tucked up, or legs crossed....I've talked to SO many- in the SA community and outside of it who have said the same thing lol.
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #3083
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yep - me too! I even remember an abstract figurine I saw a few years back that was sitting like that, knees into her chest, face between the knees...and it just seemed so comforting somehow. But alas...
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #3084
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have always wanted to be able to cross my legs too. I can kinda manage it if I lean way over and almost end up with my face in the side of the couch lol. My tummy and thighs just wont cooperate with me. And yeah, the same for sitting on the ground. I watch people just plonk themselves down there and want to join them, but know the drama of having to actually get up.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #3085
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

That I cancelled going to the meditation retreat because I had to trust my gut instinct and listen to all the roadblocks that were being thrown in my path. I have learnt the hard way that when I dont trust my intuition I get myself into trouble

and am miffed at where spring is anyone know cause we seem to still be in winter here?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #3086
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Ok, I really don't mean to be gross and disgusting here, but IC I've had a major case of the farts since yesterday afternoon. I don't know what I ate, or when, but since I got home from work yesterday afternoon, something has been making me incredibly gassy. It's continued this morning, while I sit here wasting time on the computer before going to work. I really hope it doesn't continue while I'm at work. Talk about embarrassing. I really don't want to have a student sitting in my tiny office while I'm farting away. Gas is just not meant for tiny spaces.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #3087
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
Same here. Nice to know we are all part of this wonderful club.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #3088
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed

I have always crossed my legs and find it more uncomfortable to not cross them. maybe my body trained its self. Weird though well maybe because most of my weight is in my belly.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #3089
TinyTum
Scrabble addict

TinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamarie69 View Post
I have always crossed my legs and find it more uncomfortable to not cross them. maybe my body trained its self. Weird though well maybe because most of my weight is in my belly.
I think it's the thighs that determine on how well you can cross your legs. At my heaviest, my thighs became quite chunky and I found it uncomfortable to cross my legs then.
TinyTum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #3090
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Yeah I have muscle thighs with lotsa fat on the inner part so crossing doesn't happen. It sucks.

IC I am at a bus stop, stealing Internet. I'm glad I am because I found out my book I pre ordered in April has been shipped today. A week ahead of time. So I might receive it by Friday. And I am extremely excited!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #3091
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Add one more little fatty that can't cross her legs. The best I can do is cross my ankles. Having short legs has never helped either! IC that I also envy those that have a lap! I've never been able to hold a child, baby or pet in my "lap" - there's none there because of my tummy. Sigh!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #3092
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Add another one to the list. I've always wanted to cross my legs but my thighs are too heavy to do so.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #3093
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

But on a serious tip what is with all the pandas??
Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #3094
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Property manager. I exchange rent stability (rent doesn't go up) with a property manager who is very hands off and barely does anything to maintain the building. I wish the manager would do a lot more around here, but I'm not complaining about the rent stability and I try not to bug him with too many issues. The property management company owns lots of bigger properties that make them far much more money than my little building does, so we're just a drop in the bucket to them. But I did call the manager about the basketball hoop. He says he's aware the other tenants left it behind and they will have it hauled away soon.
well, i didn't really understand this answer 30s, as a listing on freecycle usually gets people to come and haul away stuff for free since they want to own it for free, but i'm glad you are getting your frustration taken care of. if the mgr. doesn't do it, post a curb alert on freecycle. someone would be happy to have that thing.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #3095
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Ok, I really don't mean to be gross and disgusting here, but IC I've had a major case of the farts since yesterday afternoon. I don't know what I ate, or when, but since I got home from work yesterday afternoon, something has been making me incredibly gassy. It's continued this morning, while I sit here wasting time on the computer before going to work. I really hope it doesn't continue while I'm at work. Talk about embarrassing. I really don't want to have a student sitting in my tiny office while I'm farting away. Gas is just not meant for tiny spaces.
You can buy some pills and give 'em a shot. You don't want to risk being known as 'that farty advisor' so early in the schoolyear.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #3096
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
well, i didn't really understand this answer 30s, as a listing on freecycle usually gets people to come and haul away stuff for free since they want to own it for free, but i'm glad you are getting your frustration taken care of. if the mgr. doesn't do it, post a curb alert on freecycle. someone would be happy to have that thing.
I didn't want to go so far as to spend time looking around for a freecycle group in my area or post it on Craigslist and wait for responses. The last time I posted something on CL, I received responses from 3 people who said they wanted the item, and all 3 of them flaked on me. I don't use CL much to sell or get rid of items anymore. I just wanted the b-ball hoop gone, without a lot of effort on my part since it isn't mine. The neighbors who left it behind were also some of the rudest neighbors I've ever lived near, so I really didn't want to put in any extra effort for something they left behind.

What happened was the property manager called the neighbors at their new place and told them that they had to remove the hoop, as they should have done when they moved out. The rude neighbors showed up last night and took the hoop apart so they could break it in pieces and haul them away. It's now gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
You can buy some pills and give 'em a shot. You don't want to risk being known as 'that farty advisor' so early in the schoolyear.
I've tried Beano and gas relief pills, and while they do work well, I find that they make me even more farty while eliminating the gas, which is kind of at cross-purposes for helping me be less farty. I think I figured out the cause of the issue, though. Monday night, I had sauerkraut for dinner, which I haven't eaten in a while, so I'd forgotten what effect cabbage has on my tum. Fortunately, I had no major incidents at work yesterday, except for one rather bad moment when I was walking around outside during lunch supervision. I had to make a quick rush to an area away from students, and fortunately it was mostly silent and I was outside.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #3097
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Ask your doc for Ovol. My mom got some cuz she gets gassy when stressed and she ended up not gassy at all with the use of them.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #3098
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC that my flight yesterday was actually quite comfortable. Maybe expecting the worst helped me to be pleasantly surprised. But seriously, I was actually quite happy with how things went - didn't feel "too big" really at all. I'm super grateful for that!
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #3099
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
IC that my flight yesterday was actually quite comfortable. Maybe expecting the worst helped me to be pleasantly surprised. But seriously, I was actually quite happy with how things went - didn't feel "too big" really at all. I'm super grateful for that!
Yay!!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #3100
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So sorry about losing your beautiful kitty.

Brenda
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote