Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 07-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default What's the BEST thing about BBW?

This is a spin-off of the thread on the FA board about "what's the worst thing about FAs" except- I prefer/need some celebration of fat women.

Let's have it.......I think us bigger ladies are strong....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Keb
Princess

Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Keb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I know I'm snuggly!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Smoldering, squishable good looks.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Extra padding. I've recently learned that babies love it and some men do. My cats love to kneed my tummy. We also don't show our age as quickly as our thinner sisters simply because our fat plumps out the wrinkles.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I say the best thing about BBW is all the curves

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Extra padding. I've heard some of my thin friends complaning about their tailbones hurting if they sit for too long on a hard surface. I can honestly say I've never had that problem.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
comaseason
Housewares

comaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm going to have to vote with the padding as well. I like that I feel soft. And I don't know if this has anything to do with it at all, but I've noticed that the more weight I put on the more comfortable I was sleeping. It's just so easy to get situated. Hell I can use my arm as a pillow if I want.

Wow... I just realized how effin awesome that is!
comaseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #8
Tracy
Fat & Sassy

Tracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have to agree with GEF. Us bigger ladies are strong, sexy, powerful, soft, curvy, squishy and the extra padding does come in handy at times. I know my puppy loves to lay on my fat belly to sleep.

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do :)
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #9
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think the best thing about BBW is understanding and compassion. I have learned to see things in a completely different way. I don't know if I would have been able to do that if I were an average sized person. Speaking for myself, personally.

There's always the warm, softness of being big. The feel of soft skin, hair and less wrinkles. Being able to envelope husbands, lovers, children in softness and care. I like being a BBW.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
intraultra
big monster lover

intraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging in

Another vote for extra padding! We give way better hugs and cuddles because of it.

When my nephew gets sleepy he invariably climbs on top of me and lays down. He once told me I'm soft like his stuffed animals. I guess I'm one big pillow to him.
intraultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Having more stature. When I was thin, I did not feel womanly. Bigger women look great in clothes and jewelry. Being fat can mean you don't engender unwanted attention. To me a fat body is so big and beautiful.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Kinda like naming the best thing about the planet, innit? One lifetime is never enough to explore all of her and then you'd need to go back and compare notes. I once heard it said that if you can name your favorite day of your entire life you've missed the point. S'all good and just gets better when we don't over-think it. Just indulge, immerse yourself, appreciate and enjoy her. No one knows how many days we're given.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
Theresa48

Theresa48 does more than just post hot picsTheresa48 does more than just post hot picsTheresa48 does more than just post hot pics

I enjoy the curves, the soft skin, the feeling of femininity and glow one has from not starving to death in order to meet "society's" idea of beauty. I think I have developed a lot of character and compassion (as Steely mentioned) for others from my own life experiences. I like being me at long last. DIMS and the people who post here have helped in that regard over the years.
Theresa48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's already been mentioned, but they make excellent cuddling partners (platonic or otherwise).
Old 07-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #15
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa48 View Post
I enjoy the curves, the soft skin, the feeling of femininity and glow one has from not starving to death in order to meet "society's" idea of beauty.
I like this....and think it's definitely true.

Some really wonderful answers so far, people!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
Teresa
Abundantly Corpulent

Teresa does more than just post hot picsTeresa does more than just post hot picsTeresa does more than just post hot pics

Like someone else mentioned, the softness. Years ago my nephew (who is now 27, but was about 4 at the time) sat beside me on the sofa and leaned against my arm. After about a minute he looked up at me with the biggest smile and said "You're soft like a pilla." He just looked so pleased...lol. So most definitely our softness is a "best" thing.

For me, I like the jiggle factor.

Teresa
Old 07-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #17
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

My G'daughter loves to come and lay her head on my soft stomach..She says it makes her feel nice!!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Extra softness!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #19
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We're edgy!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:29 AM   #20
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah, I appreciate the squishfactor.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #21
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

this is a vast generalisation but most fat girls i know have the most amazing sense of humour They also tend to get things done when other people often just waffle on about them
Old 07-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #22
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
this is a vast generalisation but most fat girls i know have the most amazing sense of humour They also tend to get things done when other people often just waffle on about them
Very true. I would also add that a lifetime living in an extra large (and extra soft) body forces me to think independently and creatively, so I can probably handle problems better that those unfortunates of average size. I probably also empathize better, see matters from more than one perspective, and recognize the truly important in everyday situations. So I probably make more informed decisions, simply because I need to think ahead more often. And of course I'm just vain enough to think all this fat looks fabulous on me. Despite the logistical challenges of my size, and some minor aches and pains, my fat sure feels good, that's for sure.

On the downside, I'm a very high-maintenance woman. Correction, that's not a problem, that's a feature.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #23
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Apologies for having unwittingly posted on the new BBW board. I'll try to pay attention harder. Congrats on your new place though! It warms my cockles to see what an inclusive place Dims really is. Perhaps there can even be a board one day for my people, assholes? One day we might return from our long diasspora to our very own assholy land! Hey, even assholes can dream, right?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #24
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Apologies for having unwittingly posted on the new BBW board. I'll try to pay attention harder. Congrats on your new place though! It warms my cockles to see what an inclusive place Dims really is. Perhaps there can even be a board one day for my people, assholes? One day we might return from our long diasspora to our very own assholy land! Hey, even assholes can dream, right?
Ernest,

The BBW Forum is open to everyone. Like the FA/FFA Forum and parts of the Weight Board, it's a protected forum. But that doesn't mean that non-BBWs can't contribute. Your input is welcome.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #25
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Ernest- it's okay-you're allowed to post here

Especially if you came to say something nice