Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

View Poll Results: Is a private BBW sub-forum needed here?
Yes - please post to explain 29 67.44%
No - please post to explain 9 20.93%
Haven't formed an opinion yet 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Do you feel a private BBW sub-forum is necessary and why?

There was a lot of talk of a private sub-forum in the thread that proposed Dimensions adding a BBW board. This board is protected, and people are able to discuss here, but do you feel that the extra step of having a private board to discuss issues should be taken? If so, why?

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 07-15-2009, 04:21 AM   #2
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

I voted no because I think that this Forum should just be made private, so that people do not have to decide where to post messages, it would also remove posts from this board from showing when people push the "New Posts" button. Many people may feel they are not suppose to post here, so making the posts here invisible would let them see more posts from forums they feel they can post in when they push the "New Repy" Button. This point is even more true if the volume of posts here increases.

What ever does not need to be private can be posted on the Main Board because unlike the BHM/FFA messages there was never a need to segregate talk about BBWs.

William
Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As BBW's we sometimes have issues that are very sensitive in nature, that having a private forum would help to be able to facilitate discussion amongst other women, other BBW's.
Just as super sized women have a private forum, I think it would be appropriate for BBW's to have one also.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The precedent has already been established that a private board can, and should, exist in some instances and with some conditions (SSBBW, Clubhouse). Just because a woman does not weigh over a certain number on the scale does not mean that she does not sometimes have the same needs for privacy, community and support. Right now, SSBBW and Clubhouse members can choose which topics and posts they would like to keep private, and which they would like to have viewed by a larger group. In other words, they can choose their audience as they see fit.

I imagine both groups would tell you it's a nice option to have.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I voted yes because as Jes pointed out, it would be nice to be able to choose our audience. There are many things which can be discussed publicly, which would likely be useful to women stumbling on the site. OTOH, it would be nice to have a more private space to discuss issues things that we don't want available for public consumption.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I voted yes, for the same eloquently expressed reasons as Susannah, Jes and Vickie.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yes, there should be one. For all of the reason given above. I'm still incredibly surprised that this debate is STILL going on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, there should be a private BBW forum. Without it being that way, I think it's going to be the same discussion over and over and I don't really think people will feel comfortable speaking their minds completely until it's private.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
Yeah, there should be a private BBW forum. Without it being that way, I think it's going to be the same discussion over and over and I don't really think people will feel comfortable speaking their minds completely until it's private.
Word for word.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
What ever does not need to be private can be posted on the Main Board because unlike the BHM/FFA messages there was never a need to segregate talk about BBWs.

William
Oh boy. you just discredited everything else you just said in the post.

Oh, and i agree there should be a private one. Like i've said before, there are certain... things... that I want to talk about but to be honest, i think a lot of us talk to people on here that we're... interested... in that we don't necessarily want to know that we're having problem-x for fear of being seen as "Gross" or dumb.

One concern I have that i've voiced before... How do you decide who's in and who's out?

Last edited by Weeze; 07-15-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree with all the women who've responded.. yesyesyes.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi

I also think that there should be a private BBW Forum, I do not think that this present forum should be visible if it is only for BBWs (I am not sure of the rules here).

The differences in this and the BHM/FFA forum creation is that the BBWs asked for a separate forum and the BHM/FFAs needed one because their messages were not appropriate for the Main Board, things are a lot better now. Still the BHM/FFA Forum is open to anyone and many non-FFA BBWs and non-BHMs Men post there.

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
Oh boy. you just discredited everything else you just said in the post.

Oh, and i agree there should be a private one. Like i've said before, there are certain... things... that I want to talk about but to be honest, i think a lot of us talk to people on here that we're... interested... in that we don't necessarily want to know that we're having problem-x for fear of being seen as "Gross" or dumb.

One concern I have that i've voiced before... How do you decide who's in and who's out?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #13
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

William, you can be sure of the rules by reading them. They are at the top of the board.

We're just gathering info right now, though there is no plan for a private board at this time, and looking at the possible future, down the road.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #14
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think there is a real need for the privacy.

I was a member of the SSBBW and I was pretty sad when I was removed because I was not fat enough. Since that time I've kept the majority of my views quiet because I don't feel comfortable knowing that there could be some inconsiderate person who treats my trials and lessons being fat as a turn on.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Hi

I also think that there should be a private BBW Forum, I do not think that this present forum should be visible if it is only for BBWs (I am not sure of the rules here).

The differences in this and the BHM/FFA forum creation is that the BBWs asked for a separate forum and the BHM/FFAs needed one because their messages were not appropriate for the Main Board, things are a lot better now. Still the BHM/FFA Forum is open to anyone and many non-FFA BBWs and non-BHMs Men post there.

William

William, I don't think this forum should be private just because you are angry. You are allowed to post on this forum, IF what you have to say follows the rules. Just ignore the forum. It is rare I click on certain boards on Dimensions.......you can do you the same.

----

I am certainly fine with a private sub-forum, ifit is kept for only the most sensitive of topics, and does not turn into general chat about pets or kids...etc.. It would be a huge asset to fat women.

Let's just pull the trigger and stop making more of a mess. Pleeeeeeease.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
William
On Timeout

I know there needs to be a private area, anyone who has been around Fat Acceptance knows that some creepy guys will get off on inappropriate subject matter.

I do not think that it was made clear who this present forum was for because the male traffic here has been very light. I use the "New Post" Button so I get all the forums.

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
William, I don't think this forum should be private just because you are angry. You are allowed to post on this forum, IF what you have to say follows the rules. Just ignore the forum. It is rare I click on certain boards on Dimensions.......you can do you the same.

----

I am certainly fine with a private sub-forum. If it is kept for only the most sensitive of topics, and does not turn into general chat about pets or kids...etc..

Let's just pull the trigger and stop making more of a mess. Pleeeeeeease.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #17
Tina
Older and wiser now

William it is made clear to those who read. Look up, at the top of the main BBW forum board, for the thread that says: "Welcome to the BBW Board! This is a must-read."

Please go read it and educate yourself about this board. No one should have to do it for you.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #18
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Thumbs up

I agree with the lovely BBW's that have posted before me.

Yes!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #19
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I know there needs to be a private area, anyone who has been around Fat Acceptance knows that some creepy guys will get off on inappropriate subject matter.

I do not think that it was made clear who this present forum was for because the male traffic here has been very light. I use the "New Post" Button so I get all the forums.

William

Why are you posting here at all? Or have you changed sexes and we don't know it?
Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
Tina
Older and wiser now

All of the info about who can post here, and the guidelines, is in the thread I directed William to. He is allowed to post here, as are all non-BBW, as long as the rules are followed.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #21
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

I voted yes because as the other ladies have stated there are some subject that do not need to be in the public eye..I for one really do not want men to be able to open a thread about things only women should discuss to get their rocks off...If the men had a private sub-forum I wouldn't object because there are somethings about a male body I don't wanna know anything about!!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
Old 07-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #22
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I voted no because I think that this Forum should just be made private, so that people do not have to decide where to post messages, it would also remove posts from this board from showing when people push the "New Posts" button. Many people may feel they are not suppose to post here, so making the posts here invisible would let them see more posts from forums they feel they can post in when they push the "New Repy" Button. This point is even more true if the volume of posts here increases.

William

I see you are back to stirring the shit pot once again....I still wanna know what you are getting out of this..

I really do not see where it says "many people feel they are not suppose to post here." From reading the heading on the forum plus the rules that were posted,as long as you follow the rules of the forum you are allowed to post..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #23
Surlysomething

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
All of the info about who can post here, and the guidelines, is in the thread I directed William to. He is allowed to post here, as are all non-BBW, as long as the rules are followed.

I was teasing.

Does anyone have a sense of humour around here?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #24
Tina
Older and wiser now

Normally, yes. But I'm really not feeling well today and so my read is off.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #25
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

nope. no explanation necessary.
Closed Thread