Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #51
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

so you guys all just convinced me to never go to any sort of dims meet up. If any of you actually met me in RL you'd end up stab me within minutes...
FishCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #52
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dripping faucets.

People that don't clean the dryer's lint trap.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #53
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dripping taps is also one of mine

being late or people who are

oh and I absolutely cannot sleep if there is a ticking clock around
spiritangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #54
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This Thread
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #55
wolfpersona

wolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Thumbs up I like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by project219 View Post
I have like... only one real pet peeve...

People who can't keep their kids under control in public.

Do I really need to explain that one?
I work at a supermarket i understand.
"mommy i want this."
(mother screams)"enough. behave."
it goes back and forth until they leave the store. lol.

Last edited by wolfpersona; 05-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.
wolfpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #56
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpersona View Post
I work at a supermarket i understand.
"mommy i want this."
(mother screams)"enough. behave."
it goes back and forth until they leave the store. lol.
I have a question for you. When I am at the grocery store and the cashier is ringing up a bunch of stuff for me, I will start putting it in bags for them. It saves time for both of us and hey, less work on their part. But like 80% of the time I do it they look uncomfortable and start waving someone over to take over. Is it wrong of me to do that? Are they going to get in trouble because I want to help? I have asked a few times and never get anything but non-committal answers designed to not get them fired.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #57
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
I have a question for you. When I am at the grocery store and the cashier is ringing up a bunch of stuff for me, I will start putting it in bags for them. It saves time for both of us and hey, less work on their part. But like 80% of the time I do it they look uncomfortable and start waving someone over to take over. Is it wrong of me to do that? Are they going to get in trouble because I want to help? I have asked a few times and never get anything but non-committal answers designed to not get them fired.
The straight answer: The entire store can get in trouble for that. If a secret shopper or someone from headquarters comes through and sees a customer bagging their own groceries, headquarters will throw a complete and utter fit. The store management will get landed on, and will then land on the cashier, who (as the lowest rung on the ladder of consequences) is likely to lose her job.

Likewise, even when you only have a few items, allow the boxboy to carry them. Otherwise, his job is in danger.

(Former cashier for Wal-Mart, and the same policy obtains at my local grocery.)
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #58
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Pet Peeves:

- Not being as fat as I want to be.

- Staying home because the birthday dinner for someone else is going to a drive-in in one car... only to find out they changed their minds and went to a sit-down Italian place (and didn't bring me back a thing). (Tonight, if you're wondering.)

- Not having a job, especially when everyone I apply to tells me I'd be wonderful.

- Being stuck in the house because my sister needs my car to go to work.

- Living in my sister's spare room.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #59
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Right now . . .

Boys in skinny jeans . . .

enough said . . .
Old 05-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #60
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Not having enough time to sleep
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #61
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Asking for extra ANYTHING in a restaurant (including a napkin) and getting raised eyebrows. Especially when I pre-empt it with, 'if it costs extra, it's okay'.

Not having the seat in my car returned to an even remotely close estimate of its original position.

Borrowing my car and returning it with a bone-dry gas tank.

Demanding to watch something on TV and then turning on your laptop AND plugging in earphones but pissing and moaning when I change the station.

Deliberately ignoring the GPS and then cursing it when you have to do a u-turn six fucking times.

Sighing when I turn on the stereo or turn up the volume to a decibel that anything other than dogs and whales can hear.

When I repeatedly offer to pick something up and the other person insists they don't want or need anything and then gets pissed off when I don't bring anything back for them.

Assuming because I have a handicapped placard that I'm fatlazy and snowed some crooked doctor to get it.

Asking me what I'd like for dessert and after I say 'anything but ice cream is good for me' always always ALWAYS bringing home ice cream.

I feel so much better now.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #62
wolfpersona

wolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
No it's not wrong. If you want to help. Alot of customers do. They might feel uncomfortable but they won't get in trouble. Our company pushes customer service. Sometimes they don't have enough baggers. So they will call people to the checkout. They just want to do their job well. The managers know how the checkout runs, and who is and isn't working.

I don't know about walmart though.

Last edited by wolfpersona; 05-03-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #63
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Thanks for the answers to my off-topic questions fellas. This is at Publix by the way.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #64
wolfpersona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Pet Peeves:

- Not being as fat as I want to be.

- Staying home because the birthday dinner for someone else is going to a drive-in in one car... only to find out they changed their minds and went to a sit-down Italian place (and didn't bring me back a thing). (Tonight, if you're wondering.)

- Not having a job, especially when everyone I apply to tells me I'd be wonderful.

- Being stuck in the house because my sister needs my car to go to work.

- Living in my sister's spare room.
Wow i want to be fatter but gaining is so s-l-o-w because i have an active job.
Don't you love it when you go for and interview and they tell you you'd be great for the job, and they never call you back and when you call them back they're not hiring. Keep looking and talking to people and eventually you will land one.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #65
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

People who whip trash out their car window.
Rude customer service representatives.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #66
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
The straight answer: The entire store can get in trouble for that. If a secret shopper or someone from headquarters comes through and sees a customer bagging their own groceries, headquarters will throw a complete and utter fit. The store management will get landed on, and will then land on the cashier, who (as the lowest rung on the ladder of consequences) is likely to lose her job.

Likewise, even when you only have a few items, allow the boxboy to carry them. Otherwise, his job is in danger.

(Former cashier for Wal-Mart, and the same policy obtains at my local grocery.)
I've never heard of this. I shop at Shop-Rite for the most part and I always always help bag my groceries. I mean, I know it is not my fault the cashiers are in the job they're in but I do feel bad that they're on their feet for so many hours dealing with all sorts of lunacy throughout the day so I always help. They're my groceries, why not help. What supermarket did you work at (if you don't mind me asking)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobettiepurple View Post

enough said . . .
AGREE!!!!! My son is a skateboarder but thank heavens he hates the skinny jean look a lot of the skaters wear.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #67
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post
I've never heard of this. I shop at Shop-Rite for the most part and I always always help bag my groceries. I mean, I know it is not my fault the cashiers are in the job they're in but I do feel bad that they're on their feet for so many hours dealing with all sorts of lunacy throughout the day so I always help. They're my groceries, why not help. What supermarket did you work at (if you don't mind me asking)?
I was at the "green" Wal-Mart in McKinney, TX for six months back in '05, ending around Christmas. (I was moving to my sister's place in Forney, and with the price of gas going up, the commute wasn't going to work.)
Old 05-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #68
IszyStone
Biter

IszyStone does more than just post hot picsIszyStone does more than just post hot picsIszyStone does more than just post hot picsIszyStone does more than just post hot pics

people who complain about things then do nothing to fix it

people who complain about me doing things then me asking how I could do it better and them replying "I dunno"

OMG! Girls who totally like talk like this like all the like time

Parents who don't control their children then expect me to take care of them

my cat puking on the carpet

Parents saying they can't wait for me to visit, then asking me to clean a bathtup I never use as soon as I get back

when a pen stops writing even when there's a lot of ink left (maybe I should just by less cheap pens)

when someone has to use a one stall bathroom just 2 seconds before I also have to use it
IszyStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:41 AM   #69
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I was at the "green" Wal-Mart in McKinney, TX for six months back in '05, ending around Christmas. (I was moving to my sister's place in Forney, and with the price of gas going up, the commute wasn't going to work.)
Ahh. Well I lived in Mississippi for almost a year in 2002 and being from Jersey there was a noticeable difference in manners and politeness from servers/cashiers/etc. Here, people can be a bit.. gruff, whereas there in the South everywhere we went it was "Y'all have a wonderful day and come back soon!" in the Pollyanna cheerful voice every single day from everyone no matter where we went (a shock to my Jersey system). SO maybe the rules were different because of location? I've never known anyone to not help bag their own groceries. Even in some stores where teenagers stop in and help bag for tips I always help out.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #70
JoeVanHalen

JoeVanHalen can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobettiepurple View Post

enough said . . .
What is with that? I mean, where do they put there, err, junk without cutting off the blood suply...
Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #71
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post
Ahh. Well I lived in Mississippi for almost a year in 2002 and being from Jersey there was a noticeable difference in manners and politeness from servers/cashiers/etc. Here, people can be a bit.. gruff, whereas there in the South everywhere we went it was "Y'all have a wonderful day and come back soon!" in the Pollyanna cheerful voice every single day from everyone no matter where we went (a shock to my Jersey system). SO maybe the rules were different because of location? I've never known anyone to not help bag their own groceries. Even in some stores where teenagers stop in and help bag for tips I always help out.
You're right. In Jersey and even states bordering right along Jersey, there's a big difference in customer 'relations'. In fact, reading this thread initially bewildered me because if you don't start bagging your own groceries don't be surprised if you get a 'look'. Lots of attitude.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #72
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpersona View Post
Wow i want to be fatter but gaining is so s-l-o-w because i have an active job.
Don't you love it when you go for and interview and they tell you you'd be great for the job, and they never call you back and when you call them back they're not hiring. Keep looking and talking to people and eventually you will land one.
Amen on the gaining; not to mention, with no income, I can't just eat anytime, anything, as much as I want to.

As for the job...

(tosses another rejection letter)

I keep trying... but if something doesn't stick this month, I'll be out of the job market. Car insurance, gas, paying on the Driver Responsibility Program... I'm soon going to be minus the legal ability to drive, and have my license suspended!

Pardon. I'm a little stressed. (The thought of spending the rest of your life as live-in unpaid child care will do that to you.)
Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #73
Jenloveslarge

Jenloveslarge has said some nice things

I have a real peeve against people who think because they have a Jesus fish on their car they don't have to use a turn signal.

Men who wear their pants so low, the only thing between there equipment and me (walking down the street) is a sheet of paper thin underwear.

Miserable people who want to spend time with me to try to bring them up, and therefore drag me down.

Skinny girls who walk as slow as possible in front of your car.

People who think it's alright to talk on their phone while interacting with another human being who is working in the service industry.

Men who mistake friendly for an unwanted sexual response!

How about starting a new thread on things that we love...

I'll start, when someone brings your food out in a restaurant that isn't the person who originally ordered from, and acts all confused with who ordered the salad and who ordered the huge fried chicken basket! LOL
Jenloveslarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #74
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Bump

People that smell like unwashed hair. *shudder*

Old lady cough.

Wet socks (my standard) I can't get over this one.

People that stay back a car length at stop signs or red lights. PULL UP!
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #75
hbighappy

hbighappy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeshbighappy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeshbighappy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

when some one sings a song that's playing in the car and they are singing it badly and continue to do this for every song they like I mean one song ok you like the song but if you cant sing for shit please don't sing every song come on just enjoy it

When you play Xbox live or PC online and people try act all hard and flame on just chill enjoy yourself

Crock shoes lol hate them

When people in front of you or behind you at the movies are talking all loud i mean sure i can understand some times you need say some thing but not full blown conversation
hbighappy is offline   Reply With Quote