Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #126
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidhead View Post
"Classist"? Oh dear. Am I allowed to say "the sky is blue" mommy?

I didn't place anyone above anyone. I meant that middle and upper class people, regardless of race, generally do not use that word. But I hear it from lower class people of all ethnicities.

Sorry. Must have been my latent racism slipping through again. I'll be sure to censor myself in the future and relegate all of my opinions and personal anecdotes to politically neutral topics.
Dude, you just sound pissy because you can't get away with using the N-word. You realize that right? Why in the hell should anybody feel the need to defend the right to use such a word? It has a history I don't think you understand or respect otherwise this wouldn't have even come up. Had you bothered to actually read academic discussions and analysis about the word from blacks themeselves, maybe your opinions would be more well-rounded. It's ludicrous to me to have to hear anyone talk about the right to use a racial slur, espeically one with such a dark and bloody history.

I've been ignoring most of this thread cause I didn't want to have to argue but the fact that this thread has degenerated into this n-word bullshit is just ridiculous.

Who cares who dates who or why? Live and let live.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #127
Fish
Artist of stuff

Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
"Classist"? Oh dear. Am I allowed to say "the sky is blue" mommy?
I'm not your Mommy, voidhead.

Quote:
I didn't place anyone above anyone. I meant that middle and upper class people, regardless of race, generally do not use that word. But I hear it from lower class people of all ethnicities.
Yeah, you did. What you wrote and what you "meant" don't quite match up. But keep on elaborating and reinterpreting your own posts and maybe you'll dig your way up to the aforementioned blue sky.

Quote:
Sorry. Must have been my latent racism slipping through again.
There, doesn't it feel better to just ADMIT it?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #128
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OK - I've just deleted some posts and will now issue the following statement.

This thread is supposed to be about the perception and possible valid reasons that black men have as a group towards larger white women. We have had a number of very good posts related to this topic.

That said, if this thread digresses into political and sexual areas or racial stereotypes those posts will risk be deleted; the persons making them will be possibly infracted or banned.

Finally, if we can't talk about the topic in a manner that doesn't reflect common civililty it can and will be closed. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that because the initial exchange was worthwhile and enlightening and I don't like suppressing conversation.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #129
Fish
Artist of stuff

Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Dude, you just sound pissy because you can't get away with using the N-word.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #130
Observer

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smushygirl
You don't see the facts that I stated because I've been censored by the white mods. I originally repulsed by this thread because the second post contained a joke about "Jewish lenders and white girls getting to eat fried chicken". I'm really surprised that all this racist shit is left in the thread, but I have been censored
For the record the "joke" you quote was removed along with the response posts to it because it was repulsive to me as well. We're on the same page. However, when an inappropriate post is excised the responses have to go too. I sorry if you regard that as "censorship." I've had the same thing happen to me more than once.

If there were facts unrelated to the "joke" that pertain to the thread topic that got deleted in the process I apologize. Please feel free to present them in a fresh post.

Last edited by Observer; 07-15-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #131
bdog

bdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushygirl View Post
You don't see the facts that I stated because I've been censored by the white mods. I originally repulsed by this thread because the second post contained a joke about "Jewish lenders and white girls getting to eat fried chicken". I'm really surprised that all this racist shit is left in the thread, but I have been censored!
satire: Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

I posted that because I felt that there was no way to answer the question without making broad generalizations, aka racism.

And sure enough this thread took a serious nosedive. I was actually trying to end the debate before it started.

Last edited by bdog; 07-15-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #132
Smushygirl
Filthy Fat Slut

Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
For the record the "joke" you quote was removed along with the response posts to it because it was repulsive to me as well. We're on the same page. However, when an inappropraste post is excised the responses have to go too. I sorry if you regard that as "censorship." I've had the same thing happen to me more than once.

If there were facts unrelated to the "joke" that pertain to the thread topic that got deleted in the process I apologize. Please feel free to present them in a fresh post.

Actually, I will apologize to you because I misspoke. When I found that first post gone, I thought they were all gone. The post with my facts is #46.

Feel free to edit the "white mods" post. I was really only joking anyway.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #133
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

well i can say this about DIMS board. it has more in common with the fullfiggas site than just the bbws.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #134
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lot of biases in this thread.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #135
Smushygirl
Filthy Fat Slut

Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog View Post
satire: Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

I posted that because I felt that there was no way to answer the question without making broad generalizations, aka racism.

And sure enough this thread took a serious nosedive. I was actually trying to end the debate before it started.

Oh I understand satire, Bdog. I went to college. What you posted didn't sound like it. Especially when backed up by your black women are less educated post. I bet none of you see the satire that I have been writing in this thread either.

Not directed to Bdog: Don't you think that all that has been said in this thread is insulting to black men and white women? White women being accused of "settling" for a black man, rather than marrying a white one? How does that implication not compute to you guys? And what business is it of yours anyway?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #136
bdog

bdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushygirl View Post
Oh I understand satire, Bdog. I went to college. What you posted didn't sound like it. Especially when backed up by your black women are less educated post. I bet none of you see the satire that I have been writing in this thread either.
Yeah, well, it was satire. I was attempting to expose the latent racism inherent in the question. (Which came out as people tried to discuss it.)

There are many statistics that are regrettable. Not my fault for knowing them or seeing them. I was trying to steer the direction of the conversation from "do black guys prefer white chicks?" to "what are the reasons why a black man might, in some cases, prefer a white chick?". I used a poorly thought out example.

I like black and white girls, but I was just thinking why I, in general terms, might go for the white chicks vs. the black chicks in my particular neighborhood.

ugh.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #137
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
SNIP

I like black and white girls, but I was just thinking why I, in general terms, might go for the white chicks vs. the black chicks in my particular neighborhood.

ugh.
Dude....just stop. Please. Your first post was 100% clear on what you think of the black women (or chicks as you call them) in your area.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #138
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

i personally think , that maybe its more noticeable,thats all

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #139
bdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa View Post
Dude....just stop. Please. Your first post was 100% clear on what you think of the black women (or chicks as you call them) in your area.
oh lord.

95% of the women i've date since college have had college degrees.
most black women in my neighborhood don't have one.

SORRY. EXCUSE ME FOR LIVING.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #140
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Yeah, well, it was satire. I was attempting to expose the latent racism inherent in the question. (Which came out as people tried to discuss it.)

There are many statistics that are regrettable. Not my fault for knowing them or seeing them. I was trying to steer the direction of the conversation from "do black guys prefer white chicks?" to "what are the reasons why a black man might, in some cases, prefer a white chick?". I used a poorly thought out example.

ugh.
Poor satire and as for so called "statistics"- we've seen earlier attempts with crap like The Bell Curve .

As for the 'poor thoughts' you might want to quit while you are still ahead...

=======================

And it's amusing to discover from your post that you know most Black Woman in your neighborhood doesn't have a college degree -I didn't know that you were a Census Taker- what do you go up to any lady and ask them "Do you Have a College Degree?"

Last edited by tonynyc; 07-15-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #141
Observer

FYI - we're closing this thread for "repairs".

My apologies to those who responded to some of the comments about to be taken down - but your sometimes very good responses will have to be eliminated as well.

------

eta: repairs finished. After the cones are removed let's drive safely and stay on topic --

OK?

Last edited by Observer; 07-15-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #142
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
FYI - we're closing this thread for "repairs".

My apologies to those who responded to some of the comments about to be taken down - but your sometimes very good responses will have to be eliminated as well.

------

eta: repairs finished. After the cones are removed let's drive safely and stay on topic --

OK?
============

The Maytag Repairmen had an easier time. You know this thread will have you headed for an early migrane....
Old 07-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #143
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
oh lord.

Congratulations.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #144
Buttah

Buttah can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesButtah can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
Buttah! Don't know you but l Loved the ^^^^^^ post and the "hol' my mule" comment earlier. Keep posting. I think you're going to be a great addition here.
thank you sweetie but....

Quote:
oh lord.

SORRY. EXCUSE ME FOR LIVING.<-- FAIL!

you know what, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! i've been a member here for almost a year and when i finally start posting i read some disgusting things. i can't see myself having civil discussions with people who like living in a box and try to justify their ignorance like it's not a problem after they've been warned about it

i dont know who's the mods around here or who checks the site's emails, but i have sent a email asking how to close my account here earlier this week and i've yet to receive a response. i'm thoroughly offended by the mess i've read here alone. folks get REALLY bold behind computer screens and say foolish things without thinking when they know good and well they couldn't get away with it if said on the streets. in the end, i prefer to be sane on and offline so it's best for me to remove myself from here. i've been on enough message boards to know when a place isn't for me and to not waste my time any longer with them

MODS PLEASE CLOSE MY ACCT ASAP. i dont know any other way to get ya'll attention

thank you
Old 07-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #145
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttah View Post

you know what, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! i've been a member here for almost a year and when i finally start posting i read some disgusting things. i can't see myself having civil discussions with people who like living in a box and try to justify their ignorance like it's not a problem after they've been warned about it

i dont know who's the mods around here or who checks the site's emails, but i have sent a email asking how to close my account here earlier this week and i've yet to receive a response. i'm thoroughly offended by the mess i've read here alone. folks get REALLY bold behind computer screens and say foolish things without thinking when they know good and well they couldn't get away with it if said on the streets. in the end, i prefer to be sane on and offline so it's best for me to remove myself from here. i've been on enough message boards to know when a place isn't for me and to not waste my time any longer with them

MODS PLEASE CLOSE MY ACCT ASAP. i dont know any other way to get ya'll attention

thank you

Never let the antics of the narrow minded ruin your Dims experience. Some folks get a rise just to see how they can piss someone off. Fuck that - don't give them what they want. Stick Around. There are many great folks here and folks you don't like just ignore them.

As the removal of accounts are never removed- you just stop posting. When you feel up being active in Dims again take a break and then take the time to visit other forums. I wanted to add that Spanks is one of the many great folks here at Dims.....

Last edited by tonynyc; 07-15-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #146
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttah View Post

thank you
well you can go to fullfiggas as a alternative.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #147
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
oh lord.

100% of the women I've dated since college have been fat. 99% of the women in the neighborhood in the UK that I used to live in were not fat. Should I blame the town of Bournemouth for its lack of fat people or the people in Bournemouth for not being fat enough? Ultimately its a bit of a moot point. If you want something or someone enough you might have to go to it/them rather than wait for it/them to materialize in front of you.
Closed Thread