Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 10-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #3101
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I confess this week feel kind of defeated. One of the kids we work with overdosed and one of our former youth committed suicide so rather emotionally wrung out.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #3102
Famouslastwords
Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch

Location: Indiana, juss across the border from Kiiintucky in Newburgh.
Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffie View Post
I confess this week feel kind of defeated. One of the kids we work with overdosed and one of our former youth committed suicide so rather emotionally wrung out.
Oh God. Ruffie that's terrible! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.

I C I can be rather ungrateful most of the time for the things I have. I always want more, more, more. I wish I'd win the lottery so I can buy a house, and a better car, etc. I should be thankful that I have a car at all, so many here have to use the bus, a thing I haven't had to do since I was a freshman in high school, and that I have a place to live that is bigger than what I used to live in. Sometimes I also wish my boyfriend would make more money, he used to bring in $45,000 a year, and now he brings in less. But really I should be thankful he has a job, and that I have one as well, and that we have extra every month. So many people are looking for jobs, and are scraping by barely. I guess I don't think about that and focus solely on what I want, like it's a race. And I am thankful for what I have. I try to give back to others, by tipping well-even for average service, and donating to charities and food drives. I went to the grocery store sometime this year and there was a drive for groceries. I donated bags upon bags of stuff. Stuff that was on the list that I didn't think people would donate. Like the good kind of laundry detergent, and stuff. So I'm not a terrible person. I'm just ungrateful when I'm so blessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls
I'd need to jump to get into a dumpster but that doesn't mean it's worth getting into one.
Famouslastwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #3103
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
OMG!! Why are so many committing suicide? My cousin committed suicide on Oct. 8th, went to his funeral, yesterday....It's so disturbing!!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #3104
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
IC that my flight yesterday was actually quite comfortable. Maybe expecting the worst helped me to be pleasantly surprised. But seriously, I was actually quite happy with how things went - didn't feel "too big" really at all. I'm super grateful for that!
Did you look sexy flying? i won't be happy 'til you tell me you looked sexy on that plane.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #3105
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Ruffie, I am so, so sorry this has happened. (((((((HUGS)))))))

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #3106
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouslastwords View Post
Oh God. Ruffie that's terrible! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.

I C I can be rather ungrateful most of the time for the things I have. I always want more, more, more. So I'm not a terrible person. I'm just ungrateful when I'm so blessed.
You know, I imagine there are many of us that feels this way. I blame society, the constant push to do better. There is a feeling that, if you are doing okay, that you should push to be FANTASTIC. Sigh! Sometimes I just want to sit a while and smile. And, I don't think you are ungrateful, just perhaps frustrated that you feel you need more in life to be satisfied (again, media and society to blame). However, I never will give up my dream of winning the lotto - !

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #3107
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Did you look sexy flying? i won't be happy 'til you tell me you looked sexy on that plane.
Today I was ridiculously hungover and had 2 hours of sleep. Did not look sexy. But I hope you can be happy anyway.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:11 AM   #3108
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I'm so, so sorry. Sending prayers your way and theirs *LOVE*
Old 10-17-2010, 04:12 AM   #3109
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Today I was ridiculously hungover and had 2 hours of sleep. Did not look sexy. But I hope you can be happy anyway.
Nice I hope you took pictures!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #3110
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Ruffie, my heart is going out with you. I am so sorry.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #3111
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks everyone*hugs* I appreciate the kind words, thoughts and prayers. It is something that we understand can and does happen working with at risk people but it is something you never get used to.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #3112
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

So sorry to hear, Ruffie. Rough to hear about kids going before their time, especially when affected by depression.

IC, I'm pissed off at a guy I just met online. He sent me a message this afternoon, including his phone number, suggesting that I call him right away. I messaged him back, saying I don't usually call someone that I've just met online. I asked him to tell me a little bit about himself, which he did in his next message, although he kept it very brief and again said that I should call him. I like what he has to say for himself in his profile, so I decided that I should give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a call. ...Which I did about 15 minutes later, only to get his voicemail. All this urging to call him (the 'right now!' seemed implied in his messages)... and then he doesn't even pick up the phone. Jerky boy.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:32 AM   #3113
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
So sorry to hear, Ruffie. Rough to hear about kids going before their time, especially when affected by depression.

IC, I'm pissed off at a guy I just met online. He sent me a message this afternoon, including his phone number, suggesting that I call him right away. I messaged him back, saying I don't usually call someone that I've just met online. I asked him to tell me a little bit about himself, which he did in his next message, although he kept it very brief and again said that I should call him. I like what he has to say for himself in his profile, so I decided that I should give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a call. ...Which I did about 15 minutes later, only to get his voicemail. All this urging to call him (the 'right now!' seemed implied in his messages)... and then he doesn't even pick up the phone. Jerky boy.
wow. that was so rude of him. Did he call you back?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #3114
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

IC I got another job offer. I am half happy about it. I have to pass a security check which I am not worried about. No start date, just "sometime in November". I will be moving to Ohio. I plan to throw my stuff in storage until I get settled and move it down later. I kind of wanted to stay in Oklahoma but could not find anything here. Ohio is closer to NYC and my family and friends. So that is a huge bonus.

On a side note, just found out my cousin is pregnant. I am like wtf? This woman has 3 kids that her mom had to raise. She lost her parental rights for her two daughters. Sad to say but several of the family members are concerned that her mom will be forced to raise this child also. My aunt is in her mid 60's and in bad health.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:38 AM   #3115
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels_mystery View Post
IC I got another job offer. I am half happy about it. I have to pass a security check which I am not worried about. No start date, just "sometime in November". I will be moving to Ohio. I plan to throw my stuff in storage until I get settled and move it down later. I kind of wanted to stay in Oklahoma but could not find anything here. Ohio is closer to NYC and my family and friends. So that is a huge bonus.

On a side note, just found out my cousin is pregnant. I am like wtf? This woman has 3 kids that her mom had to raise. She lost her parental rights for her two daughters. Sad to say but several of the family members are concerned that her mom will be forced to raise this child also. My aunt is in her mid 60's and in bad health.
Good luck with the job!

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #3116
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
wow. that was so rude of him. Did he call you back?
Nope. Never heard from him again, via phone or online. ...Cluck cluck cluck.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #3117
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on

IC that I went to the gym on sunday to upgrade so I can go to any gym in the country [cool, right? and it didnt even cost a thing!] and the guy at the counter, totally hot and totally flirting with me I think. He was hot and chisled out of stone . . . but, most likely, just being nice, making the sell and probably has a gf. still, totally made my day!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #3118
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ic that I'm feeling sad/depressed today and I don't know why. I just want to go home, cry & sleep.
luscious_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #3119
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hear ya, Lulu. I'm feeling the same way.

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
Old 10-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #3120
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luscious_lulu View Post
Ic that I'm feeling sad/depressed today and I don't know why. I just want to go home, cry & sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSnakeBite View Post
{{Hugs}} I hope it gets better. Have a glass of wine or go out with friends. That always helps me.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #3121
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
(((hugs)))
Old 10-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #3122
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Quote:
{{Hugs}} I hope it gets better. Have a glass of wine or go out with friends. That always helps me.
Quote:
(((hugs)))
Thanks, ladies, and (((hugs))) backatcha

Emily Dickinson
Old 10-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #3123
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

IC I did a dumb thing last night. I drank one of those damn Starbucks iced coffee drinks (the adult Yoohoo) around 11 pm last night because I happened to have it in the fridge, and then I couldn't get to sleep the whole damn night. I've been at work all day, and now I'm home feeling totally spaced out and blank due to sleep deprivation. That's what happens when you don't think before you drink.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #3124
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

Picked up my new med today. We'll see if it helps with the swallowing.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #3125
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I hope you're feeling better soon, lulu....hugs.

Quote:
Hey Momma B, I got lotsa hugs for you