Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #26
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
Thanks moore2me. I did not know shelf stable milk in cartons existed. Does it taste like regular milk or like evaporated milk?

I will look for it next time I am at the store. I am in Idaho... it might not come to us for several years lol
I will be honest with you - I really don't drink much milk straight. (I have a wee bit of the lactose intolerance.) Almost all milk I drink has something in it, coffee, ice cream, instant breakfast, smoothie mix. I find the milk in a box just fine for my use. I also cook with milk in soups and sauces and of course it works for that too. But you guys in Idaho have done such bang up job of refining instant potatoes (love 'em), accepting & using milk in a box should be a bird's nest on the ground.

Mr. M2M on the other hand is picky about his milk. BUT - he is a connoisseur of sorts of milk. He grew up on a dairy farm. He had to milk cows morning and night all thru high school. It is difficult for commercially produced cow's milk to meet what was in his childhood memories. He would drink milk in a box only if we were in a quarantine following nuclear winter or a worldwide zombie attack.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #27
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2me View Post
I will be honest with you - I really don't drink much milk straight. (I have a wee bit of the lactose intolerance.) Almost all milk I drink has something in it, coffee, ice cream, instant breakfast, smoothie mix. I find the milk in a box just fine for my use. I also cook with milk in soups and sauces and of course it works for that too. But you guys in Idaho have done such bang up job of refining instant potatoes (love 'em), accepting & using milk in a box should be a bird's nest on the ground.

Mr. M2M on the other hand is picky about his milk. BUT - he is a connoisseur of sorts of milk. He grew up on a dairy farm. He had to milk cows morning and night all thru high school. It is difficult for commercially produced cow's milk to meet what was in his childhood memories. He would drink milk in a box only if we were in a quarantine following nuclear winter or a worldwide zombie attack.
HA! I totally understand your husbands opinion on the taste of milk. I too used to milk a cow for my family's use. There is nothing like raw fresh milk. I can't really enjoy any milk below the "red cap of death" whole milk from the store, and even whole milk seems watered down.

But I do use milk for cooking and that doesn't have to be "good" milk I could use the boxes of milk for that, so I will see if I can find them here.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #28
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

To me, the milk tastes fine. I use it for cereal or sometimes to drink if I have cookies or cake. I'll be curious to see what you think!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #29
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ok, 6 weeks later and delivery #2 was today. They came on time today, so YAY. I didn't like this driver - he dumped everything in the entrance to my kitchen, not on the table and the counters in addition to the floor, like the last guy. So I had to keep picking the stuff up and putting it on the table, etc. Hoping my back doesn't ache later.

Also, it was raining out and he didn't think to wipe his feet when he came in - he just made wet dirty tracks all over my hardwood floors. ugh.

So...he got $5. Not $10 like the last guy. At least it wasn't a hard decision.

I got over $350 worth of food again. I think I should order more often and get less, but I am still in the stock-up-while-I-have-the-help mentality that I have when a gentleman friend would help me now and then in the past.

I just need to get used to it, I think, and work out the kinks. I would have ordered sooner but didn't want to take delivery just before the NJ Bash last weekend.

I am not thrilled with the limited selection online and might give ShopRite a try one time. They do charge a lot more for delivery - $10 to shop and $10 to deliver, I think, so it's 20 bucks - Peapod is $7.

I am tempted to take this last order and see what the exact same thing would cost from ShopRite. If the prices are lower, it would offset the delivery charge. I do remember that their evening delivery timeslot was much less convenient which was why I went with Peapod to begin with.

I am also going to order some things from Schwan's now that they deliver in my area. First I need to eat my way through my freezer (or fill up my trash can) to make some room. If you don't know, Schwan's is all frozen stuff.

I think I'll start a Schwan's thread to get some recommendations!

OK, enough rambling about my silly grocery order.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 03-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #30
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Does Peapod offer a customer service hotline, or website, where you can report the quality of your delivery? I would think that the delivery is the face of Peapod, and can ruin a business if not handled properly.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #31
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Does Peapod offer a customer service hotline, or website, where you can report the quality of your delivery? I would think that the delivery is the face of Peapod, and can ruin a business if not handled properly.
They do, but really, I just needed to ask him to wipe his feet (after 3 trips with wet feet, I did ask, and he complied) and I could have told him where I wanted the bags. I just wanted him to read my mind.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #32
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
They do, but really, I just needed to ask him to wipe his feet (after 3 trips with wet feet, I did ask, and he complied) and I could have told him where I wanted the bags. I just wanted him to read my mind.
And some men were raised in a barn . . . . . . . . by wolves.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #33
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I received my first order from Alice.com last week. I was impressed with their shipping/packaging and the prices are close to what I pay where I shop.

I ordered mostly cleaning supplies because the way I shop (TravelScoot and TrolleyBasket) I don't have tons of room in my basket and I hate making a special trip just for cleaning products.

Alice.com thumbs up!
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #34
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My big Peapod tip (did somebody else already say this? My apologies if so): get your delivery EARLY in the a.m.

The last two deliveries I've gotten were in the afternoon and both times there was some spoiled veg as a result (I called and got a refund). I think they leave the place fine (hours earlier) but end up that way by the time they get to you.

Usually I get my deliveries in the a.m. and up until now have had no probs with this...
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #35
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
My big Peapod tip (did somebody else already say this? My apologies if so): get your delivery EARLY in the a.m.

The last two deliveries I've gotten were in the afternoon and both times there was some spoiled veg as a result (I called and got a refund). I think they leave the place fine (hours earlier) but end up that way by the time they get to you.

Usually I get my deliveries in the a.m. and up until now have had no probs with this...
That would be a good tip if my weekend days actually HAD mornings

I get my deliveries usually on Sunday between 12 and 2. And I have to make sure I am awake, showered and dressed in time!

I am not happy with them - they screw up all the time, but they do make it right. This time they even brought me the correct items 2 days later and I got to keep the wrong ones for free.