Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 01-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #226
LivingCanvas

LivingCanvas can now change their title
Default I don't think I ever wrote on this thread. :]

Name: Caitlyn

Profession: Graduate Student & graduate/teaching assistant

Hobbies: reading, photography, sewing, listening to vinyl records, coloring in coloring books, video games & spending time with my amazing mother

Likes: intellectually stimulating conversation, the smell of books, tall, nerdy, and bearded men, acoustic guitars, tattoos and piercings, all things Nintendo, beautiful autumn days, fake mustaches

Dislikes: arrogant individuals, close-mindedness, broccoli & califlower, sleep alone

About me: I'm a gal who's still trying to find complete comfort in my own skin. I never know what to put in spaces like this... But I'm open for messages & conversations.
LivingCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #227
blueeyedevie

blueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot pics

Name:Evie ( nick name taken from my middle name)

Location: Long Island, NY- Very far from where I was raised in Louisiana

Profession: Student, Social services & Management

Hobbies: painting, reading, watching movies, shopping, watching You Tube, exercise

Likes: the color pink, Warm Summer days, the beach, shopping, Cleaning, eating good food, bubble baths ( when I can find one big enough),hanging out with my girl crew

Dislikes: dirty houses-people-words, cruel people,exercise, english peas and yogurt.

About me: I love seeing life as a ongoing event that changes you each and everyday. Staying the same would be boring. I love to laugh, and wish the world was full of more people that truly cared about their neighbors. I am misunderstood a lot, I try to rescue everyone , and probably should pay more attention on me. I am in New York because I was proposed to... Three years come June, is there a wedding in my future... Ill get back to ya~ one can only hope~ It took me long enough to find this tread.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #228
hrd

hrd does more than just post hot picshrd does more than just post hot picshrd does more than just post hot picshrd does more than just post hot pics

name: heather

location: michigan (again) - though right now i'm up north in the middle of nowhere for a bit of quiet =)

profession: grad student (again), but i'm nearly finished!

hobbies: reading, catching up on films/tv shows i've missed, old-school photography (when i actually have time/money/a darkroom) and, currently, shoveling snow

likes: that contagious type of laughter that only occurs when i hang out with my siblings, most things british (this is what happens when you grow up on pbs, shakespeare, cary grant and the beatles), hanging out in a rare book archive and/or museum (and actually being able to handle the books/artifacts), finding a really fab church community (which i'm so lacking at the moment) most new places i live

dislikes: people who constantly apologize for no reason, anything too loud (i have crazy sensitive hearing), chamomile tisane/tea (seriously undelicious)

about me: i love me and all my geeky quirkiness, which is probably helped by the fact that i've thankfully never really had to deal with the sorts of hateful nonsense lots of other people here have and that i have a loving family who actually practices their faith along with encouraging independence and individualism (or as i like to sometimes put it, stubbornness with a slight hint of crazy and a fair dash of contentment =)) - and i'm glad to have found this site - it'll be nice/helpful to be able to read about everyone's experiences, get some good advice (i'm sure my sister would jump with glee if i visited the fashion threads) and be a part of a community that celebrates both our commonalities and our differences -
hrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #229
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hi Heather! You seem like a really interesting person - I look forward to reading your posts. (And I also hate people who constantly apologize for no reason! Good call.)

Welcome!
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #230
hrd

hrd does more than just post hot picshrd does more than just post hot picshrd does more than just post hot picshrd does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Hi Heather! You seem like a really interesting person - I look forward to reading your posts. (And I also hate people who constantly apologize for no reason! Good call.)

Welcome!
cheers =) - hopefully i'll have something interesting/constructive to add to the general discussion - and it's probably cheeky to rep someone for agreeing with me on something, but i'm clicking the button anyway -
Old 01-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #231
lalatx
has the worst intentions

lalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging in

Name: Morgan also known as Captain to my near and dear

Profession: Accounting/Email Customer Service Rep & Head of Rep Help Desk- Basically I assist with accounting issues, answer silly and poorly worded emails from customers and answer fellow reps questions.

Hobbies: Drawing, painting and random craftiness.

Likes: My besties aka my peps, shiny things, history, music, my ever expanding dvd collections, glitter, the scent of vanilla, rain, nights on the town, the beach, tubing on the lake, road trips/travel.

Dislikes: Dirty hair, people who say "o" when they really should say "0" (its a number not a letter people). Strong scented perfume/cologne, pushy/rude people.

About me: I try to learn from each new experience good or bad. I was raised by a hippie who taught her children about art, history, world culture, politics and religion from a very young age. My upbringing helped me develop a very strong value system and sense of self worth. I am comfortable in my own skin and never really had any self confidence issues. I love to laugh and make others laugh. I am random and odd at times and that is the way I like it.

Last edited by lalatx; 01-27-2011 at 10:43 PM.
lalatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #232
Sweetie
Where is the Love?

Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hi...I'm Sweetie and am so happy to have found this site.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 PM   #233
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Welcome to our new ladies
Old 02-14-2011, 01:43 AM   #234
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Name: Amy

Profession: Sales Assistant, Make-up Artist, Photographer

Hobbies: Gaming, Photography, Music, drinking far too much tea.

Likes: Chinese Food, Quiet Pubs, Reasonable drinks prices, Nice smelling people, Tattoos, Piercings, Friends, Huggles!

Dislikes: Slow computers, rejected piercings, smelly people, sideburn on your cigarette, ignorant people, when you run out of battery and burnt food.

About me: BBW who is new to the community and the concept of being big and beautiful after getting together with her gorgeous boyfriend who just happens to be an FA and introduced me to all of this.

It's amazing
Deacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:30 AM   #235
hrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacone View Post
drinking far too much tea
is that even possible? =)
Old 02-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #236
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrd View Post
is that even possible? =)
According to the 540 tea bags I bought a month ago and now they're gone.

Yes. lol
Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #237
hrd

Quote:
According to the 540 tea bags I bought a month ago and now they're gone.

Yes. lol
i take it back; that's an awful lot of tea =) - but i've got to know, what brand is it?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #238
instantkarma
we all shine on

instantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesinstantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesinstantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Name: Emily

Profession: student/unemployed

Hobbies: watching sports, listening to music, reading, swimming, fishing, shopping, playing Facebook games, collecting anything with penguins on it

Likes: my fiance, family, and friends; my kitty, animals in general, Boston sports teams, sunny days, homemade meals, the ocean

Dislikes: winter, (most) New York sports teams, two faced people, and peas

About me: I'm getting married in September, I currently live with family but I'm moving in with my fiance soon. I love sports. I'm quiet around people I don't know but around my friends and family you can't shut me up. I've been fat since I was 6 and my school years were hell. I've learned to accept myself more, even though I have my 'blah' moments.
instantkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #239
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrd View Post
i take it back; that's an awful lot of tea =) - but i've got to know, what brand is it?
PG Tips :]
Old 02-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #240
hrd

Quote:
PG Tips :]
classic =)
Old 02-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #241
chiribita

chiribita has said some nice things

Name: Chiribita

Profession: student

Hobbies: Photography, Books Books and well Books, Music, dancing till the feet paining, weird talks

Likes: Books (what a question), Bodymodification, running around and search for a unusual things and take a photo of them, being happy about that later, weird stuff, to annoy my friends with freaky things, my ability to change between normal/serious and a freak.

Dislikes: wait till you get a response to a sms, driving during rush hour, boring classes, rude people, feeling helpless if my friends arenīt in a good mood.

About me: Uhm...this part is kinda hard. Well, lemme see if I can handle it. Iīm still on my way to accept myself how I am or better said how my body is. Breaking the routine isnīt that easy but thatīs the best option to get a satisfying and happy life with a lot of love imho.

Enough said for the moment?
chiribita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #242
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Howdy and welcome to all the new ladies! Pour a cup of tea (or your beverage of choice), grab your favorite snack and join in the discussions. The more you post, the better we get to know you.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #243
badassdebate
On Timeout

badassdebate can now change their title

Name: Sarah
Profession: Student
Hobbies: Hanging with friends/my hunny, eating lol, reading philosophy and Harry Potter lol
Dislikes: ignorance
About me: I am just a laid back type of girl into retro clothes and high calories and thinking of taking some pics...
badassdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #244
rubenesquehunny

rubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesrubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have to admit I do enjoy belly rubs!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:55 AM   #245
rubenesquehunny

rubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesrubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Name: Sarah
Profession: Student
Hobbies: Hanging with friends/my hunny, eating lol, reading philosophy and Harry Potter lol
Dislikes: ignorance
About me: I am just a laid back type of girl into retro clothes and high calories and thinking of taking some pics...
Old 03-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #246
tuffghost

tuffghost has said some nice things

Name: Angela (though I most go by either Ange or Angie)

Profession: Cook

Hobbies: baking, cake decorating (I'm still a newb at it, but playing with fondant is so fun!), browsing antique shops and flea markets, collecting trinkets

Likes: kitsch, cupcakes, zombies, robots, kraken, gnomes, comics, frocks, tattoos, sleepovers, cuddling, back massages, dancing, this boy I know who's really cute

Dislikes: escalators, raw carrots, raisins (on their own, I dig them in baked goods though), amusement park rides that spin, organ meats (there's a reason it's called Offal, it is awful!), living in a small town (it has it's charm, but I'm from the city orignally)

About me: I'm a fierce girl cook who knows how to wield a knife... in the kitchen. I smile a lot and I'm easy to get along with. I'm a sucker for cuddling and hand holding, though I currently have no one to share those things with.
tuffghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #247
KittyDel

KittyDel has said some nice things

Name: KittyDel

Profession: Model and avid techie

Hobbies: Singing, dancing, acting, etc. Reading, knitting and crafting, sewing, cooking and baking!

Likes: cookies and anything chocolate, velvet, cuddling my kitteh, FAs, nerdy guys

Dislikes: splinters, hangnails, tea that's gotten cold from sitting to long, loosing my place in a good book

About me: I'm very much like a curious kitten; I'll try anything once to see what it's like, and then make my decision based on that. I'm an avid foodie with a particular soft spot for Indian food. I'm also a huge bookworm and most days you'll find me curled up on my window-seat with a good book and a mug of tea.
KittyDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #248
Artemisia

Artemisia does more than just post hot picsArtemisia does more than just post hot picsArtemisia does more than just post hot pics

Hi! I posted an intro in the Main Discussion intro thread but thought I'd also pop in here.

Name: Artemisia

Profession: Research/programming (day job, paid); science fiction writer (nights/weekends, unpaid)

Hobbies: Listening to music, reading fiction, poetry, philosophy, science articles, opinion pieces, economic analyses; playing piano, singing, visual art, blogging

Likes: Beauty. Nature. Reflection. Hiking. Long walks. Talking. Pontificating. Arguing.

Dislikes: The words, "I can't." Willful ignorance. Inferiority/superiority complexes. Sociopathy.

About me: I've been involved in size activism in various ways for almost four years, now. For ten years before that I was in the throes of a restrictive eating disorder (coupled with compulsive exercise) that kept me 100+ lbs below my setpoint. Then I found Gina Kolata's "Rethinking Thin," and my life changed. The epiphany became permanent (one of those things you can't 'unsee' as it were) after I read through all of Sandy Szwarc's "Junkfood Science" blog, and many of the actual articles referenced (that is, those that weren't hidden behind a paywall). These days I occasionally blog about fat acceptance, speak out occasionally, but mainly am consumed with living a fat accepting life.
Artemisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #249
mel
This is My year!..again:)

mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

hmm.. I don’t think I have done 'the roll call' so here it goes (and if I have ..oops)

Name: Mel

Profession: work in the Life Insurance biz

Hobbies: traveling, photography, spa'ing (ok so maybe that isn’t a word..or even a hobby..but I love the spa! ), right now my kids take up most of my time with watching them play sports (which I love to see!), hanging out with my doggie baby girl

Likes: spa (hehe), TV (I am a reality TV junkie), Movies (horror is my fav), shopping, shoes!, the smell of honeysuckles, road trips, Mentos gum, OPI lotion (new awesomeness I just found), the beach, swimming, hot baths (tmi?), animals, Dexter and the color green

Dislikes: headaches , not having any BBW/FA friends here in CO near me. I really wish I had some peeps to hang out with me..that get me..ya get me? teenage moodiness!, having to work on a daily basis [and not winning the lottery (yet!)]

About me: I'm a southern gal...well raised in the south and moved to CO several years ago. Above all, I am a mom who loves her children more than anything else. I feel I am pretty laid back yet a bit spoiled (with good reason! lol). I love to laugh and have a good time yet I am usually the quietest one at a get together (which these days are few and far between). I like the theatre and have thought about doing some local theatre (back to some old roots) once my children are all on their own and I am going stir crazy.

"Do I see sheets of plastic in your future?"
mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #250
Arrhythmia
Queen-Size Hottie!

Arrhythmia never has a post go unnoticedArrhythmia never has a post go unnoticedArrhythmia never has a post go unnoticedArrhythmia never has a post go unnoticedArrhythmia never has a post go unnoticedArrhythmia never has a post go unnoticedArrhythmia never has a post go unnoticedArrhythmia never has a post go unnoticed
Red face Did I Post On This Thread Already?

I haven't been on Dimensions in years. So, I'm not sure if I posted here or not. If I have, please forgive. Chock it up to a senior moment. If I haven't, here's the skinny (no pun intended):

Name: Gwendel aka Empress Nightshade

Profession: Founder of a 501 c 3 for children with Autism. Haunted House enthusiast.

Hobbies: Online gaming, Horror Flicks, Facebook

Likes: Anime, Korean Dramas, Shrimp, Drinking Brown Liquor, Buttery Popcorn

Dislikes: Liars, Tomato Sauce, Underachievers, Bad Spellers

About me: I'm so fascinated by the Asian culture lately. To date an Asian man is currently my dream. 'Course I will definitely not dismiss any ideal man regardless of ethnicity. I love men -- no "if", "ands" or "butts" about it. And yes.... I meant to put that extra "t" in there.