Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #51
LonesomeKreature

LonesomeKreature has said some nice things

There are different types of confidence. I however am confident with photography. I've done projects for my college courses that involve me being completely nude in my photographs but if i'm not behind the camera, I lack the confidence. I guess I'm confident in art form not regular life form.
LonesomeKreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #52
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keb View Post
Been ruminating over the phrase "confident BBW" for a while, thanks to reading some other threads. That seems to be what all the FA's demand and desire. But I'm not sure even they fully know what they mean when they throw that phrase out. There are so many levels of confidence. Do they just mean someone who isn't flat out depressed about being fat all the time? Is it a code word for "Not On A Diet"? Code for "One of the Paysite Girls"?

I think of myself as a confident person most of the time. I'm willing to stand up for myself, others, and what I believe in when I think it's appropriate/necessary. I'm proud of what I've achieved, and set high goals for myself. I try to accept compliments and appreciate other people's good points as well.

But I'm not a steam-engine of confidence, radiating pride in everything I could possibly be. I have doubts, for example, that anyone would really want to see me in the altogether. I worry that I haven't done enough in my life, and won't achieve the things I'd like to. I question myself and second-guess myself. And only some of that is at all related to my fatness.

In other words, I'm pretty human--full of hopes and fears, love and insecurities.

I wished on a star last night for love I could trust in, and then came inside and my mother went out of her way to make me a sandwich because there was nothing left of supper. It wasn't quite what I meant, but I guess I've had that wish all along.

I know that seems unrelated--but maybe the FAs are wishing for something that doesn't exist, or that they could easily have simply by being confident in their own choices?
I'm going to rep this when the Gods of the Can allow.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote