Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 10-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #201
NJDoll

NJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
Welcome Erica
Thank you so much
Old 10-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #202
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDoll View Post
Name: Erica

Profession: Teacher

Hobbies: I jog (Yes, I am a BBW and I jog. Weird right?)

Likes: Penn State Football, Straightening my hair, mani/pedis, spending time with the people who mean the most to me.

Dislikes: Judgmental people

About Me: Hey guys! Well let's see.. I am in my first year as a teacher, I really enjoy it. I am currently in school for a Master's in Secondary Education and receiving a certification in Special Education. My long term goal is to become a LDTC (Learning Disability Teacher Consultant) I'm Italian, a very typical one at that. I talk all day long and I am really enjoying my time on Dims. You all are such beautiful people.
Welcome to the BBW Forum! Post often!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #203
Roundie

Roundie has said some nice things

Name: Roundie (one of my boyfriend's many nicknames for me )

Profession: Nothing at the moment. Need to consult some doctors about what I can/can't do (non-weight-related medical condition). I used to have a very flexible job in a genetics lab at my school (had to stop working there when I graduated).

Hobbies: I like to poke around online, dabble in video games, go out to movies/shop/eat with my boyfriend.

Likes: Harry Potter, rabbits, designer handbags, butterflies (I raise them from egg to butterfly sometimes. It's super cool), science (bio degree), Lady Gaga, Eminem, Weezer, Taylor Swift, eyeshadow, wandering around organic grocery stores marveling at the strange foodstuffs, pumpkins, Christmas, cool weather, showering, nice soaps and lotions, peasant skirts, peasant shirts, being pale, non-creepy FAs, fellow BBWs

Dislikes: Republicans, stupid/willfully ignorant people, homophobia, raw tomatoes, cilantro, water chestnuts, germs, driving, drunk people, people who exhibit irrational fear/hate/rage towards fat people, flaky people, tanning, creepy FAs

About me:

~I've always been a big girl, and it never really bothered me
~I have a total baby face and look young for my age. I have been accused of stealing a credit card because I didn't look old enough to have one
~The littlest thing can make my day...or bum me out
~I'm kind of shy until I get to know people, but I can be really outgoing around people I like
~I have to wear glasses, and I actually love it. Contacts freak me out.
~I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years, and I hope to get engaged soon. We're each other's first (and only) kiss, relationship, etc. He's an FA.
Roundie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #204
spacedcowgirl
Beef on the Hoof

spacedcowgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesspacedcowgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'll just go ahead and repost from the main board introduction thread--hope that is OK.

Name: Jen
Profession: Engineer
Music: Pixies/Frank Black, They Might Be Giants, Sufjan Stevens, Ani Difranco, Death Cab for Cutie, The Shins... I should just save time and say everything someone born in 1976 would logically be expected to like
Television: So You Think You Can Dance, Community, 30 Rock, Ice Road Truckers, Sandhogs, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel
Movies: Not a huge movie fan because my attention span is too short. However, my favorites are Star Trek, Apollo 13, Christopher Guest stuff, The Blues Brothers, and Fame
Likes: My cat, old friends, nerds, fonts, databases, spreadsheets, water quality, modern ruins, Michigan, Michigan beer, Detroit, college football, old houses and architecture, eyeglasses, dance, NPR, shopping, baking, eating, running, fall, winter, over-the-top Christmas celebrations and retro Christmas decor, flylady.net
Dislikes: People who judge others based on limited information (it's hard to be fat and not dislike such people), people who are mean to animals, newspaper (due to its smell and feel, not because I hate the news), yard work, garden pests, the amount of time I spend online

I've been married for 12 years to my college sweetheart. I'm here in an effort to interact with a community where being fat is not considered a relentless negative, as I'm currently trying to stabilize my eating with a nutritionist and every uptick of the scale makes me want to run screaming to Weight Watchers (where I lost over 100 pounds a few years ago despite being a lifelong fat acceptance and HAES advocate even before I knew what those things were, and have presently regained almost 40).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jen_cropped.jpg (15.4 KB, 700 views)
File Type: jpg 29916_1474355424765_1410078179_31237765_40696_n (1).jpg (64.3 KB, 699 views)
spacedcowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #205
spacedcowgirl
Beef on the Hoof

spacedcowgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesspacedcowgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDoll View Post
Name: Erica

Profession: Teacher

Hobbies: I jog (Yes, I am a BBW and I jog. Weird right?)

Likes: Penn State Football, Straightening my hair, mani/pedis, spending time with the people who mean the most to me. [snipped]
Also wanted to mention--Erica, I am a fat jogger and avid land-grant-school football fan too! Though in my case it's Michigan State.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:31 AM   #206
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Welcome Roundie and spacedcowgirl! *waves* hello
Old 10-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #207
spacedcowgirl
Beef on the Hoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
Hi and thanks for the welcome!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #208
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wow, lots of new people joining the boards. Welcome Roundie and Jen. And, as I say to all, post often so we can get to know you!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #209
KyndraReines

KyndraReines has said some nice things

I posted this in the main introduction thread, but I suppose i'll also post it here :3

Name: Sara
Music: most, save for country and most rap
Likes: video games :3 scifi, fantasy, reading, drawing, rats
Dislikes: not a whole lot comes to mind, other then mean people :-/
About me: I'm a gamer, first and foremost :3 I'm also nerdy or geeky, depending on your definition I'm also shy and tend towards being quiet :-/
Picture:
KyndraReines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #210
Roundie

Roundie has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin1024 View Post
Wow, lots of new people joining the boards. Welcome Roundie and Jen. And, as I say to all, post often so we can get to know you!
Thank you!
Roundie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #211
Karter

Karter has said some nice things

Name Tia aka Karter

Age 36

Sign Gemini

I like to eat but hell who doesn't. I am proud of who I am. Just on DIME to find new friends and hopefully the love of my life.

Tired of being aloneNAJA.jpg
Old 11-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #212
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Welcome to the boards, Tia
Old 11-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #213
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Welcome Tia, Sara and Jen.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #214
mz_puss
BigCutie

mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mz_puss has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Name: Julie or Mizz puss

Profession: wannabe model / finance
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Art, Philosophy, movies, 1/4 mile racing, mmm V8s, being a spaz and singing poorly.

Likes: intelligent and random Conversations about everything and about nothing, My bestest friends, meeting new people, cynicism, black Humor, movies- huge movie buff( lol ignore the pun), being patted ( im a tactile person lol) good tunes i can rock out to and sing along to, DALI, alex the kid and cats.

Dislikes: boring people, racism,prejudice, hate, up tight people, SPIDERS argghg, heights, seafood, bad clothes, asthma & not having a beard.

About me:Im fun, fat, actually a ssbbw hope that doesn't matter, silly, chaotic, imaginative -uninspired as of late tho, tall, love life, slightly conceited, a great friend, overly opinionated and unlucky in love.
mz_puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #215
DearPrudence

DearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going on

Name: Alice
Profession: College Grad/Professional Work Searcher
Music: I prefer a lot of older stuff: The Beatles, The Pixies, Journey, Elton John, etc, etc.
Likes: Reading, hot showers, cozy pajamas, those with fantastic senses of humor and interesting quirks.
Dislikes: Wearing flip flops in the rain, when crumbs get stuck under your keys making it nearly impossible to type correctly, and setting your heart on a certain something you'd love to eat, then getting home and realizing someone else got to it first.
About me: I'm just another fat chick on the internet. I'm a decent person and enjoy fellow decent people.
DearPrudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #216
DearPrudence

DearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going onDearPrudence knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyndraReines View Post
I posted this in the main introduction thread, but I suppose i'll also post it here :3

Name: Sara
Music: most, save for country and most rap
Likes: video games :3 scifi, fantasy, reading, drawing, rats
Dislikes: not a whole lot comes to mind, other then mean people :-/
About me: I'm a gamer, first and foremost :3 I'm also nerdy or geeky, depending on your definition I'm also shy and tend towards being quiet :-/
Picture:
I'm from PA, too! Your photo makes it so obvious, with the hills and such! I love it!
DearPrudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #217
graphicsgal

graphicsgal can now change their title

Name: Sandy
Profession: Newsroom Graphic Designer
Music: I love music. All kinds of it.
Likes: Reading, crafting, spending time with my little men, making something incredibly pretty in Photoshop, helping others, fun friends, good food, friends who have WLS and give you new clothes and my all time favorite love: typography.
Dislikes: Temper tantrums and judgemental people.
About me: I try to be social even though I am not sometimes. IMVU is one of my guilty pleasures...my avi can wear what she wants and looks good doing it. Also, she can be the Mistress I long to be but can never seem to be bold enough to do it. I am a single mother trying to make ends meet every month with no help from my estranged. My kids go to an awesome charter school and the Boys and Girls Club while I work full time. I like to help others learn my skills and one day would like to be teaching instead of sitting at a desk. Once a year, I teach a workshop at the local high school to the news staff on pagination and give them ideas on how to make their paper look better. All in all, I am not all that exciting but try to make the most out of every day.
graphicsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #218
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've only just joined, and I posted this in the main intro thread, but thought I'd say hi here too.

Name: Denise
Profession: SAHM with a 3.5 year old.
Music: I have a strange fondness for 80s one hit wonders, and have a bit of everything in my collection. I like pop and rock over RnB, and I'm not a big fan of hip hop, rap or dance.
Likes: Laughing, learning, living, loving. I like being with my friends and family, reading, writing (I want to be published one day!), sex, being appreciated and loved, playing my Sims, and a whole bunch more.
Dislikes: being taken for granted, insomnia, Celine Dion and Mariah Carey, ads on the music channels and more.
About me: I'm a single SAHM, and have been overweight since I was a kid, and have steadily gained weight since, and I'm now a SSBBW. I've never looked into the online support before, but I've recently started seeing someone again after being single for a long time (by choice - I was happy being single), and I'm wrestling a bit with the emotional side of acceptance. I used to love my body and thought I was beautiful, but the last few years have been hard and my self esteem has taken a battering. The guy I've started seeing approached me when I was out shopping one day, because he was blown away by seeing me (which was very very nice to hear!), and he loves my curves and big ass. So after some googling and reading through the forums here, I thought I'd join to see if I could get my self esteem back to where it was. I hope to be active here! So...hi!
penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #219
sleeplessatl

sleeplessatl has said some nice things

Name: Fascinita

Profession: Recruiter and student at Gwinnett College

Hobbies: Reading,cooking, Hanging out with family and friend

Dislikes: Being Single
sleeplessatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #220
sleeplessatl

sleeplessatl has said some nice things

I hate being alone also.
sleeplessatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #221
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I've only just joined, and I posted this in the main intro thread, but thought I'd say hi here too.

Name: Denise
Profession: SAHM with a 3.5 year old.
Music: I have a strange fondness for 80s one hit wonders, and have a bit of everything in my collection. I like pop and rock over RnB, and I'm not a big fan of hip hop, rap or dance.
Likes: Laughing, learning, living, loving. I like being with my friends and family, reading, writing (I want to be published one day!), sex, being appreciated and loved, playing my Sims, and a whole bunch more.
Dislikes: being taken for granted, insomnia, Celine Dion and Mariah Carey, ads on the music channels and more.
About me: I'm a single SAHM, and have been overweight since I was a kid, and have steadily gained weight since, and I'm now a SSBBW. I've never looked into the online support before, but I've recently started seeing someone again after being single for a long time (by choice - I was happy being single), and I'm wrestling a bit with the emotional side of acceptance. I used to love my body and thought I was beautiful, but the last few years have been hard and my self esteem has taken a battering. The guy I've started seeing approached me when I was out shopping one day, because he was blown away by seeing me (which was very very nice to hear!), and he loves my curves and big ass. So after some googling and reading through the forums here, I thought I'd join to see if I could get my self esteem back to where it was. I hope to be active here! So...hi!
Welcome Penguin... Great to see more Australians joining.
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #222
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

Name: Amy

Profession: Stay at mommy for time being

Hobbies: Spending time with friends, family, occasionally drinking a few :P, going to concerts, shopping.

Dislikes: Rude People! Backstabbers!

About me: Just a BBW that loves to laugh and have a good time. I love to be the life of the party!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #223
khrestel

khrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going on

Name: Elina
Nicknames: Ellu, khrestel
Location: Finland (You know, somewhere between Russia and Sweden)
Hobbies: Papercrafts, knitting, swimming, crocheting, jewellery, chatting, eating, role playing games, board games, singing...
Likes: Pies, textures, bold colors, clothes, eyeshadows, giggling, singing, shopping...
Dislikes: Shellfishes, blue cheese, mean people, reality TV (except Idols), clothes shopping in Finland, shoe shopping!
About me: A bit on a nerdy side, loud and proud.
khrestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #224
Oldtimer76
Returned

Oldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrestel View Post
Name: Elina
Nicknames: Ellu, khrestel
Location: Finland (You know, somewhere between Russia and Sweden)
Hobbies: Papercrafts, knitting, swimming, crocheting, jewellery, chatting, eating, role playing games, board games, singing...
Likes: Pies, textures, bold colors, clothes, eyeshadows, giggling, singing, shopping...
Dislikes: Shellfishes, blue cheese, mean people, reality TV (except Idols), clothes shopping in Finland, shoe shopping!
About me: A bit on a nerdy side, loud and proud.
Welcome Elina!

I'm glad to see you're around again. Hope you are doing okay lately, cutie.
How're the scrapbooking video's doing lately?

Please take care, hun. Welcome and enjoy Dims
Old 12-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #225
AmberRyane

AmberRyane has said some nice things

Name: Amber Rayne

Profession: Educator, Web Performer

Hobbies: Theater, Photography, Amusement Parks
Likes: Roller Coasters, Disney, Fairies, Anything Paranormal !!
Dislikes: Rude People and closet BBW lovers !!!!

About me: Sweet and Sassy 40 MILF who just became comfortable with her BBW DIva self !!!!