Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-05-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default As a woman, do you like natural fibers or synthetic ones for your clothes?

Psst, that title was a decoy. This is really a picture thread masquerading under the most boring thread title I could think of. I did that for a reason. See below. Here's the real title:

Post pictures YOU like

This thread is in response to the confidence thread and the discussions about how women often find it difficult to openly acknowledge positives about themselves and accept compliments without deflecting them. So often we're socialized to be modest and not toot our own horns. This thread is for tooting (heh).

Here's your assignment:

1) Post a picture that makes YOU feel good about yourself.

2) Tell us why it makes you feel positive.

3) If someone says something pleasant about it, say thank you.

The reason I "hid" this thread under a boring title is because so many of the picture threads naturally tend toward posting images that men will respond to. This thread is for pics that YOU respond to. Hopefully the lack of the word "pics" in the thread will keep this thread somewhat off the fapping, drooling path and more just for us. If you're a guy who stumbled upon this, lucky you.

(I still can't get into my picture files following a computer crash. Long story, but they're there. I just can't access them yet. I'll post something of my own when I finally get in there again.)

Last edited by rainyday; 08-05-2009 at 04:57 AM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

But I really like natural fibers, they just feel better. I will admit cotton doesn't drape well and linen wrinkles if you move but I do enjoy the touch, the feel of cotton, the fabric of my life.

I like this picture of myself, I look happy and it really captures the person I am on my best days.

Last edited by steely; 03-18-2010 at 06:41 AM.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:52 AM   #3
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh Rainy! You are seriously the sweetest person ever! Thanks for such a great idea.

I love this pic because it was just an everyday pic. Nothing fancy but seeing the calm on my face makes me feel calm and that's a great feeling these days.

Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
But I really like natural fibers, they just feel better. I will admit cotton doesn't drape well and linen wrinkles if you move but I do enjoy the touch, the feel of cotton, the fabric of my life.

I like this picture of myself, I look happy and it really captures the person I am on my best days.
I agree you look happy and that makes me smile too. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #5
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Oh Rainy! You are seriously the sweetest person ever! Thanks for such a great idea.

I love this pic because it was just an everyday pic. Nothing fancy but seeing the calm on my face makes me feel calm and that's a great feeling these days.

Thank you, you are beautiful, real beauty.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Sugar

Quote:
Thank you, you are beautiful, real beauty.
Thank you!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thank you for posting, ladies! Wasn't sure how this would go. I was posting after a melatonin and six-pack of iced tea and fully ready to use that for an excuse if things went badly.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
Thank you for posting, ladies! Wasn't sure how this would go. I was posting after a melatonin and six-pack of iced tea and fully ready to use that for an excuse if things went badly.
It's a great idea for a thread. I wish more people would post. It's nice to feel positive about yourself and others. Good job!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
rainyday
Departed

Thanks, beautiful Steely. They may lack interest in the fiber content of clothes lol. Maybe we'll have to spread the word so they find it.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
steely

Thanks, off to spread the word....
Old 08-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Excellent idea! Although I was all prepared to discuss how certain fabrics make me too hot....lol

I know this is my profile pic, but I never seem to look right in photos. Either my eyes look to small when I smile or I look lopsided. I actually don't mind myself in this one so much. Sorry about the blurry look, still not used to using my camera
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me.jpg (106.7 KB, 949 views)
Old 08-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #12
Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdkml View Post
Excellent idea! Although I was all prepared to discuss how certain fabrics make me too hot....lol

I know this is my profile pic, but I never seem to look right in photos. Either my eyes look to small when I smile or I look lopsided. I actually don't mind myself in this one so much. Sorry about the blurry look, still not used to using my camera
I think you look great, I love the hint of a smile...like you're up to something good!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #13
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks Lucky! I think your a cutie and I love your specs!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is one of my favorite photos. I didn't even bother to remove my glasses for this photo. I had a little bit of make up on but otherwise it's just plain ol' me at my messy desk.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #15
steely

kmdkml- You look great!

LillyBBBW- Lovely as usual.

I like this thread. Such lovely ladies we all are.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #16
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
kmdkml- You look great!

LillyBBBW- Lovely as usual.

I like this thread. Such lovely ladies we all are.
Thanks steely, ditto!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #17
rainyday
Departed

I ran out of rep when I got to you Lilly. I'll be back when I'm restocked. I love how all these pictures look so natural and relaxed. (I think I may have missent one of the reps too, so if one of you got one that didn't make sense, that's why lol.)
Old 08-06-2009, 05:33 AM   #18
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdkml View Post

You all look so lovely. Seeing your faces makes me smile. Thank you so much for sharing and thanks so much for the compliments.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #19
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
I ran out of rep when I got to you Lilly. I'll be back when I'm restocked. I love how all these pictures look so natural and relaxed. (I think I may have missent one of the reps too, so if one of you got one that didn't make sense, that's why lol.)
Haha, I guess that would be me! It was nice rep but sure did not make sense

This is for LillyBBBW, you're gorgeous!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #20
Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post

This is one of my favorite photos. I didn't even bother to remove my glasses for this photo. I had a little bit of make up on but otherwise it's just plain ol' me at my messy desk.
I love your smile...it makes me smile!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #21
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love that all the pictures in this thread so far make everyone smile.

Here's my alltime favorite picture of myself. I like it cause I look really effortlessly feminine, and I don't have too many pics like that.

Attachment 68261

Last edited by olwen; 10-19-2014 at 06:52 PM.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #22
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Rainy, you are brilliant! I love natural fabrics with a little stretch thrown in! lol!

All you ladies' pictures are beautiful. I love those smiling, happy faces.

Here's mine! Nothing new, one is my current avatar and the other is a past avatar, but they are among my favorites because I'm not squinting! LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me in front of china hutch 2, June 23, 2009.jpg (21.7 KB, 864 views)
File Type: jpg Me and my cowboy hat, June 2008.jpg (28.0 KB, 874 views)

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:55 AM   #23
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I feel very happy and pretty in the first pic. I have gained weight, but I actually think I look healthier and happier.
In the second pic I was also feeling happy and my face shows it I think.

Resized.jpg

Cute.jpg

Last edited by Shosh; 08-07-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:02 AM   #24
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hee hee Rainy you are so clever and naughty!!

I have two.

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:50 AM   #25
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

What a lovely, lovely thread ladies you are all, all gorgeous *beams*

I'm a total picture whore and so have attached 3 pics that make me feel happy cos they are just so me. Its like they captured how I feel instead of just what i look like. The one with me sitting down - LOL! - I was high as f*ck. That is still one of the best, mellow days I've ever had.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n702404461_815540_11.jpg (52.1 KB, 805 views)
File Type: jpg n702404461_896151_8711.jpg (77.7 KB, 785 views)
File Type: jpg 2815_84775919461_702404461_2379544_5344372_n.jpg (80.1 KB, 767 views)